What class path for Gaius and skill for him to pass down to Nah?

Ⱥstra

Hi,

I am currently in the phases of planning out a lunatic no grind run in awakening. (Not an iron man though, since I plan to actually make use of my army and not just robin x chrom, which makes the game 10x harder because awaking is sh-) My pairings planned so far are:

Chrom and Olivia, Sumia and Frederick, Kellam and Panne, Gaius and Nowi, Robin and Cordelia, Gregor and Miriel

Some are kind of optimal and some intentionally are not. I am not doing chrom x robin because it is too good and makes the game boring. I will not be doing any more pairings than this because it is no grind and even this might be stretching it, however I think 6 pairings is doable because Olivia and Frederick are low commitment units, no Donnel also opens up more XP for other units.

Anyways, I want to pair Gaius and Nowi because it not only makes a good kid but they also complement each other nicely in gameplay, which is more important than the child unit for the main story. I am not sure what skill Gaius should pass to Nah however. I am told that Sol is the best bet but I am not sure if I can safely reclass Gaius to a fighter once he hits lvl 10 thief. He loses a lot of his speed pair up and move that he gives to Nowi (who always gets speed screwed so she needs it) and starts with e rank axes. I usually reclass Gaius to Mymidon at lvl 10 thief, since he literally becomes a better Lon qu. I don't see how this benefits Nah however, since she can run through myrmidon herself, hence why I am conflicted on what to do with Gaius in terms of his class path and what skill to pass down to Nah. I am not sure if passing down sol is viable in lunatic no grind. Maybe I shouldn't bother reclassing him either and just promote him to assassin or trickster to keep his helpful stat bonuses for Nowi.

I am really not sure what to do with the guy and am curious as to what the opinions are on here.

Thanks and have a nice day!

23 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Some of those pairs look bad imo.

For Nah you want a hard support dad, not a Galeforce dad.  Gaius is better off on Noire.

Who would you consider a hard support dad? I hear Yarne (never used him) is good as a support unit so I figured kellam (support dad) would be good on Panne , who I plan to make a wyvern because it sounds fun. I hear Kellam is good on Nowi but I don't see how that helps her as a unit. She is already bulky and struggles with speed, which an armor knight kellam would not give her. Perhaps I could reclass him to thief and thus have him give the defense mods to Nah whilst also giving the speed and move bonuses to Nowi. This would make Gaius obsolete which means the bench.

I am not sure if I plan on using Tharja in this run, since I did in a previous hard mode run with project thabes installed.  What would a Noire with Gaius as her dad want to do? What should Gaius pass down?

3 hours ago, Ⱥstra said:

Who would you consider a hard support dad? I hear Yarne (never used him) is good as a support unit so I figured kellam (support dad) would be good on Panne , who I plan to make a wyvern because it sounds fun. I hear Kellam is good on Nowi but I don't see how that helps her as a unit. She is already bulky and struggles with speed, which an armor knight kellam would not give her. Perhaps I could reclass him to thief and thus have him give the defense mods to Nah whilst also giving the speed and move bonuses to Nowi. This would make Gaius obsolete which means the bench.

I am not sure if I plan on using Tharja in this run, since I did in a previous hard mode run with project thabes installed.  What would a Noire with Gaius as her dad want to do? What should Gaius pass down?

Gaius would give Noire Sol because she won't get it any other way.

As for Nah, any father that gives her good support classes will do, (Henry, Libra etc).

Here is the pairings list that you should look at to help:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13b2KxYlWGqnMPbXMqjGj850dKa88sAytTCCJw7gpaS4/edit

This explains everything you need to know.  Yes it's for Apo, but that same thing can apply in FEA in general.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Gaius would give Noire Sol because she won't get it any other way.

As for Nah, any father that gives her good support classes will do, (Henry, Libra etc).

Here is the pairings list that you should look at to help:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13b2KxYlWGqnMPbXMqjGj850dKa88sAytTCCJw7gpaS4/edit

This explains everything you need to know.  Yes it's for Apo, but that same thing can apply in FEA in general.

I don' think getting sol on Gaius is viable in a lunatic no grind, no renown, no anna shop run.

I also realized now that Nah`s paralogue is very late and therefore I am not even sure if she is of any use to me as a unit in my run. Her map is definitely a good source of near end game experience though. I therefore think I will simply have Gaius go Thief -> Trickster (then rescue staff abuse into) -> Assassin. I can then pass either move +1, lucky seven, lethality and maybe pass as useful skills to Nah.

2 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

I don' think getting sol on Gaius is viable in a lunatic no grind, no renown, no anna shop run.

I also realized now that Nah`s paralogue is very late and therefore I am not even sure if she is of any use to me as a unit in my run. Her map is definitely a good source of near end game experience though. I therefore think I will simply have Gaius go Thief -> Trickster (then rescue staff abuse into) -> Assassin. I can then pass either move +1, lucky seven, lethality and maybe pass as useful skills to Nah.

depends on what you're thinking of doing, because I have been able to side him into it without grinding too much, then again I probably shouldn't admit that I keep a main team.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 3:23 AM, Ⱥstra said:

Chrom and Olivia, Sumia and Frederick, Kellam and Panne, Gaius and Nowi, Robin and Cordelia, Gregor and Miriel

That's too many couples in a no DLC playthrough and worse, no room for healers. Are you even gonna include kids on the team? I recommend to drop at least one couple. Hell, one of your replacement couples can be from Lissa or Maribelle paired with Libra!

On 9/24/2022 at 4:00 AM, Ⱥstra said:

Who would you consider a hard support dad?

Gregor Vaike and Henry are good dads for Nah. If you insist on Gaius and Nowi tho...

On 9/24/2022 at 3:23 AM, Ⱥstra said:

I am not sure what skill Gaius should pass to Nah however.

Movement +1 Let the powerful dragon soar further! >:D

(Or Vantage if Gaius becomes a Myrmdion.)

Remember if you want Chrom/Olivia, don't read any C-Support from any female suitors before chapter 12!