Nintendo Indie World - 9th Nov. 2022

Punished Dayni

One game I hope appears is Ex Zodiac. An indie nintendo direct is definitely the ideal place to get the word out about a game that looks and plays like classic Star Fox. Maybe A Frog's Tale too. It's very late in development and boasts some mario rpg-esque action commands. Tinykin is already out, but that strikes me as the sort of game that ought to have been showcased on a Nintendo something.

I may have forgotten it was on and was elsewhere at the time. Ah well.

Spoiler

First off is a table full of food, which then shows an Indian family doing some Cooking Mama esque minigames to cook food while progressing alongside family milestones and turmoil called Venba. Alright I suppose, but the family stuff is what the devs focus on discussing when they're on screen (changing perspectives during the game). It's out Spring. Then there's Goodbye World, yet another game about people making video games, though this looks like it's not as gut wrenching as.... a jeez I forgot the name of the one on PC that's not out yet if I recall correctly. This is some point in November. Next is a game with a reaper in a 2D side scroller called Have a Nice Death (baa baa, ba ba ba daa ba), that seems pretty typical for the genre if allowing OTT attack like rocket launcher attacks. Lots of weapons, which might be messy in balance? It gets a date of March 22. Then we get a French game called Aka where you go around an island and find places to relax. Also there's farming and crafting involved, which is another farm sim for the board, out 15th December. Next up is a game where you have a drill (looks like Drill Dozer but more about quick traversal with the drill through soil) to play through 2D stages and also including combat beyond just hitting things with the spinny end called Pepper Grinder (RIP my cooking sim about biker gangs), but there's no fixed date beyond 2023. Coffee Talks Episode 2 is a VN where you're a barista and I'll be honest it being a sequel, coffee centric and a VN seems like a personal skip.

The next game is a 3D adventure title that looks like it could be big and open world with characters that are cutesy but with big old bosses called Oni: Road to be the Mightiest Oni (Shueisha are involved, I could believe this being a manga before) where you play as a disgraced demon who fucks off to an island and teams up with a spirit to fight their way through. Apparently all on one joycon, which sounds like a RIP to handheld play. It's out 9th March. After that is a game that looks like it's about getting a party of allies after fighting them with a ball and maybe getting caught called Desta: The Memories Between. That opening bit didn't help explain anything, but it's a rougelite SRPG where you pick up spirit balls to defeat enemies with trick shots. But apparently the goal of the game is to get through the whole dream in one go (one night) and sort out something in her past? Not sure, but maybe that's on purpose. Out next year though. Then there's a game where you play teenagers figuring out themselves and using psychic powers on the way, only to have to deal with a giant monster threatening the world. It's A Space for the Unbound, out 19th January. Next is a game that looks like it'd be yet another 2D sidescroller where you just play someone's youth, but it's actually 3D with a painted artstyle, alongside you collecting pics and sounds of the area as part of progress I guess in Dordogne (The studio's called Un Je Ne Sais Quoi and if that's not pretentious French what is?), where it's also revealed that it is indeed about trying to sort out lost memories of innocence after all (I figured). You switch between child and adult Mimi to explore those memories too, which is alright I suppose, yet again this is set for Spring.

Then we get a game where you try to regreen a manor you now own with puzzles and growing plants to get the greenhouse blossoming I guess, but this game is another with no date beyond 2023. Then we get a game where you play a troupe trying to keep the show going with improv performance and dealing with issues that happen as your explore the kingdom called Once Upon a Jester. Course, it's about your main cast trying to get to do a heist and the troupe is a cover, but I'm assuming they might get more into it over time. And at least this game's out already. Then it's Rouge Legacy 2, which I already know is supposed to be good ad is out today, so that's neat. Then it's Blanc (Yo, more Blanc) which lets us see more of the gameplay and understand that it's 2-pplayer full stop. It gets a date of 14th February, which hey that's in line with the last trailer, so no issues since. Next is a montage of Wrestlequest, which looks like it's an RPG with wrassling and 2d sprites (May), then Wobbledogs (Incest sim, November 17th), Storyteller (where you solve how some short stories end, March 23rd), World of Horror (Feel like I've seen people talk about this before, out Summer), Curse of the Sea Rats (Sidescroller with rats and magic I guess?, out 2023) and Inscryption (Well now, December 1st). Next up is a puzze game about putting things in order and dealing with a cat being a pain on your OCD called A Little to the Left, which is out today. Last game is Sport Story, which finally gets some news (It has a lot of sports huh), which is the Stardew Valley of story modes in Merio sports games the way I'm hearing people talk and it finally has a date.... in December with no specific day. Wew.

TLDR: Blanc/10

Okay, that aside, I think it's a pretty diverse range of titles, see what suits you. Me, I think Desta The Memories Between could be interesting, some other neat ports get put out, Pepper Grinder could be cool and Once Upon a Jester's a maybe too. Not a massive interest personally, but I think this was a pretty good range and more diverse than the September Direct.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

One game I hope appears is Ex Zodiac. An indie nintendo direct is definitely the ideal place to get the word out about a game that looks and plays like classic Star Fox. Maybe A Frog's Tale too. It's very late in development and boasts some mario rpg-esque action commands. Tinykin is already out, but that strikes me as the sort of game that ought to have been showcased on a Nintendo something.

Not one of those showed up, or Silksong, which all could have fit in just fine.

Blanc does look real good. And Goodbye World, I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I last seen that game. Probably one of the Mother Directs. Either way that's a good looking game. And I completely forgot they were making a sequel to Golf Story. I am definitely playing that.

• 1 month later...

On 11/7/2022 at 10:45 PM, Punished Dayni said:

Oh look, another one of these. Let's hope there's some surprises in here.

Though I know how I tend to feel about them is more mixed than I'd like.

Spoiler

I appreciate the specifics. Even if you don't take any online classes, you should still set up a study area when attending college or university. Today I told you 5 steps for creating an effective study space. look at this link. This will enable you to focus on your schoolwork without being distracted or tempted to become lazy, which is common while working from home.

I appreciate the specifics.

Edited by JohnCooper