What we know of Engage's mechanics so far.

DefyingFates

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Was talking to the source of the other info, and apparently:

Hide contents

Glad Cleric isn't inheritable, that'd be a bit ridiculous casually giving everyone bonus C staves.

Thank you very much!

Spoiler

It's interesting that Stalwart only reduces effective damage, not straight up negates them. And Mitan (boss from Anna's paralogue) also have the skill, although she doesn't technically needs it (She's a backup-type Barbarian class)

Also, you said that you were talking to the info source, but can you tell me who they are? I can't seem to find who is providing these information

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

A little disappointed that Master Lance is not localized as Meisterlanze to go with Meisterbogen

That was always a liberty taken by Heroes, the kana is clearly Master Lance and Master Bow. Though I'm surprised they're being that inconsistent.

... also wow, they really straight up gave him a 1-2 range brave didn't they. When I first saw it I thought they'd get rid of the range. I guess it lacks enemy phase utility so that's kind of okay?

5 hours ago, tipperthescales said:
Spoiler

This seems to give me raw weapon stats of: Mt 7 (14 in Thracia), Wt 5 greater than the Killer axes, so >14 (16 in Thracia), Hit 55, Avo -10 (?!)

Doesn't seem so for the Avo, the Spd stat is lowered a ton. Also... a 4 Mt difference between the two suggests that Tetra trick does not in fact halve damage... wonder why its output is so low, then. Halves Str perhaps?
This also implies that the Master Bow has 6 Mt. If it's even something you can equip.

Adding the Master Lance to the doc, in any case... thing is getting very spoiler-heavy...

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Doesn't seem so for the Avo, the Spd stat is lowered a ton.

Oops I forgot there was a 5 Spd difference in calculations. Good catch.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the description for the Tetra Trick is to figure out what exactly is going on there...

9 hours ago, Cysx said:

Infinite uses on Normal.

Gotcha, thanks!

9 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Also just asked the reviewer about Type Bonuses on Engage skills / attacks. Any types not listed get no bonuses:

That's a lot of type bonuses! I'm actually pretty impressed at how type bonuses are being handled: it's not just "each ability gets a better version with one movement type and also Dragon" but instead there are a bunch of different perks for individual skills. We saw that before with Warp Ragnarok but it's nice to get concrete info that this is how they'll all function. Also I'm glad that Dragon doesn't always get the best version of an ability (though they make up for it by getting a bonus from most of them).

I’m glad for that too. I wasn’t expecting it to be so diverse, it’ll definitely make assigning Emblems more interesting. I was a bit worried they’d feel very fixed in terms of what classes should go with what Emblem.

Wow, a lot of these emblems are gonna be giving sword proficiency huh. I do appreciate how quickly they seem to give proficiencies tho, should be easy enough to get what you need by just using the emblem arena to get what you need (and seems like the result doesn't matter cause I think in one video we saw Marth beat the living day lights out of Alear and they still got a higher bond level lol).

The personal skills are certainly something. If anything, some of them just aren't good lol like Diamant, why are you giving the enemy +15 hit? What does this do for you? I don't care if it matches you as a character, it's dumb.

Nice to know Jean is our villager for the game. Still don't understand why out of all the characters, he just wasn't showcased on twitter but whatever I guess.

The type bonuses for emblems are nice and diverse actually. I was kinda worried they would be Alear + one or two types that make sense but they are actually quite varied. 

Leif's master lance is broken like wtf, two range and a brave? At least it covers you for enemy phase to have a range weapon to retaliate.

24 minutes ago, Azz said:

Leif's master lance is broken like wtf, two range and a brave? At least it covers you for enemy phase to have a range weapon to retaliate.

Wait, so does Leif not come with a bow? That's odd, considering Tetra Trick...

I was under the presumption Leif’s third engage weapon is his light brand tho and the bow was from terra trick only?

59 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I think his Bow could just come later with higher bond

Considering every other Emblem only has a max of three items in their inventory at any time, I suspected Leif could be an exception and have four, but if Master Lance fills the "2-range" weapon requirement it suggests he's only getting three, which obviously makes Tetra Trick a bit weird to think about.

54 minutes ago, Azz said:

I was under the presumption Leif’s third engage weapon is his light brand tho and the bow was from terra trick only?

That's possible! It still seems odd to have a weapon only appear for the Engage Attack though.

Edited by DefyingFates

For the Master Bow - the coloration of it compared with the other weapons during Tetra Trick doesn't feature the green Tron lines (they're very desaturated bright yellow) so I'm not really expecting it to appear in the Engage Weapon catalogue. As Azz says, Master Lance covers the ranged attack for Adaptable (and will make Ch 8 Ivy tricky to approach unless you (a) snipe her with Thunder or a Longbow at 3 range, (b) the fallback button of Engaging; trying to Hand Axe her would probably get her to switch to Fire since she can counter with it and not get broken).

One could argue that Twin Strike always having Ephraim use Siegmund could imply Siegmund is never available as an Engage Weapon, and thus similarly would count as an oddity in inventory-to-Engage Attack inconsistency.

~~~

I can understand the rationale for Mystical having a lot of bonus effects, given the limited class pool in the Mystical type (Celine's prf classes, Mage, Sage, High Priest only) and the relative weakness of Mystical classes' promoted skills (whatever mediocrity Spell Harmony is, and Self-Healing); but at this stage Covert feels a bit short-changed (Divine Speed adding conditional poison feels a bit weird unless you're using an archer), especially since they also have a similar restricted class pool (Alcryst's prf classes, Archer, Sniper, Thief only). Of course Astra Storm has its mega ballista effect with Covert, but hopefully there's a bit more to this type's bonus effects...

Eh IDK. I don't see Leif getting four weapons tbh, the inventory section only has room four eight slots, five for the unit and three for the emblem. Unless his final weapon is the master bow and his light brand is solely for tetra trick, kinda like how Corrin's dragon fang is for her attack only, but that also wouldn't make sense since every emblem has their main weapon as their final one. TBH, I also don't see him having his bow for his engage attack being too weird tbh, some liberties have to be taken at times I guess.

On another note, kinda weird how Roy seems to only have two sync skills for the first 10 levels. He has Hold Out and Advance, but then instead of getting a third sync skill like the other emblems, he gets Hold Out+

Also, could we possibly get in contact with the person who has given us all the skill and emblem info to show us the class change option for male units so we can see if dudes can fly?

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

For the Master Bow - the coloration of it compared with the other weapons during Tetra Trick doesn't feature the green Tron lines (they're very desaturated bright yellow) so I'm not really expecting it to appear in the Engage Weapon catalogue. As Azz says, Master Lance covers the ranged attack for Adaptable (and will make Ch 8 Ivy tricky to approach unless you (a) snipe her with Thunder or a Longbow at 3 range, (b) the fallback button of Engaging; trying to Hand Axe her would probably get her to switch to Fire since she can counter with it and not get broken).

One could argue that Twin Strike always having Ephraim use Siegmund could imply Siegmund is never available as an Engage Weapon, and thus similarly would count as an oddity in inventory-to-Engage Attack inconsistency.

~~~

I can understand the rationale for Mystical having a lot of bonus effects, given the limited class pool in the Mystical type (Celine's prf classes, Mage, Sage, High Priest only) and the relative weakness of Mystical classes' promoted skills (whatever mediocrity Spell Harmony is, and Self-Healing); but at this stage Covert feels a bit short-changed (Divine Speed adding conditional poison feels a bit weird unless you're using an archer), especially since they also have a similar restricted class pool (Alcryst's prf classes, Archer, Sniper, Thief only). Of course Astra Storm has its mega ballista effect with Covert, but hopefully there's a bit more to this type's bonus effects...

High Priest is Qi not Mystical I believe, at least how people were assigning it previously. Covert definitely needs more too though, only having one promoted option and Thief is lame for general options. Hoping both categories get more in DLC.

Really they should have given Thief promotions too, would have helped a bit. Granted, Armor is also very limited, and I don’t think even has the benefit of a Lord. It’s mostly Cavalry and Backup with the rest having a smattering of options ranging from 1-3 promoted wise.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Also, could we possibly get in contact with the person who has given us all the skill and emblem info to show us the class change option for male units so we can see if dudes can fly?

Oh yeah, good question. I'm interested to know if there are any natural promotion for male flyer classes if they cannot ride on Pegasi too (basically what is male's class to promote into Griffon/Wyvern Knight)

1 hour ago, Mirron said:

High Priest is Qi not Mystical I believe, at least how people were assigning it previously.

Nah, it's mystical. There's only three Qi adept classes we know of at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Nah, it's mystical. There's only three Qi adept classes we know of at the moment.

This post has High Priest as Qi Adept, where did you see it as Mystical? Not saying you're wrong just haven't seen it shared around then.

3 minutes ago, Mirron said:

This post has High Priest as Qi Adept, where did you see it as Mystical? Not saying you're wrong just haven't seen it shared around then.

No worries. Afaik we only have Pandreo as an example, but we've seen him a few times in japanese:

wP7ebYt.png

That's the kanji for Mystical.

12 minutes ago, Mirron said:

Okay, sorry, my mistake! High Priest is indeed mystical. I think I went too fast and didn't really paid attention to what I've written. Sorry again for the confusion

mistake.jpg

Edited by Hiroki

Weird question, do we know why Alear sometimes attacks three times when synced with Marth but not actually engaged (where Divine Speed would be active actually giving him three attacks)?

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Weird question, do we know why Alear sometimes attacks three times when synced with Marth but not actually engaged (where Divine Speed would be active actually giving him three attacks)?

Break Defenses.
When you break an enemy with that skill, you attack once more with 50% power. This does stack with Divine Speed.

12 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, so that's what that does! Thank you, Kori!

For what it's worth, we have seen a few instances of Divine Speed + Break Defenses interactions as follows:

a) Doesn't normally double, but Break Defenses and Divine Speed both trigger:

Wn7safm.png

b) Doubles, with Break Defenses after the first attack, then Divine Speed after the normal follow-up:

XwQW0WZ.png

Makes me wonder though about the likelihood of setting up a double where the first attack misses but the second connects while Engaged with Marth (for Divine Speed) and Break Defenses is active... (probably unlikely unless it's like Boucheron or someone, lol)