Fire Emblem Engage alternative designs

Yatagarasu

These aren't technically sprites, but my previous works on FE3H styles portraits where accepted on that section so I guess this is OK to share on here 🙂

Fire Emblem Engage hasn't yet launched at the time I'm posting. I follow the hype and discussions here and there on the Internet, carefully avoiding leaks and spoilers, and I noticed that many people aren't really fans of the character design for this game. I myself am a bit disappointed with some of the official characters' outfits and overwhelming accessories, especially when it seems that we cannot (so far) change the outfits displayed during battle. I hope a future update would allow us to bring the Somniel outfits to the battlefield, or add a couple new hairstyles... But it's just a minor complain especially when the combat animations look very good. I do not play Fire Emblem for the graphics anyway 🙂

But I wanted to discuss this: What changes would you bring to the characters' designs in Engage?
For my part I would:

-lessen the number of accessories (straps, daggers etc. are fine but there's sometimes too many ribbons, extra jewelry, etc.)
-get rid of the tatoos / face stickers / glitters on some of the characters
-avoid unrealistically long hair (Celine, if you read this, you're cute looking and all, but you'll just trip over your hair in battle.)

-give the characters from Lythos, Firene and Brodia more medieval looking outfits.

I invite everyone to post your images here and show what changes you would bring to the characters from Engage, if any.
If you cannot edit portraits or draw your own, a description is fine 🙂

Here are my modified versions of Panette and Hortensia, what do you think?
I personally think that Panette looks sooo much better like this ❤️

Panette2.thumb.jpg.b2ed7207bf989b395fe7ea320dfe0339.jpghortensia-profile.thumb.jpg.92f3c4abb0ff9949f828e5a0fc74e872.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think Panette looses some of the intended flavor without the day-of-the-dead makeup, but they're much more pleasing designs to the eyes.

Undoubtedly the designs are over-complicated. Even Zelkov, who should be all means have the simplest design imaginable, still somehow has too many belts.