Now THAT was satisfying!

On the last few turns, I made a wall of units on the left bridge and had my theives not open the top two treasure chests at the top right areas (so the ravens can come and be killed.) Here's some ASCII:

U=Unit

B=Boyd

R=Rhys

S=Soren

Z=Zihark

I also had some units

around here v

U _U _U _U _U _U _U _U

___________----- _________________________Bridge v_____________________________Bridge v

___________I Z I

___________-----

___________I S I

___________-----

___________I R I

___________-----

___________I B I

___________-----

As you can see, I blocked off the ravens from attacking anyone, but what I forgot about was the seizable sqare. The ravens went straight to the bottom of the bridge in this formation.

___________-----_______<--Bottom bridge tile R=Raven S=Seizable tile

___________I B I

___________-----

____________R__R__R

___________________R

__________________Cabin

__________________Cabin S

I was in a pickle. Luckily I'm doing this in normal mode, (to get more stat ups for RD) so it was easier to fix the problem.

I had Boyd attack the raven in front of him, moved Rhys up five spaces and had Rolf finish off. It took me a while to think of what to do next, the only way out I could think was to rely on a critical hit, so I used Zihark and Killing Edge to finish off the raven to the right and it worked! The bottom right raven was already injured from Rolf a turn ago, so he was pretty simple to kill. The last raven was blocked by an opened treasure chest, the stairs, and that cabin to the left of the seize tile. Victory was inevitable!

Later, a raven pulled up in front of the seizable tile, my response was to block him from entering like this:

____________M=Mia

____________N=Nephenee

_________-----

_____________________R

_________-----

_____________Cabin Z _M

_____________Cabin S ___N

Since that cabin and units were blocking him, he couldn't reach the tile and seize! Man that felt good!

Have any of you guys had any experiences like this?

Sorry about the annoying underlines, it would have looked worse without them.

Edited by Yourgranny

Ah, yes, that one. That one can be a pain with those stealing Ravens (something for the "things that dont make sense" topic?)

Blocking the entrance and the chest is not that hard. I have done it in all my pts. Though i have ner done a wall of units like that.

Although that was a really good strategy to get back to the seize square.

That is exactly why I have Gatrie stay on the seize square for the entire chapter.

He isn't going to be doing anything really useful with his stats at that moment (most likely). Everyone else needs the experience more (and you can get Astrid up atleast a few levels if you play smart). Gatrie isn't going to be killed anytime soon.

He's the perfect solo defender for that spot.

The only thing I hate about that level is the boss..... a moving boss with a longbow can create hell for any remotely weak unit within his huge range.

The only thing I hate about that level is the boss..... a moving boss with a longbow can create hell for any remotely weak unit within his huge range.

He moves?! I've never seen him move but I've only played on normal. As for the seize square, I just let whoever I'm not using much on that chapter stay on the square. I think the ravens are more concerned about the treasure than who's guarding the square.

He moves?! I've never seen him move but I've only played on normal.

I don't know about hard but he moves for certain on Maniac. All I can say is this chapter is total hell on Maniac.

If you're unlucky, you'll get game over on the first enemy phase...that is how badly the NPCs get anihilated.

At the end of the day I managed to stop all the crows but then the boss charghes in and one-rounds Astrid. I leave her dead as I must have done the chapter at least 20 times by that point but never gotten so far.

As for the Seize point...prehaps Gatrie should have been put there. He couldn't really tank anywhere else (the mages will utterly destroy him and his lack of speed and res).

Ah, yes, that one. That one can be a pain with those stealing Ravens (something for the "things that dont make sense" topic?)

How do stealing ravens not make sense? They're pirates, so they plunder cargo. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Meh. Not really. They actually make it easier to gather all the items, since you don't need to have two thieves running around which, one of which definitely needs protection (Sothe). You automatically receive the item the Raven has stolen simply by killing it. That means there's one less character you have to protect, while you have an easier time getting all the chest items.

Hmm...

Meh. Not really. They actually make it easier to gather all the items, since you don't need to have two thieves running around which, one of which definitely needs protection (Sothe). You automatically receive the item the Raven has stolen simply by killing it. That means there's one less character you have to protect, while you have an easier time getting all the chest items.

Hmm...

The ravens completely ignore you, though, which means that you need to go out of your way to kill those bastards before they leave the map.

Pfeh, as soon as they reach the chest, they'll have to stay there, so you can easily stay there. And otherwise you still have 2 range weapons, Jill and Marcia to kill them if necessary. And there's not really a "way" to go to anyway. It's pretty much slapping a fairly useless high hp/def unit (like Gatrie) on that defend spot, clear the center area and then murder everything in the upper area to get all the remaining items.

I dread that chapter. It's annoying how, if you don't do everything just right on the first turn, Astrid will die then and there. Then again, I'm probably doing it wrong.

It's actually pretty simple to save Astrid on the first turn. Just shove Ike a few times with your highest leveled characters then you can recruit Astrid and Gatrie right then and there.

You can also stick a mounted unit right beside Astrid so she can't get attacked, then recruit her on the second turn.