Will there be a NG+, or Gold+EXP Farm DLC?

Viberum

As the title says, I rememeber easy Gold + EXP farm dlc in Awakening, Fates, and Echoes, but are there any signs of that happening here in Engage?

New Game Plus happened in Three Houses, which definitely enticed more playthroughs, but will that happen in the future for Engage?

Edited by Viberum

Unless we get another expansion pass (which, considering how they have shown off everything from the first one, could be a possibility), I doubt it. I am very surprised they didn't make some obligatory grindy DLCs like they have for every other game (sans Three Houses where they just gave more skirmish opportunities but that game didn't really need grinding since money was so plentiful)

As for NG+, we'll have to wait and see really if they add it via update (which I hope they do since some of these achievements are kinda insane to get in a normal run.

Edited by Azz

NG+ is a must have imo but idk what complains intelligent systems is getting from the JP part of players i hope they also complain about it

if the game doesn't have a NG+ it will cut my playtime by a huge margin witch is sad 😕 anyway have a good day everyone

Really hoping for NG+. Some of the mechanics were different enough that I made some mistake (should have actually read the tutorials) such as reclassing to try and get other skills. I'm not quite done the first playthough, but all the side content like donations, bond rings, etc. is kind of tedious and I would hate to lose some of that progress by starting a new game. I found easier to replay when there was less of this side stuff as building units was less tedious.

• Viberum changed the title to Will there be a NG+, or Gold+EXP Farm DLC?

I really hope for New Game+, it seems like a main stay on most games nowadays, and its absence feels weird here.  I've not played Maddening yet, since I intend that for my next playthrough, but the amount of skirmishes seems plenty for grinding on the lower difficulties, and I don't mind Maddening restricting it, at least until post game.

I really hope for Awakening style post-game maps as DLC, because pretty much every game since then has felt like there was little to do once beating the game apart from starting another playthrough (NG+ definitely helps here, but we don't have that either as of yet), and I like feeling like I have something to do with my ultra-built optimized end game characters.

39 minutes ago, CompteSecours said:

How ?

In TH, it was to do the other routes faster but in Engage ?

For Engage, I think a NG+ would work because it would make subsequent playthroughs easier to experiment on. So many skills require so much SP to spend to buy skills that is just unreasonable to think any unit would be able to get  in a single playthrough. On top of that all the achievements and donations are impossible to get in one playthrough outside of hours of grinding, in a game where grinding is really not easy. Hell, the game wants you to play a single file for 240 hours to get an achievement. NG+ would make this much more possible to do imo.

3 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

I see.

Can't you farm the endgame with skirmished and the trial tower ? I didn't play it so I'm just asking.

Skirmishes scale to your units so they are very impractical to grind weaker units and the trial tower also scales and you only get rewarded experience at the end and at most you get 30-50 exp I believe

The problem is that due to the game structure, NG+ could easily break the game.

There are arguments which could be made about keeping supports or even SP levels/unlocks.

Bit then that would be one very limited NG+ option…

And depending on how they do it, that could still be seriously gamebreaking.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:01 PM, TheHBK said:

The problem is that due to the game structure, NG+ could easily break the game.

There are arguments which could be made about keeping supports or even SP levels/unlocks.

Bit then that would be one very limited NG+ option…

And depending on how they do it, that could still be seriously gamebreaking.

I don't see what the problem would be.

You gotta beat the game the normal legit way to even get access to NG+. I think having the ability to create characters that do whatever you want is a pretty suitable reward.

And if you don't want any of that, you easily just start a new one from scratch. It's a win win for everyone.