Optimal way to farm Supports?

DefyingFates

This is the pattern I've settled into for getting as many supports as possible and I was curious if I was being efficient or not. To everyone here and especially to those who've also tried getting them, I hope you'll be able to help me out!

Each rotation takes ~20 minutes, including watching any Supports that pop-up in the process.

1. Auto-battle through a Lv 1 Tempest Trial.
  2. Do 3 rounds of the Arena (reloading each one to match supported opponents).
  3. Cook a meal with a rare ingredient (prioritizing meals both eaters like over one the chef is good at)
  4. Use the three recreation areas.
  5. Sleep for a Wake-Up event.
  6. Repeat.

Again, is this the fastest way or are there better alternatives? Thank you in advance!

P.S. The rare ingredient part comes from this video which states rare ingredients boost support gained? Not sure if anyone else has verified this though: https://youtu.be/_dAsOuPocVw

How fast is autobattle? I would consider doing 3x recreation -> autobattle cycle if autobattle is fast. A bit boring, but you don't need to do anything smart and the cycle requires minimum number of clicks. May consider doing it as background grind(do recreation, start autobattle, switch to something else, when battle is finished repeat cycle).

3 hours ago, Scaramuccia said:

How fast is autobattle? I would consider doing 3x recreation -> autobattle cycle if autobattle is fast. A bit boring, but you don't need to do anything smart and the cycle requires minimum number of clicks. May consider doing it as background grind(do recreation, start autobattle, switch to something else, when battle is finished repeat cycle).

You can only auto-battle one turn at a time, but a full Tempest Trial only takes ~3 minutes.

8 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Honestly, I just used the Corrin ring so you can charm more people with it.

Unfortunately, Quality Time only boosts support if it also heals the other unit, you can't just get the support points 😕

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Unfortunately, Quality Time only boosts support if it also heals the other unit, you can't just get the support points 😕

Someone suggested Fire from Corrin Emblem as the answer to this problem. You could do as much self damage as you want with it. But it could be too slow compared to other methods.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

You can only auto-battle one turn at a time, but a full Tempest Trial only takes ~3 minutes.

If it is 3 min I would consider doing recreation activities only. Maybe food. The problem with Arena reset - you will spend more time resetting than getting benefit from it. Activities are very fast - all 3 of them should take 2 minutes or so.

2 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

to add, there is also the Byleth skill, (I forgot the name but the one where you randomly find a lost item based on luck) also works for support grinding if you don't want to do the fire/quality time grind. 

Unfortunately it's a Lv 13 ability which is quite the Bond Fragment investment. Right now I'm doing 3 recreation activities in a row, which is getting me 1~2 Supports every 9~10 minutes. Adding the Arena adds another 10 minutes to that rotation in exchange for 3 more support boosts, and I'm not sure if that's worth the extra time - unless it gives more points than the other methods of course, but I don't think that information has been datamined or anything yet 😕