Hello!

Cantabile_style

Hi Everyone!

I've been using the guides on this website for a while and only just noticed there was a forum.... I've never really been very present online but it seemed like it would be fun to chat with people about Fire Emblem!

Like a lot of people I got started with Awakening and then branched out from there, my favourite being, I think, Fates! Lately I've been playing through Path of Radiance with a friend, and of course Engage. I've also played Sacred Stones, Fates, Echoes, 3 Houses and a tiny bit of Tear Ring Saga.

Other than vdeo games, I enjoy cooking, tabletop games and gardening.

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Hello, and welcome to the Forest! Yeah, a lot of people started with Awakening, I guess that's what happens when it basically saves the franchise! Fates is definitely a pretty good game, at least gameplay-wise on Conquest. The story can... definitely use some work, but at least the characters are fun! I hope you have a good time here, and you have some fruitful discussions with the people here!

Welcome to the Forest, Cantabile Style!

18 hours ago, Cantabile_style said:

Other than vdeo games, I enjoy cooking, tabletop games and gardening.

Since you write about it I'm curious to know, what's your Specialty?

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forest! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Also your username is reminding me that I need to go practice.

On 2/17/2023 at 8:35 PM, FlyingKitsune said:

Fates is definitely a pretty good game, at least gameplay-wise on Conquest. The story can... definitely use some work, but at least the characters are fun!

I think I probably agree with all of this, haha! The supports in that game are fun because of all the goofy characters and if I'm honest with myself that's at least half of what I'm playing them for.

7 hours ago, Ycine said:

Since you write about it I'm curious to know, what's your Specialty?

Oh that's a tough question! I don't know if it counts as a specialty but I like using flowers in my cooking! I didn't know this until recently but a surprising amount of flowers can be used in cooking which is pretty cool. Other than that I guess I have a fondness for making Greek food. I guess I'm still searching for my signature dish...

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Also your username is reminding me that I need to go practice.

To be honest I don't really play instruments any more... I used to play clarinet and keyboard back in school but I've long since fallen off. Still a big appreciator of classical music though! What do you play, if you don't mind me asking?

And thank you for the kind welcomes everyone =)

1 hour ago, Cantabile_style said:

Still a big appreciator of classical music though!

Nice.

1 hour ago, Cantabile_style said:

What do you play, if you don't mind me asking?

I play the Oboe! I'm hoping to go to uni to become a music teacher, so I take music stuff pretty seriously. Ignore my abject lack of ability to play the piano and very small field of knowledge for theory.

14 hours ago, Cantabile_style said:

Oh that's a tough question! I don't know if it counts as a specialty but I like using flowers in my cooking! I didn't know this until recently but a surprising amount of flowers can be used in cooking which is pretty cool. Other than that I guess I have a fondness for making Greek food. I guess I'm still searching for my signature dish...

Ooh, that's interesting. And fitting for someone who likes gardening!
I asked you and you answered so I owe you one too. My Specialty is "Rougail Saucisses".
But since it's still Winter I've been mostly oven cooking (gratins, quiches, roasted veggies etc...).

Again, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!