A N00b's Playthrough Of Fire Emblem: Awakening

JourneymanN00b

Hello everyone. I am a new member of the forums who acquired a copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening a couple of weeks ago and now have enough free time to play it. I previously played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in 2014, and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem in 2016, before real life events forced me into a gaming hiatus. It has thus been a while since I have played a Fire Emblem game, and I do not know too much about any new mechanics that started from the 3DS era.

With that in mind, I would like to have my experience with this game be one that is attractive enough for some users to respond. Which approach would be more interesting for you to see? The options are below:

* Taking the most direct path to beating the game. This would involve me choosing the Normal and Classic modes and setting the Avatar to be female with a Magic strong point and Defense weak point. While I am not going to truly play it like a speedrun, I will not be visiting any locations or taking on any extra content (such as Paralogues) outside the direct route to victory to keep things simple. Anna merchant spawns are fair game to pursue at any time, though.

* Allowing votes to decide which modes and Avatar configuration to take, which chapter strategy to carry out, which items to buy, which Paralogues to accept, which dialogue choices to make, and so on and so forth. Voting will be allowed at the end of each chapter.

* Choosing the hardest modes right out of the bat, which would be Lunatic and Classic modes. I will use every trick in the book that does not use Wi-Fi, DLC, or save-scumming, and will publish my strategy for each Chapter and Paralogue to maximize the odds of victory.

In any of the three above options, if a game over takes place, I will adhere to the Ironman rules and start the whole game over. No Wi-Fi or DLC content will be used at any point in this adventure.

I am also open to requests, for the few people willing to make them. After the weekend, I will start my playthrough based on the responses that I receive in this thread.

• 4 months later...

So after four months where I got sidetracked with a lot of real life issues, I finally have time to play the game. Since there has been no response, I will just pick the hardest modes right out of the bat, which are Lunatic and Classic.

I select a female Avatar and select Speed as her strong point and Skill as her weak point. I leave the Avatar’s settings to their default values, including her name as Robin. After I finish the Premonition chapter, I take on the Prologue chapter, which goes as follows:

Turn 1: I move Robin all the way right and attack the Myrm, which misses. Then, I unequip Chrom, pair Fred to him, and move Chrom below the lowest Myrm. I then swap and kill it with Fred. Finally, I put Lissa at the gap near the starting 3 tiles below the bottom-left market stand that all enemies can’t reach. In the enemy phase, the barb attacks Fred, who successfully counters the attack for 24 damage. 

Turn 2: I move Lissa all the way right and pair onto Robin. Next, I move Robin to the right of Fred and transfer her to Chrom. Then, I switch, equip Chrom with the Rapier, then switch back to Robin. I attack the Barb with Thunder for the kill, which thankfully connects. After that, I move Fred north of Robin, trade away Chrom’s swords, and attack the Mage for the kill. In the enemy phase, the Myrm and Barb gets closer.

Turn 3: I move Robin right into the water and swap to Chrom, who has no weapons as both of them together do enough damage to kill the Myrm, so a dual strike would give the Barb an opening to pummel Chrom’s (very likely) wounded face. Then, I move Fred across the east bridge so that he’s on the corner between both bridges. In the enemy phase the Myrm attacks Chrom, but Robin manages to defend him to avoid any damage. As expected, the Barb moves west of Myrm.

Turn 4: I move Chrom east, and drop Robin north of him. Next, I move Fred to the right of Chrom, and transfer Lissa to Chrom. The enemy phase sees Myrm move onto bridge with Barb right behind him.

Turn 5: I transfer Lissa from Chrom to Robin. Then, I trade Chrom back his swords. Next, I unequip Fred, then pair him onto Chrom. Finally, I move Robin north. The Myrm and Barb both move onto the second bridge in the enemy phase, as expected.

Turns 6-12: I move Chrom north, and transfer Fred to Robin for lower Mag, as this allows the Myrm (and Barb) to be milked for an extra hit each. With the Myrm in range of Robin, I blast him for the next 7 turns until he’s dead. I then transfer Fred back to Chrom.

Turn 13-17: I move Chrom left, and drop Fred. Next, I move Chrom right, then move Fred 7 tiles left. Then, I move Fred 2 tiles left. Afterwards, I move Fred 7 tiles right. Finally, I move Fred 2 tiles right, 3 tiles up, then 2 tiles right. Then I move Chrom right.

Turn 18-20: I pair Fred onto Chrom, move Chrom left, and have Robin snipe the Barb for the next 3 turns.

Turns 21-42: I have Robin collect all the Vulneraries, and position  Chrom/Fred one up, three right and two down from the rightmost Myrm on the right side of the moat. Position Robin/Lissa one up, two right from Chrom. Then I perform a rope-a-dope to deal with the Mage, with Lissa healing Robin up from the battles. I use 1 Vulnerary by mistake, though, and decide to take out the Mage without an extra heal from Lissa. Funnily enough, Lissa prevented the Mage’s from dealing damage from his last attack when Robin finally took the mage out.

Turns 43-67: I unequip Chrom, and move him to the edge of the river to lure the Myrms. Then, I have Robin kill the Myrm and a Barb, and have Lissa heal Robin afterwards. After luring the last two enemies, I have Robin kill the Myrm. I then mess up and get Lissa within attack range of the Barb while she was healing Chrom. I decide to risk things and have Robin face the Barb head on. After that, I have Robin gain 30 EXP and some weapon proficiency from the glitter, and move to face the boss.

Turn 68-69: I have Chrom paired up with Robin but unequipped, and Fred and Lissa adjacent Robin, and have Robin take out the boss with Thunder.

So yeah, I got sloppy when running the prologue, but at least I managed to get everyone alive and get Robin to level 7 with a Mag of 8 and a Spd of 10.

Below is the strategy that I will mostly be following for Chapter 1:

Turn 1: Move Fred to Robin, give Chrom back his swords, and pair Fred with Robin. Move Robin to the south Fort. Trade Fred the Bronze Sword and 2 Vulnerary, switch to Fred, and attack with the Bronze Sword instead of the Silver Lance to conserve lance uses and have a better hit chance. It will cost Robin some potential EXP, but it’s better for Fred to pick up the kill than for Robin or Chrom to risk taking damage. Equip Chrom with the Rapier (backup ‘dual strike in case Robin misses), then move to the right of Fred. Trade back the Bronze Sword, then transfer Robin. Move Lissa 3 tiles down. No one will come in attack range during the enemy phase.

Turn 2: Move Virion over to Fred, trade him the Elixir, unequip his bow, then pair onto Fred. Move Fred two tiles right. At most, he’ll have taken 12 damage. The Fort will heal him for 5, meaning a Vulnerary should put him at full, where, if he’s standing in the Woods, he can survive a round against both Mercs and a Fighter. Move Robin 3 tiles right and 1 tile up. Drop Chrom below her. Pair Sully to Lissa. Move Lissa to 1 tile above the Woods and drop Sully to her right. In the enemy phase, the bottom Merc will get himself insta-gibbed by the Silver Lance, the other will attack Fred from above and be left with 1 HP and the Fighter will be left with either 4 or 9 HP.

Turn 3: Pair Chrom to Robin. Move Robin below Sully, equip the Bronze Sword, then transfer Chrom to Sully. Move Fred below Lissa. Transfer Virion to Lissa. Pair Fred to Robin. Move Lissa 1 tile left, 2 tiles up, then 1 tile left. Drop Virion above her. Move Sully 2 tiles left, then 3 tiles up. Drop Chrom above her. In the enemy phase: The Merc should get killed by Robin (Fred has his lance for backup in case she misses). The three Fighters should move toward Robin. The Archer should move up to that Lissa is just out of his range. Depending on what the Boss does, go, one of the following strategies will be followed:

If Boss goes north:

Turn 4: Move Robin below Sully and transfer Fred to her, then pair up with Lissa. Move Lissa 2 tiles left, 1 tile up, then 2 tiles left. Switch to Robin, equip Thunder and use a Vulnerary. Move Virion to Robin’s right, transfer Lissa to him, then drop Lissa above him. Unequip Sully. Move Sully above Robin, switch, transfer Sully to Robin. Have Fred use an Elixir (maybe substitute a Vulnerary if the Mercs and Fighter were wimpy enough; as well as the Boss and Archer being wimpy). Move Chrom 1 tile down and unequip him. In the enemy phase, the fighters should all zerg toward Chrom, with the archer ho-humming in the middle of the forest, and the boss should exchange blows with Robin.

Turn 5: Pair Virion to Fred. Move Fred above the Boss and hit him. Pair Chrom to Lissa. Move Lissa above Robin and heal her. Move Robin into the Woods left of Fred and finish off the boss. In the enemy phase, Lissa will get shot (but not doubled, thanks to Chrom). Fighters will continue to zerg.

Turn 5 Back-Up Plan (if Robin whiffs, the enemies get out of formation, such that Lissa can’t safely heal Robin, pair Virion to Fred and Chrom to Lissa as usual. Move Robin all the way to the left and use a Vulnerary. Move Lissa above Robin, transfer Chrom for Sully. Swap to Sully and make sure she’s unequipped if the Boss doesn’t have Hawkeye. Move Fred right below Robin. This should allow Sully to soak a hit on the Enemy Phase, yet be able to disengage with everyone else on Turn 6. Improvise a little and have kite the Boss down.

Turn 6: Move Fred 1 tile up, then 5 tiles left. Switch to Virion. Move Lissa to the right of Fred. Switch, then transfer, then switch, such that the pair now in range of the Archer is Fred/Chrom. Move Robin straight down as far as she can and drop Sully below her. If she pairs onto Sully next turn, she can get a ton of mobility. In the enemy phase, the Archer should shoot Fred, and the Fighters should zerg again.

If boss goes south:

Turn 4: Equip Robin with Thunder, then go below Sully and transfer Fred to her, then pair to Lissa. Move Lissa four tiles left. Take an assessment of Robin and see if she can take a hit from the Archer. If so, switch to Robin to equip Thunder, then switch back and drop Robin below Lissa. Otherwise, drop Lissa below Robin. Move Sully 1 tile down, 4 tiles left, then 1 tile down. Switch to Fred, transfer Sully to Robin/Lissa (whoever was dropped). Use an Elixir with Fred (it’s possible to substitute a Vulnerary or nothing at all if the Mercs and Fighter were wimpy enough; just make sure Fred has 9 HP). Move Virion above Lissa. Move Chrom 1 tile down and unequip him. In the enemy phase, the archer will attack Robin, and a Fighter will attack Chrom.

Turn 5: Move Fred below Robin/Lissa (whoever was dropped), transfer Sully back to him and attack the Archer. Move Robin to the left edge of the second row from the top of the Boss’s attack range. If Lissa’s healing won’t bring Robin back to full HP, use a Vulnerary. Move Lissa left of Robin and heal. Pair Chrom to Virion. Move Virion above Robin. Switch and transfer Virion to Robin. In the enemy phase, the boss moves to attack Robin.

Turn 6: The Boss should be on a Plains tile. Move Fred beside the boss and attack. Just make sure it’s out of range of the Fighters (most of the time, it’s the tiles to the Boss’s left and below him that are safe). Move Robin to finish off the Boss with either the Bronze Sword or Thunder. Move Chrom as far down as he can. In the enemy phase, the fighters will zerg.

The rest of the turns:

Set Robin/Chrom up to fight at least two more battles together. Fred has already fought three battles with Virion. If the boss moved south before Turn 4, try to get a fourth by having Virion take a potshot with Fred unequipped to get C support after the chapter. Use the diagonal formation with Fred and Sully to allow Robin to take a fight, then escape getting cornered via the transfer-pair combo.

Heal with Lissa, if necessary, using Virion, Sully or Fred as a paired escape point. If both are fleeing together, leapfrog to essentially gain an extra point of movement. Unpaired Virion placed near the fringe of enemy ranges can bait them away from Robin, if needed.

If the Boss moved north, try to kite so that the Archer ends up in front of the Fighters. This should make it so Robin can duel him and since he’s out front with the most range, the Archer will be the only one to end up engaged.

Once there are only 1-2 Fighters left, if healing charges are at 10 or less, try to conserve them and any remaining items for chapter 2 by kiting to allow Robin a turn or two sitting on the Fort to heal. Sometimes Sully or Fred near the border of their attack range will provoke them. Also try to reserve at least 6 Thunder charges by engaging with the Bronze Sword when able.

This strategy might have some holes that would require improvising, but there should be a decent chance of passing this chapter with a low chance of messups.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

So, I pass Chapter 1 due to good luck balancing out my stupidity and n00bishness. This is how it went:

Turn 1: I move Fred to Robin, give Chrom back his swords, and pair Fred with Robin. Then, I move Robin to the south Fort. I trade Fred the Bronze Sword and 2 Vulnerary, switch to Fred, and attack with the Bronze Sword to kill the Fighter. I get a conversation boost from the bottom glitter. Next, I equip Chrom with the Rapier then move to the right of Fred. I trade back the Bronze Sword, then transfer Robin. After switching to Robin, I move Lissa 3 tiles down to end the phase. 

Turn 2: I move Virion over to Fred, trade him the Elixir, unequip his bow, then pair onto Fred. I move Fred two tiles right and move Robin 3 tiles right and 1 tile up. After getting the Bronze Sword back from Chrom, I drop Chrom below her. I pair Sully to Lissa, and move Lissa to 1 tile above the Woods and drop Sully to her right. In the enemy phase, the bottom Merc got himself insta-gibbed by the Silver Lance, the other was left with 1 HP and the Fighter was left with 9 HP. All of the attacks against Fred amazingly missed.

Turn 3: I pair Chrom to Robin, then move Robin below Sully, equip the Bronze Sword, then transfer Chrom to Sully. Then, I move Fred below Lissa, transfer Virion to her, and pair Fred to Robin. Next, I move Lissa 1 tile left, 2 tiles up, then 1 tile left, and drop Virion above her. After, I move Sully 2 tiles left, then 3 tiles up, and drop Chrom above her. In the enemy phase, the Merc got killed by Robin, the Boss went north, and the remaining units moved as planned.

Turn 4: I move Robin below Sully and transfer Fred to her, then pair up with Lissa. Next, I move Lissa 2 tiles left, 1 tile up, then 2 tiles left. Then, I switch to Robin, equip Thunder and use a Vulnerary. After, I move Virion to Robin’s right, transfer Lissa to him, then drop Lissa above him. After unequipping Sully, I move her above Robin, switch, and transfer Sully to Robin. With Fred not needing anything for healing, I move Chrom 1 tile down and unequip him. In the enemy phase, the fighters all zerg toward Chrom, who takes 13 damage from a blow from it, and the boss exchanges blows with Robin, with both attacks connecting.

Turn 5: I pair Virion to Fred, move Fred above the Boss, and manage to hit him, with Virion preventing the Boss damaging him. Next, I pair Chrom to Lissa, and move Lissa above Robin and heal her. Then, I move Robin into the Woods left of Fred and thankfully finish off the boss. In the enemy phase, Lissa does not get shot since the archer is out of range since the enemies moved out of formation.

Turn 6: I move Fred 1 tile up, then 5 tiles left, and switch to Virion. Then I move Lissa to the right of Fred, switch, then transfer, then switch, such that the right pair is now Fred/Chrom. Finally, I move Robin 4 spaces down as far and 1 space left and drop Sully below her. In the enemy phase, the Archer and Fighters again zerg.

Turn 7: I move Robin left 3 squares, and have Fred move left to her and transfer Chrom to Robin. Then I have Sully pair up with Fred, and Virion move one square north of Fred. In the enemy phase, Robin manages to take out the Axe wielding Fighter without too many issues, and the hammer wielding Fighter thankfully misses Fred.

Turn 8: I move Robin 4 squares south and 1 square right and switch to Chrom. I move Lissa all the way down and separate Virion to the right, and move Fred all the way to the right. The Archer only deals 1 damage on the enemy phase.

Turn 9: I have Lissa heal Chrom, Virion take out the axe wielding Fighter, and Robin take out the hammer wielding Fighter. I then have Fred go to the sparkle area, where he gets 14 EXP. the down as well.

Turns 10-12: I have Fred move south and west, Robin move east, and Lissa heal Robin. After the Archer fails to deal damage to Fred, I have Robin finish the archer off with the Bronze Sword in the next two turns, while Lissa heals Fred during the process.

After the chapter, I get C supports between Robin and Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa; as well as one for Frederick and Virion.

In conclusion, I nearly botch up the run due to poor understanding of the game’s mechanics, and consider myself lucky for the close shave. Hopefully, a lot of these errors will be fixed as I carry out Chapter 2.

Below is my planned strategy for Chapter 2:

Turn 1: Pair Virion to Robin. Move 2 tiles below the Merc, swap to Virion and shoot the Merc. Move Fred to the left of the Merc and kill him. Move Lissa 1 tile down, 1 tile left of Virion and wait. Move Chrom left of Virion, take Robin, then switch to her. Trade the Bronze Sword to the top of Chrom’s inventory and attack the Barb. Pair Vaike to Stahl. Move Stahl above Robin and finish off the Barb. Move Sully to Stahl’s right and take Vaike. On the enemy phase, a Soldier attacks Fred and a Soldier attacks Sully. 

Turn 2: Pair Miriel onto Lissa, move them south of Sully, Switch, trade the Iron Axe to Vaike, and attack the Soldier with Fire. Switch Vaike to the front of his Pair and kill the Soldier. Move the Robin/Chrom Pair to the far west of the wounded Soldier above them, Switch, unequip Chrom's weapon, Switch again, attack with Thunder (needs to be a kill). Pair Virion onto Fred, move southwest onto the Mountain, heal with the Elixir. Move Stahl to the west of Robin/Chrom, trade with Robin, put the Bronze Sword at the top of her inventory. Move Sully to safety. On the enemy phase, one fresh Barbarian will attack Robin and get wounded, while at least one Mercenary will attack Frederick.

Turn 3: Move Frederick/Virion two squares to the west and use an Elixir (if needed). Move Vaike/Sully one square east onto the Mountain, and analyze the situation. If Fred is only facing a couple of Barbarians, consider leaving a Sword at the top of his inventory. If there's a Soldier in range, consider giving Fred the Iron Axe. In either case, take the Elixir from Fred, and drop Sully to the south. Pair Stahl with Sully. Switch Miriel/Lissa, heal Sully. Move Robin/Chrom to the left of Vaike, and take the Elixir and heal if necessary. She should only face a single Barbarian, the one she injured last Turn. During this next Enemy Phase, Robin will kill a Barbarian, and Sully will kill the Mercenary.

Turns 4+: After you finish off the rest of the enemies on the bottom, take the time to heal everyone to full. Send Stahl, Vaike, and Virion into the lower-left corner. Send Chrom/Frederick to the east, just under the right-most Water tile. Send Robin, Lissa, Sully, and Miriel to the west, near the enemy Soldier.

Once there, walk team Robin onto the Water tile southwest of the left-hand Soldier, and attack him with Thunder or Fire. Walk Chrom/Frederick walk one square north, and drop Frederick onto the Plain with a Silver Lance equipped. On the enemy phase, Fred will counter the right-hand Mercenary, and the left-hand Mercenary (or Soldier, potentially) will move north of Robin and attack. Every other unit will make its way towards Frederick.

Move Robin one square west, and attack the unit that hit her last Turn. Heal Robin with Lissa if necessary. Pair Frederick on Chrom, move one square south, off the Water onto a Plain.

The boss should keep attacking Robin across the Water, so keep drawing him to the west, countering with tomes, and healing with Lissa, while everyone else gathers together in a large group to go after Chrom/Frederick. Keep Frederick on top of Chrom and stay adjacent to the Water tile on the right, you can keep crossing back and forth and making the normal enemies reverse direction to chase you. Keep doing this, peeling them off one by one for Robin to kill, until everyone is dead. Keep Robin's inventory relatively clear to conserve Iron Lance or the Iron Sword.

Anyway, there is a good chance something goes wrong, and if a character dies, I will certainly consider restarting the run outright in order to be able to get a good start.

As it turns out, I pass Chapter 2 with some tense moments. This is how it went:

Turn 1: I pair Virion to Robin, move 2 tiles below the Merc, swap to Virion and shoot the Merc. Then, I move Fred to the left of the Merc and kill him. Next, I move Lissa 1 tile down, 1 tile left of Virion and wait. After, I move Chrom left of Virion, take Robin, then switch to her. I trade the Bronze Sword to the top of Chrom’s inventory and attack the Barb. Thanks to getting a critical hit (while the second attack missed) and a dual strike from Chrom, the Barb gets killed. Next, I pair Vaike to Stahl, and move Stahl above Robin. Finally, I move Sully to Stahl’s right and take Vaike. On the enemy phase, a Soldier attacks Fred and a Soldier attacks Sully, who I forgot to reequip due to my stupidity.

Turn 2: I pair Miriel onto Lissa. Then, I move the Robin/Chrom Pair to the northwest of the wounded Soldier above them, switch, unequip Chrom's weapon, switch again, and attack with Thunder. Next, I pair Virion onto Fred, move southwest onto the Mountain, and heal with a Vulnerary. Then, I move Stahl to the west of Robin/Chrom, trade with Robin, and put the Bronze Sword at the top of her inventory. I move Sully to safety and equip the Lance to her, and have Lissa move west of Sully and heal her. On the enemy phase, one spear wielding risen gets killed by Fred, one Mercenary gets to 2 HP by Fred, who only takes 1 damage from the blow, and a Barbarian gets wounded to 5 HP while only dealing 1 HP to Robin.

Turn 3: I move Frederick/Virion two squares to the west. Next, I have Sullly get the Iron Axe from Miriel, and move Vaike one square north from Sully. Next, I pair Stahl with Sully, and move Robin/Chrom to the left of Fred and take the Elixir and give Fred the Vulneraries. Finally, I have Lissa heal Robin. During the next Enemy Phase, Fred took out a Barbarian and wounded a second, with Virion deflecting the second Barbraian’s attack, and Sully killed the Mercenary.

Turns 4-5: I have Lissa heal Sully, and have Sully move to the left of Vaike, give him the Iron Axe, and transfer Stahl to him. Next, I have Frederick take out the wounded Barbarian and end the turn. One Soldier attacks Robin, and the other attacks Fred. All attacks connect. On the next turn, I have Sully move out of the way and Lissa heal Robin. I then have Robin finish off the Soldier that wounded her and Fred get a Bronze Sword from Chrom to kill the last Soldier with. Finally, I have Vaike go to the glittering square which gives him 18 EXP.

Turns 6-10: I have Lissa heal Frederick, transfer Chrom to Fred and Virion to Robin, and move Sully north. I then have Robin head 1 square north of Sully, switch, and transfer Robin to Sully. I move Vaike and Virion to the lower left corner, Fred/Chrom to the east under the rightmost water tile, and Robin and Lissa to the west near the enemy Soldier.

Turn 11: I walk team Robin onto the Water tile southwest of the left-hand Soldier, and attack him with Thunder. I walk Chrom/Fred one square north, and drop Fred onto the Plain with a Silver Lance equipped. On the enemy phase, Fred counters the right-hand Mercenary after Chrom prevents damage to him, and the left-hand Mercenary moved north of Robin and attack, where both Robin and Sully both dealt damage to it.

Turns 12-13: I move Robin one square west, and finish off the Mercenary. Next, I heal Robin with Lissa. Finally, I pair Fred on Chrom and move one square south. On the enemy phase, the boss attacked Robin but missed, who counters with Thunder. I have Robin attack the Boss but miss, and have Lissa heal the damage. I again walk Chrom/Fred one square north, and drop Fred onto the Plain. On the enemy phase, Fred kills the Mercenary and gets the Iron Sword.

Turns 14-16: I again move Robin one square west, and have Lissa heal her. I also pair Fred on Chrom and move one square south, getting the Bronze Sword from Fred in the process. In the enemy phase, the boss misses and gets killed by a dual attack from Robin and Sully. I move Robin and Lissa east, and again walk Chrom/Fred one square north, and drop Fred onto the Plain. However, a Merc manages to attack Chrom in addition to the soldier attacking Fred.

Turn 17: I pair Chrom to Frederick, move Fred 4 squares north and 3 squares west, and equip the Iron Sword and use a Vulnerary to keep things stable. I move Robin and Lissa one square east. On the enemy phase, one Soldier misses Fred, and gets killed with a Dual attack from Frederick and Chrom (with the latter dealing a critical hit on it). The Barbarian manages to connect but gets wounded in the process.

Turns 18-20: I move Fred all the way to the west, and move Robin two squares south and two squares east with the Bronze Sword equipped. I then move Lissa one square south and one square east. On the enemy phase, a Mercenary gets killed by Robin, who picks up its Iron Lance. I have Robin move to the square below the bridge, and move Lissa to the left of her and heal Robin. I then have Fred move all the way to the west again to get out of enemy range. On the enemy phase, another Risen dies to Robin. I have Robin go to the glittering tile for the final turn, which gives her 10 EXP, and move Lissa out of range for the final turn. As expected, the last Soldier bites the dust and the chapter is now complete.

After the chapter, I get C supports between Chrom and Frederick and Robin and Sully. Robin is a little underleveled, however, as she is at level 12 with a Spd stat of 14.

This is how I plan to tackle Chapter 3:

Preparations: Bench Stahl.

Turn 1: Run Chrom out to Kellam, recruit and pair up with him, and walking the two of them back to safety. Then, set up the army to be just at the edge of the four starting enemies’ attack range, with Miriel/Robin, Virion/Kellam, and Fred/Vaike at the front from bottom to top; Sully, Sumia, and Lissa at the second line in the same order, and Chrom right at the bottom of the third line.

Turn 2: Move Miriel/Robin 4 squares west, and attack the Knight. Thanks to Pair-up, Miriel doubles and does a ton of damage. Then move Virion/Kellam 4 squares west, switch, transfer Virion for Robin, and attack the Soldier with a Javelin. Next, move Fred/Vaike 6 squares west and kill the Soldier with Silver Lance. Afterwards, move Sully 1 square west of Kellam, transfer Robin, switch, and finish off the Knight with a tome. Then, fly Sumia west and pair with Kellam.

Finally, move Chrom and Lissa a little to the left while staying out of range of the Archers. During the enemy phase, the closer Archer will move next to Kellam and take a shot at Miriel, bringing her to 1 HP, while the far Archer will attack someone else.

Turn 3+: Clean up the Archers, and open the door, kill the Knight, heal people, and set up a chokepoint on the north side of the corridor. Spread out the units without aggroing the guys in the north.

After killing the guys that came from the right, take care of the mob in the top either by choke-pointing them or kiting them around in a circle. Watch out for the guy with the Hammer and beware the enemy Archers. Save at least 4 Tome uses for Robin to dispatch Raimi with, and have her paired up with Chrom equipped with the Rapier. A lot of improvising will be needed for the next parts, and this is where things could go wrong. However, I think this is a strong enough start to have a good chance of ensuring everyone’s survival.

EDIT: 

Well, I screw up due to not knowing how bad the ranges are how Chapter 3 went:

Turns 1: I run Chrom out to Kellam, recruit and pair up with him, and walk the two of them back to safety. Then, I set up the army to be just at the edge of the four starting enemies’ attack range, with Miriel/Robin, Virion/Kellam, and Fred/Vaike at the front from bottom to top; Sully, Sumia, and Lissa at the second line in the same order, and Chrom right at the bottom of the third line.

Turn 2: I move Miriel/Robin 4 squares west, and attack the Knight for 20 damage. Robin tried to dual attack, but fails. Then I move Virion/Kellam 5 squares west, switch, transfer Virion for Robin, and attack the Soldier with a Javelin, with Robin connecting with a dual attack for 10 additional damage. Next, I move Fred/Vaike 6 squares west and kill the Soldier with the Silver Lance. Afterwards, I move Sully 1 square west of Kellam, transfer Robin, switch, and finish off the Knight with a tome. Then, I fly Sumia west and pair with Kellam. Finally, I move Chrom and Lissa a little to the left just outside the range of the Archers. During the enemy phase, the closer Archer move next to Kellam and take a shot at Miriel, bringing her to 1 HP, while the far Archer attacked Kellam, who manages to damage him for 14 thanks to a Dual attack with Sumia.

Turns 3-4: I have Robin kill an Archer with a Bronze Sword, and Fred and Chrom kill the other using the Iron Sword and Falchion respectively. Then I have Lissa heal Miriel, and Muriel exchange tomes with Robin before switching. I then move Kellam north and end the turn. I have Lissa heal Kellam, split up Kellam and Sumia, move Chrom to the north area, and have Robin go below with a Fire Tome equipped. I also split up Frederick and Vaike before ending the turn.

Turn 5: I pair up Lissa with Chrom, transfer Chrom to Robin and Sully to Lissa, and heal Robin. I pair up Vaike with Fred, and have Fred take out the sounded soldier with the Silver Lance. Then, I have Robin kill the Archer with Fire. Afterwards, I have Virion move the right of Kellam, and exchange Miriel with Kellam. On the enemy phase, the Feroxi Knight fails to deal damage thanks to Chrom, and instead gets hit for 24 damage, while a Soldier gets heavily wounded by Frederick.

Turns 6-11: I have Robin finish off the Feroxi Knight with Fire and Frederick wound the unhurt Mercenary. Next, I have Sumia move to the south of Chrom, who manages to eliminate the wounded Mercenary with the Falchion. Finally, I have Kellam take out the last soldier using the Iron Lance. Finally, I have Lissa heal Frederick and end the turn. The next turn, I have Lissa get the heal Staff from Robin, Chrom move below Robin, switch, and transfer Chrom to Robin again. The next turns are spent having Frederick check out the sparkle tile (which gives him 11 EXP), and getting everyone in position, with Sumia having one of the keys.

Turns 12-13: I have Sumia open the left door, and have Robin/Chrom damage the Knight with Fire, and everyone else gum up the rest of the passage, with Fred getting the Javelin from Kellam in the process. The Knight dies in the Enemy phase by Robin. I move Frederick outside the enemy range, and Robin to the Mercenary’s range. During the enemy phase, Robin manages to severely wound the Mercenary.

Turn 14: Not knowing how far the range that one the soldiers had, I have Lissa move north and heal Robin. Lissa promptly gets killed by the Mercenary, compelling me to declare run a dead one and for me to go back to the beginning of the story.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

• 2 weeks later...

So, I manage to set up another Lunatic run with the same settings, and finish the Premonition, Prologue, and Chapter 1 chapters after four abortive runs. Two failures were in the prologue, with one where I messed up the rope-a-dope while trying to lure in the melee units, and another run where I accidentally targeted the mage by mistake. Two of these failed runs were in Chapter 1, one where I forgot to equip Robin with Thunder in Turn 4 of Chapter 1, and another where the boss makes some unexpected movements after going south, causing me to get Lissa killed again. Below is how the run went:

On turn 1 of the Prologue, Robin got the extra EXP from attacking the Myrm. Before beginning the rope-a-dope, I check out the bottom sparkly tile with Robin, and get 24 EXP. The second sparkly tile gave Robin 26 more EXP, and I manage to take out the boss without too many issues. Completing the Prologue took 74 turns. Robin manages to get to level 8, and has 12 Spd with 8 Mag.

In Chapter 1, I have Fred use Robin’s Bronze Sword to take out the Fighter. The sparkly tile on the south Fort gives Fred 14 EXP. The boss went north on turn 3, and I have Fred use a Vulnerary on turn 4 to heal himself from the damage that he took on turn 2. On turn 6, I have Robin lure the Archer after pairing her with Chrom with Sully’s help. Both of Robin’s Thunders connect after the Archer hits Robin. Turn 7 has me use Lissa to heal Robin and position Robin/Chrom to damage the Fighter using her Bronze Sword. On turn 10, Fred takes out the two Iron Axe wielding Fighters using the Silver Lance. Turn 11 sees me having Sully head towards the sparkle tile, while Lissa heals Fred. I then have Robin/Chrom move to the edge of the Hammer Wielding Fighter, where the Fighter gets hit for 30 damage from Robin’s Bronze Sword and Chrom’s Falchion. Sully gets extra weapon proficiency from the sparkly tile on Turn 12, while Robin dispatches the Hammer wielding fighter with her Bronze Sword to complete the chapter.

After chapter 1, I get C supports between Robin and Chrom and Frederick; as well as one for Frederick and Virion. Anyway, here’s hoping that Chapters 2 and 3 go smoothly this time around.

EDIT: Aaand the run is dead on the first turn of Chapter 2, as Robin misses both times against the Barb with no dual strike from Chrom, forcing me to  start over with a fresh run.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

• 2 weeks later...

After that disappointment, I manage to get another run going after 5 failed attempts, two in the prologue where I accidentally have Chrom wait before Fred is paired to him, and when the Mage managed to get a critical hit on Robin during the Rope-a-dope, one in Chapter 1 where Robin only had 6 Mag to start out with as well as some erratic movements by the enemy, and two in chapter 2 where both Virion *and* Fred miss the left Merc on one scenario, and another where Fred gets surrounded by the river enemies before Robin can draw them away.

On turn 1 of the Prologue, Robin hits the Myrm and gets the extra EXP. Before beginning the rope-a-dope, I check out the bottom sparkly tile with Robin, and get a Reeking Box. The second sparkly tile gave Robin 24 EXP, and I manage to take out the boss without too many issues. Completing the Prologue took 70 turns. Robin manages to get to level 7, and has 11 Spd with 9 Mag.

In Chapter 1, I have Fred use Robin’s Bronze Sword to take out the Fighter. The sparkly tile on the south Fort gives Fred 11 EXP. The boss went north on turn 3, and I have Fred use a Vulnerary on turn 4 to heal himself from the damage that he took on turn 2. The archer moved differently on turn 3, so I have Chrom stay where he is to take a shot from the Archer the enemy phase. On turn 5, I finish off the boss with Fred and Robin/Sully and use Lissa to transfer Chrom to Robin and heal Robin. One of the Fighters gets killed thanks to a Chrom dual strike as well as Robin hitting him twice with Thunder, while the Archer lands 1 HP damage to Fred. On turn 6, I move Fred and Virion west and separate them, have Robin move to the edge of the Archer’s attack range, have Lissa move west of Robin, then heal Robin. The enemy phase sees the archer getting a hit on Robin, while she also manages to connect with it. On turn 7, I have Robin to the edge of the Archer’s range again, Fred and Virion move south, and Lissa heal Robin again from the south. Turn 8 has Robin move south out of the remaining two Fighters’ range, and Lissa healing Robin again from the south, and Fred and Virion moving right. Turn 9 sees me move Robin and Lissa again to get her one more heal, and Fred and Virion moving south to draw the fighters south. With one of the fighters suiciding themselves on Robin, I have Robin move south to just outside the range of the last fighter, and Lissa heal her one more time for turn 10. On turn 11, I have Virion visit the sparkly tile to get Katarina’s Bolt, Fred pick up Robin’s Bronze Sword, and Robin/Lissa deal the final blow with Thunder.  

After chapter 1, I get C supports between Robin and Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick; as well as one for Frederick and Virion. Robin is at 10 Mag and 11 Spd, which gives her an okay chance of clearing Chapter 2.

On Chapter 2’s Turn 1, I have Virion give Katarina’s Bolt to Robin before shooting the Merc, which connects. Fred kills the Merc, and I decide to have Robin use Katarina’s Bolt against the Barb. One of the two attacks missed, but a Dual Strike from Chrom allowed a total of 26 damage to be dealt to the Barb, who thankfully goes down to Stahl’s attack. Turn 2 sees Robin managing to take out the Soldier, and another Soldier suiciding himself on Fred during the enemy phase. On turn 3, I use Vaike to put the Bronze Sword at the top of Fred’s inventory. A Barb suicides himself on Robin and Sully kills the Merc during the enemy phase. On turns 4 and 5, I wipe out the rest of the enemies without too many problems. The lower sparkly tile gave Robin Finn’s Lance, and I have Robin drop the Bronze Sword for it. I end up giving Finn’s Lance to Sully as I position everyone to their places in the river. Dealing with the second wave was a little tense, since I accidentally put Stahl in range of one enemy, but I manage to deal with every single enemy, and get to the upper sparkly tile, which gives Chrom 15 EXP.

At the conclusion of Chapter 2, I get C supports between Chrom and Frederick, and Robin and Sully.

Chapter 3’s strategy goes like this, after benching Stahl:

Turns 1-2: I run Chrom out to Kellam, recruit and pair up with him, and walk the two of them back to safety. Then, I set up the army to be just at the edge of the four starting enemies’ attack range, with Miriel/Robin, Virion/Kellam, and Fred/Vaike at the front from bottom to top; Sully, Sumia, and Chrom at the second line in the same order, and Lissa at the middle of the third line. I move Miriel/Robin 4 squares west, and kill the Knight thanks to a Dual Strike from Robin’s Katarina’s Bolt. Then I move Virion/Kellam 5 squares west, switch, transfer Virion for Robin, and attack the Soldier with a Javelin, with Robin again Dual Striking the Soldier for 22 additional damage. Next, I move Fred/Vaike 6 squares west and kill the Soldier with the Silver Lance. Afterwards, I move Sully 1 square west of Kellam, transfer Robin, switch, and equip her with Thunder. Because I forgot to pass the turn to give Sumia, Chrom, and Lissa the moves needed to go to the group, I suffer a tense moment during the enemy phase, where the closer Archer move next to Kellam and take a shot at Miriel, bringing her to 1 HP, while the far Archer attacked Robin, who manages to damage him for a total 24 thanks to a Dual Strike from Sully.

Turns 3-4: I have Robin kill an Archer with a Bronze Sword, and Fred kill the other Archer using the Silver Lance. Then I have Lissa heal Miriel, Chrom move west, and move Kellam north. On the next turn, I have Kellam/Sumia move 1 square left from the bottom left pillar, Robin take Kellam’s old spot with Katarina’s Bolt equipped, Chrom pair up with Lissa, Lissa transfer Chrom to Robin, Sully take the Door Key from Robin, and have Lissa heal Robin again. After having Miriel move and switching to Virion, I end the turn. The enemy phase sees a Soldier suiciding himself on Fred and the Archer suiciding himself to Robin’s Katarina’s Bolt.

Turn 5: I have Fred/Vaike attack the Mercenary, Lissa heal Robin again, Robin/Chrom take out the Knight with Katarina’s Bolt, and Virion/Miriel finish off the Mercenary. The soldier attacks Robin, who manages to deal 30 damage in retaliation thanks to Chrom’s Dual Strike.

Turns 6-12: On turn 6, I have Robin finish off the Soldier with her last Thunder Tome, Lissa heal Robin and take the Heal Staff that Robin got from taking out the Mercenary, Virion switch to Miriel and give Robin the Fire tome. The next turns are spent healing everybody, giving Sumia the other door key, giving Fred Kellam’s Javelin, checking out the bottom sparkle tile with Robin, which gives her more support points with Chrom, and getting everyone in position behind the left door.

Turns 13-14: I have Sully open the left door, and have Robin/Chrom damage the Knight with Fire, and everyone else gum up the rest of the passage. The Knight dies in the Enemy phase by Robin. After having Lissa heal Robin as usual, I move Fred outside of the enemy range.

Turn 15: I have Robin move to the Mercenary’s range and end the turn. The Mercenary fails to deal damage thanks to Chrom, and Robin severely wounds the Mercenary in response. I move Robin all the way south, and have Fred move one square north of Robin with a Javelin equipped. The enemy wounds Fred to 17 HP, who manages to wound the archer and Mercenary in return.

Turns 16-21: I have everyone retreat further to the right except for Fred and Robin/Chrom. I put Fred right in the range of the Mercenary, and Robin just to the right of Fred so that she is within range of the archer but not the Mercenary. As expected, the Mercenary suicides himself on Fred, while the Archer kills himself against Robin, although both enemies manage to connect with their blows. I have Robin move just within range of the fighter, who misses and gets killed by Robin’s Fire Tome. Next, I have Robin attack the Hammer-wielding Fighter, who dies without a hassle, and have Fred give back the Iron Lance to Kellam. The second Archer goes down to Robin’s Fire.

Turns 22-25: I equip Chrom with the Falchion and Robin with a Bronze Sword in order to save a bit on Fire charges and Rapier charges, and have Lissa heal her from the right. On the next turn, I have Kellam give back the Javelin to Fred and pair up with him, Fred whack the Mercenary that Robin wounded during the previous Enemy Phase with the Javelin, Robin finish off the Mercenary with the Bronze Sword, and Lissa heal Robin. I next position Robin to attack the Knight with Fire after having Lissa heal her and Fred.

Turns 26-33: I give Fred the Hammer, and check out the top sparkle tile, which gives Robin an Imposing Axe, and head off to face Raimi, who goes down to Robin’s Fire attacks in two rounds.

Robin is now at level 16 with 13 Spd. I get a B support between Robin and Chrom before finishing my report.

This is how I plan to beat Chapter 4:

Preparations: Buy Flux, Wind, and Thunder. Equip Robin with Thunder, and store the Fire, Flux and Wind in the Convoy. Take Sully, Fred, Lissa, and Virion as the units for this battle. Make sure that Fred has an Iron Sword, Javelin, and Hammer in his inventory.

Turn 1: Equip Fred with the Iron Sword, pair him with Robin, and have Robin approach the Fighter on the west and attack the Fighter with Thunder. Move everyone else to the right and out of enemy range.

Turn 2: Heal Robin with Lissa if necessary. Get Virion next to Robin, transfer Fred to Virion, and switch to Fred, where Fred can play backup damage or peel off enemies to lessen incoming damage on Robin. Then have Robin pair with Chrom, move Chrom to the second Fighter and switch to Robin to attack the second Fighter with Thunder. 

Turn 3+: Have Robin/Chrom and Fred/Virion deal damage to the Knights and Fighters on the enemy phases, and Lissa heal if necessary. When it comes time to deal with Marth, Fred/Virion should help with a Javelin to try to get her in a healing loop if necessary.

Here is hoping that Chapter 4 does not present any problems here.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, Shadow Mir said:

I must wonder... why Lunatic? Because I'd honestly say it's generally poorly designed.

Basically, it is a self-imposed challenge that comes from my special affinity for roguelikes and a desire to unlock Lunatic Plus on Classic so that I have every difficulty and setting possible in case I want to try a specific configuration in the future.

Alright, so Chapter 4 was rather straightforward, to my relief.

Turn 1: After equipping Fred with the Iron Sword, I pair Robin with him, have him approach the Fighter on the west, switch to Robin and attack the Fighter with Katarina’s Bolt, since I find out that Robin’s speed isn’t enough to double the Fighter. The attack connects, but Fred does not doe a Dual Strike. I move everyone else to the right and out of enemy range. On the enemy phase, the Fighter lands a blow on Robin before getting killed, but the Mage thankfully does not and instead dies to a critical Katarina’s Bolt.

Turn 2: I heal Robin with Lissa, get Virion next to Robin, transfer Fred to Virion, and switch to Fred. Then I have Robin pair with Chrom, move Chrom to the second Fighter, switch to Robin, store the spare Thunder I got from the Mage, and to attack the second Fighter with Thunder, who she can thankfully double and ends up killing. Sully goes to the bottom sparkly tile and gets a 19 EXP. On the enemy phase, the Mag goes down to a critical Dual Strike from Chrom’s Rapier after hitting Robin.

Turns 3-7: I have Robin/Chrom and Fred/Virion deal damage to the Knights and Fighters on the enemy phases, and Lissa heal damage from Robin, who uses a Vulnerary at one point in time. I have Fred/Virion go to the top Sparkly tile, which give him Aversa’s Night. When it comes time to deal with Marth, I have Marth take damage from a Katarina’s Bolt’s attack, which turned out to be a critical hit and enough to take her out in one go.

An Anna Shop opens on the Northroad after completing the Chapter, so I buy a Master Seal by mistake thinking it was a Second Seal, get a B support between Frederick and Robin, and check out the Barracks. From the Barracks, I get extra support points between Lissa and Stahl, Vaike and Miriel, Sully and Frederick, Robin and Stahl, Sully and Lon’qu, 12 EXP for Virion, Innes’ Bow, Log, and Dying Blaze. I sell the Log and Reeking Box, check Robin’s stats, where she is now is at 15 Mag, and close the game.

Paralogue 1 Strategy:

Since the store that sells the tonics are currently blocked by Risen, this has a higher than normal chance of going wrong.

Setup: Deploy Robin, Sully, Lissa, Fred, Virion, Stahl, and Sumia. Equip Chrom with an Iron Sword, Robin with Dying Blaze, and Fred with a Javelin.

Turn 1: Clear out the starting zone. Frederick should OHKO the nearby thief with a Virion pairing and a Silver Lance. Robin/Chrom should take out the nearby Barbarian with Katarina’s Bolt or Dying Blaze. Donnel should pair with Stahl and Sully pair with Sumia. Then the pairs should be moved out of the way. Have Lissa heal any wounded units on Turn 2.

Turn 2: Have Robin/Chrom take out the Barbarian with Katarina’s Bolt, and move everyone else out of range while Robin hopefully eliminates another Barb.

Rest of first wave: There should be plenty of running room to the north to kite the Archers and Barbs backwards, especially since the further enemies will be slowed down by the forests. Set up a choke pretty easily, possibly one that blocks the northern wall entrance on a forest. Use Fred mostly to weaken things for Chrom to kill, and for one-shotting Thieves.

Second wave: Bait archers and other 2-range enemies to with Robin through the walls. It's easy to make this safe because of Lissa. Start with the archers in the boss room by drawing them from the right or the bottom.

Taking out the Killer Lance thief and recruiting Donnel is a low priority. For recruiting Donnel, trapping the armory Archer and having Donnel poke solo with unequipped Fred next to him to get him the necessary EXP to recruit him is the strategy that I will follow. The Rescue staff is the real treasure here. Carefully head towards the final room, picking off stragglers wherever possible, and finish with the boss, preferably with Chrom.

While I am hoping for the best here, my stupid mistake when purchasing needed items is probably going to result in the chapter being a disaster.

As I expected, Paralogue 1  ends in a disaster in the Enemy phase of turn 1 due to the Archer and Barb both landing blows on Robin. I hereby call the run dead and resolve to get a fresh run through the first 4 Chapters by not making the same purchasing mistakes.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

After that disappointment, I get another run going after 6 more failed attempts, with three in the prologue, each of where Fred missed his counterattack against the Barb in turn 1, where Robin misses the Barb in turn 2 without a Dual Strike from Chrom, and the Mage got a critical hit against Robin during the rope-a-dope, two in Chapter 1 where I miscalculate Chrom’s position in turn 4 and have him take lethal damage from an archer and a fighter and where the Merc deals a critical hit on Robin on the enemy phase of Turn 2, and one in Chapter 3 where Kellam missing the Soldier on Turn 1 results in his death.

On turn 1 of the Prologue, Robin does hit the Myrm and get the extra EXP. The Barb moves north of the Merc at the end of turn 3, making the run slightly faster to complete. Before beginning the rope-a-dope, I check out the bottom sparkly tile with Robin, and get 12 EXP. The second sparkly tile gave Robin 22 more EXP, and I manage to take out the boss with no problems. Completing the Prologue took 60 turns this time. At the end of the chapter, Robin is at level 7, and has 13 Spd with 8 Mag with a C in Tomes, which makes the odds of passing Chapter 1 very good.

In Chapter 1, I have Fred use Robin’s Bronze Sword to take out the Fighter. The sparkly tile on the south Fort gives Fred improved weapons proficiency. The boss went north on turn 3, and I have Fred use a Vulnerary on turn 4 to heal himself from the damage that he took on turn 2, as usual. The fighters moved differently on turn 3, so I have Chrom stay where he is and unequip his Rapier to take a hit from an Iron Axe fighter. However, I stupidly forgot to equip Robin with Thunder, forcing me to take an alternate strategy. I pair Virion to Fred and Chrom to Lissa as usual. I equip Robin with Thunder, move all the way to the left, and use a Vulnerary. I move Lissa to Robin, transfer Chrom to Robin, and switch to Sully with nothing equipped. As predicted on the enemy phase, the boss attacks Sully. I then move Fred right below Robin. On turn 6, I have Sully and Fred move all the way left, provide Sully with Fred’s Vulnerary, and move Robin to the edge of the boss’s range to the left. On the enemy phase, Robin and the boss land blows. On turn 7, I have Fred eliminate the Archer from the south, Robin move south, and Lissa heal Robin from the south. The boss goes down to Robin’s Thunder after dealing a blow to her. On turn 8, I have Fred move right, Robin move south to the Iron Axe wielding Fighter’s range with Chroms’ Falchion and Robin’s Bronze Sword equipped, and Lissa healing Robin as always. As expected, the Fighter and Robin exchange blows. On turn 9, I have Robin move south at the edge of the Iron Axe wielding Fighter’s range, Lissa heal Robin, and Fred move to the sparkly tile, which gives him 29 EXP. On Turn 10, I have Robin damage the Hammer-wielding fighter with Thunder, and Chrom’s Dual Strike thankfully manages to finish it off. 

After chapter 1, I get C supports between Robin and Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick; as well as one for Frederick and Virion. Robin is at 9 Mag and 15 Spd, which gives her a good chance of clearing Chapter 2.

On Chapter 2’s Turn 1, I have Virion/Robin shoot the Merc, which connects. Fred thankfully kills the Merc with the Silver Lance. I trade the Bronze Sword to the top of Chrom’s inventory to maximize his odds of landing a Dual Strike, which thankfully happens and allows Stahl to kill the Barb. Everyone manages to survive the rest of the wave, although there were a couple of tense moments on Turn 3’s ending phase where Sully dodged two attacks from a Mercenary she killed and a Barbarian headed her way. The lower sparkly tile gave Robin extra weapons proficiency. Dealing with the second wave was a little tense since a Barbarian managed to break off from the group to go after Chrom/Frederick, and I have Robin use a Vulnerary to survive a Barb attack. I manage to deal with this, however, and I get to the upper sparkly tile with Robin, which gives her a Superior Bow. It takes 22 turns to complete this chapter.

At the conclusion of Chapter 2, I get a C support between Robin and Sully, and Chrom and Frederick. Robin is at level 12 with 16 Speed.

I attempt a different strategy for Chapter 3, in order to prevent another fiasco from Kellam’s miss with the Javelin. After recruiting Kellam on Turn 1 with Chrom and pulling him to safety, I transfer Kellam to Fred and give Fred the Javelin and give Robin Kellam’s Vulnerary. On turn 2, I position Fred and Robin just of the left enemy group’s range, with the latter being at the top. On turn 3, Fred/Kellam move 1 squares down and 1 square right of the Soldier and attacks with the Javelin, and Robin/Sully move two squares west. As expected during the enemy phase, the front Archer and wounded Soldier attack Robin and both die, thanks to Sully dual attacking the archer, while the Knight and rear archer trade blows with Fred. On turn 4, I have Robin eliminate the Archer with the Bronze Sword, Fred kill the knight with the Iron Sword, and Lissa heal Robin. The rest of the first wave is dealt with in an orderly fashion. The bottom sparkle tile gives Robin 18 EXP.

For the second wave, I attack the Merc on the far left with Robin/Chrom and manage to kill him with Chrom’s Dual Strike. The Archer fails to damage Robin due to Chrom’s guard, and instead gets killed by Robin’s Fire and Chrom’s Dual Strike. I deal with the rest of the second wave without too many problems, and check out the top sparkle tile with Robin, which gives her 18 EXP. Raimi goes down to Robin’s Fire attacks and Chrom’s Dual Strikes with the rapier in two rounds. Overall, it took 30 turns to complete Chapter 3 this time.

Thankfully, I found two Anna Shops, so I buy a Second Seal from one of them for 1900 gold, and head to the Longfort shop to get a Strength and Defense Tonic. However, the Risen is blocking the Northroad Shop, so I hold off on my tome purchases until I finish Chapter 4.

At this point, Robin was at level 16 with 18 Spd and 13 Mag. I get a B support between Robin and Chrom before I begin Chapter 4.

With no Thunder to buy, I begin Chapter 4 after giving Fred the Hammer, and Robin Miriel’s Thunder. The enemies were rather straightforward to deal with, and the bottom sparkly tile gives Sully 24 EXP, while the top sparkly tile gives Virion a Glass Bow. Thankully, I complete the chapter without any deaths. I check out the Barracks, which gives Sully 13 EXP and a surge of Str and Res.

I wait a day for the Risen to clear out the Northroad shop. When it does, I buy a Thunder from the Arena Ferox shop, one more Strength Tonic and two Defense Tonics from the Longfort shop, and a Wind and Flux from the Northroad shop.

So I think the plan before beginning Paralogue 1 is to reclass Robin to a Dark Mage, sell the Glass Bow, Superior Bow, and Door Key, and forge the Flux to have +2 mt and +5 hit. I make sure that Chrom has the Iron Sword and Lonqu's Killing Edge, and Fred has the Javelin as usual. Then, I use a Strength Tonic on Chrom and a Defense Tonic on Robin. Robin should survive the first Enemy Phase with this setup after taking out the Barb with the forged Flux.

Okay, folks. Before I start my preparations, I get a Glass Axe from the Barracks and keep it in the convoy. I then reclass Robin to a Dark Mage, sell the Glass Bow, Superior Bow, and Door Key, and forge the Flux to have +2 Mt and +5 Hit. Next, I make sure that Chrom has the Iron Sword and Lonqu's Killing Edge, and Fred has the Javelin, and Robin has the forged Flux. Finally, I use a Strength Tonic on Chrom and a Defense Tonic on Robin.

Turn 1: I have Frederick/Virion kill the nearby thief with a Silver Lance. Then Robin/Chrom should takes out the Barb with the forged Flux. I pair Donnel with Stahl and Sully with Sumia, then move them both out of the way. During the enemy phase, the Archer misses and gets killed by Robin, while the Barb lands a blow before dying to Robin as well.

Turn 2: I have Lissa heal Robin, and get Robin/Chrom to take out another Barb with Flux. Then I have Sumia and Stahl move north, and Fred move just out of range of the enemy. As expected, Robin takes out an Archer and two Barbs during the enemy phase. Luckily, she only took a hit from a Barb’s Short Axe.

Turns 3-4: After healing Robin, I have Robin move in range of the two Barbs, who decide to kill themselves on the enemy phase while failing to damage Robin. Miscalculating the enemy’s movements, I have Robin move in range of two Archers and three Barbs on the next turn with Thunder equipped as well as Chrom equipping the Falchion, who all die on the Enemy phase, with only one Barb managing to hit Robin.

Turns 5-7: I have Robin kill a thief on the lower sparkly tile using Thunder. The sparkly tile gives Robin extra weapons proficiency, which is rather useless. On the next turn, I have Sully check out the other sparkly tile, which gives her Katarina’s Bolt. I also have Robin and Fred block the Killer Lance Thief’s escape. In the next turn, I have Robin slaughter the Killer Lance Thief, and Fred block the armory Archer with nothing equipped. I then have Stahl move forward to meet the armory Archer.

Turns 8-14: I have Fred move one square right, Stahl move south of the Archer, switch to Donnel, and begin pummeling the Archer with Donnel. I have Robin open the other chest and get the Rescue Staff in the meantime, which I hand to Lissa.

Turns 15-18: I lure a Barb to his death with Robin with Thunder equipped, and lure an Archer in the next turn with Robin unequipping her Thunder tome. On the following turn, I have Donnel land a blow on the Archer for him to gain a level, and Robin finish off the Archer with Thunder. The other archer dies during the enemy phase.

Turns 19-20: I have Robin wait outside Roddick’s range with Chrom unequipped. During the enemy phase, Roddick gets dealt 42 damage. I then have Chrom deal the finishing blow using Falchion.

I receive an A support between Chrom and Robin, B supports between Robin and Lissa and Frederick and Virion, and a C support between Stahl and Donnel. From the Barracks, Robin gets 15 EXP, Donnel gets 19 EXP, Stahl gains 10 EXP, Chrom gains 20 EXP, Lissa gains a surge of Skill and Spd, Sumia gains a surge of Mag, Skill, Def, and Lck, Fred gains a surge of Spd, Mag, Lck, and Res, Vaike gains a surge of Spd and Def, and Sully gains a surge of Mag and Lck. I also get Kris’s Confect, a Soothing Sword, a Glass Sword, and Leif’s Blade. Robin is now a Level 6 Dark Mage with 17 Mag and 16 Def.

Below is the plan for Chapter 5, which will be an offensive plan since Robin has okay Def and have Robin stick with the group to give access to Lissa and Maribelle heals, as well as the rest of the group being able to dogpile isolated enemies.

Preparations: Sell the Killer Lance, Kellam’s Iron Lance, Glass Axe, Door Key, Soothing Sword, and Leif’s Blade. Forge the wind to have +4 Mt. Send Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sumia, Lon’qu, and Miriel. Use a Def tonic each on Robin and Fred, and a Str tonic on Chrom.

Make sure Miriel is equipped with a Thunder, Lon’qu the Killing Edge, Bronze and Iron Sword, Robin with the forged Wind, forged Flux, and Thunder, and Chrom with the Glass Sword.

Turn 1: Have Sumia disrupt upper dark mage by positioning her in the cliff three tiles north and three west from her northernmost starting position. Have Ricken weaken the North Myrm, Miriel pair with Lissa, and Lissa Rescue Ricken. Then pair Chrom with Robin with Falchion equipped, equip Robin with Thunder, and position Robin in the left Wood tile to get good Def and Avoid. Pair Vaike with Lon’qu, then move Lon’qu to the bottommost Barb’s attack range by moving to the lower-left Woods tile with the Killing Edge equipped. Then move Virion to Lon’qu’s right, and Fred above Virion, with Fred equipping a Bronze Sword.

Turn 2: Finish off the North Myrm with Virion/Fred and then Vaike taking Fred and swapping to Fred. Have Robin take out the North Barb from 1 tile north with the forged Wind, so that she can take out the North Dark Mage, the lone Barb on the left side of the middle area, and the approaching Wyv. Have Sumia be within 8 tiles of the lower-left fort.

Turn 3: The left Wyv should now be in range of Robin’s forged Wind, so Robin should take it out. Heal Robin if able, and move Sumia to the fort to body block the Barb from spawning.

Turn 4: Try to clear back to the right side to prepare against the Wyv reinforcements, killing the nearby Barb at the very least. Leave Sumia or someone else near the fort.

Turn 5: Move everyone to the far right as possible. If other enemies have been cleared away from the left side, leave Sumia at the fort to body block the Dark Mage reinforcement from appearing.

Turn 6+: Get the Wyvs on the left with Robin, and kite with the Myrms if necessary. Try to lure the right Wyv with Fred to get it down to the party’s attack range over the next two turns. Have the party team up against the Wyv and kill it while Robin eliminates the left Wyv and remaining Myrms. Be aware of the middle Barb, and have Robin go for the kill if necessary. If the lure tactic is too dangerous, get back to the left. In that scenario, Fred and Vaike will need to body block on the right to provide enough safe space, so that the party can push back right after Robin kills the Wyv. After the Wyv is eliminated through either tactic, muscle through the remaining enemies.

I anticipate a lot of problems with this strategy, so I will probably be using many bookmarks before I finish this chapter. If I am able to finish it.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

Well, Chapter 5 was extremely tense, as serious bad luck cause Lon’qu to die in Turn 1, and I had to improvise in order to have everyone else survive the ordeal. However, I succeed, and the log is below.

The Barracks give Sumia an additional surge of Str and Def before I sell the Killer Lance, Kellam’s Iron Lance, Glass Axe, Door Key, Soothing Sword, and Leif’s Blade, and forge the Wind to have +4 Mt. After using a Def tonic each on Robin and Fred, and a Str tonic on Chrom, I send Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Sumia, Lon’qu, and Miriel to the battle with Chrom.

Turn 1: I have Sumia disrupt the north dark mage by positioning her in the cliff three tiles north and three west from her northernmost starting position. Next, I have Miriel pair with Lissa, Maribelle pair with Ricken, and Ricken weaken the North Myrm from two squares east. I next pair Chrom with Robin with Falchion equipped, equip Robin with Thunder, and position Robin in the left Wood tile. I pair Vaike with Lon’qu, then move Lon’qu to the bottommost Barb’s attack range by moving to the lower-left Woods tile with the Killing Edge equipped. Then I move Virion to Lon’qu’s right, and Fred above Virion, with Fred equipping a Bronze Sword. Finally, I have Lissa Rescue Ricken. During the enemy phase, the Myrm, Dark Mage, and upper barb on the left kill themselves on Robin without dealing any damage. The other barb on the left, however, not only managed to hit Lon’qu through a 17% change, but also landed a 7% critical hit chance due to the Barb having Gamble. Lonq’u death from the ~2% chance of this occurance put me in a pissed-off mode for the game. The north dark mage misses Sumia, and the North barb fails to hit Fred and instead takes 21 damage from Fred.

Turn 2: I finish off the bottom Barb with Virion, Fred with the Silver Lance, and then Vaike. taking Fred and swapping to Fred. I then have Ricken transfer Maribelle to Virion and attack the Northern Myrm, Next, I have Miriel attack the Northern Myrm, which thankfully connects and is enough to finish it off. I then have Robin take out the North Barb from 1 tile north of him with the forged Wind. Finally, I have Sumia move to the right of the lower-left fort. The lone Barb on the left side of the middle area, and the approaching Wyv get killed by Robin during the enemy phase, with only the Wyv dealing a blow to Robin.

Turn 3: I have Robin kill the Wyv with the Forged Wind, and heal Robin with Lissa afterwards. I move Maribelle out of the way, pair Vaike with Ricke, and move Sumia to the fort to body block the Barb from spawning. Finally, I have Fred move west of Lissa.

Turn 4: I have Robin take out the Barb with the forged Flux, have Fred move west of Sumia, and Lissa heal fred. I next have everyone move west so that only Robin is in range of the Myrm, Dark Mage, and Mage. On the enemy phase, Myrm, Dark Mage, and Mage X

Turn 5: I have Fred Pair with Sumia, and have her south of the Myrm. I switch to Fred, and kill the Myrm with the Silver Lance and a Dual Strike from Sumia. I have Robin kill the Barb with Thunder. I have Lissa heal Robin, Ricken and Vaike move right and separate, and have Maribelle move to the fort and separate Virion on the right.

Turns 6-8: I have Robin/Chrom take out one of the left Wyvs with Robin using Thunder, and lure the right Wyv with Fred/Sumia with a Bronze Sword equipped. During the enemy phase, the two Myrms and other left Wyv die, and the right Wyv misses Fred. Robin takes out the other left Wyv in the next turn using the forged Wind and Fred to the range of the right Wyv. During the enemy phase, the Wyv again misses Fred while it takes 7 damage from the Bronze Sword. On the next turn, I have Robin eliminate the right Wyv with Thunder. Then I have Fred attack the Barb with the Javelin, and Ricken and Vaike finish it off with Elwind and the Iron Axe, respectively. Finally, I have Lissa heal Robin.

Turns 9-11: I give the Hand Axe that Robin got from the battles to Vaike, and head to the lower sparkly tile, which gives additional support between Robin and Chrom. I then have Robin lure the right Wyv with Thunder equipped while moving everyone else out of range. On the enemy phase, the right Wyv doesn’t hit Robin before dying to Thunder.

Turns 12-13: I move Robin to the fort in range of Orton and a Wyv, and get everyone else out of range below. Both Orth and the Wyv fail to deal damage before dying during the enemy phase. The next phase sees Robin staying in the fort to deal with the other two Wyvs while everyone else hangs back. As expected, the two Wyvs die without hurting Robin.

Turns 14-15: I head to the upper sparkly tile with Robin. After Robin kills the Barb, the sparkly tile gives her extra weapons proficiency that proves useless. The Myrm and Dark Mage fall to Robin in the enemy phase, which brings the chapter to a successful close.

Robin is now Level 12 with 21 Mag and 18 Def. At the Barracks, I get a Glass Sword.

Below is my plan for Chapter 6:

Sell the Bullion (M), and give Katarina’s Bolt to Robin. Give Chrom the Killing Edge and the Iron Sword.

Send Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Ricken, and Maribelle. Put Fred and Virion on the right side, and Lissa, Maribelle, Robin and Ricken on the left side.

Turn 1: Pair Chrom to Robin, and have Robin move left of the Fighter closest to Marth, and kill him with Katarina’s Bolt. Pair Virion to Fred, and move Fred down to 1 tile just below the aisle between the sets of pillars to put him two tiles into the range of the Thief and nothing else. Move unpaired Lissa into Emm’s room. Pair Ricken to Maribelle, and move to just above Robin, trade Flux to top of inventory, then heal, if needed. If Robin fails to kill the Fighter, give Ricken to Lissa instead of Maribelle. Then have Maribelle heal Robin and Lissa Rescue her away. If the Fighter is weak enough and Robin can survive the incoming Dark Mage and Thief, then pair Ricken to Maribelle, and have Ricken finish off the Fighter.

Turn 2: Move Robin two tiles right and kill the Fighter with either Thunder or Flux. This body block a Dark Mage and cause him to go after Robin instead, which will increase Marth’s survival in the enemy phase. Assuming the incoming Thief who attacked Robin is dead, have Fred draw the Fighter who is not in range of Marth away by fighting him with the Bronze Sword. Have Maribelle heal Robin from above if needed, and Lissa Rescue Maribelle to safety through the door. If Robin doesn’t need healing, have Maribelle go all the way into Emm’s room. Move Panne just inside Emm’s room, and Fred in the top right pillar.

Turn 3: Move Robin beside Gaius, swap to Chrom and recruit him. Swap back to Robin and kill the Fighter 2 tiles above her. Pair Gaius onto Panne. Get all the characters in Emm’s room outside of the Dark Mage’s range. Maybe have Fred draw a right side Cavalier away from the fight using the Silver Lance.

Turns 4+: Improvise and take out the rest of the enemies, and kill the final Thief to prevent him from opening the door. After killing all of the thieves, bottleneck the rest of the enemies to death with Robin. Fight on the pillars and keep the rest of the team up against the back wall.

The strategy sounds simple enough, so I expect everyone to survive here, unlike the previous chapter.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

On 7/22/2023 at 1:37 PM, JourneymanN00b said:

Basically, it is a self-imposed challenge that comes from my special affinity for roguelikes and a desire to unlock Lunatic Plus on Classic so that I have every difficulty and setting possible in case I want to try a specific configuration in the future.

Huh. I may not necessarily get it (mainly because imho Awakening Lunatic triples down on the mistakes of SD and New Mystery), but I can respect that. Godspeed, mate.

Anyway, how much of the DS games had you played?

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Huh. I may not necessarily get it (mainly because imho Awakening Lunatic triples down on the mistakes of SD and New Mystery), but I can respect that. Godspeed, mate.

Anyway, how much of the DS games had you played?

I managed to complete Shadow Dragon on Normal Mode, and New Mystery of the Emblem on Hard mode, if my memory is correct.

As it turns out, Chapter 6 was straightforward enough to clear. Below is how it went. 

Before I begin my preparations, I check out the Barracks, which gives Sumia 18 EXP and Ricken a surge of Mag and Lck. After some thought, I give Fred the Hand Axe as well as giving everyone else the items that I listed in the previous post.

Turn 1: I pair Chrom to Robin, have Robin move left of the Fighter closest to Marth, and kill him with Katarina’s Bolt. Next, I pair Virion to Fred, and move Fred down to 1 tile just below the aisle between the sets of pillars with the Silver Lance equipped. Then, I move unpaired Lissa into Emm’s room. Then, I pair Ricken to Maribelle, move to just above Robin, and trade Flux to top of her inventory. During the enemy phase, a Thief each dies to Robin and Fred.

Turn 2: I move Robin two tiles right and kill the Fighter with Thunder. Then, I have Fred lure the right Fighter by moving to the Pillar closest to him. I have Maribelle go all the way into Emm’s room on to the sparkle tile and separate Ricken. The sparkle tile gives Maribelle 18 EXP. I move Panne just inside Emm’s room, and Lissa to the bottom of Emm’s room. On the enemy phase, Marth kills a Fighter, while the right Fighter fails to damage Fred, who manages to deal 22 damage thanks to a Dual attack from Virion. Robin kills a Dark Mage and a Thief while only taking 3 damage in the process.

Turn 3: I move Robin beside Gaius, swap to Chrom and recruit him. Then I swap back to Robin and kill the Fighter 2 tiles above her. I pair Gaius onto Panne, have Panne go to the chest, and have Gaius loot the chest to get the Secret Book. Then, I have Fred attack the wounded Fighter with the Hand Axe. I pair Ricken with Lissa, and get Lissa and Maribelle in Emm’s room outside of the Dark Mage’s range. In the enemy phase, Robin kills two Dark Mages while taking no damage, Fred kills the wounded Fighter after taking 9 damage, and Marth survives and kills a Fighter and a Cavalier in the process.

Turns 4-6: I have Robin kill the final Thief to prevent him from opening the door. Next, I have Maribelle out of the Cavaliers’ range and move Fred all the way north. After killing all of the thieves, bottleneck the rest of the enemies to death with Robin. Fight on the pillars and keep the rest of the team up against the back wall. On the enemy phase, Marth takes out two Cavaliers before getting eliminated by the Dark Mage. Robin takes out a Dark Mage and a Cavalier. On the next turn, I have Robin move in range of a Fighter and Dark Mage, and Fred and Maribelle move just outside the attack range of the Dark Mage. As expected the Fighter and Dark Mage get killed by Robin. I have Robin kill the Dark Mage with Thunder, and Fred move towards the sparkly tile. A fighter gets killed by the last shot of Robin’s Thunder, which was a critical hit.

Turns 7-8: I have Fred go to the lower sparkly tile, which gave him extra weapon proficiency, and Robin attack Validar with Flux equipped. The attack was a critical one and enough to take Validar down in one go.

After the chapter, I get an S support between Robin and Chrom, and then check out the Barracks, which gives Robin 40 EXP.

Robin is now a Level 15 Dark Mage with 21 Mag and 19 Def, which means that she can utilize an aggressive strategy for Chapter 7. Below is the plan:

Buy 3 Mag Tonics, give the Heal Staff that Robin got from Validar to Lissa, and give Miriel’s Thunder tome to Robin. Use a Mag and Kris’s Confect on Robin, and the Secret Book on Chrom. Send just Robin with Chrom.

Turn 1: Attack the closest Barb from 1 tile up, 1 tile left with the forged Wind. This will allow engaging the closest 2 top Wyvs and the second Barb and the Archer.

Turns 2+: Improvise, moving into range of a member of the group to split up the enemy melee when convenient. Typically, pick off an enemy, tanking the others’ damage, then using a Vulnerary on the next turn.

I feel confident that this chapter can be cleared easily enough, but I will make sure to give Robin enough healing items to survive any dicey situations that she runs into.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

Well, I actually complete Chapter 7 before the reinforcements arrive. This is how it went:

Before I start the battle preparations, I check the barracks once again, which gives a Seed of Trust. 

Turn 1: I have Robin/Chrom kill the closest Barb from 1 tile up, 1 tile left with the forged Wind. During the enemy phase, the closest 2 top Wyvs, the second Barb, and the Archer all die to Robin without landing a single blow. I send the Vulnerary that Robin has to the convoy in order to make room for the concoction that she gets.

Turns 2-5: I kill the closest Wyv from the 1 tile up and 1 tile right with Thunder. A thief, an Archer, and a Barb all get killed by Robin during the enemy phase. I send the Steel Sword and Steel Bow I get from the dead group to the convoy as well. On the next turn, I have Cordelia move just out of range of the enemy attack range, and Robin kill the Thief with Thunder. On the enemy phase, the Archer, 3 Wyvs, and Barb all get killed while only dealing 5 damage to Robin. The next turn sees Robin heading to the left sparkle tile with the forged Wind equipped. The sparkly tile gives Robin Seliph’s Blade, which I send to the convoy. I then move Cordelia move all the way north. The two enemy Wyvs die while having Robin only take 8 damage from them. On the final turn, I have Robin kill Vasto with the Forged Wind before the reinforcements arrive. After sending the Steel Axe to the convoy, I finish the chapter.

Robin is now a level 19 Dark Mage with maxed out Str and Skill, 22 Mag, and 21 Def.

Below is the strategy for chapter 8:

Preparations: Sell the Bullion (M) from the previous chapter, and buy a Flux, 4 Def Tonics, and 7 Mag Tonics. Give Chrom the Seliph’s Blade, and Lissa the Mend Staff. Use a Mag Tonic on Lissa. Send Lissa, Cordelia, Fred, Robin, and Ricken. Put Robin in the lower left area, while the others can go wherever.

Turn 1: Move Robin down to attack Fighter from 1 tile right, 1 tile down to catch the Cavalier in it too. Pair Fred with Cordelia, Gregor with Nowi, and Ricken with Lissa. Move Cordelia/Fred and Lissa/Ricken into position just outside of the Dark Mages’ range. Move Nowi/Gregor to the top-left of the small safe zone near them. In the enemy phase, Robin should kill two DMs and possibly a Cav. 

Turn 2: If the Cav didn’t die, kill it with Robin. Haver Robin look for a good spot to draw in the rest of the Dark Mages. Move Nowi/Gregor up as far as possible. Move Lissa up and Rescue Nowi/Gregor.

Turns 3+: Once the Dark Mages are all dead, draw the rest of the enemies into the sands, which should allow Robin to isolate and pick off enemies 1-2 at a time. The enemy movement is so bad that an unequipped Robin can just continually body block, with Lissa hiding behind her, until she’s healed. Cordelia can attract melee up to the top-left hill. Thanks to their poor movement, there’s always a safe spot she can attack with a Javelin from. Try to get her a couple kills this way. Maybe feed 1-2 Fighters or Cavs from this first wave’s rush to Chrom. Have an unequipped Robin retrieve, then use the Master Seal. This will save the DM and Fighter for post-promotion EXP.

This is a perfectly doable chapter, and barring any major botched moves, I expect everyone to survive as well.

As expected, Chapter 8 turned out to be a breeze to finish.

Before I make my preparations, I check out the barracks, which gives Panne 16 EXP. I manage to get everything that I listed in the previous post, with the exception of getting the 4 Def Tonics, since the store that sold them was blocked by Risen.

Turn 1: I pair Chrom to Robin, and move Robin/Chrom down to attack Fighter from 1 tile right, 1 tile down with a Wind that I get from the convoy. Then, I pair Fred with Cordelia, Gregor with Nowi, and Ricken with Lissa. Next, I move Cordelia/Fred and Lissa/Ricken into position just outside of the Dark Mages’ range. Finally, I move Nowi/Gregor to the top-left of the small safe zone near them. In the enemy phase, Robin kills two Dark Mages and a Cav, and I send the Steel Lance to the Convoy.

Turn 2: I have Chrom take out the top Dark Mage with Seliph’s Blade from the bottom. Next, I have Nowi move up as far as possible and hit the Myrm with her Dragonstone. I next have Lissa Rescue Nowi and Cordelia move west. The wounded Myrm gets killed by Chrom after dealing 9 damage to him.

Turns 3-5: I have Robin take out a Dark Mage with Wind after equipping Chrom with Falchion again and getting Flux from the convoy. I then have Nowi and Lissa move away from the enemies. On the next turn, I have Cordelia move closer to the Fighter, Robin move closer to the Master Seal village and switch to Chrom, and Lissa Heal Chrom. Finally, I have Nowi move west. On the next Turn, I move two squares west, and have Robin take out a Cav with Wind. The enemy phase sees a Myrm and Cav die to Robin.

Turns 6-7: I go into the Master Seal village with an unequipped Robin and get the Master Seal. I move the unused Flux to the convoy to make room for it. I have Lissa and Nowi move south near the Master Seal Village to get away from the nearby Myrm. The Dark Mage and Fighter fail to deal damage to Robin. On the next turn, I requip her with a Wind tome, move one square right, and promote Robin to a Sorcerer using the Master Seal. I then have Nowi and Cordelia move out of the way of the enemies. A Fighter, Cav, and Dark Mage all die to Robin’s Wind in the enemy phase.

Turns 8-16: I have Cordelia head to the right Village and have Chrom face against a Myrm with the Killing Edge equipped. On the enemy phase, the Myrm dies to Chrom and Robin’s Dual attack. On the next turn, I have Cordelia get the Rescue staff from the village, and Lissa heal Chrom. I then have Robin head to the right sparkly tile, which gives her a Shockstick that I send to the convoy, after withdrawing back the Flux. Then I have Robin move just to the edge of the enemy’s range while Cordelia attempts to lure a Melee away. On the next turn, I have Chrom take out a Fighter with Seliph’s Blade, and Cordelia lure another Fighter for kiting.

Turns 17-22: I have Robin visit the last village to get the Second Seal, which I put away in the convoy. Two Dark Mages die to Robin’s Wind, and the next turn sees me killing a Fighter with Robin while having the two Myrms die to Robin. I then have Nowi go to the second sparkly tile, while gives her Hector’s Axe, and Robin attack Chalard with Wind. Chalard goes down in the enemy phase, and I send the Energy Drop into the convoy. Cordelia finishes off the last Fighter to clear the Chapter.

Robin is now a Level 2 Sorcerer with 25 Mag and 24 Def. The Barracks gives Sumia 13 EXP, Robin a surge of Lck and Def and 26 EXP, Frederick 21 EXP, and Chrom a surge of Spd and Def. I also get the 4 Def tonics after waiting a while for the Risen blocking the appropriate shop to disappear.

Next up is Paralogue 2. Here is the plan to complete it:

Preparations: Use the Energy Drop from the previous chapter on Chrom and buy 3 Wind books. Then deploy Sumia, Robin, and Cordelia. Position Cordelia and Sumia so that they can both reach the Mage across the river, as well as so that Robin can reach Cordelia and Chrom can reach Sumia.

Turn 1: Pair Robin to Cordelia. Move Cordelia 2 tiles to the left of the Mage and attack him. Pair Chrom to Sumia. Move Sumia to the right of Cordelia, swap to Chrom and transfer for Robin. Swap to Robin and kill the Mage if he is still alive.

Turn 2: Have Robin attack the Boss’s group by picking off one of the melee units. Separate Cordelia and Sumia but keep them out of range. The Boss’s team should die to Robin during the enemy phase.

Turn 3+: If Anna gets eliminated really early, the closest remaining Barb will start heading back and should be picked off ASAP. Transfer-pair Robin and Chrom to Cordelia and Sumia. Fly them up to the island in the middle of the lake. Rearrange to get Robin/Chrom into the bottom 2 tiles and hide the fliers at the top two tiles. Keep ending the turns until all the 2-range units are dead. After that, use the fliers to lure the enemies into positions near the island. Have Cordelia Javelin a few guys and get herself to level 10. Once she’s done this, have Robin use the same technique to pick off enemies across the water.

In conclusion, this is another simple plan that should not go wrong if executed correctly.

Paralogue 2 ends up being a cinch, as expected. Below is how it went:

Before I make my preparations, I check out the barracks, which gives Alm’s Blade, Aversa’s Night, Leif’s Blade, a Reeking Box, Finn’s Lance, a Superior Bow, a Catharsis, Micaiah’s Pyre, Chrom a boost in Def and Res, Nowi 14 EXP, and Vaike 27 EXP. In addition to the preparations I listed, I deposit the Rescue staff and Hector’s Axe that Cordelia and Nowi got from the last chapter, trade in Chrom’s Iron Sword with Leif’s Blade, give Cordelia the Shockstick, and give Sumia Frederick’s Javelin.

Turn 1: I pair Robin to Cordelia, move Cordelia 2 tiles to the left of the Mage, and deal 24 damage to him without the Mage hitting her. Next, I pair Chrom to Sumia, move Sumia to the right of Cordelia, swap to Chrom and transfer for Robin. I then swap to Robin and kill the Mage with Wind. During the ally phase, Anna kills a Barb.

Turn 2: I have Robin picking off the nearby Silver Axe wielding Barb. I separate Cordelia and Sumia, and keep them out of enemy range. As expected, Vincent’s team dies to Robin during the enemy phase. I put the Goddess Icon that Vincent drops in the convoy. The ally phase sees Anna killing another Barb.

Turns 3-15: I head to the island in the middle of the lake with the group while taking out a Barb with Robin along the way. I then transfer-pair Robin and Chrom to Cordelia and Sumia, and fly them up to the island in the middle of the lake. During that process, a Barb destroys the village. I then rearrange to get Robin/Chrom into the bottom 2 tiles of the island and hide the fliers at the top two tiles. I keep ending the turns until all the 2-range units are dead.

Turns 16-39: I lure a Barb to Cordelia and give Cordelia Sumia’s Javelin. I then proceed to Javelin four Barbs to death with Cordelia over the next batch of turns to get her to level 10.

Turns 40-43: I have Chrom pair with Sumia and have Sumia go to the right sparkly tile, which gives Sumia extra weapons proficiency. I then have Robin pair with Cordelia and move to Chrom’s position, where I transfer Robin to Chrom. Next, I have Sumia check out the left sparkly tile, which gives her 11 EXP. Finally, I have Sumia and Cordelia move out of range, and Robin/Chrom kill the rest of the enemies, with Chrom killing three Barbs from the group, and Cordelia attacking one of the Barbs in the process.

After completing the paralogue, I get a C support for Cordelia and Sumia and Lissa and Virion. The Barracks gives Finn’s Lance, another 2 Kris’s Confects, a Slack Bow, Titania’s Axe, a third Glass Sword, Superior Jolt, a Glass Lance, a Soothing Sword, Lissa a surge of Skill and Def, Sumia a surge of Lck and Def, and Sully a surge of Spd and Def.

The next paralogue will be hard since Lissa only has a base of 8 Mag, which makes using Rescue staves with her rather difficult when it comes to trying to save a single Villager.

Preparations: Use a Def tonic on Robin and a Mag Tonic on Lissa. Send Robin, Frederick, Lissa, Cordelia, and Sumia. Put Robin in the spot closest to the bridge, Cordelia and Sumia in spots close to the river, and bring on Frederick a Bronze Sword, Hand Axe, Silver Lance, Vulnerary, and a Concoction.

Turn 1: Move Robin south into the Pegs’ range and equip the forged Wind. Pair Frederick to Cordelia and move Cordelia south and close to Robin as possible without getting into enemy range. Pair Lissa to Sumia. Move into the forest and drop Lissa such that after the Villagers all move 2 tiles left, she can reach the topmost one.

Turn 2: Lissa heals the topmost Villager, which will divert either a Merc or an Archer in the Enemy Phase. Position Sumia 3 tiles away from Lissa, somewhere toward Robin. Move Robin down to kill the Knight. Move Cordelia into the bottom-left safe spot and swap to Frederick.

Turn 3: Move Robin to kill the closest Barb. Pair Lissa onto Sumia. Move Sumia below Robin. Rescue surviving Villager. If Frederick can safely engage the bottom-left corner Barb, go into melee with a sword equipped. Otherwise, wait or go in unequipped.

Turn 4: Robin should kill the nearest Barb. If Fred engaged the Barb, move 1 tile right and heal if necessary. If not, move to 2 tiles right of the Barb. Tank unequipped if necessary. Lissa should move all the way down and Rescue Villager into just the Archer’s range, if the Villager is not out of enemy range. She can heal him over and over and the Archer will ignore her if she can’t be one-rounded.

Turn 5+: Robin finishes off Fred’s Barb. Lissa heals the Villager until he’s in the far corner. Try to have Robin engage as many melee and 2-range as possible to thin out the crowd. If turtling, try to leave the melee Knight alive and get into the corner with unequipped Robin in front, Lissa in the back and Frederick on the Mountain (Knights will body block 2-range from targeting Lissa). Robin can then kill stuff at range with Lissa trade-convoying as necessary. Once all the 2-rangers are dead, use transfer shenanigans to get Sumia out above Fred while keeping Cordelia on him. Sumia should then head to the village to get the Blessed Bow.

Hopefully I can save one villager with this strategy.

Paralogue 3 turns out to be okay, as I manage to save a Villager and complete the chapter without any serious complications.

In addition to the preparations, I have Robin trade in the regular Flux for the forged Wind and Sumia take Finn’s Lance.

Turn 1: I pair Chrom with Robin, and move her south into the Pegs’ range with the forged Wind equipped. Then, I pair Frederick to Cordelia and move Cordelia south and one square right of Robin. Next, I pair Lissa to Sumia, move into the forest with Sumia, and drop Lissa such that after the Villagers all move 2 tiles left, she can reach the topmost one. During the enemy phase, the two Knights hit the Villagers, Robin kills the 2 Pegs without taking damage.

Turn 2: I have Lissa heal the topmost Villager with Mend, and move Robin down to kill the Knight with the regular Wind. Finally, I move Cordelia into the bottom-left safe spot and swap to Frederick. The enemy phase sees a Villager get killed by an Archer, another villager get hit by the Knight, and a Peg die to Robin.

Turn 3: I move Robin to kill the closest Barb with Wind, and pair Lissa onto Sumia. Then, I move Sumia one square east and one square south Robin, and rescue the unharmed Villager. I have Frederick wait since there was a risk of the Barb scoring a critical hit. 2 Barbs die to Robin and the wounded Villager gets killed during the enemy phase.

Turn 4: I have Robin kill the nearest Archer, and Lissa move west and switch to Sumia. I then switch Fred to Cordelia. The enemy phase sees another Archer dying to Robin,

Turns 5-6: I have Cordelia attack the Barb from his northwest with the Javelin, who deals a total of 33 damage with help of a Dual Strike from Fred. I then move Robin west of Sumia, transfer Chrom to Sumia, and then have Sumia move to Barb. I then switch to Chrom to finish off the Barb with Falchion. 2 Mercs die to Robin during the enemy phase. On the next turn, I have Chrom talk to the villager, switch to Sumia, transfer Chrom to Cordelia, and have Cordelia move to Robin to transfer Chrom back to Robin. I then switch to Lissa to heal Robin. Finally, I have Robin take out a Knight. In the enemy phase, two Knights die to Robin.

Turns 7-13: I have Sumia head to the village to get the Blessed Bow, while I have Cordelia and Lissa separate and Robin wipe out the group of 4 Barbs, a Merc and 2 Archers. I then have Sumia check out the right sparkly tile, which gives her extra weapons proficiency, and Robin look at the left sparkly tile, which gave her 19 EXP. Robin then takes out the Risen Chief in one go. I send the Elixir to the convoy and end the chapter after obtaining the Seraph Robe and Log.

After finishing the paralogue, I get C supports between Frederick and Cordelia and Maribelle, as well as one for Chrom and Sumia. The Barracks give Maribelle a surge of Mag and Res.

So now it is time to plan out chapter 9, which could still lead to complications since Lissa is still at 8 Mag. The plan to clear it looks like this:

Buy a Bronze Axe and Bronze Bow, and forge the Flux to have +3 Mt. Use Mag and Def tonics on Robin, and a Mag tonic on Lissa. Send Robin, Lissa, Ricken, Cordelia, and Sumia. Place Sumia in southwest-most starting spot, and Robin in the southeast-most starting spot.

Turn 1: Pair Chrom to Robin. Move 4 tiles down. Kill Soldier from 2 tiles away with either Wind or the +2 Mt Flux. Pair Lissa to Sumia. Pair Ricken to Cordelia and move her to right above Sumia.

Turn 2: If the Soldier goes up, move Robin 4 tiles left, and drop Chrom to her right. Move Cordelia 1 tile below Chrom, then possibly 1 tile to the right of that (depending on Dark Mage movement) and wait. Move Sumia below or left of Cordelia (depending on Dark Mage movement), swap to Lissa and take Ricken. Rescue Libra. If the Soldier goes right instead, move Robin below the Soldier and kill him. Move Cordelia 2 squares from the enemy range on Libra’s column, move Sumia below her, switch to Lissa, transfer Ricken to Lissa, and Rescue Libra. Libra should recruit himself after the enemy phase.

Turn 3+: Pair Chrom back to Robin if Robin is paired with somebody else and clean up the goons chasing Libra. Move a forged Wind/Flux-equipped Robin to be above the top 2×2 set of Bones to get six Wyvs reinforcements that appear on turn 5 in one turn. All other characters should be 2 or more tiles below that same set of Bones. Recruiting Tharja is a low priority, and I think an unequippped Robin will probably be the meatshield necessary for the recruitment to be achieved.

So the plan is simple enough, but improvisation will be needed to make up for Lissa’s low Mag stat.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

• 6 months later...

After a very long break, I am back and ready to continue where I left off. I manage to pass chapter 9, but boy did it turn out to be very messy, as I took my largest loss yet and barely managed to keep this run viable.

Before I commence with the preparations, I get an A support between Frederick and Virion, and check out the Barracks, which give Stahl a surge of Mag and Def, Miriel a surge of Mag and Res and 29 EXP, and a Volant Axe, a Dying Blaze, another Glass Sword, and Katarina’s Bolt. I buy a Bronze Axe and Bronze Bow, and forge the Flux to have +3 Mt. Next, I use Mag and Def tonics on Robin, and a Mag tonic on Lissa. Then I send Robin, Lissa, Ricken, Cordelia, and Sumia, where I place Cordelia in the southwest-most starting spot, and Robin in the southeast-most starting spot.

Turn 1: I pair Chrom to Robin, move 4 tiles down and 1 tile left, and kill the soldier from 2 tiles away with Wind. I pair Lissa to Cordelia, and pair Ricken to Sumia and move her to right above Cordelia. The Soldier who didn’t attack Robin goes right.

Turn 2: I move Robin below the Soldier and kill him. Next, I move Sumia 1 square from the enemy range on Libra’s column, move Cordelia below her, switch to Lissa, transfer Ricken to Lissa, and Rescue Libra. Lissa survives the assault of the Dark Mage, while Libra kills the Dark Mage during the Ally Phase.

Turns 3-8: I clean up the goons chasing Libra, who gets recruited at turn 4. I don’t manage to get Robin above the top 2×2 set of Bones by the time turn 5 rolls around, so I end up only taking out the 3 Wyvs that appear on that turn. I end up losing Sumia and Ricken to the Wyv reinforcements that I fail to kill in the process. However, I manage to stabilize the top area before I take any more significant losses, although I have Lissa fully expend one of my Rescue staves in the process.

Turns 9-13: I get Chrom to recruit Tharja, and have Lissa go to the left sparkly tile after clearing the enemies, which gives her a Volant Axe. I have Libra head to the right sparkly tile, which gives him some extra weapon proficiency, and have Robin kill Campari with the forged Wind.

Before I conclude the part, I get a Soothing Sword from the barracks. I then proceed to set up a plan for completing Paralogue 4, which looks like this:

Use Mag and Def tonics on Robin, and a Mag tonic on Libra. Use the Dracoshield on Robin, make sure she has the Forged Flux (as equipping it will give her 42 Attack), and give the remaining Rescue staff on Libra. Send Robin, Tharja, Frederick, and Libra. Place Robin in starting spot closest to the middle-most Myrm’s left, Frederick 2 tiles right of Chrom, Libra 1 tile up and 1 tile right of Frederick, and Tharja in any spot that can reach Libra.

Turn 1: Pair Tharja to Libra, and have Libra go to the right of Chrom and Rescue Anna. Recruit Anna with Chrom, then pair Chrom to Robin. Have Robin blow up central Myrm with the forged Flux. Pair Fred to Anna, and move Anna to the unreachable tile below Robin in an effort to divert as much enemy random movement down the middle as possible.

Turn 2: Place Robin against the wall with the door and kill the Myrm. If it looks safe, have Libra and Anna try to dispatch the Barb/Mage located next to the Myrm in the lower part of the middle section, otherwise unequip them and heal through the damage. The 2-rangers should head towards Robin during the enemy phase.

Turn 3: Send Robin to kill the rest of the goons, put Anna within reach of the mid right door so she can unlock it next turn, and position Libra so he can go beside Anna, but still Rescue Robin.

Turn 4: Pick the door with Anna, have Libra Rescue Robin, and move Robin above Anna and take out the Archer.

Turn 5: Kill the Barb with Robin and move Anna and Libra out of range of the Mage and kite the Archer.

Turns 6+: Keep advancing Robin as far north as possible to kill the Thief after it gets the Arms Scroll. Have Anna and Libra kite the Archer toward Robin. Clean up the left side treasures, then have Robin pull Boss and the others from the northwest treasure room while Anna hides well out of range, but within range of the chest, on the right.

The plan is a little more solid than the previous chapter, but there is still potential for things to go wrong here.

Paralogue 4 ends up working with a couple of minor hiccups. Below is how it played out:

I prepare by using Mag and Def tonics on Robin, and a Mag tonic on Libra. Then, I use the Dracoshield on Robin, make sure she has the Forged Flux (as equipping it will give her 42 Attack), give the remaining Rescue staff to Libra and also trade out his Ward staff for a Hand Axe, provide Tharja with Dying Blaze, and exchange his Bronze Sword with a Killing Edge. I send Robin, Tharja, Frederick, and Libra. Finally, I place Robin in the starting spot closest to the middle-most Myrm’s left, Frederick 2 tiles right of Chrom, Libra 1 tile up and 1 tile right of Frederick, and Tharja in any spot that can reach Libra.

Turn 1: I pair Tharja to Libra, and have Libra go to the right of Chrom and Rescue Anna. I recruit Anna with Chrom, then pair Chrom to Robin. Next, I have Robin blow up central Myrm with the forged Flux. I pair Fred to Anna, and move Anna to the unreachable tile below Robin. In the enemy phase, the right side Myrm brings a Barb and moves out Robin’s attack range if she goes against the wall of the door.

Turn 2: I have Anna kill the Barb, which she does thanks to a dual attack from Frederick. I then place Robin against the wall with the door and kill the Myrm as planned.

Turn 3: I send Robin to kill the rest of the goons, put Anna within reach of the mid right door so she can unlock it next turn, and position Libra so he can go beside Anna, but still Rescue Robin. A stray Barb breaks off from the group that attacks Robin and attacks Libra instead, who takes no damage thanks to Tharja and deals 13 damage from it.

Turn 4: I pick the door with Anna, have Libra Rescue Robin, and move Robin above Anna and take out the Archer. During the enemy phase, the Archer and stray Barb miss Anna.

Turn 5: I kill the northernmost Barb with Robin, have Anna kill the stray Barb, and move Libra out of range

Turns 6-20: I cut off the Thief’s exit with Robin and kill him, and decide to have Anna kill the Archer to simplify things since things got dicey in the previous turns. The lower sparkly tile gives Anna additional weapons proficiency, while the upper sparkly tile gives Libra and Tharja improved relationship. I clean up the left side treasures, then have Robin pull Boss and gang from NW treasure room while Anna hides well out of range (but within movement of the chest) on the right. Robin reaches level 15, and I decide to unequip Vengeance in the process to make room for Tomebreaker.

So now it’s time to plan for Chapter 10. Below is a procedure that I think has a decent chance of success. 

First of all, Reclass Robin to a Dark Flier with the Second Seal. Sell the Bullion that I got in the paralogue, buy 3 Wind tomes, then equip Robin with a Wind, Bronze Lance, and Katarina’s Bolt. Make sure Chrom has a Steel Sword equipped. Use a Mag and Def Tonic on Robin. Send just Robin, and place her two tiles west of Chrom.

Turns 1-2: Pair Chrom to Robin, and kill the Master Seal Thief from the northeast. Then, take out the Seraph Robe Thief on the next turn.

Turn 3: Use the Seraph Robe on Robin, and head up toward Mustafa by flying over the Bones tiles. Both Thieves will probably go down they pass by the top of it.

Turns 4+: Hang out over the Bones tiles until all the Wyverns and 2-range units are dead. Take out the ground melee with the Bronze Lance. Pick each enemy off one-by-one during the enemy phases by luring them in, and use the Bones Forts to heal any lost HP. Do not have Robin learn Rally Movement in the process.

The plan should be simple enough to carry out without any problems, assuming that I don't get stupid while carrying it out.

Edited by JourneymanN00b

Chapter 10 turns out to be easy, which is a thankful change from the previous chapters. Below is how it went:

Checking out the Barracks gives Gregor 21 EXP, and a Sigurd’s Lance. After I finish checking it out, I reclass Robin to a Dark Flier with the Second Seal. Then, I sell the Bullion, buy 3 Wind tomes, then equip her with a Wind, Bronze Lance, and Katarina’s Bolt. After I make sure Chrom has a Steel Sword equipped, I use a Mag and Def Tonic on Robin. Finally, I send just Robin, and place her two tiles west of Chrom to begin the chapter.

Turns 1-2: I pair Chrom to Robin and kill the Master Seal Thief from the northeast. Then, I take out the Seraph Robe Thief on the next turn. 

Turns 3-5: I use the Seraph Robe on Robin, and head up toward Mustafa by flying over the Bones tiles. I take out both Thieves as they pass by the top of it.

Turns 6-19: I hang out over the Bones tiles until all the 2-range units and all but one of the Wyverns are dead. Then, I take out the rest of the units with the Bronze Lance. I do not have Robin learn Rally Movement in the process. The bottom sparkly tile gave useless relationship points, while the top sparkly tile gave Robin weapons proficiency.

With Chapter 10 done, it is now time to prepare for Chapter 11. Below is how I plan to tackle it.

Sell the Bullion and Beaststone, and buy 3 Javelins. Use a Kris’s Confect and a Mag Tonic on Robin. Use the Master Seal on Cordelia to promote her to the Falcon Knight class, and make sure she has a Steel Lance, Javelin, and Heal staves in her inventory. Make sure that Anna has Rescue and Mend staves and give Frederick a Concoction. Finally, equip Chrom with a Killing Edge. Bring in Robin, Maribelle, Cordelia, Frederick, Libra, and Anna. Place Robin in the southeastern-most spot and equip her with Wind.

Turn 1: Pair Chrom to Robin and have her wait two squares down. Pair Olivia to Cordelia, move Cordelia to one square north of Robin, swap to Olivia and dance to Robin. Move Robin down to kill the Sage. Move everyone else north and west of Olivia. 

Turn 2: Move Robin within range of two right Wyvs but also so the Hero can be hit next turn. Use Spirit Dust on Robin.

Turn 3: Move Robin outside Hero’s range in the top Fighter’s range.

Turn 4: Sweep Robin right to get all of the Mages and position the group to handle a pit stop to divert Robin toward the northwest reinforcements next turn.

Turn 5: Move Robin back up toward the group for healing and an Olivia boost, then hit the new Hero spawn from 1 tile down and 1 tile right.

Turn 6: Move Robin to the pit stop to get healed and Olivia boosted, then move south and kill the hero with Katarina’s Bolt.

Turn 7: Move Robin to the pit stop and get a kill at the same time if possible. Olivia should bounce Robin down toward the Thief while remaining in Mage range, but outside of Gangrel’s Merc’s range.

Turn 8: Have Robin snipe the Thief from 2 tiles above. Retreat the others so Mages will target Robin. Move the rest of the team right to get out of enemy range, but make sure to be at least 1 tile above the clump of Woods near the Fort to avoid the Mages going after somebody else.

Turns 9+: Have Robin clean up the remaining goons before going after Gangrel. Pull Gangrel’s of mages from the fort. Have Robin kite the rest so that Anna can get to the chest.

The plan could seriously go wrong, and I am prepared to kick myself if I lose any more units in the process. Let’s see if I can successfully pull this game plan off.

I manage to complete the chapter in an almost perfect fashion. Below are the gory details:

In addition to the preparations, the Barracks provides Fred with a surge of Mag and Lck. I also decide to give Cordelia Sigurd’s Lance in case she needs it.

Turn 1: I pair Chrom to Robin and have her wait two squares down. I then pair Olivia to Cordelia, move Cordelia to one square north of Robin, swap to Olivia and dance to Robin. I move Robin down to kill the Sage and move everyone else north and west of Olivia. All the Mages die to Robin without any complications during the enemy phase.

Turn 2: I move Robin three squares and use the Spirit Dust. The 2 Wyvs get killed during the enemy phase.

Turn 3: Since Robin took no damage from the enemy units, I decide to take out the Hero from one tile up and one tile right. Robin takes out every enemy unit headed her way during the enemy phase without taking any damage.

Turn 4: I sweep Robin right to get the Mages and position the group to handle a pit stop.

Turn 5: I move Robin back up toward the group for an Olivia boost and a heal from Anna, then hit the new Merc spawn from 1 tile down and 1 tile right, since I cannot get to the Hero due to moving too far to the right last turn.

Turn 6: I move Robin to the pit stop to get Olivia boosted, then move south to get in range of Wyvs and Forts and take out a Fighter in the process. The 2 Wyvs and the rest of the units that go over Robin die in the enemy phase without any incident.

Turn 7: I move Robin to the Merc near the pit stop and kill him. Then I have Olivia bounces Robin down toward the Thief and take out the left Mage. The other Mage dies to Robin in the enemy phase.

Turn 8: I have Robin snipe the Thief from 2 tiles above. Retreat the others so Mages will target Robin. Move the rest of the team right to get out of enemy range.

Turns 9-12: I have Robin clean up the remaining goons, with the exception of one Fighter that I leave for Libra to get, before going after Gangrel. The right sparkly tile gives Anna additional weapons proficiency, while the left sparkly tile gives Robin additional weapons proficiency.

Turns 13-15: I pull Gangrel and his mages from the fort with Robin and have Robin kite the rest so that Anna can get to the chest.

So now the time has come to do Chapter 12. Below is my plan to do so:

Buy 30 Defense Tonics, 10 Strength Tonics, 10 Mag Tonics, 4 Speed Tonics, 4 Skill Tonics, and 14 Luck Tonics. Then use Def and Mag Tonics on Robin, and make sure she has a Bronze Lance, a Javelin, and an Elixir. Send Robin and Cordelia. Put Robin at the top left spot, and Cordelia at the far right spot.

Turn 1: After pairing Chrom to Robin, move Robin 2 tiles below the Beast Killer Knight and kill him. Move Cordelia 1 tile up and 1 tile right, and pair Cherche to Cordelia.

Turn 2: Move Robin 4 tiles up, 3 tiles left, and then equip her with a Javelin, using an Elixir if necessary. Move Cordelia 5 tiles up and 3 tiles right.

Turn 3: Move Robin 7 tiles up and 1 tile right. If necessary, use an Elixir again. Move Cordelia up 8 tiles.

Turns 4+: Once the right bridge is clear head all the way right and take out all of the 2-range units, retreating to the right to heal as necessary. Lure enemies up to the gangplanks, then back up and kill them until Robin gets Galeforce. Once Galeforce is acquired, Robin should kite or slowly pick enemies off one at a time without needing to lure.

The plan should be okay to follow, but I could be required to deviate from it to prevent losses. The hard part of this adventure should be over, though.

As expected, chapter 12 goes without a hitch. Below is how it went:

The Barracks gives me another Sigurd’s Lance, Donnel 18 EXP, and Miriel 17 EXP. I also get a C support between Cordelia and Libra before I start the chapter, and sell the Bullion acquired from the last chapter. In addition to the preparations, I have Chrom equip the Rapier and Cordelia get a Mend Staff.

Turn 1: After pairing Chrom to Robin, I move Robin 2 tiles below the Beast Killer Knight and kill him. I then move Cordelia 1 tile up and 1 tile right and pair Cherche to Cordelia. Robin takes no damage from the enemy units that die to her in the enemy phase.

Turn 2: I move Robin 4 tiles up, 3 tiles left, equip her with a Javelin, and take out a Cavalier right below her. Then, I move Cordelia 5 tiles up and 3 tiles right with a Javelin equipped. Robin manages to take out every unit against her thanks to Chrom’s Dual Strikes, while Cordelia deals 24 damage to the Knight during the enemy phase with the help of a Cherche Dual Strike while taking 13 damage herself.

Turn 3: First, I move Robin 7 tiles up and 1 tile right with a Wind equipped. Then, I move Cordelia up 8 tiles and use a Vulnerary. All units that go after Robin, including Dalton, die without damaging her.

Turns 4-11: With the bridge clear I have Robin head all the way right, and take out the remaining units with a Javelin equipped, with the exception of a lone Valmese Knight that Cordelia kills with the help of Cherche’s Dual Strikes. I have Robin learn Galeforce over Solidarity upon reaching level 15 and have her use the Bronze Lance after all the 2-range units are killed. The left sparkly tile gives Robin 26 EXP, while the right sparkly tile gives a Soothing Sword.

Next up is Chapter 13, which should be easy to do, and Paralogue 12, which is also doable. Due to the short length of Chapter 13, I will post plans to finish both maps.

For Chapter 13:

Sell the Bullion, and buy 2 Rescue Staves, 7 Hand Axes, and 3 Javelins. Make sure Robin has Galeforce at the bottom and has a Wind tome equipped, and that Chrom has a Killing Edge equipped. Send Robin and Cordelia, and put Robin in the northernmost spot.

Turn 1: After pairing Chrom to Robin, go all the way north and kill a Risen warrior to slingshot her off it. Then move above the boss to kill it from there.

For Paralogue 12:

Use the Secret Book on Chrom and equip him with a Steel Sword. Give Lucina an Elixir. Also get C supports for Lucina and Chrom and Robin. Buy 2 Elwinds, forge 1 Elwind for +5 Mt, and the other Elwind for +1 Mt. Make sure that Robin has Galeforce on the bottom, and use Mag and Def Tonics on Robin, a Mag Tonic on Anna, and Str and Def Tonics on Lucina. Provide Olivia with a Second Seal, 2 Goddess Icons, a Def Tonic, and a Levin Sword. Provide Henry with an Elwind, Luk Tonic, Bronze Axe, Master Seal, and Speedwing. Give Tharja the +1 Mt Elwind and Robin the +5 Elwind. Finally, Give Anna and Libra with a Rescue Staff each. Send Robin, Lucina, Anna, Libra, Henry, Tharja, Olivia, and Cordelia. Place Robin above Chrom, and on then row below Chrom from left to right, Libra, Lucina, Cordelia, and Anna. Place Frederick and Olivia on the next row below from left to right, and Tharja and Henry from left to right.

Turn 1: Move Anna 1 tile up and right from Chrom and Rescue Morgan. Recruit Morgan with Chrom, then pair Chrom with Robin. Move Morgan right above Olivia, get the Second Seal, a Goddess Icon, the Levin Sword, and a defense Tonic from Olivia, and change his class to a Mercenary. Boost Morgan with Olivia, and pair Lucina with Morgan. Have Morgan take out the Myrm from two squares south of him with the Levin Sword, and then move 3 squares south and use the Goddess Icon. Have Cordelia heal Morgan, and Robin kill the center Mage. In the enemy phase, the Mage should be lured in to attack Morgan and get killed in the process.

Turn 2: Robin should kill the Bullion Thief, then unequip lure the two incoming rightside Wyvs close to Morgan. Position Lucina on top-middle tile of the lowest-left platform. Have Olivia boost her so she can move into the water.

Turn 3: Kill the Wyv with Lucina if it didn’t die in the previous enemy phase. Heal her with Anna if needed. Snag whatever EXP for Morgan and Lucina that is available. Have Robin kill anything dangerous or use the unequipped Robin to lure in the next Wyv.

Turn 4: Kill the Wyv with Morgan and have him use the Defense Tonic. Have Olivia boost Morgan and give him the other Goddess Icon, which Morgan should use.

Turn 5: The unequipped Robin should position up against the large pillar along the main pathway to attract almost all reinforcements for Morgan and Lucina to peel them off. Have Henry give the Speedwing, Bronze Axe, and the Master Seal to Olivia.

Turn 6: Position Morgan 9 tiles left and 1 tile down from the southeast stairs with the Levin Sword equipped to lure the Griffon to be killed the next turn.

Turns 7+: Have Robin keep the enemy busy, and Anna or Libra Rescue and heal Morgan and Lucina if needed. Have Olivia give Morgan the Bronze Axe and Master Seal. Do not have Morgan learn Patience when the opportunity comes up, but promote him to the Hero class when he has the chance to do so and have him equip the Bronze Axe. After that, take out the rest of the flyers with Lucina, and have Morgan hunt down the ground units when the flyers are gone.

The second part of the plan could go awry, so I am hoping for the best there.

Well, as expected, I screw up Morgan’s paralogue and get Olivia killed. Below are the dirty details:

The Barracks gives Nowi 20 EXP and Chrom 24 EXP before I begin the chapters.

Chapter 13:

Turn 1: After pairing Chrom to Robin, I go all the way north and kill a Risen warrior to slingshot her off it. After killing a Risen archer with Cordelia and Henry, I have Robin move to the boss and kill it without any complications.

Chrom is at level 20 after the chapter, so I buy a Second Seal from an Anna shop for 2500 G and use it to reclass him to a Cavalier. The Barracks give Titania’s Axe, Stahl 12 EXP, Donnel 19 EXP, Kellam 10 EXP, Tharja a boost of Str and Mag, Henry a surge of Str and Skill, Olivia a surge of Mag and Res, and Robin a surge of Spd and Def.

Paralogue 12:

Turn 1: I move Anna 1 tile up and right from Chrom and Rescue Morgan. After recruiting Morgan with Chrom, I pair Chrom with Robin. I move Morgan right above Olivia, get the Second Seal, a Goddess Icon, the Levin Sword, and a defense Tonic from Olivia, and change his class to a Mercenary. I boost Morgan with Olivia, and pair Lucina with Morgan. Since Morgan doesn’t have the necessary speed to take out the Myrm with the Levin Sword, I move him two squares south, switch to Lucina, get the Levin Sword from Morgan, and attack the Myrm, which doesn’t kill him. Because of that, I have Robin kill the Mages. In the enemy phase, the Myrm gets killed by Lucina after Morgan blocks its attack.

Turn 2: Robin kills the Bullion Thief, then unequip lures the two incoming rightside Wyvs close to Morgan and Lucina once Cordelia gets out of the way. I position Lucina on the top-middle tile of the lowest-left platform, have Olivia boost her, and haver her move into the water. During the enemy phase, the Wyv gets killed by Lucina

Turn 3: I heal Lucina with Anna, and have Morgan kill one of the Wyvs that attacked the unequipped Robin last turn and the Myrm. I heal Morgan with Cordelia, pair Frederick to Olivia, and boost Morgan again. I then have Morgan kill the other Wyv, and have the unequipped Robin lure in the next Wyv.

Turn 4: I kill the Wyv with Morgan, and have him use the Goddess Icon. I have Olivia boost Morgan and forget to give him the other Goddess Icon, so I have Morgan use the Def Tonic that he didn’t get to use in the first turn and move him in range of the Swordmaster and Mage. I have Cordelia heal Morgan again and Robin move to the left to prepare to kill the Thief that stole the Fortify staff next turn. I then have Henry give the Speedwing, Bronze Axe, and Master Seal to Olivia. I have Anna move to the left sparkly tile, which gives her 11 EXP, and heal Olivia. During the enemy phase, Morgan and Lucina take out a Mage, and Morgan deals 15 damage to a Swordmaster, who deals 18 damage to Morgan.

Turn 5: I have Robin kill the Thief that stole the Fortify staff, and move back south out of range of the enemies. Then, I have Morgan attack the Swordmaster two squares west of it, boost him with Olivia, and have Morgan finish off the Swordmaster with the Steel Sword, although its vantage deals 15 more damage to him in the process. I have Anna and Cordelia heal Morgan, and have Morgan take out another Myrm. A Mage gets killed by Morgan after dealing 18 damage to him during the enemy phase.

Turn 6: I unequip and position Robin at the large pillar to lure the enemy reinforcements and position Morgan 9 tiles left and 1 tile down from the southeast stairs with the Levin Sword equipped to lure the Griffon to be killed the next turn. I have Olivia give Morgan the Goddess Icon, Bronze Axe, and Master Seal, and boost him. I then heal Morgan with Cordelia, and have Morgan use the Goddess Icon. The enemy phase sees Morgan killing the Griffon with the help of Lucina, but Olivia getting killed due to me not seeing another Griffon with a Tomahawk coming her way. With Olivia’s death, I declare the run over. Hopefully it won’t be too long before I get another viable run going.

6 hours ago, JourneymanN00b said:

Well, as expected, I screw up Morgan’s paralogue and get Olivia killed.

Doh, I missed!! So ein mist! OH MY GOD!

Relevant:

That's rough, buddy...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 8:29 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Doh, I missed!! So ein mist! OH MY GOD!

Relevant:

That's rough, buddy...

Thanks a lot for the condolences. 

After that serious embarrassment that was the Paralogue 12 failure, I get another run going after 11 failed attempts in the following chapters caused by the following sources, with many of them being perfectly avoidable and downright embarrassing to commit:

Prologue:

• The Mage kills Robin with a Critical hit during the rope-a-dope.
  • I accidentally select “Wait” for Chrom instead of moving him on Turn 1.

Chapter 2:

• Virion/Robin misses the shot against the Merc on Turn 1.
  • Robin/Chrom misses one of two attacks against the Barb on Turn 1 from using a Wilderwind that Robin found from the bottom sparkly tile in the Prologue.
  • The boss kills Robin with a Critical hit due to my stupidity in not having Lissa adjacent with Robin.
  • A soldier kills Virion due to a placement miscalculation on my part when trying to improvise surviving the first wave.
  • When trying a defensive strategy, I screw up my movements in Chapter 2 in the first wave and get cornered due to the wounded enemy units causing too many complications.
  • After killing the boss, I massively screw up the river crossing with Frederick and Chrom and get Chrom killed due to crossing the river one turn too late.
  • I accidentally pair Robin to Chrom due to my fat fingers on Turn 1.
  • I move Stahl and Sully to the wrong place on Turn 1 and get Sully killed by the barbs.

Chapter 3:

• I stupidly place Robin in range of the Merc and Archer at the same time after I unlock the left door, and the Merc and Archer have their way with her.

Below are the salient details from the run that did work.

On turn 1 of the Prologue, Robin does not hit the Myrm to get the extra EXP. The Barb goes north of the Myrm on turn 3, making the chapter slightly faster to complete. Before beginning the rope-a-dope, I check out the bottom sparkly tile with Robin and get 24 EXP. The second sparkly tile gave Robin Wilderwind. Completing the Prologue took 71 turns this time. At the end of the chapter, Robin is at level 8, and has 14 Spd and 7 Mag with a C in Tomes, which gives decent odds of passing Chapter 1.

In Chapter 1, I have Frederick use Robin’s Bronze Sword to take out the Fighter in Turn 1. The sparkly tile on the south Fort gives Frederick 28 EXP. The boss went north on turn 3, so I follow the usual plan to finish the chapter, but the Archer gets out of formation at the end of Turn 3. After having Frederick use a Vulnerary on turn 4, I have Chrom move one tile left to lure the Archer. On turn 5, I pair Virion to Frederick and Chrom to Lissa as usual. I then have Frederick take out the risen Chief from the top, Robin move one square below him, and Lissa heal Robin from the left after transferring Chrom to Robin. The Archer and Robin deal blows during the enemy phase. On turn 6, I have Robin move 3 squares down, Lissa heal Robin from below, and Frederick move one square down and one square left of Lissa and separate Virion below. Turn 7 sees me moving Robin 2 squares east and equipping the Bronze Sword, Lissa healing Robin from below, and Frederick and Virion each moving one step below. Turn 8 has Robin go to the sparkly tile and finish off the Hammer-wielding Fighter, with the sparkly tile giving her 11 EXP, Virion pairing with Frederick to finish off another Fighter, and Lissa moving out of enemy range. The last fighter suicides itself on Robin during the enemy phase.

After chapter 1, I get C supports between Robin and Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick, as well as one for Frederick and Virion. Robin is at level 8 at 8 Mag and 14 Spd, which makes her chances of clearing Chapter 2 good, thanks to having Wilderwind.

On Chapter 2’s turn 1, Virion thankfully hits the Merc, with Fred mercifully killing it. I proceed to move Chom below southwest of the Barbarian, get the Bronze Sword from Robin, get Robin, and have Robin attack the Barbarian with Wilderwind. The Barbarian thankfully goes down to a critical hit from Robin’s second attack followed by a Dual Strike from Chrom. The rest of the first wave goes down with some careful thinking on my part. The lower sparkly tile gives Robin extra weapons training. The second wave gets addressed without any deaths, although I did have a tense spot where I am forced to unequip Frederick in the rope a dope in order to survive an onslaught of wounded enemies due to the enemies moving in exactly the wrong configuration. The second sparkly tile gives Robin 14 EXP. I complete the chapter in 21 turns.

At the conclusion of Chapter 2, I get C supports between Chrom and Frederick, and Robin and Sully. Robin is at level 13 with 15 Speed, which means that I can take an aggressive approach to clearing the next chapter.

To start out chapter 3, I make sure Frederick is placed in the second spot on the right. On turns 1-2, I recruit and pair up with Kellam with Chrom, and move him away to the left of Frederick, where I trade the Javelin and Vulnerary to him, switch to Chrom, transfer Kellam to Frederick, and pair with Sully below. I then move Frederick to the middle row just outside of the enemy range, pair Mirel to Sumia, and move Sumia to the bottom edge of the map outside of the enemy range. Next, I move Sully along the fort wall and drop Chrom down below. I then pair Robin to Sully, move Lissa to the right of Sumia, Vaike to the right of Lissa, and Virion to the right of Vaike. Turn 2 has me move Sully 1 tile up, 1 right from the Soldier, swap to Robin and attack the Soldier. I then have Frederick move to the right of the Soldier and finish him off with the Javelin. Finally, I have Chrom and Lissa occupy the top and middle tiles just outside of the enemy range, and Vaike move to the right of Sumia and Virion move to the right of Vaike. On the enemy phase, the Archers fight Robin and get killed, with one from a Critical hit from Robin, and another from Dual Strikes from Sully. Since the Knight is body blocked from Robin by Frederick, he fights Frederick instead. On turn 3, I pair Lissa to Chrom, move Chrom to the right of Robin, switch and transfer Chrom to Robin, and heal Robin. I then have Robin finish off the Knight with Robin, move Frederick right one tile, and move everyone else as far left as possible. The second wave of enemies come from the right, and I manage to deal with them using the upper corridor and Frederick as an effective blocker. The bottom sparkly tile gives Robin Finn’s Lance, and I manage to get Robin to attack the Merc 2 squares from the left to avoid a repeat of a humiliating death by placing her in the wrong area to be attacked by a Fighter as well. The upper sparkly tile gave Robin 22 EXP, and I clear the chapter in 30 turns.

Before I start Chapter 4, I buy a Flux, Wind, and Thunder, as well as a Strength and Defense Tonic to prepare for paralogue 1 and get a B support between Robin and Chrom and a C support between Lissa and Frederick.

Chapter 4’s first turn starts out well enough, as a critical Dual Strike from Frederick’s Iron Sword allows Robin to kill the east Fighter. I manage to kill another fighter with Robin and the Mage with Frederick on the second turn. The lower sparkly tile gives Sully Hector’s Axe. The rest of the enemies go down easily to Robin, and the upper sparkly tile gives Fred a Superior Jolt. I finish the chapter in 6 turns.

I wait a very long while for an Anna shop to generate with a Second Seal. During this time, I check out the Barracks, which gives the following:

• Relationship points between Robin and Sully, Robin and Sumia, Chrom and Lissa, Chrom and Sully, Frederick and Sumia, Robin and Frederick, Robin and Lon’qu, Sumia and Sully, Lon’qu and Sully, Virion and Lissa, Virion and Sully, Vaike and Miriel, Lissa and Kellam, Vaike and Lon’qu, and Vaike and Sully
  • Frederick 52 EXP
  • Chrom 28 EXP and a surge of Mag and Res
  • Miriel 21 EXP
  • Lon’qu 20 EXP
  • Robin 19 EXP and a surge of Skill and Spd
  • Lissa 12 EXP and a surge of Mag and Def
  • Stahl 41 EXP
  • Sumia 19 EXP
  • Sully 40 EXP and a surge of Skill and Def
  • Tiki’s Tear
  • Glass Bow
  • Reeking Box
  • Superior Bow
  • Superior Edge
  • Kris’s Confect
  • Ladle
  • Sigurd’s Lance
  • Miniature Lance
  • Imposing Axe
  • Gaius’s Confect

In the process, I sell the Reeking Box, Ladle, Sigurd’s Lance, Finn’s Lance, Hector’s Axe, Glass Bow, Superior Bow, and Superior Edge to get funds for Flux forging, which I forge to have +4 Mt and +5 Hit. I also get a B support conversation between Robin and Frederick. Eventually, an Anna shop does generate with a Second Seal, and I buy it. I equip Robin with Superior Jolt, Forged Flux and Wilderwind, Chrom with the Iron Sword and the Killing Edge, and use a Str Tonic on Chrom and a Def Tonic on Robin before I begin Paralogue 1.

Paralogue 1 begins okay, where Robin takes out the nearby Barb two squares from the left with Superior Joltand Frederick kills the Thief with the Silver Lance on Turn 1, with the Archer and other Barb dying to Robin on the enemy phase. On turn 2, I have Lissa heal Robin, and Robin move to the right of the Barb nearest her and use the Second Seal to reclass her to a Dark Mage. After moving everyone else out of the way, I end the turn with bated breath. Thankfully, Robin only receives one hit from a Barb, while 3 Barbs and an Archer suicides to her with Superior Jolt equipped. Three of the first enemies of the second wave fall to Robin and the forged Flux, while the Chest Key thief and the rest of the enemies fall to Robin’s Thunder. The lower sparkly tile gives Robin a Rift Door, while the upper sparkly tile gives Robin 14 EXP. I manage to level Donnel up and clear the paralogue in 19 turns. Robin is now a level 5 Dark Mage with 17 Mag and 14 Def.

I get an A support between Robin and Chrom, B supports between Robin and Lissa as well as Frederick and Virion, and a C support between Stahl and Donnell. The Barracks give Donnel 20 EXP. I proceed to sell the Killer Lance, Kellam’s Iron Lance, Door Key, Imposing Axe, Miniature Lance, Lissa’s Vulnerary, Donnel’s Vulnerary, and Stahl’s Bronze Sword to get enough gold to forge Robin’s Wind to have +4 Mt. I then use Kris’s Confect on Robin and Frederick and Gaius’s Confect on Chrom instead of the Tonics for Chapter 5.

Chapter 5's Turn 1 goes smoothly, with nobody thankfully dying from the attacks this time around, and Robin taking out a Barb, Myrm, and Dark Mage in the process. I take out the rest of the first wave without too much tension, and manage to have everybody alive by the time the first wave is cleared. The lower sparkly tile gives Robin extra weapons proficiency that was useless, while the upper sparkly tile gave Frederick 23 EXP. I finish the chapter in 17 turns. Robin now has 19 Mag and is at level 11.

The barracks give Chrom a surge of Spd and Def and Osirin’s Hatchet, which I give to Frederick. I forge a Thunder for Robin to have +12 Crit and give her Kris’s Confect before I start Chapter 6.

Chapter 6 turns out to be easy to clear, with the sparkly tile inside Emmeryn’s room giving Maribelle 22 EXP, while the other sparkly tile giving Frederick extra weapons training. I complete the chapter in 8 turns.

I get an S support between Chrom and Robin and again have Robin use a Kris’s Confect in place of a Def Tonic. The Barracks give relationship points between Frederick and Sumia, Lissa and Stahl, Maribelle and Kellam, and Chrom and Lissa.

As expected, Chapter 7 was easy to clear, and I do it in 4 turns this time without running into the reinforcements. The right sparkly tile gave Robin extra weapons proficiency, which had no effect. The store selling the Flux got blocked by Risen, so I decide to go without it for Chapter 8.

Chapter 8 goes smoothly enough, with the Cavalier dying in Turn 1’s enemy phase, and Cordelia killing 3 enemy units this time around. The upper sparkly tile gives Robin useless extra weapons proficiency, while the lower sparkly tile gives Robin a Tree Branch. The chapter takes 17 turns to complete this time.

Checking the Barracks yields a Dying Blaze.

I will hopefully provide the second half of this character’s run up to Paralogue 12 soon.