The Fire Emblem Engage Characters You're Least Likely to See in Online Modes

Randoman

In terms of online modes like the online battles and the relay battles, which ones do you think are the least likely characters you'd see online? Similarly, if you do frequent Engage's online modes a lot, which playable characters are the least commonly seen online? Because I plan on being a rebel, maxing out those characters, and using them tons for online battles and relay battles.

Keep in mind, this is for playable characters only, not Emblem Ring characters.

I'm highly confident Vander is one of them, as well as the four last characters recruited from non-paralogue missions (with the no spoiler rules, I think that's all I'm allowed to say).

I've only done 1 online battle, and 2-3 relay battles, so I can't accurately say who's the most/least used. I can say that most of the characters I did see were characters recruited between the Prologue Chapter to Chapter 8.

Haven't touched online but...

Agreed with the picks but I'd also add Bunet to the list as well. Prepromotes are rarely popular units in FE combat wise since people generally value early joining units that can grow. These characters have it the worse since they either get accused of stealing exp (Vander), aren't great at base (Bunet), join late (the last few peeps but, I'd hazard that one of them will be used a lot more of the final 4). One of them is also in a weird spot since from what I've seen, people actually don't know he's recruitable and assume he's just another sub boss. It also doesn't help that older looking characters aren't too appealing to the wider audience so they are probably not going to be used even if they are solid gameplay wise.

As for the most used (when it comes to late game online battles), I'd probably guess Alear, the princes, the princesses, Yunaka, Anna, and Lapis are probably going to be the most common choices. The first 9 are pretty self-explanatory, 5 of them are the most important characters in the game and the latter 4 are important in their sub arcs which means they are characters that are probably going to be used in game, thus they'll be grinded up and be ready for online. Yunaka and Lapis are probably the 2 most popular characters within the game itself, with Yunaka probably being one of the more popular characters in the franchise and regarded as "the most busted character in the game" (whether I agree with the sentiment is another thing), while Anna's high scaling is appealing to those wanting to do online stuff. 

Edited by Lunarly

I wouldn't be surprised if Clanne is not used often. He's outclassed by Celine and Citrinne, both of who come rather early. Other than that, I agree with the OP.

I've also not touched online, but my guess is that Zelkov probably won't see much play. Given how popular Yunaka is, both in terms of her characterisation and her strength as a unit, I suspect that not many people are going to be dropping her and replacing her with Zelkov, and probably not many people are running two thieves either. It probably also doesn't help that his recruitment is at the same time as Ivy and Kagetsu, who are both well regarded.

15 hours ago, Randoman said:

In terms of online modes like the online battles and the relay battles, which ones do you think are the least likely characters you'd see online? Similarly, if you do frequent Engage's online modes a lot, which playable characters are the least commonly seen online? Because I plan on being a rebel, maxing out those characters, and using them tons for online battles and relay battles.

Keep in mind, this is for playable characters only, not Emblem Ring characters.

I'm highly confident Vander is one of them, as well as the four last characters recruited from non-paralogue missions (with the no spoiler rules, I think that's all I'm allowed to say).

I've only done 1 online battle, and 2-3 relay battles, so I can't accurately say who's the most/least used. I can say that most of the characters I did see were characters recruited between the Prologue Chapter to Chapter 8.

I have a little over 100 relay battles in

I've never seen: Amber, Saphir, Bunet, Pandreo,

Spoiler

Mauvier

I've rarely seen (fewer than five times I'd say): Jade, Boucheron, Fogado, Rosado, Goldmary, Citrinne, Lindon, Clanne, Vander (once, I was surprised as all hell)

I've seen Etie way more than I expected, and the rest are fairly popular

Edited by Belisarius
spoiler