Lyn (Smash Discussion)

Ace_

She's one of my most wanted characters. If she gets in the next smash, what costumes would you want her to have? And what do you want her moveset to be like?

I personally would like her to have a costume based on Sain and one based on Hector.

And for her moveset, i'd like it if she used 2 swords (like in Awakening). 

seriously? ANOTHER anime sword fighter?

I think Lyn is a pretty viable candidate for an upgrade from her current Assist Trophy status, if not one of the most worthy of an upgrade.

In terms of costumes, I think an alt based on Hector would be a shoe-in, as well as potentially Mark (so a blue and green alt respectively). Eliwood probably isn't as likely considering Roy is in the game (and also already has an Eliwood alt). Florina and Nils seem like good candidates, as well as Anna to give her a red alt. I also wouldn't mind an alt based on her Swordmaster garb from Awakening/Warriors. Beyond the surface level stuff, that's about all I got.

Concerning her moveset, I think she'd do great with a samurai-inspired kit, and would make her stand out from other the other swordies a bit (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the closest we have to that currently is Sephiroth of all people). While I won't go into the nitty gritty specifics of her moveset, I can at least say with confidence that her Final Smash could be based on either her current Assist Trophy attacks or her Blazing Blade crit animation. I'd personally make it an amalgamation of the two, whereupon activating it puts her into her Assist Trophy stance and makes her stationary and invulnerable, but she'll eventually teleport and hit target, activating her crit animation. Alternatively, if she's attacked, she'll counter and do the crit animation that way as well.

Lyn is one of my most-wanted characters and has been for a decade now. I'd be thrilled if she was upgraded to a playable character on the roster, should they make more Smash Bros. games.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about her potential costumes. They'd probably give her outfits inspired by whoever she can support in her game, giving her outfits inspired by Rath, Hector, Kent, Florina, etc. Maybe important characters she has a relationship with, as well, like Ninian or Nils. I'd be fine with all of that. I do think it'd be cool to give her outfits based on her Brave and Legendary alts from Heroes, though, as well as her Awakening DLC outfit.

As for her moveset, I think she'd definitely be unique among the other sword characters. I also think they'd make bows a heavy part of her moves, since they've been giving her bows more and more in her recent appearances. I'm fine with that, no complaints here.

16 hours ago, indigoasis said:

In terms of costumes, I think an alt based on Hector would be a shoe-in, as well as potentially Mark (so a blue and green alt respectively). Eliwood probably isn't as likely considering Roy is in the game (and also already has an Eliwood alt). Florina and Nils seem like good candidates, as well as Anna to give her a red alt. I also wouldn't mind an alt based on her Swordmaster garb from Awakening/Warriors. Beyond the surface level stuff, that's about all I got.

Concerning her moveset, I think she'd do great with a samurai-inspired kit, and would make her stand out from other the other swordies a bit (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the closest we have to that currently is Sephiroth of all people). While I won't go into the nitty gritty specifics of her moveset, I can at least say with confidence that her Final Smash could be based on either her current Assist Trophy attacks or her Blazing Blade crit animation. I'd personally make it an amalgamation of the two, whereupon activating it puts her into her Assist Trophy stance and makes her stationary and invulnerable, but she'll eventually teleport and hit target, activating her crit animation. Alternatively, if she's attacked, she'll counter and do the crit animation that way as well.

All of those alts would be cool too.(especially the Anna one)

And that's a great idea for a final smash.

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Lyn is one of my most-wanted characters and has been for a decade now. I'd be thrilled if she was upgraded to a playable character on the roster, should they make more Smash Bros. games.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about her potential costumes. They'd probably give her outfits inspired by whoever she can support in her game, giving her outfits inspired by Rath, Hector, Kent, Florina, etc. Maybe important characters she has a relationship with, as well, like Ninian or Nils. I'd be fine with all of that. I do think it'd be cool to give her outfits based on her Brave and Legendary alts from Heroes, though, as well as her Awakening DLC outfit.

As for her moveset, I think she'd definitely be unique among the other sword characters. I also think they'd make bows a heavy part of her moves, since they've been giving her bows more and more in her recent appearances. I'm fine with that, no complaints here.

Yeah, she probably would end up using bows as part of her moveset.  I'd definitely be okay with that. I just really want Lyn in the game.