Pokemon Presents 2023 Video

Punished Dayni

Well, it's that time again. Just an hour off from this topic.

Some people seem pretty convinced we'll be getting NSO/ports like the 3DS for the first gen, but we'll see if it takes that much of the time and if it'll even be that.

Edit: No link to a countdown or a livestream in advance? Will it just be dropped on the channel than?

Edited by Punished Dayni

So, what did we get?

Spoiler

Why is there a CGI Pikachu sitting beside Ishihara just swaying from side to side? Ishihara reminds us there's over a thousand now and then mentions first up is PWC, as presented by Chris Brown...... Oh no. It cuts to a different Chris Brown describing the PWC details, I move on. Least it wasn't a 5-minute montage to start. Next up is a video that looks like the first trailer for SV in how dark the room is but it's a TCG trailer where the the adults are intensely competing with one another as the stakes rise, all with OG card sets and with the guy winning with the OG Charizard card. The plan is to rerelease the original card wave, with a preview at PWC.

Next up is a new Pokemon venture... on Netflix. Wait, the anime's been showing on Netflix for years, the gremlin's watched it. But it's a new series. Almost hinting at Pokespe adaptation (Almost got excited for a sec), she then reveals an original storyline, in stop motion set at a Pokemon Resort called Pokemon Concierge. We only get to see Psyduck walk for a second. We then move on to game news.

Utsonomiya starts on not S/V. Unite first, I sleep. Next we get a trailer of fruit being cut, pastry being cooked and being made to look like Pokemon and it's more Café Remix with a Paldea update, ah well. Then we get a montage of champions, only for it to be Masters EX, so ah well.

Now we get to SV news? There's a trailer of nightime, and people going to sleep? IT'S REAL, POKEMON SLEEP IS REAL and by the looks of it while the footage of people sleeping beside the pokemon could be cute it's too dark to see and it seems like it'll be an alarm system? He acknowledges we've been waiting, then shows a video for how it works. In game you have an island with a Snorlax and another professor, where the game works by checking your sleep. Sleep has a kinda low framerate, but that's beside the point, it's a game checking your sleep, but it also reveals a new peripheral, called the Pokemon Go+ that works with Go and Sleep (you have it beside the bed, it has a Pikachu voice). There's also plans to integrate sleep data in Go..... That sounds like it could be concerning.

Next is SV news, where we see new Tera raids for Paradox Suicune (Water/Dragon) and Virizion (Grass/Psychic) with new forms as and tera types. Pokemon Go will also be syncable with Go (Can get Vivillion forms with it), but not Home? No, that's coming too. Finally, we get a trailer of a kid getting off a bus, exploring a Japanese-styled festival (In Spain?), but we get a standalone art piece of characters in said festival, before showing footage of an island with E4 styled battles, only for it to be linked to Area Zero? There's two legendaries noted, Teal Mask and Indigo disk. Both are confirmed for the latter half of this year/Early 2024. There's a lot to discuss, but the Festival area was a place called Kitakami and the island was a place called Bluebell Academy. There's probably more detail I missed. And of course there's uniforms (still no customisation? I suppose that was obvious.) and an early purchase Hisuian Zoroark for getting the DLC. That's it though.

TL:DR: Almost got excited there on an anime, POKEMON SLEEP IS HAPPENING and the SV update was pretty much like Sh/Sw's similar reveal, but admittedly I think there's more detail in this one. But yeah, no hint as Gen 1 on NSO? Wow, that just puts the first video in a worse light imo.

I'm off to get my ass kicked by Leif's paralogue.

I’m definitely going to get the Paradox Legendary from the Tera Raid and the Expansion Pass. I was originally expecting that those two Paradox Legendaries that was covered in the Books at the Library were going to be involved in the Expansion Pass. I’m might save up my money for the Expansion Pass at Fall.

Edited by King Marth 64

On a related note, apparently this was leaked ahead of time by somebody on 4chan. He correctly described the content of today's announcement AND predicted some kind of upgraded Switch, be it either some slightly revised model of the existing Switch or the next big console.

I, for one, can't wait to let Hypno watch me as I sleep. Definitely not the premise of numerous creepypastas, no sirree.

The new Suicune form looks stellar! I've been wanting a Water-type attack that powers up in Sun (and the inverse) for a while now, so it's great to see realized. As for Virizion... GameFreak "make a future form that doesn't start with 'Iron' and doesn't look like a robot version of the existing Mon" challenge. Impossible! 100% failure rate.

DLC looks alright. Folks who wanted to travel to Galar are getting those hopes dashed. Setting them in "Japan" and "the Ocean" are... choices, to be sure. Really wonder if they'll replicate the "open world" feel, or else be more constrained and linear.