Imminent Dawn: Callisto

mcd900

"Be that as it may," Sia crossed her arms, and gave the group as serious a look as she could possibly manage. "We will perform our duty, and if they've accounted for our failure, or for the situation to take a turn for the worse; they'll learn quickly not to doubt. I intend to complete our task cleanly, no matter what situation arises. The outcome of this mission would be the same if I had a team of veterans, or a team of qualified rookies. If we are to entertain the idea that we may be seen as expendable by our chain of command, then we'll simply prove our case by being the ones to give the debrief when it's all said and done." 

Sia sighed, and then smiled, "Lieutenant Stewart is correct as well. We'll act as is requested, but the only way to make true on my boast is for all of us to keep an eye out for each other. First, and foremost, our mission is peacekeeping, and that means, to me, the protection of the Callistan people as well as CEN interests. Where we are to fall will come as we determine what is going on down on the surface." Scylla's point was also correct, in a sense. What exactly would CEN gain by using them as a sacrificial lamb? Of course, they were working with assumptions, but what exactly could be gained by sending them, potentially, to their deaths? Sia had a couple ideas, but none of them needed to be aired. Not yet, anyway. The primary idea was to deal with what they knew, and react to what they didn't. 

Edited by Mercenary on the Winds

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hahhhn..." Louise leaned into her hand and smiled a bit wider. "That's our captain~" Sia was impressive as always, confident and with a plan and goal in mind. A lofty plan, but the air of leadership she put forth helped to convince even Louise's pessimism that they could all get out of here without issue. The peacekeeping, however... "I will do everything in my power to protect you all, back you up, and even keep the ship safe. I'm confident in my abilities, but I am concerned about one thing; it's exactly why I mentioned that only the Lieutenant and Leon have seen real combat. Can you kill someone?" She glanced at the other pilots, looking them over. "Can you take someone's life? If peacekeeping breaks down-- and I will do everything I can to aid in it succeeding; my duties will forever come first... But."

She sat up and lost her smile, being as serious as Sia had just been. "The machines we pilot are designed to kill, and if communications break down with this unspecified 'unrest', we may have to use them to do just that. As far as I'm aware, the rest of us are fresh graduates. Some of us were recently civilians." Her eyes fell on Kazue, staring hard for a moment.

Kazue caught her staring and took a deep breath. "I... I do not believe I would be, able to kill someone. I will, do everything that I am able to do, in disarming their machines so that they may not take place in the fight anymore. I hope that will be enough..."

"... Hm." Louise had expected as much, but she hadn't expected the Ensign to be so brave and admit it in the middle of the meeting. "It might not be enough, but that'll depend on how heavily armed our 'unrest' is, and if things turn to that in the end... But, for every soldier you fail to kill, that survival could kill one of us. Keep that in mind."

Kazue flinched, sinking her head and hiding her face behind her hair, slowly nodding.

Markus looked over Kazue as she announced her inability to kill. It was... surprising, considering their conversation about accepting her death should something go wrong back in the sims. "Hmm..." With Markus, the question was actually quite easy.

"I could, and will if need be." He nodded. "I knew full well what could happen when I signed up, and I'm prepared for it."

It figured they had little knowledge of the full scope of their mission, but that was no new situation for Bonner. "If I may," He spoke up, leaning proper as he turned towards the Captain. "Like you pointed out, Captain, the odds of escalation are within the CEN's predictions, with the HEXes and armaments provided to us." He paused for a moment, seeming to hesitate his next words, "But from our pilot volume, I believe we're expected to be used as intimidation first and foremost, as well and ensuring diplomat safety. It might be worth planning around them first." It seemed like the most likely CEN goal, thinking back to their modus operandi, but that also painted the CEN's view of the resistance as quite violent. Bonner still struggled with a few questions in his mind, it seemed.

Esther got to her seat and tried to keep a low profile as discussions started, hoping her late arrival would get out of people's minds quicker this way. Still, with Louise's warning prompting a reply, she found it in herself to speak up. "I've been training all this time to be able to point a massive gun at others. If I need to kill, I will." Simple in her resolve, Esther turned a gaze to Iskra, who seemed rather opposite. "If you were so easily replaceable, they wouldn't be training me at my age. Try not to die, I know I don't plan to myself."

The conversation continued on before Alrenne found the right words to speak; he didn't see much issue in letting the speculation as to their mission continue anyways - he shared many of the same concerns himself, after all, and even the Captain was participating - but the turn the conversation was taking was one he didn't want to let spiral too deeply.

"Settle down, all of you." He briefly turned his head towards Sia. "I believe as far as the facts of the matter are concerned, that is the full sum of them." He returned to the room, scanning faces; Louise and Scylla in particular. "The CEN would not send such a force merely as a test. Most of you are in one way or another the elite of the entire CEN's pilots, and no matter how green you may be, you are all expected to be capable of your duties." He grimaced slightly. "...If the CEN does not share my beliefs, allow me to be clear that I will be holding you to them regardless. This, of course, extends to rendering enemies incapable of combat. If any pilot is found incapable of performing in a real battle scenario, then the appropriate actions will be taken."

Alrenne adopted a stern look... sterner than typical, more accurately. "Until then, I will not brook my pilots casting undue aspersions on one another." A bit abrupt of a time to remind them of discipline; but it was better for them to think of the Captain kindly and him poorly than the other way around.

"Regarding operational details... There is a dock in the lunar capital, Remansburg, which should be capable of supporting the Dawn. The Dawn will enter the atmosphere some distance away, then progress at low altitude to the city. From there, we'll begin diplomatic talks."

"These aspersions are not undue, XO." Louise met his stern look with one that read, quite blatantly, 'shut up'. "I need to know if the people that I am covering are capable of covering each other and themselves. Kazue has admitted she isn’t; that's a liability on the field and one that needs to be accounted for. I'd like to hear from everyone, if we can manage it. Knowing how willing they are to take life in this uneasy peace will grant me peace of mind, so pardon the infraction, but I must once again ask the rest of them to speak up with their answer. Punish me if you see fit, but with such a unique squad, all corners must be covered. Surely you understand?" Her eyes didn't leave him the entire time she was speaking.

"For what it's worth," she started, finally looking away from him, "when it comes to life on the battlefield, I will have no issues taking it. I figured that would go without saying, since I brought this up, but I should make it clear. If anyone steps into a weapon like a HEX, they should be ready for the consequences." She adjusted her gloves idly as she spoke, eyes staring at the table-- staring far off somewhere else, her words cold as ice.

Well, Leon expected this at some point. If anything he was about to bring it up if Louise didn't. Not everyone answered yet, but Kazue did admit to not being able to take a life. He gave her a glance, a neutral one at that, but the man was worried for her well being. That's one, guess I'll do my best to look out for her. Bonner was the one he was least worried about, Markus and Esther answered and while they were satisfactory he wondered about Markus a little. Esther he had no grasp on at all. Alrenne did his best to move the topic along, but Louise was quick to bite back. "Heh, you're gonna go far with drive like that, Miss Park." Leon spoke up and looked her in the eye. "So you say you're fine with taking a soldier's life if need be? You seem like one of the pilots I need to worry about the least, but I hope that confidence can carry you to the point where you have to pull the trigger."

The red haired man turned his gaze back to Alrenne. "I also agree, this is important. I know everyone here signed on the dotted line, but as a team we need to be on the same wavelength. I'm not expecting us all to sing Kumbaya around a campfire and be best friends, but we have to work together to survive. So knowing each other's MO is important." He turned his gaze to the rest of the room. "Regardless of how people feel about me, I will kill to keep my team safe. I want everyone back on this ship in good shape, so if I get a little crazy out there I apologize. Just all part of the job." He gave off a small smile.

Daeran offered Kazue a gentle smile as she meekly took her seat next to him, likely feeling embarrassed both by being late and her loud entrance announcing said lateness. As the meeting began proper the young man remained silent, hand neatly folded over each other, posture upright and rigid in his seat. The overall... Lack, yes, lack of information about their mission made him shift in his seat some; though, his face remained neutral his worries still hidden away for now. What the hell is happening on Callisto for such a mess of a mission to have been issued? His brow furrowed, more so as Louise let to light what he'd been thinking. It was reassuring to not be the only one thinking as such, but at the same time disconcerting. His own thoughts could be dismissed as paranoia; the consensus of group could not be. At least, not as easily.

The conversation shifted again, now to a perhaps inappropriate, but all too important, question leveled at every pilot in the room. A few managed to get their answers out before the XO tried to shut down the conversation, as well as Leon after the fact. His gaze fell on Louise. How much did the woman know? How much did everyone else know? He wasn't keeping secrets, but he also wasn't announcing his status to the entire crew. However, Louise seemed like she did her research, resourceful, nosy. If there was anyone on the ship other than the Captain that knew, it was most likely her. The question had been posed to all pilots, but he wondered if she was interested in even half of the answers she stood to receive.

He'd been struggling with the answer as they approached Callisto, attempting to mentally prepare himself for the battlefield that awaited him there. Not one fought in HEXes, but one fought with interviews, paparazzi, trick questions meant to produce easily twistable statements. No one knew he was coming, but he was sure the entire moon would be aware as soon as a day after he set foot on the terraformed surface of his home. "Hahh..." A quiet sigh escaped him, shifting some in his seat as he pushed those thoughts away for later. He had to focus on the now, at least as long as he was in this meeting. "If our investigation comes to the point where we are forced into combat, then I will not hesitate to take the enemy's life. If the situation has already deteriorated to the point that we are needed in a combat capacity, then the unrest is already a threat to the safety of the Callistran people." Or at least he seriously hoped they were.

"Louise." Sia's voice broke out through the heavy question. A calm, yet stern look on the captain's face, "I would appreciate it if you were not speaking back to your superior officer in such a manner. Whether or not you agree with his stance, his words carry weight... as do mine." She turned to her XO with the same look on her face, "I do believe that this question has merit. Though, to be clear, I expect everything in our power to be done to safeguard as many lives as is possible. Whether CEN expects us to prepare for combat, and to take lives is secondary to me; the wellbeing of all parties involved is first priority. If all other options fail, then, yes, a willingness to take care of the enemy in front of us is pertinent." Sia's eyes glanced over at Daeran; his response was as could be expected. A talk with him later would probably be for the best, but she had to continue here and now, first. 

"That said, I agree with the XO's worry of undue aspersions. The death of an enemy combatant is not the only way to subdue an opponent." Her face lightened ever so slightly, "If there was someone I was going to trust with rendering an opponent incapable of prolonged hostilities, it would be a martial artist. Still, Ensign, that does come with the understanding that Lieutenant Park is correct; you will have to be thorough if you choose that route, and that itself comes with risks. The people here are as reliant on you, as you are them; a choice you make can and will affect them." 

Sia turned to the hologram beside her, "The rest of you may answer as you wish, but our conversation continues to our objective. So we will heading for Remensburg, once we approach the atmosphere, I would like for all of you to be on alert just in case our approach stirs up conflict. By that point, any adjustments to your HEXes should be complete as well." 

Louise flinched as Sia spoke her name, not expecting to be reprimanded for speaking out so suddenly. "... Yes, Captain. Mmm... My apologies to the XO for speaking out of turn... I..." She bit her lip for a moment and sunk into her chair ever so slightly, "was getting too comfortable with the way we've been carrying ourselves during this trip. And perhaps... Too relaxed for military conversation. I will carry myself better." She felt herself shrink further, a wave of embarrassment and regret hitting her. She still wanted answers, of course, but to be made an example of to get them was beyond her agenda and made her wish she could take it back. Perhaps if he'd been so kind as to let everyone speak their mind before shutting me down... Ugh, rank. If he's such a 'superior officer' then he should know I'm right. Dammit all... She fixed her posture, and to most onlookers, her face remained stoic, but a slightly wrinkling of the nose, a twitch in her eyebrow, an uncomfortable shuffle-- she was clearly eating at herself over this, to anyone paying close attention.

"I... Y-Yes. I am aware, Captain." Kazue spoke up a bit, glancing at Daeran for a moment. "Perhaps it is too greedy of me, but if I am able, I would much rather debilitate an enemy machine instead of destroy it. Especially on a mission such a this. We are not aware of any terrorists or insurgents that would require such, heavy handed methods, so... I will overcome the gap that presents itself from leaving a combatant alive, should it come to it, and also protect my allies. It is the least that I can do."

"Mmm..." Bonner felt a bit sidestepped, perhaps he'd just chosen a poor time to speak up. "Is there anything else to discuss, Captain, XO? From the look of things, that's all the intel we'll get until we can contact Callisto proper." Unfortunate, but something they'd have to make do with. "I'd be interested to hear what the diplomats on board think, if possible."

"And to answer Lieutenant Park's query... you don't get to my age without accepting sad truths in the battlefield." Turning to Louise, Bonner gave a soft, knowing smile. "Rest assured."

"Hah..." For Esther, it was an amusing sight to see Louise all deflated like that. "Don't worry, Lieutenant Park. You're still the genius." Leaning forward and crossing her arms, Esther smirked as she traded quick glances between Louise and Sia. So they're on first name basis already huh? Hmph... Somebody is working fast. Perhaps a bit incensed from her failings in the simulation, and mockery at the hand of a certain shut in, Esther could burn a hole in Louise's skull with her jealous glare.

Louise shot daggers into Esther, but didn't bite back; she was above verbal retorts to such petty taunts, even if she wouldn't bother to hide her feelings about them. Cocky little upstart. Just because you're a newtype, you're free to say whatever you please. Hmph. Your performance in the sims was DISMAL, brat. Keep your mouth shut until your abilities reflect the ego over such words. Honestly... Louise shut her eyes, sighed, and let her simmering calm down, focusing on the matters at hand. Esther's jab had been quite close to home, but it didn't need more than angry eyes in response.

Iskra had somehow pulled further into herself during the conversation about killing people, knees tight against her chest and arms pulling them even closer. It wasn't that she didn't know it was going to come up. She knew she would have to kill people. Of course she did. She didn't have to like it, but she would do her job. Everyone talking about it so bluntly though, and all the emotions that came with it, that was the issue. She wanted nothing more than to be back in her room, listening to music. Still, seeing Louis be reprimanded and then for Esther to jab at her when she was already down... She'd started to open her mouth to say something when she was hit with Louise's emotions, the anger and frustration. She winced, head starting to pound, and closed her mouth, opting instead to carefully slide her phone out and type a quick message to Louise.

[You're fine. Valid question and worries. Captain isn't mad. Esther just... annoyed? Something. Don't worry about her.]

It was probably laughable, her telling someone not to worry, but it was true. Louise was just looking out for the group and shouldn't worry about Esther's jabs.

And as soon as the storm had come, it subsided. Louise caught Iskra's message out of the corner of her eye and softened in an instant, letting out a quiet sigh as her tension deflated. She couldn't respond in the middle of a meeting; it would be unprofessional, beyond what she'd already done, but she would when they were finished speaking, happily. Yes... I'm fine. Nothing I did was wrong. Overreacting, Louise, and letting the brat get to you. Iskra is right... Listen to your friends.

Boy, everything sure escalated quickly. Scylla wondered, for the slightest of moments, if she was the normal one here, with how much people were getting worked up over it. Of course, she stopped thinking that when she realized that, no, she really wasn’t. Might as well throw her two cents in.

”I mean…” Scylla waved her hand around, gesticulating perhaps more than she should have. “I’m not gonna be happy about having to do it, but I’ll kill if I have to.” After all, how was she gonna protect people if she couldn’t put down someone who was threatening her comrades? “But, uh, from the looks of it, I get the feeling some of us are gonna end up throttling each other before we even get out there with real hostiles. No offense.”

Alrenne's brow furrowed further. This was going rather distinctly differently than he'd hoped... the pilots of the Dawn were unlike any complement he'd worked alongside before.

"Perhaps I was too... brusque. Put directly, I have confidence in all of your capabilities. You've all passed the physical and psychological piloting assessments. Nothing more. If anyone has any concerns they'd like to address individually, you know where my office is."

He tapped the display on his personal comm, transitioning the display on the holoprojector. Sets of blueprints of a few different machines began to appear. "Moving on, a brief threat assessment. I'll keep this short and simple; again, we're not looking to start a fight." 

Mass-production Gen1 HEXes displayed in sequence first; a variety of manufacturers, none particularly out of the ordinary, a spacefighter here and there. Alrenne clicked through briskly. "These are the types we can expect to find in the Callisto security forces' possession. Nothing unusual, surplus from the wars." Then, a series of worker HEXes, all painted distinctly in red. "Avyndor Heavy Industries make laborers... You'll see these everywhere. Can't miss the company logo. Lastly..." A CEN-2 came up on screen, in standard colors; navy blue with pale white accents. "I don't need to tell you all what these are, half of you probably trained in one of these. Not many in number, and they're all performing security up on the Jupiter-orbit colonies, so we're not expecting any assistance."

"Right, now that we're through that. Our plan upon arrival is to dock at the shipyard in the capital; it's the only one remotely capable of accommodating the Dawn. Then, the Captain, our diplomatic representatives from Earth, and a small number of pilots serving as local security will meet with the colony leader. The CEN ambassador to Callisto, Ambassador Virion, will also be present - we'll contact the embassy as we arrive, and meet him there."

"Our diplomats are Diana Ryeilleur and Jin Huang. They've been quite busy preparing during our voyage, and given the size of the ship odds are you haven't met them. Either way, I believe we should be able to leave any official proceedings to them, if all goes well."

"Diana, and Jin..." Sia looked over at Bonner, "Perhaps we'll have to pay them a visit together, Bonner. I expect that everything will be fine, but more information is always better than not. The ambassador is good news as well; if he's the same Virion that I'm aware of then he'll be knowledgable on CEN protocol--he's a former strategist for CEN, and quite a good one." A short lived strategist, but one who did fantastic work when he was a part of CEN. A Callistan native who returned to Callisto to become the ambassador for the Callistan people, and was well regarded because of it. With all three diplomats, hopefully things would go smoothly, and Sia wouldn't have minded a chance to meet the ambassador herself. 

The blueprints that flashed by reminded Sia just how far ahead technologically they were here. They could expect to see mostly Gen 1 units, as well as workers, with a couple CEN-2 units sprinkled in, so if it came down to it, hardware wouldn't be an issue. It would be the composure of her pilots, and their cohesion, and a glance over them brought a few concerns to Sia's mind. Louise seemed to have found something to calm herself down; being reprimanded had bothered her, but she was doing better now. Esther had been glaring at her though, so perhaps there was something there to look into. "We'll discuss the pilots who will be on that detail once we arrive. At this point in time, are there any further questions regarding the information that we do have? I admit that is a little frustrating to have such limited information, but it is what we signed up for, and we can't expect much more than that."

"No further questions, Captain." Louise had settled, and even if she hadn't gotten satisfactory answers from everyone, she didn't want to push the issue and upset herself at this point. We'll just have to land and see how truly bad things are, firsthand. She didn't want to volunteer to be on hand with the detail, either. She was good in military settings, but even then, only sometimes, as the meeting was proving. Getting into an argument during peace talks would be troublesome, to say the least.

"I, uhm..." Kazue raised her hand as if this was a class, slowly lowering it and looking over at the captain. "I would like to volunteer to be local security. I do not know the first thing when it comes to multinational diplomacy, but I am positive that I am unmatched in close quarters. If someone were to pull a knife or a gun, I would be able to disarm and subdue them before anyone else could react, I believe. I am even faster than some augmentations. Please allow me to come along."

The meeting continued on after Daeran put in his thoughts, and it was an expected answer from a politician's son. Leon simply left things where they were and refocused on Alrenne. It seemed like the peacekeeping tour was more legit than he thought, he just hoped it would stay that way despite his better judgement bothering him. Alrenne moved onto the next step in the plan in that some of the pilots would have to be security for some diplomats, it seemed like it was up his alley and Kazue had volunteered already. He moved to do so himself, until he heard a familiar name. "!" Virion Altair. While they hadn't met face to face, the name still got to the red haired man. He was a target in one of his most important missions, and on top of that it was a mission that went wrong. "..." He leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. The normally talkative and open man became as quiet as a mouse, it was quite out of character for him so he expected to be called out. Settle down. He doesn't know your face, at least...I don't think he would. That mission was behind closed doors.

"Certainly, Captain - it would be prudent to introduce ourselves formally in advance. That's a good idea." He nodded towards Kazue, who was ever-so-formally requested to be a part of the diplomatic detachment. "Ah. Very good. To be honest, I was already considering putting you on the detail; I'll mark your name down. I'll select the remaining pilots to accompany us a little later on, if there are no other volunteers at this time."

He took a long look around the room, quietly taking a slightly longer breath than usual. "Alright. If there are no other questions... that the Captain and I are able to answer at this time... then you are all dismissed. It's three days to Callisto. Sharpen your minds, and let us proceed and present the CEN's best."

JULY 10TH, 2174
13:29
CEN BATTLESHIP IMMINENT DAWN
CALLISTO SURFACE - APPROX. 150 MILES FROM REMANSBURG

The engines of the Dawn roared as it continued steadily on its course to the Callistan capital, though through the thick armored hull of the ship and noise dampeners, it was little more than a low rumble to those inside. Alrenne gazed out the frontal viewport of the bridge, watching over the terrain. Hmm. Out here, it still hasn't been terraformed... despite that, there's still the occasional settlement. These people are either quite dedicated to Avyndor Heavy, or very interested in their own privacy... Interesting. In about twenty miles or so we'll reach the edge of the industrial zones, probably just warehouses and the like... Still a hundred miles or so to civilization proper.

Over towards the port side of the bridge, at the radar station, Ensign Kiria was leaning back in her chair, only one eye open, lazily looking at the empty screen as the display cycled; Warrant Officer Reed to her right, sitting straight up, monitoring the occasional transmission. Nothing but enthusiast signals and local radio... Until they got closer to the capital city, the passive interference from years of wars wouldn't allow communication - even all the way out on the remote moon.

Alrenne picked up the intercom, keying it. "All hands, we are one hundred and fifty miles to the capital. Prepare for landing in half an hour."

Kiria blinked her other eye closed for a moment, slowly opening it, sighing. Ugh, I'm not gonna do aaaaanything this whole mission... then, the screen began to fuzz at the edge. "Mmhuh...?" She glanced at it again - rubbed the sleep out of her eyes - and sat up, staring at it now. It cycled again - and this time, more of the screen was covered with the creeping static. N-No way. "U-Um, XO, sir...? There's... there's something on the screen. Um, it looks like... interference, sir."

The Lt. Commander looked over, a sudden furrow appearing on his brow. "...Interference. Combat, out here? That's..." He sighed heavily. Sure, there was the possibility that some kind of R&D was happening out in the more remote areas of the moon... but at the same time, the price to be paid for making such an assumption was more than he'd like. He clicked the intercom again, his voice resounding through the ship's interior speakers.

"Belay previous order. All hands, ready stations. Pilots to the hangar bay, standby in your machines. Potential unknowns ahead." Potential. Was he hoping for too much?

"Should I increase engines, XO?" Tristan had no view of the local radio and radar, not from his station, but he'd been monitoring the ship's engines just in case the worst came upon them. "If we need to speed up, I can stress the engines to get us to the capital ten minutes faster. There would be repairs on arrival, but if it's serious..." They couldn't do this often, not just because they'd stress out the engineers, but because eventually, permanent damage would occur. "I await your orders." Either way, he started charting a new course, skirting past a few of the moon's natural mountain ranges just to cut a scant few minutes from their travel.

Louise was out of her room in an instant, pilot suit on below her military uniform. She didn't quite appreciate the feel of it, but she liked that it covered her leg. The hangar would be upon her in minutes. No extra details, eh? What are we running into that he wants all pilots on standby? Rebels? Has Avyndor misidentified us? Are aliens finally real? ... Hmhm, no, that's impossible. "Well, nothing to be done about it but to be ready. I'll show them all just how ready for live combat I am..." She tugged tightly on one of her gloves, the faintest smile slipping onto her face.

Kazue was dashing through the halls, pilot suit on under her pants and jacket like on their simulation day, except this time she'd get a real suit on over it. "Real combat... Real combat, real combat, real combat... You can handle this. You do not have to kill anyone, and you also do not have to give up anyone on the squad to achieve this. You simply have to perform much better. You can do this! You are strong! You are capable! The limits of the machine do not mean they are your limits! Overcome! Achieve! Save everyone that you can with your own two hands!" She kept going, pepping herself up as she ran through the halls. She would do this, or she'd die trying, before anyone else...

Sia quickly hurried her way down the hall, hair still glistening as she hadn't really taken the time to dry it after washing herself down. As they approached the city, she had gone to the pool for her exercise, and to calm her jitters. The reality of the mission was starting to dawn on her, and they were so very close now. She'd been on her way out when the message hit her communicator, and she hurriedly showered, and got her things on. Moments later, she found herself on the bridge, "May I have a status report, XO? What's happened?" She fixed her hat as she spoke. Nerves had to be shelved for the time being, and if this were to be combat, it wouldn't be anything different than what she experienced under Admiral Erichtonius. 

Amy hopped up as the order came on the intercom. She'd been tinkering with Kazue's machine, modifying it ever so slightly, but that was coming to an end as they needed to be prepared. She pulled her jumpsuit halfway on, struggling a bit with the zipper over her chest, before throwing her hands up, and just holding it to her shoulder as she moved to meet with the other engineers to receive their orders. Never a dull moment, huh? Just how I like it, I guess... 

Markus had been in his quarters practicing. What exactly?

K.O

YOU WIN

Getting up early each morning to practice a bit of Tekken before the rest of the day became a normal thing for the blonde. He didn't want to go on a night-long loss streak to Vivien again. Once he got his last game in, it was like clockwork.

"Almost there? Hah..." Markus had been a bit anxious about this mission to the capital for a bit. He wasn’t gonna tell anyone that, and he was gonna do what he needed to. He gathered his things, getting into his flight suit first, since other crewmembers started doing it for convenience. After, was his uniform.

Fully suited up, he brushed an extra bit of hair out of his eyes. "Well, I guess it's about that time. Let's come back alive, eh Mick?" He gave a sigh and left his room. He made his way to the hangar. No need to rush until the ship is suddenly shot at.

As soon as the announcement came out over the ship's speakers, Miz crawled under her bed's blanket and pulled put her phone, flipping through names. "Ah..."

[Markus?]

[Please be safe out there.]

[You're really sweet, and fun... And I'd like to talk with you more. So be safe. I'll be waiting to hear the good news.]

She quickly flipped up to Iskra before she could see a reply, a bit embarrassed by her honesty.

[Iskra!!]

[Idk what the announcement was about, but stay safe! I still wanna watch more movies and hang out and talk with you a lot more! So. Take care of yourself if it becomes a battle... okay?]

"Hahh... Breathe, Miz. Breathe... You're not even the one in any danger..."

"Whooaaaaa fuck, combat standby? What's going on?" Viv set her controller down and spun her chair over to the security cams, not seeing anything out of the ordinary for such a call. "Must be something on main radar... not stuff I have access to, yawn. Mmm..."

She pulled up her comms and flipped to Esther.

[If u die it means I was better than u]

She smirked and then moved down to Markus.

[We have to play games again or watch anime so you have to live!!! Got it!?!?????!]

"That'll do. Heh."

Markus's phone suddenly began going off as he walked. He moved to the side as he read what he got from Miz. His cheeks went into a mild blush but he gave a smile. He went to reply.

[Don't worry, I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I got a lot to ask, so I gotta make it back, okay? See ya then. <3]

As he hit enter, there was a notification from Vivien. "Hah, little shorter than she normally posts."

[Don't worry Viv. I haven't practiced Tekken to get my runback for nothing.]

He sent the message and went back on his way.