(FE13) Retro draft

Gradivus.

just a clarification question, in the rules it says that items gained from tiles and the barracks are banned. Is the barracks banned completely? or just items recieved from it?

IE. can i use xp from birthdays and such.

Having discussed the Paralogue rule with @lapismaid, we found that it would be fairer to make Paralogues free up to 20 turns again, as opposed to 10 turns.

The reason I put 10 turns into the rule (under Rules, no. 6) is that I misremembered some older drafts and thought this was actually a thing in Awakening, Turns out we only reduced to Paralogues to 10 turns in three houses once, which isn't comparable to Awakening.

In Awakening, allowing Paralogues up to 20 turns is the norm so the Paralogues aren't too restrictive, especially for players with a weak earlygame team, and also because some of the children chapters might become too hard if you only have 10 turns.

@T_7 @Ignisol Please tell me if you have any objections to this. If not, then it's official and we can all take a little more time in the paralogues.

Then it's decided, 20 turns for paralogues it is!

MyUnit:

Spoiler

KIJCFKN.jpgKIJCFKN.jpg

Premonition 2/2 turns

Chrom and Lorenz invalidated Validar with a Dual Strike

Prologue 3/5 turns

Went up through the center. Chrom and Robin ganged up on the first Myrm, Fred blocked the way on turn 1 so Lissa isn't in any danger. Chrom tanked both Fighters on turn 1.

Turn 2, the next course of action depends on where the Mage below the boss area moved. It's more convenient if they move left, but in the final clear, they moved down and left, so Fred couldn't kill them. Instead, I improvized and had to use Dual Strikes with Chrom and Lorenz so they can kill both Mages by the end of turn 3. Meanwhile, Fred counterkilled both boss area Myrms with Silver Lance on turn 2 and killed the boss on PP+EP of turn 3.

C1 3/8 turns

VIRION STRATS

Turn 1, Fred moved ahead with Bronze Sword. Lorenz went below him, tradeswapped him to Bronze Sword and attacked the nearby Fighter. Chrom then finished it off, needing either a Rapier crit or one Dual Strike in two rounds of combat to kill the fighter.

EP, the Merc attacked Chrom because Lorenz was not in range thanks to the L-shaped formation they were standing in (see first screenshot).

Turn 2, Fred killed the upper Fighter in the center from above with Silver Lance. Lorenz attacked the Merc that attacked Chrom on turn 1, failing to kill because Chrom didn't dual strike (this doesn't matter because Lorenz can survive two Mercs and an Archer). Chrom then went below Fred and killed the other Fighter with a DS from Fred. Sully attacked the lower Mercenary from the right. There were no enemies for Virion to attack, so he just moved as far as possible while staying out of the enemies' range.

EP, Fred counterkilled the upper Fighter. The archer attacked Lorenz, and so did the two Mercenaries. The upper Merc died on EP because it already took two hits before. The other two enemies just took some damage.

Turn 3, Fred attacked the boss with Silver Lance. Chrom attacked the Archer, but failed to kill because Lorenz didn't dual strike. Virion finished off the Mercenary that already took damage from Sully and Lorenz. Sully attacked the boss and Lorenz finished it off.

On EP, the archer was the last enemy remaining and was only able to attack Chrom or Virion. Thanks to Virion's lower Def, he's the preferred target, so the archer attacked him and died on EP.

Spoiler

IqBeAiE.jpgMUsNi4v.jpgVXrL4aL.jpg

C2 3/11 turns

Legalizing meatshields was worth it for my turncount, but not so much for Lissa and Stahl.

I don't even properly remember all the details because it somehow worked on the first attempt where I tried sacrificing undrafted units.

Fred fullmoved ahead thrice to reach the boss. Lissa died to distract the Merc near the start on turn 1 (having traded her heal staff to Lorenz). The nearest Fighter was killed on PP by Sully, Virion and Lorenz. Stahl moved way ahead on turn 1 and took some damage on EP. Vaike also served as a meatshield to ensure my drafted units don't die.

Turn 2, Stahl went to the tile left of the right fortress in the boss area. EP, two Mercenaries killed him - this was important because the Mercenary in the right section of the boss area would normally move left and down (where Fred is), which makes it impossible for Fred to kill it on EP3. Stahl's sacrifice made sure that the Merc was closer to the boss on turn 3.

On turn 3, Fred attacked the boss with Silver Lance and counterkilled it on EP. He also counterkilled all nearby enemies (needing a str proc to OHKO fighters reliably).

In the lower section, Miriel and Vaike continued to be used as disarmed meatshields, but they survived. The drafted units somehow managed to defeat all the remaining enemies in the area.

Spoiler

CjmokES.jpg

v8jAgss.jpg

C3 4/15 turns

Chrom recruited Kellam, who then moved right and gave all his equipment to Virion. Virion then gave it to Sully. Fred went right and attacked the nearest Soldier with Iron Lance, allowing Sully to finish them off with Javelin. Lorenz moved forward, but stayed out of enemy range.

EP1, an Archer and the Door Key!Merc attacked Sully, who had to kill the Merc with a DS from Fred to obtain the door key (Iron Lance!Fred was actually strong enough for this). The remaining Soldier attacked Fred because Sully was out of range. Chrom was attacked by a Soldier and an Archer from the left.

Turn 2, Virion and Lorenz finished off the two remaining enemies near Sully and Fred - if Sully and Fred didn't get more dual strikes on EP, a DS is needed to get rid of the Archer. Chrom retreated and used a Vulnerary. Sully opened the right door and Fred moved above her to counterkill the Knight.

Turn 3, Fred positioned himself within range of Hammertime with an Iron Sword, Lorenz gave a Bronze Sword to Sully to fill up her inventory. Sully went within range of the boss area Merc and used a Vulnerary. Chrom retreated further, and Virion entered the range of the other archer from the right. EP, Fred counterattacked against Hammertime and Sully got attacked by the Merc, which gave her some exp.

Turn 4, Sully moved behind Hammertime, finished him off and used her full inventory to drop the Hammer into the convoy. Kellam, Sumia and Lorenz organized a tradechain to give the Hammer to Fred.

Chrom and Virion ganged up on the archer for exp and Fred ORKOed Raimi with the Hammer.

UNIT       CLASS                LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP
Chrom      Lord                  3.70 21  7  1  9  9  6  9  1 D Swd
Lorenz     Tactician             4.53 19  9  6  7 11  3  6  4 E Swd D Mgc
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/3.11 30 15  2 14 11  7 16  4 D Swd A Lnc D Axe
Sully      Cavalier              4.20 22  9  1  9  9  7  8  3 E Swd D Lnc
Virion     Archer                3.70 20  6  1 10  6  8  6  2 D Bow

Edited by Gradivus.

Robin is Robin. Default M!Robin to be precise. Robin is +Mag -Luk.

Premonition (2/2): Need a dual strike to 2-turn. This is already incredibly toxic lmao.

Prologue (3/5): Chrom and Robin combine powers to kill the first Myrm. From there, magical t-block formation is a go!

image.png.dfc4682dcea20d903da9c13501194091.png

Chrom + Robin DSes can kill Barbs on EP if they don’t roll 22 HP, but if they don’t kill it isn’t a huge deal as long as they die between this EP and next. On Turn 2 Robin then Chrom combine forces to kill the first Mage, and Frederick moves into position to bait the Myrms with the Bronze Sword. 
The Silver Lance can be used and it makes this chapter much more reliable, at the cost of not funneling EXP into Chrom and Robin, which I definitely think has value for this early in the game. Also saves some Silver Lance uses. 

Turn 3 Robin kills one of the Myrms that attacked Fred, clearing the way for Chrom to go up and use the Rapier on the Mage - he must score a crit or a Fred Dual Strike to kill him now. Fred then moves up and attacks the boss with Bronze Sword. EP, stuff dies attacking Robin and Fred and the map is cleared.

Chapter 1 (3/8): Not terribly complicated, but pretty luck reliant. Robin and Chrom tag team to deal with the Fighter near the start, then Robin takes the northern fort, uses Lissa’s Vulnerary, and just sorta kills things up there. Fred and Chrom head south to clear out enemies and prevent too many from attacking Robin. When the boss approaches, it’s very important that both Fred and Chrom are able to attack him without exposing Chrom to the Archer - either by Robin killing him, or by positioning so that the Archer cannot reach him, so he attacks Robin on EP. Also important that the boss can reach him and die on EP. Like so: 

image.png.d563dbd810627133a5a59422e47ba352.png

Robin barely survives the EP, but barely surviving is still surviving. He got a ton of EXP from all the EP tanking he had to do so he’s solid now. 

Chapter 2 (4/12): Don’t think I have the manpower to 3 turn this without an *obscene* amount of luck. Everyone heads up and kills things. This map is very Dual Strike reliant honestly to the point that recounting my exact strategy wouldn’t really work out. That said, Miriel and Vaike both were absolutely very helpful in clearing out the bottom. Worked a bit on getting Miriel and Robin’s support up where I could, I’m planning for a Super Laurent eventually after all. Fred charged north and killed stuff. Like the boss. 

Chapter 3 (4/16): Went up the right. Miriel, Fred, and Robin combined forces to get the Hammer dude (needed a Robin hit + Fred DS) while Fred killed the boss with the Silver Lance. Recruited Kellam on the last turn because I could, his free stuff is nice.

Paralogue Donnel (18 free): Training arc. Got the treasures (Rescue my beloved, you’ll have a use someday I promise) and fed a ton of EXP to Chrom, Robin, and Miriel. Vaike killed the boss and got a damn good level which was kinda funny.

Chapter 4 (3/19): Went forward. Fred baited and ORKOd a Mage on EP, then got into position to bait “Marth” and one of the Knights with Silver Lance, chunking the first and ORKOing the second. Vaike EPd the other Knight with Hammer. Everyone else killed stuff that got baited over Turn 1. Cleanup turn 3 was pretty sketchy but it worked out.

Chapter 5 (6/25): I dunno if this is really feasible to do any faster. Fred can’t double anything but the mages so it’d be heavily reliant on Killer Lance crits and such which sounds terrible. Miriel got a lot of kills here, and Lonk of course handled the bottom.

Chapter 6 (4/29): Robin and Miriel on the right, everyone else left. “Marth” dying was actually pivotal here so the Dark Mage would die to Miriel on EP. It also just happened to funnel a lot more EXP onto her, so happy coincidences and such. Fred charged the boss and had to get a Killer Lance crit to actually kill him in time so that was fun. oh and Lonk killed Gaius, rip.

Chapter 7 (4/33): Again, not sure this can really be done much faster (at least, within my own messy standards of reliability). Charged forward, Fred lured the boss and Miriel killed him.

Chapter 8 (6/39): Uuuuuuugh. Gregor and Nowi both died (they went left to get the Master Seal, which they succeeded at), Miriel ran down to the Second Seal, Vaike got the Rescue, everyone killed things. 

Paralogue Anna 1 (12 free): Got Miriel to Lv. 15 on Turn 1 and then promoted to Sage. Lonk hit Lv 10 and reclassed to Wyvern Rider. He got a whole 100 exp off killing the boss, funny shit. Anna died and the village got destroyed but eh. Robin and Miriel got married afterwards.

Chapter 9 (3/42): This was an interesting one. So first turn, Miriel moves down and Rescues Frederick, who moves onto the top tile of the leftmost fort and attacks the mage with Hand Axe. Next, Lonk moves next to Miriel and attacks the mage, needing either to dodge a 65% attack, get a Dual Strike, or dodge the Archer on EP. Everyone else moves into position. On EP, Fred counters lots of stuff, and leaves a Dark Mage just barely alive (unequipped Luna for reliability). 

Turn 2, Miriel moved just one tile right of the corner of the wall and could barely rescue Chrom all the way down. He recruited Libra, then traded him a Hammer (slight Mt and Hit forge, tho i think the Mt was unnecessary) named Bonk!, as well as a Hand Axe. Libra moved into range of a lot of enemies to the right, with the Hand Axe equipped, to lure them closer. Everyone else killed stuff or moved into position. Turn 3, Miriel got on the left fort by the boss and Rescued Libra, who moved up and either smacked the boss, or equips hammer and uses a Concoction for EP killing. Miriel kills everything on EP, with a handful of stragglers picked off by everyone else. RIP Tharja.

image.png.b7c27a110e8f931dcf88072caba64196.png

Chapter 10 (3/45): Miriel Rescued Lonk ahead. He flew up to Mustafa and bopped him with a Bronze Axe forge. Everyone else self-improved or killed thieves. Rescued Fred over with Libra to OHKO the Master Seal and Seraph Robe thieves.

Chapter 11 (3/48): Miriel got Rescued down to the left by Libra on Turn 1 with help from an Olivia Dance. She EP’d everything except for 1 merc who got KE crit by Chrom on Turn 3 EP. Fred baited a couple enemies in the magic side (the Sage and a Mage), then left the rest of the work to Robin. Chrom worked with Olivia to clean them up. Turn 2 Miriel baited Gangrel, and leaves him with exactly enough HP that Fred can come in with the Silver Lance and KO on Turn 3. 

Chrom and Olivia got married afterwards, as planned. Whoo, Chrom!Inigo, let's go?

Chapter 12 (6/54): Sent Miriel, Robin, and Fred directly north, everyone else left. Very stupid map. Chrom reclassed to Cavalier in the middle of it, at least? I could definitely get 5 turns if I tried harder here but the lack of terrain makes routing a bunch of things on EP an unreliable pain at this point for the team. That said, sending Fred north with Miriel was worth it because she has C support (boosting her avoid even further with Robin also adjacent) and he was able to pick off a couple dudes with Beastkiller. At least I have Cherche now?

Paralogue Villagers (20 free): Had the boss waste the Elixir so Cherche could get more EXP. Actually fed kills to Olivia amidst the dance spam lmao.

Paralogue Anna For Real (13 free): Lonk got to Lv 10 and promoted to Wyvern Lord. He is very large now. Olivia ruined the dance+staff grinding setup on the last enemy with a low% crit, rip. Took the Chest Key from Donnel’s paralogue and got the Large Bullion.

Chapter 13 (1/55): Danced Miriel up a little bit and Rescued Lonk. He bopped the boss with a Bronze Lance because he could. Everyone else got a tiny bit of EXP. Vaike and Cherche hit B support so that's nice. Gerome may exist yet!

Edited by lapismaid

So this is not only my first draft, but also my first time really playing for turn count in any form, so my inexperience will probably show pretty quick here, but hey this is all for fun anyway right? 🙂

Using +mag -lck M!robin

Pre. (2/2): Same deal as everyone else here, just reset until i got a dual strike.

Pro. (4/6): I greeded a little bit to try and get more xp on robin and chrom as well as trying to build support with lissa and robin in this chapter so it was a 4 turn. Through the middle turn 1 with chrom + robin dual strikes to take out the barbs, then running at the boss.

Chapter 1 (4/10): Another chapter where not really wanting to reset for amazing luck and not being super familiar with the limits of my units sees me losing a turn. Pretty standard overall. Unfortunately though lissa can't really get any xp this map because she is stuck behind the forest for most of it without the use of pair up. I think she got one heal off towards the end.

Chapter 2 (7/17): Sheesh, if it wasn't obvious I'm new to this before, now it must be. I think i just play too greedy for xp when i should just be letting fred take care of business, granted I am still stuck with just the starting 4 units(only 3 combat units).  I tried not to meatshield if possible so that probably lost me a turn or so as well.

Chapter 3 (6/23): A turn or two slower than it could have been had I not tried to train sumia as much as i did here. Are you sensing a pattern in my play yet? I actually went up the left side of the map as well which in hindsight was probably a mistake given that sumia joins a lot closer to the right. Good info for next time i guess.

Paralogue 1 (13/Free): Training arc for Sumia. Nothing really of note. Fred grabbed the rescue staff from the chest while I baited things with robin and chrom for sumia to kill. Notably i did try and focus on getting support ranks between robin + lissa and sumia + chrom (my eventual pairings). Maybe i should have tried to cheese out more staff xp and bond points between robin + lissa on the boss? Didnt think of it at the time. 

Chapter 4 (3/26): Pretty straight forward. fred ran forwards and baited "marth" on turn 1 while sumia and robin baited the enemies on the left and right. Sumia took out "marth" on PP2 and chrom baited the rest of the enemies on the right and fred the enemies on the left. Cleanup on PP3.

Chapter 5 (7/33): This one took a bit more figuring out, and I'm content with the clear I got. Chrom went west and was able to ORKO the two barbarians on EP1, and the mage on PP2, while the rest of my units went north. My Sumia at this point is strong enough to ORKO the mages and take minimal losses, and survives at least one hit from the axe fighters, so I only needed to rig one dodge on EP1 for her to survive. Fred ended up going right up towards where ricken and maribelle start and taking on the enemies up the hill there while robin and sumia handled the incoming wyverns and remaining ground units. After this chrom handled most of the reinforcements from near the middle left fort, and sumia with frederick were able to finish the last few units sitting above the top middle fort.

I think I definitely am going to need to shift my priorities a bit in the future if I want to keep up at all in terms of turn count. Definitely not a style of play that I am used to.

Guess it's my turn, my M!Robin is called Draft Ignis, and he's +Spd -Lck

Premonition: (2/2) Instead of a dual strike, I actually got lucky with a crit on my first try.

Prologue: (3/5) Chrobin ganged up on the myrm while Freddy went up towards the top left brigand. I had to get pretty lucky with Dual strikes in order to take out the brigand on the right and the mage, and Freddy took care of the boss and everyone else at the top. Lissa stood by the bottom left corner taking it easy.

Chapter 1: (4/9) I had to reset this one a few times in order to get the proper amount of dual strikes, freddy took out as many enemies as he could while Chrobin did their best against the enemies on the bottom. On turn 3 I had to rush Robin back to a fort, making the boss attack him instead of Freddy.

Chapter 2: (5/14) This one was pretty simple as well, I get Stahl here and he put in some work. Chrobin, Stahl and Freddy took down most enemies at the bottom in the first 2 turns, turns 3 and 4 Freddy rushed to the top while Chrobin and Stahl dealth with the remaining bottom enemies. Turn 5 was pretty much just the boss kill since he survived an EP against Freddy.

Chapter 3: (6/20) I chose to go to the left side to recruit Kellam right away, I traded some javelins around in order to beat all the enemies blocking the door. After that Freddy opened the door and rushed towards the boss while everybody else climbed up. My other units got a few kills while Freddy went for the boss kill.

Chapter 4: (4/24) Pretty simple chapter, but I didn't have any answers for magic users so they took a bit longer than they probably should have. Everybody went up, Chrom baited an enemy on the right, Stahl baited an enemy on the left, Kellam and Robin waited to strike and Frederick made his way up. I had to dodge the mages a bit since they would've killed Stahl or Chrom, but eventually I cleared the chapter.

Chapter 5: (10/34) God. This chapter was miserable. So much needed to go right in order for turn 1 to even be feasible, I had to reset a ton of times. The good news is that I get Maribelle this chapter, the bad news is everything else. My strategy for turn 1 is for ricken to give his items to maribelle who'd rush to the bottom to give Elwind to Robin, who was busy fighting the dark mages and axe guys at the bottom with Chrom, while Frederick, Stahl and Kellam chokepointed the middle of the map close to the fort. Robin was one point of speed away from one rounding the wyverns, so once he finally leveled up to get speed, the rest of the chapter was simply going up as much as possible. It was already turn 7 when I finally got my army near the top, and the last few turns were spent trying to deal with the boss and reinforcements.

Chapter 6: (8/42) Validar is a terrible boss to fight against. I get Panne this chapter which is wonderful (Later on she becomes the MVP of this run.) Freddy does his best to try to take care of the left side, Panne and Chrom deal with the middle, Robin, Kellam and Stahl deal with the left. By the start of turn 5, the only surviving enemy was Validar, but all my units were near death and the only one who wouldn't get one rounded was Robin, who barely did any damage in return. I had to rush Frederick and Panne closer while I used up my vulneraries and moved other units away. I finally managed to take down Validar on turn 8.

Chapter 7: (5/47) At this point I notice how punishing it is to not have any fliers. This only becomes more apparent in the next chapter. Anyway, I do my best to finish the chapter before the reinforcements trigger, at this point, Chrom can one round the Wyverns, and Panne and Robin can one round most generic enemies. Frederick mostly just one shots things with the silver lance (which is running low at this point) or he dual strikes with other people. Kellam and Stahl mostly just do chip damage, although they both got some really good level ups on this chapter. Elwind Robin takes out the boss and the top wyverns while Chrom takes out most of the wyverns at the bottom.

Paralogue 1: (9/Freebie) Pretty simple stuff, got the rescue staff, got the level for Donnel, and mainly had Stahl and Panne take care of most enemies. I tried to give the boss kill to Donnel but it didn't work out, so Stahl got it instead.

Paralogue 2: (18/Freebie) This one took a few tries, I really wanted to save the village at the top and the NPC Anna seemed to be an expert at getting herself killed. I rushed Freddy there as fast as I could, tried to give Donny some kills here and there. In the end, I trapped an archer in a corner and Donny poked it with a forged bronze lance until it died.

Chapter 8: (8/55) God. Not having any fliers or any pure mages made this one terrible to play. I did get Nowi in this chapter, (Hooray?) Everything went by so slowly, Frederick, Stahl, Kellam, Donnel, and Nowi took out most of the enemies, while Gregor (since he's a freebie for this chapter) helped out with some dual strikes. In the end he died to a mage though. Rip. Panne rushed to the right to grab the rescue staff. After taking out most of the enemies in the middle of the map, Stahl went to the left to pick up the Master seal, while Nowi went towards the master seal. Frederick and Donnel ended up getting the boss kill with a lucky dual strike. I gave the energy drop to Donnel (probably not my best idea but we'll have to see how that choice pans out.) Master seal'd Maribelle to Valkyrie, making her infinitely more useful, And second seal'd Panne to wyvern rider. Wyvern Rider Panne was ready to tear down Plegia.

Chapter 9: (5/60) I used the rescue staff. a LOT. Rescued Chrom to get him to the plain on the right instead of the sand. Rescued Panne twice, once to get her to move farther, and the other time so get her out of an enemy archer's range. I also used the staff one more time to get Robin close enough to the boss where he and tharja could kill. At the beginning, I killed some enemies through dual strike with Robin and some help from Kellam. Panne flew near to the bottoom, one rounding the archer on her way there. Stahl, Frederick, Nowi, and Donnel were kind of sitting ducks as they were stuck in the sand taking out the remaining 2 enemies, a lancer and a mage. Because of all the archers on the right, Wyvern Panne isn't as useful near the end of the map as she is in the beginning, but I'm able to get Chrom into Tharja's range, recruit her, have her, Maribelle, and Robin kill some archers so Panne can come in safely. At the end, Tharja and Robin take out the boss while building up support points.

Paralogue 3: (6/Freebie) I made an effort to grab the large bullion on the left with Tharja and Robin so I could buy more tonics and forges. I had a single door key and a single chest key entering this chapter, and by the end I had none. Stahl and Chrom put in a ton of work, with Maribelle and Nowi acting as support, Freddy got a few hits in here and there but nothing super impactful. And Kellam had some trouble keeping up but he was useful to have on turns 1 and 2. Unfortunately I couldn't get the arms scroll in time, most of my units aren't great at dealing with magical foes, so I couldn't run towards the thief as fast I would've wanted to. (I was 1 tile away from being able to block him off and kill him.)  

Chapter 10: (5/65) This was a really fun chapter, this is officially the point where Panne one rounds everything. I send her straight towards the boss, making sure I pick up the optional items along the way, specifically the Master Seal. Robin, Tharja, and Frederick deal with the bottom side, while Kellam, Chrom, Maribelle, Stahl, Donnel and Nowi take the right path to get to the top path. On turn 5, I kill all the remaining enemies I had to kill in order to get a good amount of exp, and finish off Mustafa with Panna and Stahl. I used the Master Seal from this chapter to promote Stahl.

Chapter 11: (4/69) This was probably my favorite chapter to rout. Forged Bronze axe Panne on the fort could take out all the mercs and fighters and leave the hero on low hp. Rescuing Olivia and dancing Panne allowed her to get there on turn 1. Stahl went to the bottom right with a forged javelin and he took care of most mages except for one sage who survived. Any enemies who didn't attack stahl would go for robin tharja on the right, with Tharja nosferatu tanking and Robin dual striking with a forged Iron sword. Chrom couldnt keep up much. On turn 3 PP I eliminated most of the remaining enemies and got the kill on Gangrel with one lucky hand axe hit from Panne on Turn 2's EP phase with Stahl finishing him off. On EP the remaining enemies dashed into my units and caused their own demise. UNFORTUNATELY a thief remained who didn't care for combat and ran towards the chest. I had to kill literally only the thief on turn 4 PP. After the chapter ended, Chrom and Maribelle kissed since they had a B-support together.

Overall, I lost a ton of turns in the beginning few chapters due to my lack of mages and fliers but I'm hoping to make it up now. I'm not entirely sure who to promote with the chapter 11 master seal. Robin is close hitting level 20 so he might be the best candidate. I'm also planning on reclassing both Chrom and Nowi soon, and maybe donnel will eventually reach a level where he can be useful. I've been extremely impressed with Panne's performance so far, she's only a level 12 Wyvern rider and she's my strongest unit by far. I'm thinking about reclassing Robin to assassin at some point after I get Rally spectrum and Ignis.

Edited by Ignisol

Paralogue Morgan (20 free): Training arc for Robin. He went from Lv. 5 to Lv 11.67 so Rally Spectrum coming online seems very likely now. Also got the Bullion, but nothing else. Also saved NPC!Morgan so uh, free Elfire?

Chapter 14 (2/57): Took an extra turn to feed EXP to Robin and get the Second Seal chest. Definitely worth it. Robin is Lv 13 now. Henry is doing things!

Chapter 15 (3/60): Henry did more things! Robin also is 7 EXP short of Rally Spectrum, life is PAIN. Miriel handled the beach with zero issue. Everyone else cleaned up north. Turn 1, Libra Rescued Say’ri out of harms way. 

Chapter 16 (1/61): Reclassed Miriel to Valkyrie. Without her humongous Rescue range and 8 move, this would not have been possible. Libra first Rescues her to a specific tile using bodyblock strats;

image.png.ca3e3b037fa5340c9f10809c14a985ee.png

Then, Robin needs to get a 71% dual strike to kill this Hero (and learn Rally Spectrum, hooray!)

image.png.176ca4357c0d61fa6fc70b3a17e28f56.png

Afterwards it's a simple matter of Miriel fullmoving, Rescuing Olivia, fullmoving again, and Rescuing Lonk to Bonk! Cervantes.

image.png.e4d301ee7c1c720435d2bbe6cb8957ed.png

Probably doing Laurent's paralogue next since he'll likely be a big help for Walhart 2 and a few other things. No idea about Inigo lmao.

Edit (03/24/2023):

Paralogue Laurent (20 free): Reclassed Henry to Thief, Robin and Libra to Sage. Trained up Henry to Lv 10 and promoted to Trickster. Also reclassed Laurent to Myrmidon, got him to Lv 10 to get Vantage, and then reclassed him again to Dark Mage. Cherche and Vaike hit A support, oh baybee it’s happening maybe!!!! Got all the villages and Goddess Staff. Also very important is that Lonk hit D lances.

Chapter 17 (1/62): Trickster Henry immediately paying off bigtime. Olivia, Chrom, Cherche, Lonk in the middle. Libra, Laurent, Robin, Miriel, Henry on the right, the other two on the left but they really don’t do anything.

Robin Rallies Spectrum. Then, Laurent Ruin nukes one of the War Monks at the start. Then Libra goes and Rescues Henry, who then Rescues Miriel. 

image.png.04882e470bf472ef1bda45dbf9ac01e4.png

Miriel warps up Olivia and gets danced, then warps up Lonk.

image.png.03ffa0e40ca0ca87a2076aa0e75a3cae.png

And then, Lonk bops the boss with a +3 Mt Beastkiller forge (Horse Bonk!)

image.png.673cd2d8d90196efbf0eb3abb35a97d2.png

Paralogue Inigo (20 free? i think. it was definitely within limits): Trained dudes. Got Inigo some kills here and there to ~Lv 16. Promoted Laurent to Sorcerer. Lonk killed a lot of stuff up north.

Chapter 18 (1/63): Complicated one. I’ll just let the video speak for itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQlDtJ67CVM

Chapter 19 (1/64): It’s a big open field. Walmart is unprotected. Laurent is very powerful. You do the math.

Chapter 20 (1/65): Okay, this one was actually pretty complicated. First, I had to forge a Javelin with max Mt for Lonk named Heron’t. So here’s how things go down; in the starting area, the one with 4 enemies in a square formation, Chrom moves into the absolute middle of all of them. From there, Libra moves above him and rescues Robin, who ends up 1 tile above Libra due to all others being blocked. Then, Robin moves forward and rescues Miriel. Trickster!Henry, with his 7 move, is able to then move above Libra (without 7 move this would not be possible) and Rescue Lonk. Lonk is then just barely able to reach the Hero above him with the Javelin forge. From there, Miriel runs up, rescues Olivia, then runs even further and rescues Laurent. Laurent then faces some pretty gross odds to kill Walhart:
image.png.c03330e72df4ab305ceb8a9d1348240d.png

Luckily, this didn’t take very many attempts (I also gave him a Secret Book after the first attempt, so the odds were very slightly better than in the above picture). 

Chapter 21 (1/66): Libra runs down and rescues Henry. Henry rescues Robin. Robin rescues Miriel. Miriel rescues Olivia, to rescue Laurent. Laurent kills the boss.

The fact that there aren’t enemies blocking the chokepoints like in Lunatic makes this so, SO much easier.

Paralogue Tiki (i don’t remember, but it was around 10): Deployed only Chrom and Inigo. Gave Chrom a bunch of Javelins. Had them both stand next to each other on the forest so they could just continuously dodgetank and counter enemies to build Inigo’s axe rank (dual strikes were a big help). He went from E to about 3/4ths of the way through C rank just from this. He also got quite a lot of levels. RIP Tiki though.

Paralogue Gerome (20 free): Had Inigo run forward with Hand Axes and stand on the forest to Sol Dodgetank stuff. He reached A-rank Axes just from fighting lots of stuff. Rescued all the villagers (Rescued 2 of them at the end when the enemies started swarming). Gerome was recruited, I guess? I don’t see him doing anything useful honestly.

Chapter 22 (1/67): Standard rescue shenanigans. Libra and Henry helped people reach a couple Deadlords for their drops; rigged for a Killer Axe crit from Lonk against the Helswath dude, and Chrom Horse Bonk’d the Valflame Valkyrie. Miriel brought Laurent to Aversa.

Chapter 23 (3/70): Helswath!Inigo payed off bigtime here; he had that + a Hammer in his inventory to kill the final General on Turn 3 EP. Had Laurent and Inigo take the top and bottom of the enemy swarm respectively, with the rest of the gang (mostly Miriel and everyone who could use Hammers) cleaned up stragglers. Valflame!Tomefaire!Miriel has such absurd rescue range it’s incredible. She also OHKO’d a couple Assassins which was pretty great. 

Chapter 24… I am terrified of figuring out this monstrosity. Pre-emptive thoughts are to send Miriel out really far with rescue chains, stand on a Fort, and then Rescue Laurent out to kill things. Probably 3-turning this map, tbh.

Edited by lapismaid

P1 13 free/15 turns

Focused a lot of exp into Lorenz and Sully to meet benchmarks for C4. Those include 13 spd (so Lorenz can double Fighters), C lances on Sully (for Killer Lance) and C swords on Fred (so he can use Killing Edge later on).

C4 2/17 turns

Turn 1, Chrom and Lorenz stood next to each other such that the bottom-right fighter can attack Chrom, while the bottom-left fighter can attack Lorenz. Fred moved within range of Lucina and equipped the silver lance. Sully went next to Fred and equipped the Javelin to take on a mage.

EP, Sully counterkilled the Mage with a DS from Fred. Fred counterattacked against Lucina, but it doesn't matter if Sully procs a DS (if she does, Lucina remains at 1 HP for Chrom to take the kill). Lorenz (with Bronze Sword to improve his avoid against axes) counterkilled the left fighter with one Chrom DS in 2 hits, while Chrom counterattacked against the right fighter.

Turn 2, Sully killed the top-right Hand Axe!Fighter with a Killer Lance crit. Virion finished off Chrom's fighter (1 DS in 2 hits is needed, either from Lorenz on EP1 or from Virion on PP2). Chrom finished off Lucina. Iron Axe!Fred attacked the left mage (who started moving because Sully pulled the right one on turn 1) so Lorenz can go next to Chrom and finish the mage off reliably without taking any damage.

EP, Sully counterkilled the top-right Knight with Killer Lance, which is a clean ORKO if she procced str, otherwise it requires a crit. Lorenz counterkilled the top-left Hand Axe!Fighter and Knight with 2 thunder hits and a Rapier DS from Chrom each.

Spoiler

kbWeIvl.jpg 3mF035k.jpg r5TtUKs.jpg lUJQiR9.jpg dr719S7.jpg

C5 4/21 turns

Chrom soloed the lower section over the course of 4 turns - he stayed out of the dark mage's range on turn 1 to improve his survival chances and killed the dark mage on turn 2. On EP3 and PP4, he killed the reinforcement bandit for exp instead of blocking the fort.

Turn 1, Virion, Lorenz, Sully and Ricken killed the two enemies above the chokepoint - if none of them proc dual strikes, the myrmidon is still weakened enough that Ricken counterkill him on EP. Fred OHKOed the Dark Mage with Silver Lance. EP, Fred counterkilled the Myrmidon in the center and nearly killed the bandit.

Turn 2, Virion finished off Fred's bandit. Sully went up and killer lance crit the Bandit that moved from the boss area towards Ricken's starting position. Fred prepared to storm the boss area next turn, while Ricken traded his Elwind for Lorenz' Fire and Thunder. Lorenz then killed the nearby wyvern rider and counterkilled the left one on EP. Sully pulled the boss area wyverns by standing within range of the right-most one. This also aggroed Orton.

Turn 3, Lorenz healed with Vuln or Elixir (depending on how much healing is needed) and moved to the forest tile in the center. Fred moved into the boss area and killed the Dark Mage with Silver Lance. Sully retreated so she isn't within range of Vasto and heals with Vulnerary. Ricken and Virion make sure that the right-most Wyvern can't kill them. In the successful attempt, that wyvern died to a killer lance crit from Sully on turn 2, so I didn't have to worry about him

EP, Fred counterkilled two Myrms, including the one that spawned as a reinforcement. Lorenz counterkilled a generic wyvern and damaged Orton heavily with Elwind. He also counterattacked against the reinforcement bandit with a droppable hand axe. Sully killed the Myrmidon that moved from the boss area towards Ricken's starting position.

Turn 4, Virion finished off Orton. Fred and Chrom finished off a bandit each. It important to finish the map on PP, otherwise 2 reinforcement wyverns ruin the 4-turn.

Spoiler

rjKdamk.jpg LRX0fNA.jpg l2PJ6h3.jpg MaDLbtD.jpg rkOQEvb.jpg 0wKk7FR.jpg PZhZ1Oy.jpg xVypNzl.jpg

C6 3/24 turns

Forged a +3 mt Elwind named FE5 Wind and a +3 mt Javelin named CavJav. This cost around 4000G, so my money was pretty low after this chapter.

Turn 1, Sully attacked Gaius with CavJav. Chrom placed himself 3 tiles away from the fighter near Lucina. Virion and Ricken then each attacked him at 2-range, potentially getting Dual Strikes from Chrom (if he doesn't connect any DSes, it's still fine because Ricken counterkills the fighter on EP and there's a backup plan for turn 2). Lorenz started out on the right side - on the only tile that allows a 5-mov unit to enter Validar's range within 3 turns. He fullmoved down and equipped the FE5 Wind. Fred attacked the nearby Thief with Hand Axe.

EP, Sully counterkilled the two Dark Mages, finished off Gaius and damaged a nearby Fighter. Fred counterattacked against a Dark Mage, who placed himself on a Pillar (it's OK if he misses because they can be finished off on EP2). Lorenz faces the two nearby Fighters, who get ORKOed, and the Thief - if Fred missed the Hand Axe on PP, the Thief has to move to the right of Lorenz, not below him, so the way isn't blocked (50% chance of success as a backup plan). Otherwise, the Thief simply gets counterkilled along with the Fighters.

Most enemies advanced towards my positions, see screenshots.

Turn 2, Chrom attacked the Thief in the center with Bronze Sword (much better hitrate than Falchion) and Virion finished him off. By doing this, Chrom formed a chokepoint together with Lucina, which prevents the remaining 1-range enemies from attacking Virion. If the fighter on turn 1 had been killed with Dual Strikes on PP, Ricken was still at full HP, so he attacked the Fighter weakened by Sully and finished him off on EP2 (this happened in the successful attempt). Otherwise, he would've entered the Fighter's range and used a vulnerary to survive a round of combat and finish off the fighter on turn 3.

Sully moved way down and entered the range of the bottom-left Dark Mage (the one that starts out near Validar). She also used a Vulnerary. Fred moved way down and kept his hand axe equipped - he also attacked a Cav near Validar to get some wexp and save an FE5 Wind use. Lorenz fullmoved down and healed with an elixir.

EP, a thief and a dark mage in the center attacked Chrom. A Fighter attacked Lucina and got counterkilled. Numerous enemies attacked Sully - she needs a few dodges over the course of turns 1 and 2 to survive all the enemies she takes on. Fred fought the Fighter and the Dark Mage near Validar, the latter of which got counterkilled. Lorenz counterkilled two cavs.

Turn 3, Lorenz entered Validar's range and equipped Thunder. Fred finished off the Fighter near Validar with Killing Edge and placed himself next to Lorenz. Ricken and Virion helped Chrom finish off the enemies in the center - in the successful attempt, Ricken finished the Thief and Virion chipped the Dark Mage for additional exp. Chrom just ORKOed the Dark Mage anyway. Sully healed with a Vuln again and equipped the Killer Lance.

EP, Lorenz exactly doubled Validar if he got a Spd proc at the start of the map. He invalidated Validar with either two DSes or a DS crit from Fred, which has a CoS of around 20% (around 25% if he procced Spd, and 11% if he didn't because then only the KE crit leads to a kill). Sully counterkills the remaining enemies in the bottom-left section. This includes a Fighter and two Cavs that had already been weakened by CavJav on turn 2, as well as the bottom-left Fighter that has to be doubled and ORKOed (if Sully got two speed procs in three levels) or killed with a Killer Lance crit.

Overall, this chapter was kind of a pity, mainly because the luck-reliant bosskill came at the tail end of it.

Spoiler

ZBmnAtE.jpg lw7IhJC.jpg Hs1eJki.jpg pmKvzkN.jpg eqdeqd8.jpg O7S6Ksd.jpg y5OlW2i.jpg

C7 3/27 turns

Pretty straightforward. Fred started out on the forward position, allowing him to enter Vasto's range on turn 2. On turn 2, Sully killed an archer in the way so Fred can fullmove and counterattack Vasto with the Silver Lance. On turn 3, Lorenz moved onto a forest tile and finished Vasto aswell as a bunch more Wyvern Riders with the FE5 Wind. Everyone else just focused on killing some enemies near the start.

UNIT       CLASS                LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP              SKILLS EQUIPPED (UNEQUIPPED)
Chrom      Lord                 10.01 27 11  1 13 13  9 12  2 C Swd             DS+, Charm
Lorenz     Tactician            14.21 28 12 10 12 17  9 13  6 E Swd B Mgc       Solidarity (Veteran)
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/5.39 32 17  2 14 11  8 17  5 C Swd A Lnc D Axe Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Luna
Sully      Cavalier             13.58 30 13  2 16 14 13 15  6 D Swd A Lnc       Discipline, Outdoor Ftr
Virion     Archer                8.41 24  8  3 12  9 10  6  3 C Bow             Skill+2
Ricken     Mage                  5.42 21  3  9  7  6 11  7  3 D Mgc             Mag+2
Cordelia   Peg Kngt              7.00 25  9  3 13 12  9  8  8 C Lnc             Spd+2

Edited by Gradivus.

Chapter 24 (3/73): It wasn't that bad actually. Had Miriel rescue forward Laurent up north, with Olivia’s help, then rescued Olivia and Miriel back to safety. Inigo and Lonk did some stuff in the south. Chrom and Flavia took care of stragglers in the middle. Reinforcements spawned on Turn 3, but they all died to Laurent. 

Chapter 25 (2/75): Cleared out one of the Berserkers at the right hand side with Laurent, then did a rescue + dance chain to get Miriel up on the northernmost fort, then she Rescued Laurent up beside her. Due to her huge HP (i gave her both Seraph Robes and an HP Tonic), along with Fort bonuses, the enemies actually preferred to attack Laurent for some reason which worked out really well. Turn 2 Miriel brought Laurent further north and he crit OHKO’d Aversa with a Ruin crit.

Endgame (1/76): Forged a huge Waste called L + Ratio (thanks Ignisol). Robin Rallies the group. Miriel fullmoves up and Rescues Chrom. PRIEST GEROME uses his amazing 4 rescue range to bring Libra slightly further up, and he then rescues Olivia. Henry rescues Laurent, and Laurent kills the Berserker in front of Grima. Olivia dances for him, and then Chrom runs up and attacks Grima. Laurent finishes the job, quadding Grima - with Ignis, Vengeance, and Dual Strikes, the kill is pretty damn likely. 

Unit Review

Spoiler

Chrom: He was Chrom alright. He was pretty solid, but he played much more of a supporting role past the earlygame. He was pretty nice for the Grima kill so that’s nice.

Frederick: He was Frederick. Fell off pretty hard lategame, was instrumental for the early/midgame. 

Robin: Rally Spectrum was all kinds of worth it. Also nice to have an extra Rescuebot when he went Sage. Never got to Rally Magic sadly.

Olivia: Dancer/10. Being a free marriage for Chrom was actually great because…

Inigo: A surprisingly important member of the squad. Helswath + Sol + Armsthrift made him a pivotal part of routing Chapter 23, and he did some useful things for Chapter 24 too. 

Miriel: Extremely valuable first pick material, IMO. A Valkyrie with an insane magic stat is very strong for Rescue shenanigans and a lot of things would’ve been flat-out impossible without someone on her level.

Laurent: Also very high value. Having Robin as dad was pretty great, picking up Vantage wasn’t that hard, and from there just obliterated things as a Sorcerer for the rest of the game. Pretty great, essential to the lategame for sure. His Paralogue is also extremely good for training units.

Lon’qu: I’m not sure about the legality here. I drafted Lonk, but all I could find in the recruitable characters was this guy. Okay but seriously, really helpful for being my best flier by a wide margin. Vantage came into play very few times. His job can definitely be replicated by someone else but better (like Sully) but for what it was worth, he got the job done.

Vaike: I was surprised by how useful he was. He was like Frederick in that he was very useful early on when I needed all hands on deck, but he definitely fell off. But hey, at least he got a happy ending with Cherche.

Cherche: Kind of filler, to be honest? But she was still useful filler. Killed a Paladin in Chapter 18 which was important!

Gerome: His 4 Rescue Range under Rally Spectrum made a difference in Endgame. That’s it. And I probably could’ve just used Troubadour!Cherche for that. His paralogue itself was more helpful because it got Inigo to A Axes, lol. 

Henry: I’m shocked by how high value he was for this team. He Nostanked for a bit before I got Laurent online, then went Thief -> Trickster and became an extremely good 7 move rescuebot. Very good pick for this team.

Libra: A no-investment rescuebot (minus a Second Seal for a bit of a Magic boost at Lv 10). Can’t really go wrong with that. The Axe rank was also helpful in some spots.

Flavia: She killed a couple dudes in Chapter 24. That’s it really.

This was definitely an interesting ruleset. The lack of Pair-up made individual units matter more which was nice, but it also made it much harder to reach certain thresholds for bosskills and such. The lack of Support bonuses in most situations also made EPing things really awful in some instances. Still, it was a fun run for the most part.

C8 5/32 turns

Bought two Javs from the C7 shop and went ham on the shops selling tonics. Forged a +1 mt Javelin named Master Lance.

Cordelia and Sully got tonics for Str, Def and Res. Fred got one for Res only, Lorenz only got Mag and Ricken got Mag, Def and Res. Virion got a Str tonic. Deployed Sully on the most forward position so she can lead the charge.

Turn 1, Gregor went left and Nowi killed the nearby Dark Mage with a DS from him. Sully attacked the Cavalier below the start with Master Lance, allowing Killer Lance!Cordelia to finish him off. Fred went down and equipped an Iron Sword. Ricken went next to Fred and attacked the Myrmidon near the Rescue village with FE5 Wind. Virion positioned himself within range of the upper dark mage and Lorenz entered the range of the lower dark mage (both to the left of the start) and the nearby fighter.

EP, Virion and Lorenz damaged the aforementioned enemies. Ricken finished off the myrmidon and damaged a dark mage, while Gregor damaged the cavalier near the Master Seal village.

Turn 2, Cordelia finished off Gregor's cavalier. Gregor then moved below her, took the Killing Edge from her inventory, equipped it and used a Vulnerary to replenish his HP. Sully moved down and entered the range of numerous enemies. Ricken also went down, avoiding most enemy ranges so he doesn't get attacked, and healed with a Concoction. Chrom moved closer to the rescue village and killed the dark mage weakened by Ricken if possible (depends on which tile the dark mage moved to; it isn't necessary for Chrom to kill him on turn 1).

Nowi visited the Master Seal village. Lorenz and Virion finished off their respective dark mages.

EP, Gregor killed a myrmidon from the center with a KE crit or a DS from Cordelia. A cavalier attacked him and got killed aswell (although this isn't strictly necessary, Gregor can just fight him again on turn 3 if he survived). A fighter and a dark mage attacked Sully - the fighter was brought to low HP and the dark mage was ORKOed thanks to the Master Lance's might. Nowi was attacked by the fighter + dark mage group near the village and narrowly survived.

Turn 3, Ricken finished off Sully's Fighter with Fire and Fred OHKOed a Myrmidon in the way with Silver Lance (which now has 1 use remaining). Sully fullmoved down and attacked a Cavalier with Steel Lance. Nowi finished off the dark mage and Gregor finished off the fighter near Nowi, blocking the Cavalier off so he can't kill Nowi.

Cordelia moved into the boss area, entering the range of the fighter left of Chalard and the Steel Sword!Myrmidon.

EP, all the boss area enemies save for the boss started moving. Cordelia counterkilled her fighter and dealt heavy chip damage to the myrmidon. The KE!myrm moved towards Cordelia, while the dark mages randomly decided where exactly they would move (but it doesn't matter which tiles they end up on). The cavalier weakened by Sully was counterkilled by Ricken.

Turn 4, Sully moved further down and healed with Concoction. Fred moved onto a desert tile, entering the range of the Steel Sword!Myrm weakened by Cordelia, with an Iron Sword equipped. Sully fullmoved towards the boss and Cordelia moved towards the Second Seal village, remaining far away from the KE!myrm and healing herself with the last elixir use. Ricken went next to Fred, equipped the FE5 Wind again and healed with Concoction again.

EP, Fred counterkilled the Steel Sword!Myrmidon and the KE!Myrm moved towards Ricken (who is a much more attractive target than Fred and Sully, who both have high Def, or Cordelia, who is much further away), which puts him within range of Fred on the next turn.

The Flux!Dark Mage attacked Ricken because he has the lowest Res in the area - this was ensured by Fred's Res tonic, otherwise Fred and Ricken would be tied for Res and Fred might be attacked, while being unable to counterattack with his iron sword. Meanwhile, Ricken is strong enough to 2HKO with FE5 Wind. The Elwind!Dark Mage attacked Cordelia due to effective damage, but can't even 2HKO her.

Turn 5, Fred attacked the KE!Myrm with Iron Sword. Ricken finished off Cordelia's dark mage. Sully attacked Chalard on PP with Master Lance so she can finish him off on EP. Cordelia and Chrom visited the Second Seal and Rescue villages, respectively.

EP, the Flux!Dark Mage attacked Ricken again and got counterkilled. Fred also counterkilled the KE!Myrm and Sully defeated Chalard.

Spoiler

SpJHKSb.jpg REKcKYT.jpg CWWeGtr.jpg Ad7kA7e.jpg GB53SRJ.jpg pUoxila.jpg TBhXwQ2.jpg XxoZw99.jpg stk24QF.jpg EKqhsvz.jpg 7TA10Iz.jpg k9wmA5w.jpg vdMa9Z7.jpg roHVUkV.jpg

P3 9 free/32 turns

Used the second seal from C8 to reclass Sully to Wyvern Rider. She got most of the training and reached D axes mid-chapter. Managed to save all the villagers too and got the Blessed Bow.

Aside from Sully, Ricken got the most kills, followed by Cordelia (who was also used alongside Lorenz to build their support rank).

P2 11 free/32 turns

Again, most kills were given to Sully, a select few were given to Ricken and Cordelia got some scraps (I think one enemy). Cordelia and Lorenz reached C support. Got the Physic.

C9 2/34 turns

Promoted Ricken to Sage with the master seal from C8. Cordelia got the Seraph Robe from P3 to survive turn 1. A lot of tonics were distributed to my units. Sold the Goddess Icon from P2 and Nowi's Dragonstone to forge a +3 mt Thunder, named Thunderbolt.

Turn 1, Ricken moved down and rescued Sully, who then fullmoved and attacked a soldier in the boss area from the top-right with Hand Axe. Cordelia killed the archer near Ricken with Killer Lance. Lorenz started out on the right-most position and moved down along the wall. Virion went within range of the Short Spear!Soldier left of the start.

EP, Sully counterkilled all enemies in the boss area except Tharja, a wyvern rider, a soldier and the boss himself. The two Wyvern Riders near the start attacked Cordelia and got counterkilled by a Killer crit in two hits each. The Mage near the start got counterkilled by Thunderbolt!Lorenz (who was targetted due to his low Res) and the soldier to the right of the start attacked Ricken.

Ally Phase, Libra killed the nearby Dark Mage.

Turn 2, Sully ORKOed the boss with Hammer. Ricken rescued Lorenz, who moved within range of the remaining three enemies in the lower section of the boss area (including Tharja). Virion finished off the soldier, Chrom entered the range of Ricken's soldier and Cordelia killed the Archer near Libra with Steel Lance.

EP, Tharja and the other enemies got killed, the remaining soldier near the start suicided on Chrom and the soldier in the bottom-left corner attacked Libra.

Ally Phase, Libra finished off the soldier.

Spoiler

BkD4pPR.jpg P2DfKoM.jpg GtFzDWd.jpg QIp4GbE.jpg B9anZ3H.jpg YbP8GUt.jpg S4GNyG6.jpg eOTOFL6.jpg

UNIT       CLASS                LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP              SKILLS EQUIPPED (UNEQUIPPED)
Chrom      Lord                 11.23 28 12  2 14 14 10 13  2 B Swd             DS+, Charm
Lorenz     Tactician            16.23 30 14 11 14 19 10 14  7 E Swd B Mgc       Solidarity (Veteran)
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/6.05 33 17  2 14 11  8 18  5 C Swd A Lnc C Axe Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Luna
Sully      Wyv Rider          14/9.93 39 22  3 23 19 18 20  8 B Axe             Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Str+2
Ricken     Sage               11/1.75 31  5 14 12 11 15 12  9 C Mgc E Stf       Mag+2, Focus
Cordelia   Peg Kngt             10.66 33 11  3 15 13  9 10  9 C Lnc             Spd+2, Relief
Virion     Archer                9.69 24  9  4 13  9 10  6  3 C Bow             Skill+2

P4 20 free/34 turns

Anna get! Obtained all the treasure. Fed a lot of kills to Sully and also pretty many to Cordelia. Maximized staff exp for Ricken and Anna.

Edited by Gradivus.

C10 2/36 turns

Forged a +2 mt Hand Axe named Moussaka.

Turn 1, Ricken rescued Anna, who then rescued Sully. Sully ORKOed the Seraph Robe!Thief with Hand Axe. Fred moved left, Chrom went within range of an enemy for additional exp (backed by Virion) and Lorenz went up north through the right-most gap, attacking the soldier at 1-range. Cordelia moved next to him and finished the soldier with Javelin.

EP, Lorenz killed two bandits with Thunderbolt, gaining support points with Cordelia. Anna ORKOed a bandit with Killing Edge and was also attacked by a soldier at 1-range (killing him requires a crit, but it doesn't matter because he won't block the way). Cordelia faced a wyvern rider, Sully counterkilled two nearby enemies. Chrom got attacked by a soldier.

Turn 2, Chrom finished off his soldier with help from Virion. Fred OHKOed the Master Seal!Thief with Steel Sword. Cordelia used the last Silver Lance use to OHKO the Wyrmslayer!Thief and Lorenz brutally butchered the Bullion!Thief with his Bronze Sword.

Anna then rescued Ricken far to the left. Ricken then rescued Sully. Sully swiftly killed Mustafa with the Moussaka at 2-range.

Cordelia and Lorenz reached B support.

Spoiler

oaJEh62.jpg lO1HEkd.jpg mGNSejT.jpg

Px40dra.jpg ydmwznm.jpg RJrolug.jpg

lmmedF9.jpg D6xoW10.jpg ydMzoFq.jpg

7mYw11u.jpg dKDhaJc.jpg c58qfNG.jpg

C11 2/38 turns

Promoted Sully to Wyvern Lord and unequipped Discipline because she was already at A/A ranks.

Anna went down and rescued her. Ricken then rescued Olivia down, who danced Anna. Anna then went far to the right, just outside of the Hero's range, and rescued Sully further ahead. Sully then equipped a Javelin and opened the Bullion chest from the right. Lorenz entered the upper-most Mage's range, Cordelia went next to him and entered the Sage's range. Everyone else followed them down the right side.

EP, the Thief escaped immediately because Sully beat him to his precious chest. Sully counterkilled the Hero and convoy-dropped the Master Seal he drops. She also ORKOed numerous nearby enemies, including a mercenary from Gangrel's group, which made him and the rest of his group start moving. On the right side, the Sage attacked Cordelia and the Mage got counterkilled by Lorenz.

Turn 2, Ricken healed Lorenz and Chrom gave him the Master Seal from the convoy. Cordelia and Lorenz teamed up to finish off the Sage, with Lorenz taking the kill and reaching level 18. Olivia danced for Lorenz, who went down within range of a bunch of enemies and promoted to Grandmaster. Sully attacked Gangrel with Javelin.

EP, Sully finished off Gangrel and ORKOed all the other nearby enemies. Lorenz ORKOed three mages and two wyvern riders.

Spoiler

gaYBVzt.jpg smaBw96.jpg Xts42IB.jpg

OnmRPD1.jpg XIt56t3.jpg RAn13OF.jpg

x5c3GXp.jpg 3QLTMOf.jpg 7tXW8mX.jpg

PbDjFU5.jpg

C12 2/40 turns

Sully ORKOed the Beastkiller!Knight and convoy-dropped the beastkiller, which was given to Cordelia by Chrom. Olivia danced for Sully, who then moved far up onto a magic tile that allows her to take on a lot of enemies. She equipped a 20-use hand axe as her first weapon, followed by the Moussaka. Cordelia went left from the start and ORKOed one of the Cavaliers. Lorenz then ORKOed the Paladin in the bottom-left corner with a Cordelia DS. Fred ORKOed the other knight on the chokepoint above the start and Anna went next to him, preventing the enemies from attacking Olivia.

EP, both bow knights, a lot of cavaliers, the right Paladin on the ship and a bunch of armor knights (including the pair on the right entrance of the ship) were counterkilled by Sully. For this to work, it was important to equip the regular hand axe first - it only had 20 uses, which is an even number, so it breaks after 10 enemies without leaving any of them alive. Afterwards, she equipped the Moussaka, which had enough might to ORKO the Paladin reliably - he's one of the last enemies that attacked her.

Despite the bow knights, her chance of death was pretty much zero - they didn't even 3HKO her because they only have steel bows and her HP and def are huge.

In the other sections of the map, Cordelia counterkilled three cavaliers, having to dodge one of them to survive. Lorenz ORKOed a knight. Anna counterkilled the three cavaliers above the starting position.

Turn 2, Sully entered the ship and ORKOed Dalton with a Steel Axe, which she immediately convoy-dropped (after obtaining his Bullion (L)) in favor of a Javelin. Ricken healed Cordelia, who moved within range of the remaining two cavaliers from the left bow knight's group (who weren't within range to attack Sully on turn 1). Anna killed an armor knight with Levin Sword and Fred got danced to kill two more with Hammer. Lorenz went next to Cordelia.

EP, Cordelia counterkilled her cavs. Anna counterkilled a cav from the right bow knight's group that wasn't in range of Sully on turn 1 either. Sully ORKOed all the cavs on the ship, the armor knights from the left entrance and the left Paladin (who was reliably killed with the lance because he has a sword - had she gotten one less str proc, I could've used Master Lance).

Cordelia and Lorenz reached A support.

Spoiler

Pv2VZQS.jpg 3PFeIKp.jpg bm5q7F4.jpg

QzpXTrY.jpg 3bhTHil.jpg oIgPCHw.jpg

FwvQcEl.jpg eujZ22J.jpg MbKTLzp.jpg

8YWo2BO.jpg

C13 1/41 turns

RECLASSED VIRION TO WYVERN RIDER, also promoted Cordelia to Falcon Knight at level 16 with the droppable master seal from C12. Bought a bunch of rescue staves and also 20 str and def tonics each, after using undrafteds to deoccupy the Str/Def tonic shop.

Ricken rescued Fred, who KE crit the Warrior with the droppable Silver Axe. Cordelia rescued Lorenz, who then attacked a fighter in the lower section while standing next to her to build support points. LADLE!VIRION finished off the fighter and Cordelia got danced to attack a myrmidon while standing next to Lorenz.

Anna then rescued Sully up, who ORKOed the boss with steel axe.

Chrom      Lord                 12.41 29 13  2 15 15 11 13  2 B Swd             DS+, Charm
Lorenz     Grandmaster        18/2.61 36 18 14 19 24 12 19 10 D Swd A Mgc       Solidarity (Veteran)
Sully      Wyv Lord        14/14/7.31 54 33  8 28 25 27 27 16 A Lnc A Axe       Outdoor Ftr, Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn (Discipline)
Anna       Trickster          xx/5.16 39 15 19 25 23 29 10 12 C Swd D Stf       Mov+1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Ricken     Sage               11/5.25 35  5 17 14 11 18 15  9 C Mgc D Stf       Mag+2, Focus, Rally Mag
Cordelia   Falco Kngt         16/1.43 42 16  5 20 21 11 14 16 B Lnc E Stf       Spd+2, Relief
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/6.91 33 17  2 14 11  8 18  5 B Swd A Lnc C Axe Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Luna
Olivia     Dancer                1.85 18  3  1  8  9  5  3  2 D Swd             Lck+2
Virion     Wyv Rider          10/1.67 28 11  5 12  9 10 10  3 E Axe             Skill+2, Prescience, Str+2

P8 18 free/41 turns (Kjelle)

Ricken used Rally Mag so Anna can rescue Kjelle down on turn 1. Sully recruited her and gave her a Master Seal and a Javelin so she can promote to Great Knight immediately and start gaining exp. Also fed a lot of kills to Virion and Lorenz - the former got 8 levels and starts getting good, and the latter reached level 5 for Ignis.

Cordelia and Lorenz reached S support, but I decided to do C14 first to get the Second Seal from there. After the chapter, I also promoted Chrom to Great Lord with a master seal from the shop.

C14 1/42 turns

Kjelle ORKOed a Cavalier on the lower ship with Javelin. Anna rescued down Lorenz, who ORKOed a Cavalier, freeing up the way to the second seal chest. Anna got danced to open it. On the right ship, Fred ORKOed the Chest Key!Knight with Hammer and convoy-dropped the chest key. Chrom gave it to Cordelia, who then opened the Bullion (M) chest.

Speed Tonic!Virion ORKOed a mage on the left ship, which allowed Sully to reach the boss and bonk him with Hammer.

P12 19 free/42 turns (Morgan)

Anna rescued Morgan on turn 1 so Lorenz can recruit her. She was reclassed to Mage immediately with the C14 second seal.

During the chapter, I fed most of the kills to Morgan and some of them to Virion and Cordelia. Virion is now a pretty good unit and Morgan is a goddess.

Obtained all the treasure, even Fortify (which will probably be sold for some extra money).

Morgan was promoted to Sage at level 12 mid-chapter with the master seal from the C14 boss, whereas Virion was promoted to Wyvern Lord at level 13 with a newly bought master seal.

P10 20 free/42 turns (Severa)

Trained Kjelle to level 10 and then made her a Wyvern Lord mid-chapter with the P12 second seal.

Morgan soaked up most of the kills until Severa talked to Holland. She was then trained as a Mercenary, reaching level 16 from just killing enemies here.

A few kills went to Sully, Virion and Kjelle along the way.

Chrom      Great Lord         12/2.26 35 18  2 17 18 12 16  5 B Swd D Lnc       DS+, Charm
Lorenz     Grandmaster        18/6.08 39 21 14 20 27 12 21 11 D Swd A Mgc       Solidarity, Ignis (Veteran)
Sully      Wyv Lord       14/14/10.14 57 35  8 30 28 29 28 16 A Lnc A Axe       Outdoor Ftr, Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn (Discipline)
Kjelle     Wyv Lord        10/10/2.01 51 28  6 23 22 20 26 10 B Lnc E Axe       Str+2, Def+2, Indoor Ftr, Aether, Luna
Virion     Wyv Lord        10/13/2.79 45 24  9 18 22 15 19 10 E Lnc C Axe       Skill+2, Prescience, Str+2, Tantivy
Morgan     Sage           10/12/11.99 55 16 27 25 38 24 18 17 C Mgc D Stf       Spd+2, Relief, Focus, Mag+2, Focus (Rally Mag)
Anna       Trickster         xx/13.87 44 19 21 30 28 36 13 17 C Swd B Stf       Mov+1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Cordelia   Falco Kngt         16/8.16 48 20  7 25 25 13 15 20 A Lnc D Stf       Spd+2, Relief, Rally Spd
Ricken     Sage              11/12.10 42  8 22 16 13 23 18 12 C Mgc B Stf       Mag+2, Focus, Rally Mag
Severa     Mercenary            16.37 41 18  4 19 21 12 16  8 C Swd             Armsthrift, Patience, Rally Spd, Ignis
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/7.92 34 18  2 14 12  8 19  6 B Swd A Lnc C Axe Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Luna
Olivia     Dancer               10.94 23  8  2 16 16 12  5  6 D Swd             Lck+2

Edited by Gradivus.

C15 1/43 turns

Forged a +2 mt Javelin named Pugijav and a +1 mt Short Spear named AntiCavJav. Reforged one more point of Mt on the FE5 Wind, which is down to 4 uses at this point, and +12 crit on the Thunderbolt. Used a Secret Book and the Naga's Tear on Kjelle. Didn't promote Severa yet because it's not necessary and doing it would require buying a master seal, as opposed to getting it from this chapter's boss.

Turn 1, Lorenz used the FE5 Wind to ORKO the mage above the chokepoint near the start - the extra might on the tome makes this completely reliable. Anna ORKOed the nearest Cav and got danced. She then moved next to the other Cav and the Mage, which lets her manipulate the rescue tile so she can rescue Sully to the left. Sully then visited the arms scroll village.

Fred OHKOed the other cavalier with Beastkiller and Chrom ORKOed the nearby Cavalier with Master Lance (thanks to the fact that I raised him to D lances in the previous two paralogues). Ricken rescued Say'ri to safety and Severa went next to him, attacking the Hammer!General with Levin Sword. Virion moved into the area where Say'ri starts, equipped a hammer and ORKOed a Steel Sword!Cav on PP (doing it on PP improves reliability because he has Prescience).

Cordelia rescued Morgan 4 tiles to the left, while standing within range of both cavaliers on the beach. Morgan then moved even further to the left and rescued Kjelle. Kjelle attacked the General in the boss area with Pugijav.

EP, Kjelle counterkilled Farber, a generic dark knight and all the other enemies in the boss area. Sully ORKOed the faraway Mage in the top-left corner and two nearby cavs. Ricken counterkilled the Hammer!General, Anna counterkilled a few knights and cavaliers and Chrom a mage that could reach him from the boss area. Cordelia needed the +1 mt to ORKO the lance!Cavalier on the beach, who she ORKOed along with the sword!Cav (who would've been killed anyway due to WTA). Morgan ORKOed the Dark Knight, the General, two Knights and two Mages on the beach. Lorenz counterkilled an unpromoted enemy, which depleted the last two uses of the FE5 Wind, so he continued with the Thunderbolt equipped and crit the General in Say'ri's area, who unfortunately prefers him as a target over Virion. Virion counterkilled a bunch of Cavaliers and Knights, all of which have melee weapons.

The following parts of this clear were chance-based:

- General kill in the boss area: either needs to roll down in Def (then Kjelle does 14*4 / 53 damage, which is a clean 2RKO), otherwise one Luna or Aether in 4 hits is needed (over 90% chance)
- Farber kill: either two Luna procs or one Aether in two hits (around 31% chance)
- General kill near the start: either a Ricken DS on PP, two Ignis procs from Severa or an Ignis proc + a Severa DS on EP (around 70% chance)
- General kill in Say'ri's area: one crit in two hits from Lorenz, at 12% crit (around 22.5% chance)
- Dark Knight kill in the boss area: one Luna or Aether proc in two hits (around 61% chance)

Overall, the chance of success was roughly 3%. I guess there have been worse strats already since all of this happened on turn 1.

Spoiler

MwO3l9t.jpg AWGUf1u.jpg YhSdWPJ.jpg

EVXTcUz.jpg XSipd44.jpg XcrIpmF.jpg

k6TF0V1.jpg bKDLR7b.jpg Ny5iOVL.jpg

SqEm84W.jpg CSYPJ6j.jpg

d5Zmity.jpg isyXBSH.jpg

C16 1/44 turns

Cordelia rescued Lorenz, who then killed the Speedwings!Thief. Fred OHKOed the Bullion (M)!Thief. Severa killed a fighter near the start to get an extra level-up before she promotes.

Virion and Kjelle ganged up on the Hero that blocks the central chokepoint. Anna then rescued Sully, got danced by Olivia and rescued Ricken. Ricken then rescued Morgan way up. Morgan went to the tile north-west of the Master Seal!Sniper, rescuing Sully at 14-range so she can ORKO Cervantes with Hammer.

Severa promoted to Hero after the map.

C17 1/45 turns

Starting positions:

Left: Fred, Lorenz, Virion, Severa
Middle: Chrom, Anna, Morgan
Right: Kjelle, Sully, Ricken, Cordelia, Olivia

Severa rallied Spd so Virion can feed a Hero on the left entrance to Lorenz. Sully killed a war monk on the right entrance, allowing Ricken to slip through and rescue Morgan to the right. Morgan then went up and rescued Kjelle. Cordelia rescued Olivia from 5 tiles away to dance Morgan. Morgan then moved towards the center and rescued Anna, who then rescued Kjelle again so she can attack Pheros at 2-range and bonk her with a Pugijav Aether.

Spoiler

ok4LWTI.jpg ariCv0M.jpg sMxKVJY.jpg

BhbMo7Y.jpg UQZQGw8.jpg WD4fmME.jpg

1Pks7so.jpg XHUsDsi.jpg

C18 1/46 turns

Cordelia, Morgan, Anna and Olivia started out on the left, Ricken and Kjelle in the center. Moved down the left because there are almost no enemies on chokepoints to disrupt my rescue chains.

To the right, Lorenz and Severa got a kill each. In the center, Sully killed the nearby Paladin so Ricken can rescue Kjelle a few tiles down. Cordelia then moved below the Swordmaster guarding the left chokepoint and rescued Anna down, who then rescued Morgan further ahead. Morgan went a few tiles ahead, rescued Olivia, got danced and fullmoved down, rescuing Kjelle so she can bonk Yen'fay with an Iron Lance Aether.

Spoiler

4q4WRIq.jpg flL052T.jpg VpiC7hv.jpg

X9urdra.jpg 2FCpNKx.jpg EsSxa7e.jpg

1KnZTTy.jpg TX7zIs0.jpg

P17 13 free/46 turns

Rescued Tiki to the edge of the map and then boxed her in with Sully, Kjelle and Severa. This ensured that only those three would be attacked because the enemies only care about attacking Tiki or anyone who stands between them and Tiki.

Severa equipped a bronze axe and stood on a forest tile, so she had good chances to dodgetank the enemies and her survival was helped by Physic from Ricken and an Elixir. Everyone else killing the enemies with 1-2 range weapons as quickly as possible so they don't get the chance to attack Tiki. Because Severa is less bulky than Kjelle or Sully, she's the preferred target for all the remaining enemies, who had melee weapons, so she quickly gained 8 levels, including Sol.

Morgan and Ricken also got Tomefaire and Lorenz got a lot of exp so I can reclass him to Sage for C21 if needed. After the chapter, I bought a second seal and reclassed Morgan.

Here's a beautiful picture of the Perfectly Safe Tiki Fortress^TM:

Spoiler

QNkl1eE.jpg

Chrom      Great Lord         12/4.29 37 20  2 18 19 12 18  7 B Swd D Lnc       DS+, Charm
Lorenz     Grandmaster        18/9.50 41 22 16 20 29 14 23 11 D Swd A Mgc       Solidarity, Ignis (Veteran)
Sully      Wyv Lord       14/14/11.17 58 36  9 31 28 29 29 16 A Lnc A Axe       Outdoor Ftr, Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn (Discipline)
Kjelle     Wyv Lord        10/10/4.37 58 32  8 28 25 23 29 12 A Lnc D Axe       Str+2, Def+2, Indoor Ftr, Aether, Luna
Virion     Wyv Lord        10/13/5.36 48 26 10 19 23 16 19 12 E Lnc C Axe       Skill+2, Prescience, Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Severa     Hero               17/9.24 53 26  6 28 32 16 22 15 C Swd C Axe       Armsthrift, Patience, Rally Spd, Ignis, Sol
Morgan     Valkyrie     10/12/16/1.00 57 17 26 27 43 28 19 24 B Mgc C Stf       Spd+2, Focus, Ignis, Mag+2, Tomefaire (Relief, Rally Mag)
Anna       Trickster         xx/17.10 46 19 23 33 32 39 14 20 B Swd B Stf       Mov+1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Cordelia   Falco Kngt        16/11.56 50 23  9 27 27 14 15 22 A Lnc C Stf       Spd+2, Relief, Rally Spd
Ricken     Sage              11/15.12 45  8 23 18 16 25 19 14 C Mgc B Stf       Mag+2, Focus, Rally Mag, Tomefaire
Tiki       Manakete             20.00 44 31 18 22 23 21 30 23 - DSt (STATS INCLUDE DRAGONSTONE+) Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane
Frederick  Great Kngt         xx/8.59 36 18  2 14 12  8 20  6 B Swd A Lnc B Axe Discipline, Outdoor Ftr, Luna
Olivia     Dancer               13.40 26 10  2 17 17 14  6  6 D Swd             Lck+2

C19 1/47 turns

Severa, Sully, Cordelia and Lorenz got a kill each. Ricken rescued Morgan, who then rescued Kjelle within 9 tiles of Walhart. Anna rescued Olivia up to dance Morgan, and then Morgan and Kjelle ganged up on Walhart. Kjelle got the kill. Morgan did 25*2 damage, so if Walhart doesn't proc Aegis, a Silver Lance hit is already enough to finish him off. That's also what happened on the successful attempt.

Even with Aegis, a lot of different combinations of Aether, Luna or Ignis procs or a Killer Lance crit could've done the job, so overall it's pretty reliable for a bosskill.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

C20 1/48 turns
This map was very complicated to find out because Lorenz hasn't reached level 10 yet (to reclass to Sage) and with my 4 rescue users, I have no way to attack Walhart on PP.
Forged a +3 mt, +10 hit, +6 crit Arcthunder named Incellus.
Virion went towards the center and attacked the left Hero at 2-range while standing next to Chrom. This formed a V-shaped position, which allowed Cordelia to rescue Morgan upwards while standing between the two Heroes. After Morgan was rescued, she formed a similar V-shaped position with the two Warriors below Cervantes, allowing Anna to rescue Olivia upwards.
Frederick then went next to Kjelle and attacked the left Hero at 2-range. Chrom finished him off with Killing Edge or Sol (depending on how many HP the Hero has left) and might need a crit or a Fred DS to do the job. Lorenz then went above Chrom and attacked the right Hero, ORKOing him with one DS from Cordelia. Tiki then ORKOed the right Sage near the starting positions (who has Rexcalibur) and Sully ORKOed the left one.
Kjelle then ORKOed Cervantes with Hammer and Morgan fullmoved up to rescue Severa. She ORKOed the central General to clear a way for Morgan, who was danced by Olivia and used Incellus to ORKO "Excellus.
This put Morgan within range of Walhart. Ricken rescued Olivia back to safety. On EP, Walhart moved first because the other enemies didn't have high chances to kill my units, attacked Morgan and got ORKOed - there are a lot of different combinations that allow for a kill (for example a single non-Aegis crit, two Aegis crits, two Ignis procs that don't get Aegis'd, etc.). The chance of success was roughly 20.5%, which is a lot better than I would've expected it in this chapter.

Spoiler

gfmjNzv.jpg JMC8DFE.jpg GU0k13r.jpg

sPWanwQ.jpg xHyvxou.jpg R3zM64M.jpg

y9G1rVM.jpg lWgAzBO.jpg kH3c17h.jpg

iwNbU7a.jpg O1qi77U.jpg m594yPr.jpg

fazhy1V.jpg OhWdTjM.jpg 3amJ4Ib.jpg

GxKNmxB.jpg FvW74IK.jpg

C21 1/49 turns
Cordelia rescued Lorenz, who rescued Ricken, who rescued Anna, who rescued Morgan, who rescued Olivia, got danced and killed the boss with Arcthunder.

C22 1/50 turns
Forged a +3 mt Beastkiller. Gave both arms scrolls (from P4 and C15) to Severa, putting her at A swords and A axes.
Cordelia rallied Speed. Lorenz rescued Severa to the right to ORKO Canis (Valflame) with Sol. Anna rescued Morgan slightly up to ORKO Tigris (Helswath) with Incellus. Virion and Kjelle then each went next to Morgan and attacked Equus (Gungnir) at 2-range, killing him with either an Aether proc and a DS or with two DSes.
Anna got danced and rescued Ricken up, who rescued Sully to OHKO Aversa with the forged Beastkiller.

Spoiler

Y5XcICb.jpg 4H2si5C.jpg 4LaRHzu.jpg

6p8Lirt.jpg sMGSFjR.jpg kGW5gbV.jpg

SQD3mld.jpg iYga7Pq.jpg 4bqyc1U.jpg

C23 2/52 turns
Another complicated map, Gungnir actually came in handy. Unequipped Sol on Severa so it doesn't interfere with Ignis.
Gave three dracoshields, a seraph robe and two talismans to Morgan.
First, I made sure that the Sorcerer south-east of strong Validar doesn't have Hex or Anathema because that massively reduces the chance that Morgan survives turn 2 (don't care about Tomebreaker because it still leaves Morgan's hitrate at around 77% true hit).
Turn 1, Cordelia rallied Speed. Kjelle went up and right to OHKO an Assassin in the center - if he has 52 HP or 14 Def, she uses Gungnir because it OHKOes with a Luna proc, an Aether proc or a crit, making it the most reliable option. If he rolls up to 53 HP and 15 Def, a Luna!Gungnir hit wouldn't be enough, so she used the Killer Lance instead to kill with an Aether or a crit. The chance to kill this assassin is around 44%.
Morgan ORKOed the Berserker below the pillar in the center with Elfire. Severa moved onto the Pillar and ORKOed the Sorcerer with Helswath, needing a DS from Morgan, a crit or an Ignis proc. Ricken then rallied Magic for both Anna and Morgan, allowing Anna to ORKO the Hero in the center at 1-range with Levin Sword. Tiki attacked the Ruin!Sorcerer in the top-left corner without ORKOing him.
Sully then moved down and right, attacking the Sorcerer below the starting positions with Hand Axe. Virion tradeswapped her to Hammer and finished the Sorcerer with Steel Axe.
Olivia then danced for Morgan, who then moved far to the right and ORKOed the Tomahawk!Berserker in the center with Bolganone. Chrom and Lorenz went right.
EP, Morgan ORKOed most enemies in the center, including a General and two Sorcerers. Severa counterattacked against a Berserker, barely leaving him alive if she doesn't crit or proc Ignis. Sully ORKOed a General and a Hero. Kjelle counterkilled the Wyrmslayer!Hero in the center, who only brought her down to roughly half of her HP. Tiki finished off her Sorcerer and counterattacked vs. the left-most Assassin, who didn't double her due to Rally Speed and Speed tonic. Incellus!Ricken ORKOed the left-most General.
Turn 2, Fred and Tiki finished the Assassin off. Tiki would've 2HKOed anyway - Fred was only there to make it more reliable because he can kill with Luna or a KE crit, and he provides +10 hit to Tiki by standing next to her. Virion finished off Severa's Berserker if necessary.
Anna then rescued Severa into the center, allowing Cordelia to rally Speed for both Morgan and Severa.
Chrom invalidated weak Validar with the Sol sword. Ricken rescued Lorenz, who then moved up and rescued Severa so she can counterattack against the top-right Berserker and Assassin while standing next to Lorenz. Olivia danced for Ricken so he can give the Incellus to Morgan and rally magic for her. Kjelle ORKOed a General in the center and in case any other enemies in the center survived EP1, Sully finished them off too. Morgan then went two tiles below strong Validar and healed with an Elixir.
EP, Severa counterkilled the Berserker and the Assassin. Against the Berserker, a miss from Severa is very unlikely, but she needs an Ignis proc, a crit or a DS from Lorenz. She does ORKO the Assassin with two hits, but a Valflame DS from Lorenz also works as a backup option in case
Morgan needed two crits or an Ignis crit + a regular hit to invalidate strong Validar (if she got two magic procs beforehand, a non-Ignis crit and an Ignis hit also does the job). She then proceeded to ORKO all the enemies near Validar, her survival was pretty reliable as long as the Sorcerer two tiles below and 1 tile right of Validar doesn't have Anathema or Hex (which is why I made sure of that at the start of the map already).
Overall, the chance of the clear is between 4% and 5% and strong Validar is by far the worst part of it.

Spoiler

rWTjTA3.jpg 29ystjk.jpg lz3Rj1r.jpg

zkmiLYk.jpg DSTlogs.jpg 8hjOCEo.jpg

mZh0dj8.jpg VTK29ut.jpg dj0kW8G.jpg

lDtkHQ2.jpg 67fPGhf.jpg FqPGq8H.jpg

GEwspDw.jpg k7694U0.jpg iF6TiE1.jpg

hMMuukV.jpg NNDErMn.jpg

C24 2/54 turns
Gungnir came in handy again.
In the upper section, Morgan ORKOed the nearby Valkyrie with Valflame. Lorenz moved onto a forest tile and rescued Olivia, who danced for Morgan. Morgan then fullmoved to the right and equipped Arcfire. Ricken rescued Olivia to safety and Severa moved next to Lorenz.
In the lower section, Kjelle OHKOed the central Valkyrie with Gungnir - if it rolls up in Def or HP, a Luna or Aether proc is needed. Cordelia rallied Speed for Sully, who ORKOed the lower Valkyrie (with droppable Thoron) with Pugijav and convoy-dropped it to equip Helswath. Anna rescued Kjelle to safety.
EP, Cordelia counterkilled the bottom-left Paladin with the forged Beastkiller. Lorenz counterattacked against two Paladins, but didn't have to kill them (although it could happen with KE crit DSes from Severa). Kjelle counterkilled the Great Knight just right of the start.
Morgan counterkilled all the enemies in her area and Sully counterkilled everything except a Great Knight, who was left at very low HP.
Turn 2, Sully ORKOed the lower Bow Knight with Helswath and made sure she's within range of the few remaining enemies in the lower section. Morgan moved into the boss area, equipped Valflame and healed with an Elixir. Anna, Virion and some others ganged up on the Paladins near Lorenz and if necessary, Kjelle was danced to move within range of a Paladin in the center, if he moved up, to ORKO it on EP. If the Pally moved down, it's within range of Sully instead.
Ricken used Hammerne on Incellus so I can sell it for over 5000 Gold. On EP, Morgan and Sully (and if necessary also Kjelle) ORKOed all the remaining enemies.

Spoiler

azt2N5J.jpg dj2qNwy.jpg ONQ8l62.jpg

K1tjDIL.jpg L8O3Q0m.jpg pkR2Gzt.jpg

a4dReHw.jpg TcaBBV7.jpg CaCfKCq.jpg

RCEPsxg.jpg BaenhnF.jpg QqBE8Ob.jpg

vGASZum.jpg

C25 1/55 turns
Forged another point of Mt on the Beastkiller, putting it at +4 mt.
Anna got rescued up by Cordelia, moved through the mountains with Acrobat and rescued Olivia, who danced her so she can fullmove up again to rescue Kjelle up. Kjelle OHKOed Aversa with a Luna or Aether proc with the forged Beastkiller.
Beforehand, Ricken fed a general to Severa and Morgan rescued Sully so she can bonk a Trickster with Gungnir, obtaining a droppable levin sword for some additional money.

Spoiler

KCpLZWG.jpg Yg7MAqO.jpg RiNAptm.jpg

zkjGEl4.jpg xITByE2.jpg hLj6pJG.jpg

Endgame 1/56 turns
Gungnir was useful once again.
Sold everything except items that don't sell for money (like Sol and Regalia), rescue staves (5 of which are needed), tonics and a 9-use hammer. Bought a Brave Axe and forged it into the BIG BRAVE (+5 mt/10 hit). Also forged VIRIONPUGI, a +3 mt hammer.
Bought a second seal and reclassed Sully to Griffon Rider for 2 additional points of speed, which just barely allow her to quadruple Grima with the BIG BRAVE.
Severa used Rally Speed. Anna rescued up Virion and he ORKOed a General near Grima with VIRIONPUGI. Morgan then fullmoved up and rescued Kjelle, who attacked Grima with Gungnir. Cordelia then rescued Olivia up so she can dance Morgan, who attacked Grima with Valflame while standing next to Kjelle so she has two chances to land a DS for 8 damage each. Lorenz then rescued Ricken, who rescued Sully up. She then quadrupled Grima with the BIG BRAVE while standing next to Morgan, giving her four chances at Valflame DSes, for 10 damage each.
Between Morgan's Ignis, Kjelle's Aether/Luna and the DSes, the chance to kill Grima is 5.92% (calculated with a script that I wrote myself because there are 27648 possible RNG outcomes).

Spoiler

BJu3pCv.jpg RHHH5Wj.jpg VlUBqAk.jpg

gMCTMps.jpg AkywUw1.jpg u81uDa8.jpg

Unit stuff

Spoiler

bQ7eRwE.jpg gUcBU2F.jpg OaZ5eEH.jpg

Chrom: He was useful early on, later on he just existed and rarely helped out as a filler. When I needed him, he was good enough though, especially to kill weak Validar. Getting him to D lances was also worth it because it enabled the C15 strat.

Sully: Fantastic from start to finish. Until C6, she was slightly speed-screwed, but once she went wyvern rider and got her paralogue exp, she never looked back. In the mid- to lategame, Kjelle and Morgan took over the bosskilling duties because they had magic and a better offensive skillset respectively, but with almost no exp from those chapters, she was still able to solo a lot of enemies in C24 and heavily damage Grima. A skillset with +35 Hit and Avo speaks for itself.

NzLmbAs.jpg xg1VNek.jpg 1UwW874.jpg

Lorenz: I have no idea how he managed to get that Mag-screwed. As a result, his combat was underwhelming at multiple points, like when 2 ignis procs with a forged Thunder weren't enough ORKO a general in C15.

Still, he did his job very well early on and once the Valm arc began, he was mostly a filler anyway, until he reached level 10 and became useful as a rescue bot again. Because the other rescuers had much better magic than him, his low magic didn't hurt either. He simply took over the first or second part of rescue chains, which only required a short range anyway.

Cordelia: Speaking of short rescue range... anyway, even her short rescue range ended up being useful. Her combat was good when it was needed - mostly in the earlygame, afterwards it was pretty rare because most maps were bosskill and she was occupied with rescue and rally speed duties.

ln9WlLm.jpg eqS3uiv.jpg

SPECIAL AGENT VIRION: I didn't expect this myself, but he was actually a fantastic pick. His role as an additional combat unit saved numerous turns in the earlygame and allowed for crazy ideas like the C2 "strategy".

Initially, I only made him a wyvern rider for fun, but he made the C15 1-turn possible and helped out in the lategame rout maps.

Even in Endgame, he was very important: the only other unit that could've killed the General was Severa, but she already needed to use Rally Speed so Sully can quadruple Grima. Had Sully not quadrupled, the reliability of the Grima kill would've been so bad that I'd have to 2-turn the map or rethink my strategy altogether. This makes Virion the true Grima killer, what a hero.

wYV0tBx.jpg TQBkEiN.jpg

Fred/10. He was very good in the earlygame due to his high Str and Def, but had a lot more trouble than with pairup because almost no enemies were doubled by him. Due to this, he became a filler unit earlier than normally, but Sully gladly filled the role as a main combat unit.

rbrjsOh.jpg bK8jjti.jpg

Ricken: He was well worth it, including the first master seal. Tomefaire allowed him to have a good rescue range for the lategame. His Speed is hilariously bad, though, and accordingly, I was surprised that he actually killed an enemy in C23. In the earlygame, he was useful enough as a combat unit, though, and contributed just like Virion when he was an archer.

hUDR4mZ.jpg ViLNoMj.jpg

Anna: same as Ricken in terms of rescue - because she doesn't get tomefaire and also got somewhat magic screwed, her rescue range was actually worse than his, although it was good enough for what it was needed for. In exchange, her combat is great with levin sword and she trivialized the terrain in C25 with acrobat.

ypjLnzL.jpg B3q4FrX.jpg

Olivia: Dancer/10, I think the one time when she entered combat was in one of the paralogues.

ICoouDk.jpg 9XYq4kI.jpg

Kjelle: Great unit, her unique combination of Luna and Aether came in handy often. Her only flaw was her Speed, but that only became a problem against Grima, where the fact that she didn't double hurt the reliability of the strategy. I also never expected Gungnir to be obtained, let alone useful, in an LTC run, but she did both and I find it hilarious.

OXraAQ2.jpg HJSXRWV.jpg

Morgan: She quickly took off during the paralogues and did her job fantastically, both as my longest-range rescuer and as a combat unit. 10/10

N06VjO8.jpg gXcA7sb.jpg

Severa: She came a little too late because I did her paralogue second, but that was necessary to get enough exp for Morgan. She was important in C20 and C23 and for the latter, getting A axes for Helswath was actually useful (even though she only faced four enemies). Passing down Rally Speed instead of Spd+2 was actually an accident, but it ended up being essential in Endgame. So yeah, she was a good unit.

lNK8tla.jpg fKLEe5H.jpg

Tiki: She was also important in C20 and C23. That's all, still glad I took her and not Flavia or Inigo.

Thoughts on this ruleset

- I like the idea of banning pairup, it made this draft very interesting.
- I'm still not sure on what to do with Rescue - I like treating it more liberally because if you only allow one rescue per turn, only the best one of your staff users will be useful frequently. This invalidates the weaker units, which hurts the idea of draft playthroughs. On the other hand, 1-turnlandia is kind of boring (even though most rescue-skip strats weren't trivial at all due to the lack of pairup) so maybe we could try to find a different rule altogether that's still not as restrictive as the standard one.
- Allowing 20 turns in Paralogues as usual was definitely a good idea and we shouldn't deviate from this in Awakening.
- I like the idea of keeping mounted classes banned on Robin because if it wasn't, they would easily outclass any drafted unit as the recipient of the first second seal.
- Speaking of second seals, I think it's better to allow renown up to 1000 point (or literally just the renown second seal) because of how scarce second seals are. This hurts the viability and versatility of the weaker units in drafts quite a bit.

Edited by Gradivus.