(FE12) Yet Another NM Hard No Reclass Draft (nothing to do)

Very cool chapter 19, Gradivus! I wouldn't have thought to 2 turn it like that but there you have it.  Definitely worth going video mode for that one.

C15: 1 turn, 100 total

Strat Gradivus alluded to.  Xane can walk on the sea, so Marisha walks south so Xane can stand on the sea before transforming into her.  Catria is deployed to create a triangle formation with the two bishops, so that Marth is rescued over the right side bishop when Xane stands in the middle of those three.  Robert goes right and chips a paladin to get turn his 99 exp into a level, Sirius finishes the paladin, and then Frey gets to the space that was occupied by that paladin to javelin another paladin and take his silver lance.  Minerva nails the boss with a hammer.  Marth talks to Abel before he seizes.  I was mostly just curious to know if it works at first but it's cool, free ridersbane.

C16: 2 turns, 102 total

Minerva goes left for a little exp and items including Mercurius.  Roberto gets the geosphere thief with a crit.  Marth gets the map save turn 1 for Roberto's crit.  Turn 2, Arran opens the door, Xane (Minerva Mode) kills the soldier in the way, Barst hammers the general, Kongming kills the sniper a +2Mt hand axe Frey kills the boss, Sirius gets us Fortify staff, Marisha thiefs the Rescue staff, Marth takes down a mage for a little exp, gets twerked on, and seizes.

C16x: 1 turn, 103 total

Frey gets the sword dude in front of Katarina while holding the starsphere to double, Marth gets the southmost axe dude, Sirius gets the northmost axe dude, Kongming talks to Katarina three times with Phina and Marisha's help, hand axing a sword dude and two axe dudes.  In that sequence Phina took the starsphere, then Kongming took it.  Katarina goes east to move out of the way and Minerva takes her spot to grab the starsphere and protect Phina from the snipers.  Minerva kills the snipers on EP with a +2Mt Javelin.

C17: 3 turns, 105 total

Xane becomes another Sirius.  Marth moves and gets twerked on and keeps going to slay a sniper in the center of the map, Minerva and Sirius move down to block the south berserker from being able to get to Phina.  Frey moves and slays the berserker to the right.  Katarina moves forward and physics Xane for exp, Marisha moves next to her and repairs the Anew staff.  Barst is bing chilling on that fort at the start, he'll EP the three wyverns later.  Kongming hand axes the sniper to the left.  

After EP, only thing really left standing is a sniper that went for Marth, so Minverva comes through and defeats him.  Sirius moves forward as well.  Frey moves past the forest on the corner next to the right indoor side of the map, Phina moves onto the forest and dances him, and Frey goes down and one space past the save tile, which is far enough to javelin the nosferatu thief on turn 3.  Xane moves next to Phina in prep for next turn.  On turn 3, Sirius opens the door with a key I previously bought, Minerva kills the berserker in the way, Marth moves forward and kills a sniper for exp. Barst, Kongming, and Roberto get exp for finishing the wyverns that Barst could not kill since he doesn't double.  Marisha and Katarina warp Xane to kill Sheena with an armorslayer and Phina to twerk on Marth so he can seize the throne.  

C18: 2 turns, 107 total

Marth goes left,  Phina dances a nosferatu and starsphere carrying Katarina off to the generals.  Marisha stands at range of one of the ballista since she's healthy enough to take a hit for Katarina. Barst gets the cave scroll, Kongming walks right, Minerva flies right, and Sirius hits the save. Surprisingly, Katarina takes a ballista and a silver lance, and then engages in nosferatu gameplay.  I reset a bunch until Katarina gets a three fat levels between the EP and Turn 2 PP.  On Turn 2, Marth gets the lifesphere, Marisha rescues him over, Phina twerks on him, Kongming kills a ballista in the way, Katarina kills the boss, Minerva gets the recover staff, and everyone else gets a little exp for themselves.  Marth seizes.

C19: 3 turns, 110 total

Unfortunately, my Minerva isn't as strong as Gradivus's Catria, so I'm not stealing his 2 turn.  Kongming is by far my strongest unit, so I warp him up to the 2 forts with a silver sword thief on it, KO the thief and end up with a hand axe ready for EP.  Marth walks and gets twerked on.  Xane becomes a second Marisha.  Vyland and his friends show up but they're finished up on turn 2 just fine.  For the remainder of turn 2, Minvera gets in position to kill the boss, Kongming sits on a fort next to the NE ballista around the boss, Marth moves forward with rapier in hand.  On EP, Kongming blasts a lot of stuff with his hand axe and Marth slays many horses.  Minvera defeats the boss and with 2 Anews and a warped Phina, Marth walks 4 times to the castle and seizes.

C20: 3 turns, 113 total

Marth moves and gets twerked on, Sirius+Minerva+Frey+Arran move forward, Katarina and Kongming stay behind, Marisha moves and thiefs the Anew staff, and Xane becomes Marisha.  On turn 2 the four mounties remove a thief and a hero from Marth's path and Marth walks to the treasure room door and opens it with a key we bought previously.  Katarina warps Kongming on top of the opened Anew staff chest and Kongming opens the door with a forged killer hand axe at the ready.  Marth sees an EP where he needs a ~50% dodge on the tomahawk guy, would be more reliable with a more def rigged/extra seraph robed Marth.  On turn 3, Marth walks forward, Kongming kills Hardin with a devil sword crit+hit, Marisha Anews Marth and he seizes the throne.  Doesn't really feel like the most unreliable thing I've done this run.  I forgot to say that I also rescued Midia on turn 2.  Probably not worth it but hey she has 10 move.

C20x: 3 turns, 116 total

Sirius reveals 2 dudes.  Kongming slays one, Minerva gets the other and also reveals a third dude.  Frey moves forward from the back of the formation and gets danced to move to the right side of dude #3 and ORKO him.  Marth walks forward.  Turn 2, Marth moves forward and reveals a general, which Kongming defeats with a hammer.  Marth gets twerked on and full moves forward with Frey and Minerva close behind.  Sirius gradivuses the longbow sniper to protect Phina.  A lot of dudes show up on EP, but everyone works together to get them out of Marth and Frey's way, and Sirius gets danced to reveal the boss, allowing Frey to open the seat for Marth.  Marth sits down.

C21: 4 turns, 120 total

I think I could have 3 turned this without getting stat boosters but I wanted them.  Turn 1 everyone moves up, Marth gets twerked on, and Phina is shielded from danger.  Katarina nosferatus a couple of wyverns and Minerva trades blows with the third.  Turn 2, Sirius removes the meteor mage from Marth's path, Frey gets a dance and goes with Marth through the mountain pass.  Minerva and Kongming are going north. Roberto, Barst, and Katarina finish the wyverns.  Unlike other maps I kind of did this quickly after settling on the strategy so I forget but I think Minerva dragonpiked the north wyverns on EP, in any case they were not an issue.  Turn 3, Marth, Frey, and Sirius walk forward.  Minerva moves like 2 spaces and gets danced, allowing her to reach thief that has covered the most distance and OHKO, keeping the secret shop open next turn.  Turn 4, she cleans the shop of Mag, Spd, HP, and Res boosters.  Frey kills the boss, Katarina makes her way through the mountain pass and kills a wyvern that Sirius did not KO on EP for a level, and Marth seizes with an Anew charge. 

C22: 3 turns, 123 total

Well, down to my last warp charge and I use it here.  Also two hammerne uses, didn't plan that out well enough.  Frey got 4 talismans, 2 angelic robes, and a dracoshield.  Anyway, turn one Frey gets barriered and warped up to the left door to open it, and readies his +3mt silver lance.  Marth walks forward, gets twerked on, and takes out the meteor mage.  Everyone else moves up to protect Phina.  Turn 2, Frey moves into the throne room and takes out a glower mage, Marth moves and gets Anewed to stand just inside of the room, so that he doesn't see too many tomes.  He also popped a pure water.  Frey ended up making a dodge that may've been important, but dodging one thing out of like five ~70%'s doesn't seem too unlikely, got it while just trying to figure out a strat.  Turn 3, Sirius hits the map save and Frey uses a dragonpike to remove the boss, Marth walks over to the throne.  Hammerne was used on Anew, still one more to go.

Edited by PaulDogg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C23: 3 turns, 126 total

I kinda just send it.  Katarina barriers Frey, he gets danced, and goes Max-1 distance to kill the mage dragon with Gradivus.  Marth moves up and kills the middle dragon, and his groupies take care of the ones on the side.  Xane becomes Marisha and maybe I had Marisha use physic on Marth, I forget, 3 turns isn't crazy with what I have left.  Frey EPs and kills like everything, so we send him up with two Anews so that he can take out the dragons on the staircase and sit in front of the boss with a silver lance, which will convince him that it's a good idea to move from the throne.  I use a map save to make sure Frey survives after a few tries, not that he'll do anything on the next map, but we can sell his weapon this way.  Anyway, Marth seizes the throne and we Hammerne the Anew staff one more time just before.

Endgame: 1 turn, 128 total (I know that's 2 more than previous total, but my excel sheet says 128)

Sold nearly everything and forged Thoron for as much crit as possible.  Dance Sirius up, he gets his gf, gives her Rescue, and hits Medeus with Gradivus.  Nyna Rescues Merric, who then talks to his gf.  Elice rescues Katarina up, and she crits, gets Anewed and crits again for the game.

I had forgotten how good this game is.  I lost some turns just with poor to nonexistent staff usage plans, but 128 is okay I guess.  Hammerne's usefulness in particular probably didn't pan out as much as I thought it might.  The problem with long distance dances is that it doesn't explicitly save 1 whole turn if, say, a boss on a throne is in Marth's way and nobody's there to remove it.  I wonder if Gradivus would have been able to get more turns saved than costed by getting it.  If I ever hop into another one of these H1 drafts, I think I'll have a better idea of what chapters will be difficult to conserve staff uses appropriately.  Only other regret was picking Darros.  

Fun stuff, thanks for hosting, GlitchWarrior!  I'll be coming back to check out updates and stuff.  GGs boys.

Edited by PaulDogg

C1: 4/21
For preps, I forged a +3 Mt, +7 Ht Steel Sword (-3850G) and named it "Manlyblade."

I actually sent Arran to get the bullion. Training Luke paid off here since I was able to use him to KO a fighter on T1 and then KO 2 more on T1EP, allowing MU to move full speed towards the boss. Ryan only saw a little action on this map, he started things off by chipping a fighter for Marth, then he proceeded to move towards the cave thief who gets weakened by Arran's Iron Sword to get the kill (if I didn't care about feeding Ryan, Arran would just OHKO with Silver Lance). The staggler hunter also got killed by Ryan as Luke moved full speed ahead to attack a different hunter on T3 and to use the map save on T4. With the Manlyblade forge, a hit + crit (going off an 8% crit chance per hit and 82 displayed hit) is "all" I need to KO Lorenz allowing Marth to seize on T4. As a sidenote, killing Lorenz with Luke was not an option because he's not fast enough yet.

C2: 6/27
During preps I sold the C1 bullion (5000G) and activated the first support convos with Luke and Ryan.

Getting this one down took a few attempts, as usual, as enemy movement can get messy. Spd thresholds could also get annoying, as Marth and Luke had 11 Spd while cavs could roll 7 or 8. Despite the fact that I expect it to be useless, I still sent Arran to get the Ladyblade. Marth ignored the village to potentially get more EXP (didn't even test if that's true) and Catria recruited Warren for the free Steel Bow. MU did most of the work and Luke got a nice amount of EXP, which he needs since he's supposed to carry later. On T4 I had Marth bait the RHS draco and MU bait the boss, with the RHS draco going to Ryan and the boss going to Luke. Then MU baited the last draco which I fed to Luke.

C3: 6/33
On T1 I positioned MU, Linde (equipped with Nosferatu to get an additional draco kill) and Luke to bait 4 dracos while Arran, Marth and Palla moved west. Then on T2 I fed a draco to each of Ryan, Luke and Linde while MU moved towards the bridge and Palla killed the thief for his Steel Sword, on EP a draco suicided on Linde while Luke baited the last 2 RHS dracos. T3 was when Marth reached the village, Arran took his Bridge Key while Luke and MU moved closer and Ryan and Linde took down dracos. Palla moved closer to the Master Seal. Arran then lowered the bridge on T4 allowing MU and Marth to advance closer to the boss, with most of the enemies cavs dying to MU's Iron Sword save for Matthis who survived on 1 HP. Matthis was also the only kill I managed to feed to Marth.

On T5 MU moved in front of the boss equipped with the Manlyblade drinking a vul while Steel Sword!Arran took position to bait some dracos away from Palla, who obtained the Master Seal. Boss didn't get crit'd on T5EP so MU finished him on the next turn while Luke killed one of the dracos baited by Arran. Overall, I fed 7 dracos to my team with 3 going to Linde and 2 to Luke and Ryan. Had MU crit'd on T1EP or Luke on T2EP I guess I would've discounted that from Ryan since I'm still not sure of how much effort to put into him, but surely getting him to promotion can't be a bad thing. We'll see.

C3x: 6/39
Activated the first support conversation with Arran. Promoted MU at level 12 to train axe rank, with Marth and co. getting EXP along the way. MU got a total of 4 axe battles so far.

C4: 3/42 (1 Rescue, 4 uses left)
Activated the first support convo with Marth and second convos with Luke and Ryan.

On T1 Marth got Rescued by Yumina from a safe spot allowing him to full move to ORKO a hunter (hunter had to roll 8 Spd to allow Marth to double), Ogma recruited Sirius from the RHS tile and traded him the Steel Sword for Sirius's Iron, then Sirius ORKOed another hunter. MU fullmoved towards the NE direction to claim a kill while Ryan chipped the thief, Linde baited a barbarian with Thunder and Luke entered the range of a different barbarian to KO during EP, MU also killed a barb on EP. Marth's survival on T1EP is guaranteed, if he doesn't dodge he should vuln on T2.

On T2 Marth fullmoves and KOes a pirate if healthy enough, Sirius follows Marth and kills the Steel Axe pirate while Ogma moves back to get healed by Yumina while covering her, allowing him to bait the pirates again to potentially get hurt again for more Yumina EXP. Yubello can actually bait one of the pirates too, so I have him do it since he's less dodgy than Ogma. On the LHS MU steps into range of the Devil Sword thief while Ryan KOes the barb, Linde can chip again if she didn't double, Luke moves south to bait the hunter.

On T3 I have MU use the map save to allow Sirius to rig a crit @7% chance and 87 DH against the boss with the Steel Sword, after that Linde collects the remaining thief kill and Arran chips the hunter baited by Luke for Ryan to kill. Luke is already level 10 with good stats so I'm not worried about him getting a single kill here. Then Marth seizes.

(Gonna change the stats sheet formatting a little bit)

Unit       Class     Lv        HP  St  Mg  Sk  Sp  Lk  Df  Rs  Wlv		Statboosters
Marth      Lord      9.77      29   9   0  13  12  12   9   0  D Swd
Donut      Hero      12/1.91   35  17   2  21  19   8  14   3  B Swd E Axe
Luke       Cavalier  10.48     29  14   0   9  14  10  15   1  C Swd E Lnc
Ryan       Archer    7.30      23  10   0   8   8   4   9   0  C Bow
Arran      Paladin   3.60      26  10   1  12  11   4  10   6  D Swd B Lnc
Linde      Mage      7.48      22   0   4   8  11  10   2   4  D Tom
Yumina     Cleric    2.84      16   0   2   1   7   9   2   5  C Stf

C5: 5/47
Activated the first support convo with Linde, sold the bullion from last map (+5000G) getting my funds to a little more than 15k. Then, after testing a little and tweaking with the deployment spaces, I realized that I would be able to get the Master Seal and the Physic staff, despite having no fliers, if I got Linde's Spd and/or Mag high enough to ORKO the mages in this map. I need her to be promoted for next map anyways so I decided to spend some money on some DG rounds for her, where she won 3 rounds with a streak (-1230G) using her Aura tome. I also decided to get her some Magic since she's been slacking a little there. In 2 levels she got 2 Mag, 1 Spd and even 1 very unexpected Def proc. With those stats and with Palla, Sirius and Ogma as guests deploys I can start the map.

On T1 I have Linde KO Rickard to convoy drop the VIP Card (more like RIPcard) which is followed by Luke KOing the Thief that drops the Iron Sword, putting him just in range of one of the mages to bait that attack away from Arran, who takes position right above Luke. I also brought Ogma to recruit Barst, since I forgot to buy Hand Axes back in C1 I figured I'd want to get his. The rest moved staying out of enemy range. I also have Palla take the VIP Card from the convoy on this turn.

T2, Arran moves ahead to OHKO the MS thief with Silver Lance and Linde kills a mage, especially if it's blocking Arran's way, Ryan on the other hand takes position in the edge of the range of one of the remaining mages. The rest move towards the boss area with Yumina healing Luke first for EXP and for his sake (heals Arran if the mage misses Luke). I actually used Palla and Sirius to block a few tiles so that Marth wouldn't get attacked by both mages as he barely got into the bridge, the mages will always prefer Ryan and Marth so nifty legal move here. Ogma and Barst stay out of range for the rest of the map. On EP things go as planned with Arran chipping the 2 cavs that attack him while Marth takes some damage and Ryan gets another mage on low HP, enemy bishop Physics a cav.

On T3 Ryan finishes one of the mages, Linde finishes the dangerous Silver Sword cav (can use Nos if she took damage from mage), Arran starts moving towards the Physic bishop while drinking a vulnerary. In the southern area, Luke opens the way killing the Bridge armor with the Armorslayer which allows MU to KO the Stonehoist ballista with an Iron Axe. Marth moves ahead drinking a vuln while Sirius and Palla follow being careful to not take any damage on EP. Yumina heals Ryan. During EP MU clears an armor, a cav suicides on Linde and Marth and Ryan get targeted by the boss and a mage, respectively. Javelin Armor blocks the bridge.

T4, Luke clears the way allowing Marth to get in range of the seize while MU KOes the boss with a Steel Sword for accuracy which he then convoy drops to equip his Iron Axe again for more rank. Arran takes position to get the Physic next turn while Linde comes to help Ryan, who also gets healed by Yumina for even more EXP, with the mage.

Finally on T5 Arran gets the Physic, while the rest get a little more EXP, Palla buys the Master Seal with the RIPcard and Sirius buys 3 Door Keys before Marth seizes.

C6: 4/51 (1 Rescue, 3 uses left)
Activated Arran's second support convo. Trained Linde in the DG (-1040G) for 2 rounds for Mag and Spd before a level 11 promotion. Ryan also trained a round for Str/Spd (-400G). Aside from Linde, Luke also promoted at level 11. In terms of deployment I had to make Yumina sit this one out to deploy all the mounted fillers I need. Ryan actually ended up doing something of more value.

This map can indeed be done in 4 turns with a sage, as I managed to see from logs in the past. By devoting MU alone to handle the LHS to get the Aquarius shard from Samto and a single unit to help Marth with chest pillaging (namely Ryan), I have just enough slots to fill with enough mounted units plus a sage for a pretty big Rescue boost needed to save a turn compared to only having a 5-mov healer available. Since I have Linde, I also don't really care about Yumina hitting level 10 soon since the former will also handle C11.

On T1 I have Marth move 6 tiles towards the chests, he downs Pure Water as he would get KOed by Swarm + Elfire!mage otherwise, I also put Ryan right behind Marth to counter the mage equipped with a Steel Bow. MU takes the upper corridor equipped with Iron Axe where he will ORKO a bunch of enemies (the armor that will attack him with a Jav will cause another Jav armor IIRC and also a mage to suicide at 1-range). Rest go northeast. On EP the Swarm bishop decided to go for Arran and the Physic bishop healed the mage chunked by Ryan.

I start T2 by having Gemini!Ryan finish the mage which allows Marth to go for the Barrier. On the upper room group, Luke (equipped with a Javelin) opens the door using one of the Door Keys from the previous map while Linde KOes the Swarm bishop with Aura so that our guests don't get harassed by him, the others move staying out of enemy range. MU attacks Javelin armor with Hand Axe to KO both him and the remaining mage on EP.

T3, Marth gets the last chest while Ryan, relieved from his main task for the map, simply walks towards the map save. MU opens the door equipping Iron Axe and the rest walk. Luke and Arran have to stay out of enemy range because moving more than that would trigger undesirable enemy movement.

On T4 I have MU use the LHS map save which is followed by undrafted mounts taking position to allow Linde to Rescue Marth 3 tiles to the left, then I have Arran KO one of the throne room armors with the Devil Sword. Ryan can then proceed to use the map save near the starting area to alleviate the fact that Luke has 59 Displayed Hit with the Armorslayer on Lang (but hey, it's a ORKO). Marth seizes after the general dies.

C6x: 2/53
Gave Ryan a DG round for Str+Spd (-430G).

On T1, Luke kills the armor on the bridge with a Steel Sword which is followed by Ryan taking Luke's weapon to disarm on EP, he also chips a fighter for a little EXP. Then, MU moves up and kills the RHS fighter (which puts him 2-range of the boss), Linde also moves up to finish the fighter (she also trades MU's Iron for a Hand Axe) chipped by Ryan and Marth takes the LHS bridge tile right besides Linde. Arran attacks the fighter on the bottom left corner bridge with a Steel Lance which allows him to get damaged for Yumina to get some EXP. Radd proves himself smarter than Caesar on EP after the latter suicides on MU, 2 archers also suicided on Linde.

T2, I feed the boss to Linde while the rest mop up enemies and Yumina heals Arran again.

C7: 5/58
Activated the 3rd support convos with Ryan and Luke, the 2nd convo with Linde and the 1st convo with Yumina. Deployed Sirius for shopping.

Managed to get all treasure pretty consistently save for one of the two available Master Seals, only problem is that I need Navarre to proc Spd on his first level to not have to rely on crits.

On T1 Navarre attacks the aggressive thief to his left from above, then Phina dances on him from the left and he finishes from the same spot (if he had crit'd I could've tried to get the extra MS). Luke and Marth begin moving around the LHS of the forest while MU fullmoves northwest to counter the fire dragon on EP with an Iron Axe, Arran moves to the right to bait a thief that will be fed to Ryan, Linde follows MU and Yumina heals Navarre with Physic. Sirius moves to the armory where he'll buy a Hand Axe for MU.

T2, Navarre KOes the hunter that attacked him on EP and Phina dances for him outside of the range of the other hunters, allowing him to attack another aggressive thief from above (he doesn't need to crit) where he levels up. Marth and Luke keep moving around the forest, Linde finishes the dragon while MU moves 6 tiles above her to be a heal target next turn. Arran moves to the left unequipped to bait the thief that attacked him without killing, Yumina heals Navarre. On EP Phina gets attacked by the thief Navarre didn't finish while Navarre gets attacked by a hunter.

T3, Marth keeps moving while Luke is able to KO the Angelic Robe thief, Navarre then KOes the hunter that attacked from the tile to the left of the map save, Phina then dances for Navarre allowing him to KO the last hunter in the forest. As for the rest, Ryan finishes the stray thief for EXP while Arran moves to retrieve the Physic staff from the cave, Linde heals MU (putting her in range of a cav reinforcement on EP) and MU moves north a little, just outside of the range of one of the 2 reinforcement armors. Yumina physics Phina so she can live the thief that will attack her on EP. The last aggressive thief in the forest suicides on Navarre on EP, EP reinforcements likewise suicide on MU and Linde.

T4, Navarre uses map save to allow Marth to KO the Wo Dao thief with Devil Sword safely, then Phina dances for him so he can finish the thief that attacked Phina. MU KOes the STR mage that attacked Marth last EP, then Luke positions himself in front of the boss while KOing a conveniently positioned Master Seal thief. Linde KOes a reinforcement and Arran retrieves the Physic. Luke not hitting the boss on EP is most likely a reset since Phina is not in range to dance for him next turn though killing a thief for loot and trading the Killing Edge from Navarre then getting dance by Phina to critkill the boss with that on T5 can be attempted, wasn't needed in the successful attempt.

Finally on T5 Luke KOes the Scorpio thief which is followed by Navarre taking the Scorpio to KO the bullion thief right besides (rolled 14 Spd instead of 13) and Phina dancing for Luke so he can finish the boss. Before Marth seizes, MU was supposed to chip Astram so Linde can finish for the Mercurius and the EXP but MU ended up critting him and then Linde got competitive and crit'd another hero I had her attack just in case (I want her to get EXP for C11 so MU critting Astram was probably a reset). Yumina also barriered someone before finishing the map.

Unit       Class     Lv        HP  St  Mg  Sk  Sp  Lk  Df  Rs  Wlv		Statboosters
Marth      Lord      10.95     30   9   0  13  13  13   9   0  D Swd
Donut      Hero      12/5.26   38  19   2  24  22  11  17   3  B Swd D Axe
Luke       Paladin   11/3.27   36  19   1  12  16  11  18   7  C Swd D Lnc
Ryan       Archer    9.96      25  12   0   9  10   4   9   0  C Bow
Arran      Paladin   4.54      26  10   1  12  11   4  10   6  D Swd B Lnc
Linde      Sage      11/3.51   28   0  12  14  17  15   4   7  C Tom E Stf
Yumina     Cleric    5.42      18   0   2   2   8  12   3   7  C Stf
Navarre    Myrmidon  10.44     25  11   0  17  17   8   9   0  C Swd
Phina      Dancer    1.97

Edited by Astralevin

On 5/10/2023 at 4:37 AM, PaulDogg said:

Endgame: 1 turn, 128 total (I know that's 2 more than previous total, but my excel sheet says 128)

Excel is right, your totals are off since C17.

C16x: 1 turn, 103 total

Frey gets the sword dude in front of Katarina while holding the starsphere to double, Marth gets the southmost axe dude, Sirius gets the northmost axe dude, Kongming talks to Katarina three times with Phina and Marisha's help, hand axing a sword dude and two axe dudes.  In that sequence Phina took the starsphere, then Kongming took it.  Katarina goes east to move out of the way and Minerva takes her spot to grab the starsphere and protect Phina from the snipers.  Minerva kills the snipers on EP with a +2Mt Javelin.

C17: 3 turns, 105 total

Anyway, I did a chapter again:

C20 4/106 turns

Did two drill grounds sessions with Marth and one with Warren. Gave a Dracoshield to Marth and an Arms Scroll to Catria, and used a Str bond on Xane and a Spd bond on Cecille. The rest is here:

C20x 3/109 turns

Edited by Gradivus.

C21 3/112 turns

Unequipping Catria was actually a bad idea because I forgot that the Swordmaster can attack her from above and block the mountain. A parthia crit fixed it all though, and she successfully reached the secret shop to buy the best and most important statboosters. Used the last remaining Speed Bond on Marth.

Edited by Gradivus.

C22 2/114 turns

Statboosters: gave 1 robe and 1 shield to Marth; 5 icons, 2 robes, 2 shields, 3 talismans to Catria; 5 dusts and 2 secret books to Merric.

C23 2/116 turns

This is why goddess icons were important: combined with the Luck bond, they give Catria 6 more avo. As a result, Glower only pulls 74-75 hit against her instead of 80-81. Since she needs to dodge multiple enemies, this plays a massive role. Gharnef and Dragons (68-70 hit), Meteor (64-65 hit) and Swarm (54-55 hit) are affected in the same way.

I didn't calculate the chance of success, but if she dodges Glower, one more dodge against Gharnef or Meteor is enough to survive. Otherwise, she needs to dodge 3 to 5 enemies.

Endgame 1/117 turns

Final stats and killcounts:

Spoiler

sjrTIHl.pngRYZxLK1.png

He was pretty solid throughout the game. In the lategame, he got beefed up to carry a few chapters. He did it all pretty well.

fnOak7C.pngnIa2mAl.png

Very good combat unit, but his defenses were a lot weaker than in the last draft, partly because I focused less on him. Still, whenever he entered combat, he was pretty much a delete button.

lmicNdU.pngBHtAFHy.png

MVP of the run. Picking her over Palla was worth it because it meant I had an extra unit in C2 and could even use both of them in C3. Palla's lead in terms of base stats wouldn't have helped in any particular chapter (and her lower luck would probably have hurt the C23 strat). That's not to say Palla isn't an excellent unit too, though.

9GNr58e.pngkemiXGt.png

She was a glass cannon, but pretty good offensively. Thanks to lady sword and anti-dragon weapons, she wasn't held back by her weapon ranks either (which were messed up by the fact that I tried to train her in both swords and lances). 10 mov was also important in a lot of chapters.

utiLMnZ.png0iLC8mp.png

As usual, he dropped off in the midgame. Regardless, he was actually deployed in some lategame chapters due to 10 mov, so props to him.

CFWL0EL.pngwnzwvtG.png

He was a pretty important unit by virtue of his 9 mov. His stats took a lot of help (like drill grounds), but he killed enemies pretty reliably in the mid- and lategame.

G6ysRos.pngFURAHl8.png

Getting a unit with staves in their native class is so important in this format. Even if their staff rank is E at base. Pour one out for Wrys.

ovUL9yR.pngKgh2COm.png

Falchion/10. Aside from that, his combat was the most useful in the midgame. There's definitely not enough time to get his staff rank anywhere, so his staff utility was limited to rescue and heal. Fortunately, that didn't impede any of my plans.

t8qvmbj.png2DvldZH.png

Dancer/10

XhwLsFX.pngHXFppBz.png

She was actually very useful as an additional combattant. 8 mov is pretty solid and she had an easy time killing dragons. Her str was definitely on the low end of the spectrum, but it was manageable with the right weapons.

SL4NALe.pngkWFvsq9.png

the heck what, he was actually useful.

WhRlmKm.png4wo7wlN.png

Warp/10

ooUOPoK.pngLblG5zr.png

Xane/10

cVR5GOZ.pngTL4QtPi.png

He helped against one wyvern in C21. Worth it?

YDvP5ZY.pnggakjqpi.png

There was no way to train her without sandbagging other, even fielding her would've required benching better units in the midgame. Thus, she joined the benchwarmers very early. She did help to kill a mage in C6 though.

jzN9sQx.png4eVURz1.png

He simply didn't do anything. I deployed him in C11, but Maris was fine without his help.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:37 AM, PaulDogg said:

I had forgotten how good this game is.  I lost some turns just with poor to nonexistent staff usage plans, but 128 is okay I guess.  Hammerne's usefulness in particular probably didn't pan out as much as I thought it might.  The problem with long distance dances is that it doesn't explicitly save 1 whole turn if, say, a boss on a throne is in Marth's way and nobody's there to remove it.  I wonder if Gradivus would have been able to get more turns saved than costed by getting it.  If I ever hop into another one of these H1 drafts, I think I'll have a better idea of what chapters will be difficult to conserve staff uses appropriately.  Only other regret was picking Darros. 

Well, I agree that Hammerne probably isn't worth it in terms of turncounts, although it probably allowed for some beautiful maneuvers.

Based on my own strategies, there was definitely no way to make it break even since only C17, C20 and C21 look like potential chapters to save more turns, and all of them would take two agains for a turn saved. In your case there were also a few cases (like C23) where multiple again uses were used to save 1 turn. So overall, I think it's impossible (at least in this setting) to save 6 turns with the 6 additional again uses.

Nice run Gradivus, the videos for the last stretch was a treat.  And I appreciate the input on Hammerne, it really does seem like you can't break even much less get ahead.  Even saving a turn with a single use on C20 makes it impossible to get stuff like the brave lance which helps in 22 (or at least I didn't manage it), so back to net zero anyway. gg