The Mario Movie grosses $1 billion worldwide

Perkilator

Woo! Go Mario movie!

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on watching it with my siblings tonight.

Supposedly, the Mario movie is on it's way to dethroning Frozen 2 for the highest grossing animated movie, and no offense to Frozen 2, but I hope it does.

Am I gonna have to come to terms with the highest-grossing animated feature in history being made by Illumination, of all studios?

Anyway, I watched the movie, and left with mixed feelings on it. A little more positive than negative. It's probably not gonna be among my top movies of the year, but I'm glad I went and saw it. Very happy for all those who worked on it, I hope they all get well-deserved bonuses. And it's a great step for the Mario franchise, amd Nintendo as a whole.

So far the consensus seems to be that the Mario movie is competent but also overly safe. As such the extremely good sales are a good thing. Now that the Mario movie has the introductions out of the way and doesn't have to prove itself to nervous executives the new movies can take some more risks.Ā 

Just now saw the news and it definitely deserves the success, I hope this gives movie companies the confidence to greenlight and make more high quality video game movies. A Legend of Zelda movie would do quite well I think, but I'm personally hoping for a Fire Emblem movie myself. Whichever project they plan on making next, I hope they continue on making them as good as the Mario Movie.

Reminder, the movie still has another week before it hits Japan. I think itā€™s safe to say that the initial release alone has single-handedly funded many of Nintendoā€™s future game-related projects.

• Perkilator changed the title to The Mario Movie grosses $1 billion worldwide
On 4/16/2023 at 9:05 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

So far the consensus seems to be that the Mario movie is competent but also overly safe.

Meh, thats the big reason why I refuse to touch Mario anymore, whether games or otherwise. Might as well stay away from this too, then.