Frequently losing interest in continuing runs, after a couple of days away from any fire emblem game.

Kirby1up

For whatever reason it seems every time I take a few days off from from FE games to play other stuff, whether for variety's sake or cause I was stuck on a hard map I didn't feel like tackling that day. I come back to whatever FE game I was working on last only to find my interest drained for whatever reason eventually leading to me switching to a different game or starting a fresh save which tends to help in certain cases but then when I end up switching things up again the same loop happens again. it doesn't seem to be that I don't like the games cause I've made it to about chapter 16-18 in fates several times and did a 2 unit run through silver snow up till the final map before my eventual lose of interest. but it is frustrating that outside of my first runs through the 3ds games,new mystery and TH (minus the golden deer route) I keep losing interest around the mid point, going back to the start and basicly repeating the process again.

Could it be something to do with your approach? I think it's a good idea to play other games for variety. But If burnout is the issue, then maybe adding more game time just compounds the fatigue. Maybe you could try shorter play sessions. Personally I spend 30-60 minutes per day on Fire Emblem, or really most games. Or at least that's the typical length of any play session, I may come back later in the day for another round. There's a lot of real life related reasons why I don't binge games these days, but I think a positive side effect is that I don't really get burned out on anything. Video games are always waiting for me once I make time for them, so there's no rush to clear them. And thinking about how I'd like to make time for them on a daily basis creates an easy-to-manage routine that my subconscious likes to follow. 

The only advice that I can think of is to build up confidence by first playing and beating FE games that have the rewind feature, like Shadows of Valencia, Three Houses, and Engage. The rewind feature is a lifesaver for me, with how it makes the harder maps feel way more bite-sized, and how decisions and moves don't feel nearly as heavy or nerve-racking, since you can just rewind if something goes wrong, so long as one your leads don't die.

Even starting a new gaming session for the day in the middle of a map is more manageable since I can rewind, look at what happened in each of the turns (but not actually confirm the rewind) and bring myself up to speed and continue the map from there. For example, if I was in the middle of an Engage skirmish on Tuesday, had to quit in the middle of it to go to sleep for work the next day, then start up my gaming session on Wednesday after work is done, I can just look at the rewind points to recall what happened during the battle, and refresh myself on how the battle started, how I got to that point, and what I was focused on doing next (like healing someone, getting a flier out of an archer's range, etc.).

• 3 weeks later...

I do understand where you're coming from I feel the same way currently, well kinda. I also think that maybe it would be nice for you to take a break for quite some time and not play at all. Sometimes, you can find yourself losing interest on things which you do everyday. But if you take a break from it, you might miss it and be able to aprpeciate it much later on again.