FE8 Tier list!

geez dont flip out guys! :blink:

edit: i just know somebody's going to argue about ephraim(eph)'s placement...

edit 2: um, hello? hello??????????????????????? where are you guys?

Edited by Sniper Unleashed

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's the tier list as according to Gamefaqs, so, debate away my fine friends!

God Tier

Colm

Seth

Eph. Route Ephraim

Franz

Moulder

Tethys

High Tier

Vanessa

Lute

Eir. Route Gerik

Eph. Route Cormag

Natasha

Eir. Route Eirika

Artur

Eph. Route Duessel

Upper-Middle Tier

Kyle

Eir. Route Ephraim

Gilliam

Joshua

Forde

Tana

Neimi

Eir. Route Innes

Lower-Middle Tier

Eph Route Gerik

Garcia

Ross

Eir. Route Saleh

Eph. Route Eirika

Eir. Route Cormag

Rennac

Amelia/Eir. Route Marisa

L' Arachel

Low Tier

Eir. Route Duessel

Dozla

Myrrh

Eph. Route Saleh

Eph. Route Innes

Eph. Route Marisa

Bottom Tier

Knoll

Syrene

Ewan

Well, here's the tier list as according to Gamefaqs, so, debate away my fine friends!

God Tier

Colm No.

Seth

Eph. Route Ephraim

Franz

Moulder

Tethys Lol no.

High Tier

Vanessa

Lute

Eir. Route Gerik

Eph. Route Cormag

Natasha Lol no.

Eir. Route Eirika

Artur

Eph. Route Duessel

Upper-Middle Tier

Kyle

Eir. Route Ephraim

Gilliam

Joshua

Forde

Tana

Neimi Kind of fragile, though.

Eir. Route Innes

Lower-Middle Tier

Eph Route Gerik

Garcia

Ross

Eir. Route Saleh

Eph. Route Eirika

Eir. Route Cormag

Rennac LOWER.

Amelia/Eir. Route Marisa

L' Arachel Lowerrrrr

Low Tier

Eir. Route Duessel

Dozla You missed

Myrrh

Eph. Route Saleh He's actually pretty good.

Eph. Route Innes

Eph. Route Marisa

Bottom Tier

Knoll

Syrene

Ewan Higher.

I would argue that Knoll > Ewan because he's at least somewhat usable when he enters.

Saleh should be higher than low-mid from Ephraim's route.

Colm should be lower in the Top tier, or even in High. There's not much to steal in this game so all there is is that lockpick utility...

Edited by Nathan Graves

Buyable Chest Keys and tons of Door Keys available as well as Unlock Staves being buyable really hurts Colm's case too much. He's also shit at combat. I don't know what Neimi is doing in Upper Mid, but Colm 100% needs her to be any good at anything.

I would argue that Knoll > Ewan because he's at least somewhat usable when he enters.

True, but his skill, luck, and defense are almost nonexistant and his only good stat is magic. He is useless on the front lines until he promotes, and even then he's really fragile.

Remember, this tier list is about how fast and efficiently you can get through the game. Also, if you want to see the arguments for all these tier positions, go to page 47 of the Gamefaqs Sacred Stones message board. If you don't see it then, keep going till page 55. If you still don't find it, then you must've missed it.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Maybe the dudes on Gamefaqs reached a stalemate on those two...

*reads rest of topic* can we all agree that 'the dudes on Gamefaqs' are rather biased and foolish then? -also Ewan really should be higher as he's the quintessential Est archetype in this game; even w/o abuse there's no reason he can't become even slightly useful; but yeah this is just my opinion- oh well, I suppose I am pretty bias too <_<

Remember, this tier list is about how fast and efficiently you can get through the game. Also, if you want to see the arguments for all these tier positions, go to page 47 of the Gamefaqs Sacred Stones message board. If you don't see it then, keep going till page 55. If you still don't find it, then you must've missed it.

You can get through this game fast and efficiently with any character - with or without Knoll (better without). :mellow:

reads rest of topic* can we all agree that 'the dudes on Gamefaqs' are rather biased and foolish then? -also Ewan really should be higher as he's the quintessential Est archetype in this game; even w/o abuse there's no reason he can't become even slightly useful; but yeah this is just my opinion- oh well, I suppose I am pretty bias too

Wait a minute, you read the whole Gamefaqs topic?

Ok, guys, before we do any debating, I want everyone to read the Gamefaqs reasoning that went behind this because believe it or not, the board wasn't always the noob infested place that it is today, some of the debaters were actually fairly intelligent, and I just want to make sure that we read their arguments just to make sure there isn't something important that we're missing....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=44544992

True, but his skill, luck, and defense are almost nonexistant and his only good stat is magic. He is useless on the front lines until he promotes, and even then he's really fragile.
Ewan has every stat non existent when he enters.

PROTIP: 35% is actually an average speed growth. That's not quite "non existent" if you ask me. 70% HP is also considered good. His Def and Luck suffer but... below Ewan? Come on.

Wait a minute, you read the whole Gamefaqs topic?

yeah kinda, this 'light reading' isn't much though, I once read through an entire 40 page topic on this one board (different forum) which was discussing and testing codes/hack for Tales of the Abyss -quite an experience-

Ewan has every stat non existent when he enters.

PROTIP: 35% is actually an average speed growth. That's not quite "non existent" if you ask me. 70% HP is also considered good. His Def and Luck suffer but... below Ewan? Come on.

Ewan has the potential to be a good character, though. Knoll doesn't.

Knoll comes late with nothing going for him. By the time you get him, you should already have some good magic users i.e. Lute, Artur, Saleh, Moulder, Natasha, etc. And even if you do plan on using him, he could hardly double any enemies, even with Flux, and any other Dark tome would weigh him down way too much.

But this is FE8, so any character is usable. :rolleyes:

Ewan has the potential to be a good character, though. Knoll doesn't.
So? Ewan still takes a lot of work to become a good character. A lot to the point where he has no stats.
Knoll comes late with nothing going for him. By the time you get him, you should already have some good magic users i.e. Lute, Artur, Saleh, Moulder, Natasha, etc. And even if you do plan on using him, he could hardly double any enemies, even with Flux, and any other Dark tome would weigh him down way too much.
So? He can weaken a couple enemies here and there and probably kill a few monsters in the forthcoming monster maps. What can Ewan do when he comes? Pretty much nothing.

And the "you already have some good magic users" argument applies to Ewan, pretty much. It's irrelevant but matters for both if you're going that route.

But this is FE8, so any character is usable. :rolleyes:
This nulls the tier list. This argument is kind of moot.

3/0 Shaman Ewan

9.5 atk, 9.5 AS, 16.8 hit, 2.8 crit - - 29.0 avo, 21.0 hp, 2.5 def, 9.0 res, 10.0 critavo

10/0 Shaman Knoll

12.0 atk, 8.0 AS, 17.8 hit, 4.3 crit - - 16.0 avo, 21.0 hp, 2.0 def, 10.0 res, 0.0 critavo

This is being extremely generous to Knoll level-wise, and if anything Ewan is winning here (2.5 atk + .5 def vs 1.5 AS + 13 avo + everything else). And from here Ewan grows a lot faster. Obviously Ewan has some suck on his track, but 10 trainee levels + 3 normal ones is nothing compared to the immense suck both are facing.

Ewan > Knoll

Edited by Mekkah

minor correction but Knoll's base is level 9, not 10 so your numbers are overall slightly off.

Moving on, I can see how he can level up from a Trainee but I have a hard time believing he'll get to Level 3 as a Shaman...

Edited by Nathan Graves