Some of your sillier builds?

teacup3

It's definitely a relic of an age long past, but Windsweep Ephraim was a total meme. The idea was to stack his speed (with things like Darting Blow and Rouse Spd/Whatever) as much as possible paired with Siegmund's original refine to effectively do what Dancer Ethlyn is built for; negate the follow-up penalty of Windsweep and turn it into a speed check while also still being able to deny the enemy the chance to counterattack.

It's far from viable on him anymore, but the fact that it could even be done at one point was hilarious.

Edit: oh shoot, I thought this was heroes, lmao

Edited by indigoasis

Thief Vayle with Chrom is really fun since she benefits from the extra magic and her personal knife works as thief. But with her personal skill and rally, she also can easily support the team as well. It was really fun. (this can technically be done on wolf knight too, but I like having pass and the extra movement while engaged as a covert class)

I mentioned it in another thread but I also really enjoyed Mage Cannon Zelestia. With Keen insight it is an easy +7 damage on effect attacks, which you will have for the 2nd half of the game, legit on everything essentially, corrupted, flying, armored, dragon, cavs. Easy 1 shots and then gives your team the +20 hit.  Second skill is up to you. I found using 3 houses bracelet really useful since you can also poison or flame gambit from super far. (plus the extra dex and str is nice) or use corrin for the ranged freeze effect from engaging. 

Lastly, I made Nel into a mage knight and gave her the dark tome that Vayle had (since she was my thief). Because Nel is a fell dragon it works on her.  (use assign decoy from Soren on Rafal) and you have easy +10 Crit as well on player phase (assuming you bait the enemy in)

*EDIT, on my 2nd dlc file, I made Zelestia into a sword tank kinda. I gave her sword power and Speed/Dex 5(max Rank) Brave sword, Levin Sword, Thoron, and hector. While engaged his rune sword is OP af. Can't be broken and heals you back. It turns you into a self healing machine.

Edit again because I misread the OP.

I tried to make Vander into a Sage... it was... difficult lmao. He ended up turning into a staff bot because of it. 

Edited by BloodRonin

23 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

Lastly, I made Nel into a mage knight and gave her the dark tome that Vayle had (since she was my thief). Because Nel is a fell dragon it works on her.

Reading the bit in bold gave me such a huge "Eureka" moment. I'd completely forgotten that Obscurite only states "Fell Dragon-only" unlike Veyle's dagger. An early hint that IS wanted to add other Fell Dragons down the line clearly. Sneaky!

Anyway, it's a weird sort of poetry to give it to another Dragon while Veyle doubles down on using her knife. Neat!

F for your Sage!Vander plans though.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Reading the bit in bold gave me such a huge "Eureka" moment. I'd completely forgotten that Obscurite only states "Fell Dragon-only" unlike Veyle's dagger. An early hint that IS wanted to add other Fell Dragons down the line clearly. Sneaky!

Anyway, it's a weird sort of poetry to give it to another Dragon while Veyle doubles down on using her knife. Neat!

F for your Sage!Vander plans though.

Mage Knight Nel has been fun. I actually recently changed Veyle into a wolf knight in order to gain Axe access since I needed it after reclassing Chloe from Wyvern. (and gave Veyle her Noatun). Veyle actually gained more magic base 29 at max, and I gave her Erika putting me at 32. I can make use of hobble with the magic knife or silver dagger, Level 5 Noatun for more in your face damage, and I have canter+ so I can easily reposition after attacking to help support with her personal skill. Now I just need to add another skill to her. Not sure what the 2nd skill will be yet. (And it works out well with my team, cause Rafal is a tank for me, easily proccing Nel's personal, and with her engraved dark tome (thanks Veyle) she has close to 70 crit base with it. It is so great. 

Edited by BloodRonin

2 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

Mage Knight Nel has been fun. I actually recently changed Veyle into a wolf knight in order to gain Axe access since I needed it after reclassing Chloe from Wyvern. (and gave Veyle her Noatun). Veyle actually gained more magic base 29 at max, and I gave her Erika putting me at 32. I can make use of hobble with the magic knife or silver dagger, Level 5 Noatun for more in your face damage, and I have canter+ so I can easily reposition after attacking to help support with her personal skill. Now I just need to add another skill to her. Not sure what the 2nd skill will be yet. (And it works out well with my team, cause Rafal is a tank for me, easily proccing Nel's personal, and with her engraved dark tome (thanks Veyle) she has close to 70 crit base with it. It is so great. 

Ooh, that sounds really interesting, I'd love to hear about your other builds! Your Alear and Rafal are still Dragon units right, or did you reclass Alear too?

Maybe you could give Veyle Draconic Hex to double down on the debuffing aspect? As for Nel, maybe Canter and one of Soren's skills if she's mainly going to be a magic user (I assume her other weapon is a lance).

Edited by DefyingFates

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, that sounds really interesting, I'd love to hear about your other builds! Your Alear and Rafal are still Dragon units right, or did you reclass Alear too?

Alear and Rafal are dragon units still.

Rafal has Tiki, weapon sync+, and the 2nd skill haven't decided on yet. But with tiki and using exclusively his dragon stones only, he will always get+7 attack on them.  Also, with his passive (the crit) it stacks super well with tiki's eternal claw for super high crit. May try wrath as the other skill maybe.  What is even better is fog breath to aoe attack and then put fog on the ground. My Yunaka then comes in on the fog as a Sniper and with chrom/sniper skill she guarantees a crit. (And while engaged radiant bow does insane damage).

Alear has sword power maxed. I haven't actually given her a 2nd skill yet since I ran out of sp books >_<. I usually go Marth or Roy on them. 

9 minutes ago, BloodRonin said:

Alear and Rafal are dragon units still.

Rafal has Tiki, weapon sync+, and the 2nd skill haven't decided on yet. But with tiki and using exclusively his dragon stones only, he will always get+7 attack on them.  Also, with his passive (the crit) it stacks super well with tiki's eternal claw for super high crit. May try wrath as the other skill maybe.  What is even better is fog breath to aoe attack and then put fog on the ground. My Yunaka then comes in on the fog as a Sniper and with chrom/sniper skill she guarantees a crit. (And while engaged radiant bow does insane damage).

Alear has sword power maxed. I haven't actually given her a 2nd skill yet since I ran out of sp books >_<. I usually go Marth or Roy on them. 

Cool! Have you engraved any dragon stones by the way? If so, which ones did you give them?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Cool! Have you engraved any dragon stones by the way? If so, which ones did you give them?

I have 2 engraved, the ranged one has the 3 houses engraving *which once you get Rafal to max build, the weight is tied for no speed drop off.

I have his normal fell stone with Marth.  Others aren't worth engraving since they are situational use.

And sorry I missed your other post earlier, Nel is using her Lance. She doesn't use it often, but it does come in handy when needed.

10 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

I have 2 engraved, the ranged one has the 3 houses engraving *which once you get Rafal to max build, the weight is tied for no speed drop off.

Thanks! I used Chrom's Engraving on one Ruinstone and was wondering which to put on Rafal's. Three Houses sounds good enough to me!

10 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

And sorry I missed your other post earlier, Nel is using her Lance. She doesn't use it often, but it does come in handy when needed.

No worries, thank you for letting me know!