Merciless/Hard 5 Walkthrough

Ah, if you're an arena abuser, then I guess you don't really need suggestions on what characters to use. Elice comes after chapter 23 (meaning she'll be in C24's prep screen).

The real Gharnef's position is random.

Medeus can't be doubled in H5, enemies will have increased STR growths and quickly switch to stronger weapons. However, abusers may not find the game challenging at all since you'll be able to nuke late game enemies with ease. Brave weapons are obtainable in the online shop in the weekends.

With overpowered units, you may find the C24 reinforcements to be disappointing =\.

My only regret is that I don't have Wi-Fi, so no online shop for me! :'(

Was I just imagining it, or is it possible to access the DS WFC via the Wii's Sensor Bar? Surely it's theoretically possible given the downloadable Demos on the Nintendo Channel?

Meh. Just a thought (and a dream).

I managed to 20/20 Elice on those Reinforcements on Normal. I used Marth as a Wall whilst Elice spammed Recover Staves (Healing Staves are essential for Arena abuse). Then she destroyed the Manaketes with Magic.

I finished the rest off with Berserker Darros including Xemcel (Note : Darros was about 20/10 with APPALLING Spd). I guess I was a bit too greedy with wanting another 20/20 character. :lol:

Are the Arenas proportionately harder on Merciless, or are they a joke just like Normal mode? RnK really turned the screws on with the Arenas on Hard Mode.

Thanks again.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, I only used the arenas in my Wifi team file and that's it. I hear they're quite difficult to abuse though.

Don't think you can access the DS WFC via the wii sensor bar... first I've heard of such a thing...

Thanks for all of this help. I appreciate it.

As for Arenas, this is the first FE game where I've ever accepted a 1400 wager and won with ease. It really is incredibly easy on Normal.

I guess I hope that they haven't altered the Arena difficulty on Merciless, as it makes the Arenas seem more like sidequest than a main part/facility of the story. That way, at least the Arenas could be treated like a separate entity altogether.

I like it when games allow for freedoms, but I guess it opens it up to abuse and thus can spoil a challenge.

Erh Excuse me but in the tier list Zagaro is a good unit but which class is the best for him ?

And if I forget to shapeshift Cheine (lvl30) does he have a change to dodge ?

Hero makes him a decent fighter. General makes him an epic tank. General's the best IMO.

Chainey/Xane is better off imitating/shape shifted as one of your strong units. He won't survive for long if he remains in his original form.

Uh...Levin...remember that armor knight from Chapter 10? The one that you said wouldn't move till I got into the range of the snipers? Well uh...I had all my units outside the archers range...and he came up to Bantu and criticaled him...even though you said he wouldn't move till I was in the archers range...

Interesting. Can you send me a save file of that chapter and/or a picture marking the AK you're referring to? I wasted several turns trying to see if the AK I was talking about moved or not but he never did unless an archer would attack me too.

Edited by Levin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Levin, I really think you should alter chapter 3 slightly. Your strategy is to split your units up to deal with Navarres squad and the three axe dudes comin from the west, but I find that that puts your team at real risk. Instead, I find it more convenient to just go all out at the axe dudes, putting Oguma on the forest where the closest Axe dude can just barely reach him, and do major damage. After that, just swarm and overwhelm the 3 axe dudes with all your units might.

What about the cleric girl you asked? Just send one of your worthless units as a meatshield for her, that's what I did.

Hey Levin, I really think you should alter chapter 3 slightly. Your strategy is to split your units up to deal with Navarres squad and the three axe dudes comin from the west, but I find that that puts your team at real risk. Instead, I find it more convenient to just go all out at the axe dudes, putting Oguma on the forest where the closest Axe dude can just barely reach him, and do major damage. After that, just swarm and overwhelm the 3 axe dudes with all your units might.

What about the cleric girl you asked? Just send one of your worthless units as a meatshield for her, that's what I did.

@Bold:I don't recall suggesting any "splitting up" in this chapter because that's stupid:

To start this one off, you'll want Julian and Lena to run away from the mob, Shiida on the peak, avoiding the hunter's range, Marth going for the village to get the Devil Axe on the 2nd turn and every1 else to prepare for Nabarl's group.

I've tried dealing with the western fighters first but you'll end up surrounded and it would require much luck to survive. It's best to take on Navarre's group first and THEN deal with the western fighters since since you'll be able to prevent 2 of them from attacking a single unit more easily.

To start this one off, you'll want Julian and Lena to run away from the mob, Shiida on the peak, avoiding the hunter's range, Marth going for the village to get the Devil Axe on the 2nd turn and every1 else to prepare for Nabarl's group

Really? That's not what happened with me, I just wiped out all three fighters in one turn, and Navarre and the two thieves with him were far enough ahead of the other axe dudes that by the time they were able to catch up with the cleric girl, it took the axe fighters another turn to catch up to Navarre.

Mainly, I just tried to kill the thieves as fast as possible while using my "expendable units" to do everything they can to block the axe dudes. I'd demonstrate it, but my Emulator still crashes on me, and since the only way I play it now is on a real DS, I can't show you. Sorry.

Add this line:

Alternatively, you could focus on the western fighters first and have units you're going to kill off in this chapter block the Fighters from Nabarl's group.

Personally, I'd have the useless units attack Reynard in hope of not needing Killing Edge's critical, but it seems your method can work as well.

He was changed to mage for chapter 7 because I thought I'd need Excalibur. In chapter 11, when I said "staff abuse" I mean having the ballisticans damage my units and then spend lots of turns having Merric heal them. I did however spam Physics and Barrier staff with him, which explains why he got so many level ups.

I had them as Snipers because for my play style, that was their best choice. Wolf and Sedgar were enough for tanking and turning Cain and Abel to Swordmasters would be stupid since they'd have to take a Brave Weapon counter-attack (SM poor defense says hi). Paladin and Draco Knight are pretty much the same and the MOV isn't helping since I kept my units close together.

Edited by Levin