How minimum "New Game +" can I do?

I know there's a bonus character for doing all 3 routes on one save file and this has put me in a bit of a pickle.

I generally dislike using a new game + feature as it usually makes a game too easy, and with Hopes I can see it easily doing that.

But I have to do NG+ for all rotues in order to unlock this character.

Any advice on how to minimize new game + stuff? I know all your items carry over, including Accessories which seems like an issue.

Yeah, just use the level reset feature on everyone and it'll more or less balance out. You can also use this to your advantage by releveling your characters in a class that has higher/more ideal growths. Do your third and maybe 2nd runs on the highest difficulty, and it should feel right.

You can set your level to 1, trash all your imported weapons and any crucial items (and don't use the ones you can't trash, like relics or whatever). You'll still important facility upgrades but those aren't that game-breaking by themselves. As mentioned you can also set the difficulty higher, though be warned that NG+ Maddening is still easier than NG Hard with almost any significant importing.

Agreed that gating content behind NG+ was really stupid. It should have unlocked just for beating all three routes on one player profile.

8 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

You can set your level to 1, trash all your imported weapons and any crucial items (and don't use the ones you can't trash, like relics or whatever). You'll still important facility upgrades but those aren't that game-breaking by themselves. As mentioned you can also set the difficulty higher, though be warned that NG+ Maddening is still easier than NG Hard with almost any significant importing.

Agreed that gating content behind NG+ was really stupid. It should have unlocked just for beating all three routes on one player profile.

I guess i could try trashing everything with the level reset but even then, can you trash achievement stuff? since stuff like the batallions/weapons for achievement rewards seem unique.

Oh, yeah, the achievement rewards won't be earned again. You could always keep the battalions; I don't think they'll be game-breaking, since the best ones require higher ranks you won't get until midway through the game anyway.

3 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Oh, yeah, the achievement rewards won't be earned again. You could always keep the battalions; I don't think they'll be game-breaking, since the best ones require higher ranks you won't get until midway through the game anyway.

Can I accidently permanently destroy the unique weapons/batallions given by them or can I only get rid of the "generic" rewards.

At least of the unique stuff like the secret transport force, I know not to use them too early but I'm worried if I can accidently permanently destroy them from my save file.

I've never used stat boosters so I can just leave those in my inventory.