Fire Emblem Awakening Modding Help.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with modding Fire Emblem Awakening. I have a physical 3DS thats already homebrewed, I've installed thane98's Paragon, and i have a few mods from GameBanana that I would like to install but I have no idea where to go from here. I have just extracted a romf of Awakening but I am unsure of how to continue as all the guides I can find are in relation to Fates. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all in advance.

For Paragon you take the romfs folder you've extracted and use it in projects that will output your edited files into its own romfs folder. For the project directories, "Extracted RomFS Directory" is where you insert your extracted romfs folder. Edits you make will appear as modified files in wherever you set "Output Directory" to.

Once you've made all the changes you want, you'll take your output files and put it into your 3DS's microSD so luma will apply it. This would usually be under "microSD\luma\titles\00040000000a0500\romfs". If that directory does not exist yet you can just create it.

Finally to enable your mod, open Luma settings (hold SELECT while 3DS boots up) and make sure to check "Enable game patching" (x). Then hit START to save and exit, and now your 3DS is running a modded Awakening.

You might have to manage having multiple mods yourself, some may modify the same files and will cause a conflict.

8 hours ago, nPhlames said:

For Paragon you take the romfs folder you've extracted and use it in projects that will output your edited files into its own romfs folder. For the project directories, "Extracted RomFS Directory" is where you insert your extracted romfs folder. Edits you make will appear as modified files in wherever you set "Output Directory" to.

Once you've made all the changes you want, you'll take your output files and put it into your 3DS's microSD so luma will apply it. This would usually be under "microSD\luma\titles\00040000000a0500\romfs". If that directory does not exist yet you can just create it.

Finally to enable your mod, open Luma settings (hold SELECT while 3DS boots up) and make sure to check "Enable game patching" (x). Then hit START to save and exit, and now your 3DS is running a modded Awakening.

You might have to manage having multiple mods yourself, some may modify the same files and will cause a conflict.

Thanks for the detailed response! Once I download the mods themselves, where do I place them? Do I just drag and drop into the romfs folder and then load up paragon? 

6 minutes ago, nPhlames said:

No you can just put them into your 3DS right away, those ones are already modified files.

Sorry to bother you once more, so i just put them onto the root of the SD card then? or is there a specific folder required?

1 hour ago, nPhlames said:

Into the same "microSD\luma\titles\00040000000a0500\romfs" directory, mods that also change files under here are applied the same way as if you've used Paragon.

It worked! Thanks so much for your help.

• 2 weeks later...