Question About Chapter 22 (Spoilers)

vanguard333

I just completed chapter 22 and Marth's paralogue. Overall, a neat chapter and paralogue. However, there is one thing that confuses me:

If I understand correctly, chapter 22 reveals that the ring Lumera wanted to give Alear contained the rest of Lumera's divine dragon essence, which would've made Alear completely divine dragon as a result, and Alear now has the ring, infusing them with that power and making their hair and eyes completely blue.

At the same time, after Alear dies a 2nd time, the twelve emblems use their secret one-time ability: the Miracle, to revive Alear as a living Emblem, and they convert the ring into an Emblem ring that stores Alear's Emblem powers. The Emblems say that they could've used this ability at any time, and it was shown in an earlier chapter that they originally were considering using the Miracle to revive Lumera, so it evidently wasn't necessary that Lumera's gift be used as the emblem ring; any ring would've worked.

However, Alear is only completely blue-haired while in Emblem form; they are still blue-and-red by default. The other emblems' hair colours aren't all blue, so Alear's hair being completely blue in emblem form is from being infused with the essence Lumera stored in the ring. But, if it is from being infused with more divine dragon essence and not from becoming an Emblem, then shouldn't Alear's hair and eyes be completely blue all the time by now? Making this even weirder is that, as I learned from using engage+ in the Marth paralogue, the person that is using the Alear Emblem (in this case, it was Ivy) has blue-and-red hair even though Alear's hair is completely blue as an Emblem.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I just find this really confusing. Is there an explanation that I missed?

Best I see it, Alear still have their Fell Dragon essence, so the half-red hair is there to stay. Turning full blue when Engaging, I'd guess, is because they're not making use of the Fell essence during it. Just the Emblem energy and most likely Divine Essence only.

Engage forms don't match the hair color of the Emblems most of the time. I think the color of the gem/jewel in the ring plays more of a factor, actually. Like how Byleth's ring has a purple gem and characters who engage with him gain a magenta/violet hair color. As it stands, Alear's ring's jewel is blue and red, so the hair for anyone Engaging is also blue and red.

Edited by Acacia Sgt