Conquest Lunatic No Pair Up

LoneRecon400

Recently beat this challenge and figured I may as post it here.

Here's a link to the playthrough. Be warned the gameplay will be a little rough until Chapter 13 which was when I started playing chapters in advance.

It was a fun challenge outside a few chapters like 20, but it really goes to show how much Attack Stance falls off in the late game.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Neat, congrats!

Do you have any memorable strategies/moments or insights from the run?

A lot of the later maps were pretty interesting. Like this was my first beating Chapter 21 without using any of the Dragon Vein.

Doing the Right Side of Chapter 25 wthout Shelter in particular was quite the doozy. It's the entire reason why I raised Charlotte even though she was more of liability than anything else for a lot of maps and had to be fed 2 Arm Scolls to really be useful. Could've also probably done without shuriken breaker, but wanted to have some insurance.

As for insights, knowing how the AI targets units and how it sometimes doesn't include blocking other enemies off was key for some areas like the top of Chapter 24. Also knowing how they don't account for Aura skills was required for strats such as luring the stoneborn away from someone it could combine to kill for Chapter 26.

But if I had to say one thing, it'd be this: Berserkers are the strongest in the entre world.

Edited by LoneRecon400

Chapter 25 right side does seem like an absolute doozy. I didn't even think about how this run softbanned Shelter. Obviously you can beat the map just by setting up a Corrin build to bypass the rest of the map, but good for you for not needing to.

You mentioned the chapter 26 stoneborn and I'm surprised you engaged them at all; the sorcerer room is usually the place I find attack stance most useful in the lategame, so would definitely have gone that way. Did you go left for the spy weapon, or did you clear out both paths for exp and/or fun?

9 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

But if I had to say one thing, it'd be this: Berserkers are the strongest in the entre world.

Be careful, or you might trigger some rants about Russian Roulette...

3 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

You mentioned the chapter 26 stoneborn and I'm surprised you engaged them at all; the sorcerer room is usually the place I find attack stance most useful in the lategame, so would definitely have gone that way. Did you go left for the spy weapon, or did you clear out both paths for exp and/or fun?

Only cleared out the initial enemies in the hallway for some Exp on Charlotte in case she needed to one shot  enemies in endgame, but that turned out to be unnecessary.

I could've cleared out the Faceless room by turtling and having corrin take the stoneborne hits in the center room to seperate them and the faceless. But that takes way too long for my liking and most of my units were already capped out.

I seriously stand by that statement. On a run like this, Berserkers are pretty vital. Not only are they the ones dishing out the most damaging dual strikes, they're also pretty easily capable of being boosted into doubling range, arent affected as much by the Hexing Rod, and can obtain really accurate one shots on tricky enemies like ninja.

Endgame would've been so much more of a hassle if I didn't have a unit who could one shot the Enfeeble maids. Outside of reclass shenanigans, Berserkers are the only ones who can do so.

Edited by LoneRecon400

7 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

I seriously stand by that statement. On a run like this, Berserkers are pretty vital. Not only are they the ones dishing out the most damaging dual strikes, they're also pretty easily capable of being boosted into doubling range, arent affected as much by the Hexing Rod, and can obtain really accurate one shots on tricky enemies like ninja.

Endgame would've been so much more of a hassle if I didn't have a unit who could one shot the Enfeeble maids. Outside of reclass shenanigans, Berserkers are the only ones who can do so.

Oh, just to be clear, I was having a bit of fun re Berserkers. I completely agree with you; their offence is extremely useful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 8:27 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Not today. My interest is too piqued by this for that. So I will ask something else... how much trouble did enemy dual strikes cause?

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How much trouble did enemy dual strikes cause?

It depends. Most maps either relied on a lot of player phase action that relied on one shoting the enemy with dual strikes or heavy enemy phase moments where most enemies attacked normally rather than use dual strikes. So Dual Striking wasn't that much of a issue.

There were some maps were they were a problem though, such as the left side of Chapter 16, Ch 19 Life and Death Kitsune, and the Ch 26 reinforcement Sorcerers.

But those issues were caused because I either lacked skills like Auras, mage killers, or both.

Really stacking Defense made enemy dual striking a lot less threatening. That's mainly I how I got though most maps without any issues.

Edited by LoneRecon400