Give me your craziest idea for a new Smash fighter

Perkilator

Smash is known for having fighters that, on the surface, make most people think “the hell does this work?” and yet they’re able to make it work. So, with that being said, give me some of your wackiest Smash fighter ideas.

For me, It’s a Yiga Clan Footsoldier as Sheik’s Echo Fighter.

Any character who canonically has the ability to rewind time in their home game. I'll say Max Caulfield from Life Is Strange as the peak "how could they ever implement this?" but it could equally well be Braid, Prince of Persia, or even Alear. But, basically, put time rewind into Smash. If I take a big hit, let me rewind to before it happened and play it out differently. I have no idea how that could be made to work in a way that would be both fun to use and fun to play against.

Slightly less wacky but still pretty out there, I want to be able to play the Prince from Katamari Damacy, push a katamari around everywhere, and be able to roll up both my opponents and the stages I'm on.

The L-Block from Tetris.

I'm envisioning it moving by sorta "hopping around", kinda like Mario when he takes over block letters in Odyssey. Its default position would look like... well, an L... whereas it's A-button attacks (including Smash attacks) would see it rotate into each possible configuration. And, its B-button attacks would temporarily reconfigure it into another piece. B-down would "slam down" as a 2x2, while B-side would see it cross the screen as an S-block or Z-block, depending on direction. B-neutral would turn it into a mirrored L-block, and reflect any projectile attacks back toward the attacker. Finally, B-up causes it to shoot straight up as the I-block.

But, what about the final smash? The whole field would turn into a mini Tetris game for about ten seconds. Every enemy turns into a piece, and if you manage to destroy them in lines, they are instantly KO'd. But if you only partially delete them, they take damage proportional to how much you get rid of (i.e. 25% for one piece, 50% for two, and 75% for three).

Captain Toad:

A Smash Bros. fighter who, true to the gameplay in his game, cannot jump. The character's attacks revolve around using items from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. I once created a moveset for Captain Toad in another topic, but I also really like this moveset that someone created:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

My most "out there" concept is probably the Dr. Wily & Robot Masters fighter team I've suggested here before. As a recap, rather than play Wily directly, you play as one of the many Robot Masters he's built or stolen and reprogrammed, with a limited ability to switch which one you're playing mid-battle. Ideally, there would be eight to choose from, but four would probably be a more feasible number. When selecting the fighter, you choose which RM to start the match as, and if you get knocked out and have any stocks left (or it's a timed match with no stocks), you have a few seconds to pick which RM to play next before respawning. The RMs are selected using a grid much like the stage select in traditional Mega Man games.

In the battle proper, Wily will watch from the background in his UFO or Capsule, presumably issuing orders to the active RM. When the Robot Master scores a knockout, Wily will cackle or twirl his mustache, but when the RM gets knocked out, he'll facepalm or angrily pound his fist instead.

The RMs all share the same final smash: Wily Machine, specifically the Machine from Power Fighters which does a good job of conveying Wily's skull motif while also providing an effective attack in the form of the mouth beam.