What are the best units and classes and pairup for maddening no dlc in classic mode?

Tjrjrjjrjrjr

Not sure what difficulty you’re trying this on but if its normal/hard you can use whoever you like.

Some characters may need some investment to be good for later like Chloe, Lapis, Amber. And then there are characters that needs some minor help but more resources are welcome like Ivy, Kagetsu, Pandreo etc.

11 hours ago, samthedigital said:

Are you just trying to beat Maddening or are you trying to do a specific type of playthrough?

I am trying beat maddening on classic mode with no dlc. Besides that there are no other specific type of play through. 

also in the future should I use the general question thread for this type of question?

Edited by Tjrjrjjrjrjr

1 hour ago, Tjrjrjjrjrjr said:

also in the future should I use the general question thread for this type of question?

I'm not sure, but the general question thread is usually meant for questions with simple answers. What you're asking for is far more complicated, and I would not be able to give you an appropriate answer succinctly.

More broadly speaking Xander and Louis are units that you're going to want to use early on to carry you through the early game while investing in 1-3 units for later; Chloe and your main lord are two good options. You'll want them to inherit Canter for later on. Once you get past chapter 11 you'll want to fill the rest of your team with any unit you see that has good bases; you can be the judge of that; there are plenty of them available. Past that I'd suggest you make a judgement call on what emblems to fit your units with and what class to use. I can give you some loose suggestions if you like, but any more than that would require a lot of effort, and you don't really need a tl;dr to beat Maddening.

24 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

I'm not sure, but the general question thread is usually meant for questions with simple answers. What you're asking for is far more complicated, and I would not be able to give you an appropriate answer succinctly.

More broadly speaking Xander and Louis are units that you're going to want to use early on to carry you through the early game while investing in 1-3 units for later; Chloe and your main lord are two good options. You'll want them to inherit Canter for later on. Once you get past chapter 11 you'll want to fill the rest of your team with any unit you see that has good bases; you can be the judge of that; there are plenty of them available. Past that I'd suggest you make a judgement call on what emblems to fit your units with and what class to use. I can give you some loose suggestions if you like, but any more than that would require a lot of effort, and you don't really need a tl;dr to beat Maddening.

The more suggestion the better if you want. Also I assume you mean Alfred not Xander? Also does emblem sp stick to one character? Should I promote right away?

Edited by Tjrjrjjrjrjr

36 minutes ago, Tjrjrjjrjrjr said:

Also I assume you mean Alfred not Xander?

No, I don't mean Alfred. Vander is better early on, and you're going to want to stop using both of them eventually anyway.

edit: Apparently I had Conquest on the mind; one letter difference, woops.

Also does emblem sp stick to one character?

Yes, but you can use the well for SP books; stick to 2-3 stars.

Should I promote right away?

Yes, there is absolutely no downside to early promotion in this game.

The more suggestion the better if you want.

Wyvern, Wolf Knight, Mage Knight, Sage, Griffin Knight, and Warrior are the primary classes you'll want to go into. Martial Master and Sniper are also good classes for specific emblem niches. One of the units later on, Ivy, and Hortensia also have great personal classes.

Edited by samthedigital

Most of the brodia and firene units scale worse than the massive stat wall of kagetsu merrin pandreo...

But you can definetly use anyone.

For pairup i like alear as paladin/wivern + lucina for the 100% bonded shield on a mounted mage or for Ivy personal class.

53 minutes ago, Alogeo said:

For pairup i like alear as paladin/wivern + lucina for the 100% bonded shield on a mounted mage or for Ivy personal class.

I'll give a quick shoutout to Martial Master Alear. I prefer that to Paladin for the flexibility at the cost of Alear not having any combat utility. My go-to would be Wyvern though.