Thracia 776 recruiting different path characters. Is it possible?

Cryel731

I got to playing Thracia 776. I got to Chapter 19. Where you are able to recruit 1 of 2 characters depending on the path you took. Now, I did not go through the trouble of not killing Amalda just to kill her or see her go here.

The question of whether it is possible... the answer is yes.

I went ahead and changed the portrait of a character (Salem in Slot 16) to Schroff and went ahead and talked to both characters and they joined.

My question is not whether I could legitimately do it. My question is if could add a character either through a Cheat or through Hex editing the save file. I've done some hex editing in the past but I'm not expert. I don't know where the unit values are. This is because I only replaced Schroff in place of Salem instead of having Schroff added to the roster.

I don't know the possibility that it could cause an error later on, but we'll see.

Edit: I do want to see whether it is possible. There is a hiccup with the portrait replacement. If you turn off the cheat to replace the portrait. The character turns into "Supply" instead of "Salem" or "Schroff" and then disappears. So having the cheat on until the chapter is finished is probably important.

I don't know which one is the save file. If someone wants to help me figure this out.

Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776 (J) (Project Exile English Patch).srm Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776 (J) (Project Exile English Patch).oops

Edited by Cryel731

It's not surprising. They know you won't have one of the two required characters to recruit the Chapter 19 characters, so simply leaving their recruitment entirely intact but denying you the character to actually initiate it is the simplest way to make their recruitment.

I feel like the splitting paths is kind of shitty. I picked the other path mostly because you get Best Boy Shanam. The other path you can get unknown characters like [Illios? outdated walkthrough names]. Who you can only recruit if you don't have Olwen in your army. The walkthrough claims there is no reason given as to why. Which means you won't get to interact with Reinhardt later on.

I also don't see why you can't have both Ced and Saias. Obviously I like Ced more and that's the character I know, but I feel that's just weird.

Edited by Cryel731

I don't wanna bump this thread. I'm no expert in Hex, So I've only got theories as to how this could work. 

If I wanted to add Schroff. The value for the portrait of Schroff is 29. I don't think the actual save data is the same as portrait data.

I don't know if the Character Data is in order. So in the deployment menu it could be from left to right. So right now the last 3 character slots would be: Amalda, Conomor, Dermott. So 2D,2E,30. That's a maybe. There's also Suspend Data. Which might be the same as portrait data. I would suspect the Suspend Data is the same as in game. So you could change the value like you would with the cheat but I have no idea.

I doubt the character values are next to each other because it has to account for HP and STR and all of that so I don't know. Unless those values are in a different location.

Just theory. If I found Dermott's location, so:

Dermott
Forest Knight
LVL 3  
EXP 7
STR 11
MAG 5
SKL 12

30,?? (Value for Forest Knight),03,07,0B,05,0C

Edited by Cryel731
Theorizing