Must.... Meteor.. Smash...

Destiny Hero

Meteor?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. SMASH!!!!!

• Si!
    • Nah.

Except that all you've gotta do with Ike is just stick it out under your legs and ram it into your opponent ?_? I mean, you're not going to be dairing a lot of people with either character if the opponent is recovering high, and low recoveries in Brawl are a lot less vulnerable when compared to Melee's (where Marth's dair is pretty easy to land).

my favorite meteor smash is when someone gets caught under the pirate ship

Thats not a meteor. I don't even think that qualifies as a stage spike unless you force your opponent into the wall of doom.

I must say that doing a meteor attack feels just GREAT, and I try to do them everytime I send someone offstage. Unfortunately Im not very good doing them, I play with Marth and it is rather difficult for me to get the hit right. In melee I used to be good doing the meteor with the sword dance (sideB) but in Brawl I think thats no longer a meteor smash, or at least it is significantly harder to time the hit.

Anyway I commit more suicides attempting to meteor/spike than I kill :lol:

I'm getting so good at landing Falcon's dair in 64. I know its not technically a meteor since there's no MCing but HOT DAMN! I've spiked a few Pikachu's right out of their quick attack.

So Ive been practicing more with marth (though I don't think Im getting better) and I've read that the third down strike with his blade dance is stil a meteor as long as it doesnt hit with the tip, but it is very weak so I dont think I'll practice that. But I've read that his up tilt is a meteor smash as long as marth faces the opposite direction and catch opponent with the blade as it returns to the other side after the attack, I dont really get it, anyone knows or has done this meteor smash???

Edited by Edorian

• 3 weeks later...
So Ive been practicing more with marth (though I don't think Im getting better) and I've read that the third down strike with his blade dance is stil a meteor as long as it doesnt hit with the tip, but it is very weak so I dont think I'll practice that. But I've read that his up tilt is a meteor smash as long as marth faces the opposite direction and catch opponent with the blade as it returns to the other side after the attack, I dont really get it, anyone knows or has done this meteor smash???

Up tilt - I saw it once, never got it. It's really inconvenient though, so best to ignore it.

Blade Dance - I used this in Melee, as it looked uber cool, but it's not very effective here.

Plan of action? Stick to Dair.

I meteor smash the most with Ganondorf. And Ike is second in line. But I think the most satisfying Meteor Smash would have to be Luigi down taunt. lol I caught so many people by surprise when I hit them with it....

• 2 weeks later...

I've realized that something more satisfying than a Meteor Smash kill is a Foot stool jump kill, it feels great to killl someone just by stepping over him. And something even more satisfying is footstool jump AND meteor smash, It feels GREAT!