Instances of Bad Luck

Ragnell

What are some of your unlucky moments in the FE series?

One I had was in FE7's endgame. After I killed Uhai, I sent Canas up to take out the sage, bishop, and druid in the next room. All three attacked him on the next turn. The bishop did 18 damage, then the druid did some more damage. Finally, the sage attacked with bolting. With a 20% chance of hitting me, he killed Canas.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your main Lord misses twice. Frequently

Tha applies to FE Gaiden.

Edited by Skasha

When in PoR, after 2 hours of abusing, Haar attacks some dude ith 97% which in real hit is 99+%. He misses, not once, but twice. My brother said, "ah screw it, he has like 23% hit and 2% critical". Yeah, well, Haar died.

That is statistically impossible, and from that day on, I screw hit percentages.

Edited by Legault

When in PoR, after 2 hours of abusing, Haar attacks some dude ith 97% which in real hit is 99+%. He misses, not once, but twice. My brother said, "ah screw it, he has like 23% hit and 2% critical". Yeah, well, Haar died.

That is statistically impossible, and from that day on, I screw hit percentages.

Not "impossible" but about as likely as me sprouting wings and flying off into space.

Another moment for me was when I sent Volke to kill Lekain in FE10 after training Sothe, Volke, and Micaiah for about an hour. I saw that Lekain was unlikely to hit Volke and had 0% chance of a crit. Volke got adept and hit Lekain, and then Lekain got Corona and killed him in one hit. Stupid skills...

Edited by Urvan

I got crticial by Zephiel in the final chapter at <2 chance. (the hit was 60 and crit 2!) (miledy who has bad luck)

So I restarted, and the same thing happened again!

So I restarted and attacked with fir. I FORGOT TO BLOCK THE STAIRS! she got shot by sniper at about 15 % chance!

Finally, I blocked the stairs and killed zephiel. (5th try, because before I think I forgot rest staff and got berzerked)

Edited by The Gambit

Not "impossible" but about as likely as me sprouting wings and flying off into space.

Another moment for me was when I sent Volke to kill Lekain in FE10 after training Sothe, Volke, and Micaiah for about an hour. I saw that Lekain was unlikely to hit Volke and had 0% chance of a crit. Volke got adept and hit Lekain, and then Lekain got Corona and killed him in one hit. Stupid skills...

yeah i hear ya only it was Sothe at the recieving end...Lekain moved with his rewarp staff and Sothe went to hit him with a throwing knife...Lekain went to attack instead of move again and im like "yeah ok, one attack in and Sothe kills him" NO! Lekain Coronas and destroys Sothe...

Fairly recently on HHM Dragon's Gate, I had two enemies left, two of the archers in the bottom right corner, one with the Killer Bow. Lyn had a full support with Florina, giving full Crit evade, and she also had high Luck, so I figured she'd be fine drawing him in. Nope. At about 15% real hit and 3% crit, she got hit by a crit. What. The. Fuck.

Are there even two RNs in FE9?

Each and every time I see Levin get hit in FE4 with hit rates 17% and below... He died a few times this playthrough.

Then there's also everytime Levin!Sety's speed gets cut in half >_>.

2 90% attacks missing in FESD >_>.

A unit of mine getting criticaled by 1% when I'm really close to finishing the chapter in FESD (one of the reasons why I skip lategame chapters >_>).

yeah i hear ya only it was Sothe at the recieving end...Lekain moved with his rewarp staff and Sothe went to hit him with a throwing knife...Lekain went to attack instead of move again and im like "yeah ok, one attack in and Sothe kills him" NO! Lekain Coronas and destroys Sothe...

Same thing happened to me on the previous chapter with Izuka and Mia. I had been on that chapter for over an hour and a half, just for Mia to die on the last hit to a Flare from Izuka... damn skills.

Are there even two RNs in FE9?

I believe there are. Even so, those are crazy chances.

Level 3 Lute enters the arena.

She faces a Myrmidon with 100% hit and doing 9 damage per hit.

She has 18 HP.

She attacks and hits.

The enemy attacks and hits.

The enemy doubles... ARGH!

Mind you, that was after I trained Joshua and Neimi with great success...

PoR: Shinon attacked Soren. Keep in mind that I wanted to recruit Shinon and Soren was just one space too close but I figured, "Eh, he can soften him up for Ike." Shinon missed twice with Brave Bow and Soren used Adept twice and criticaled the last strike with Wind. Shinon dies while I laugh and press Reset.

Just played the FE7 endgame again after my first unlucky try. This time, I got a tad bit farther, but a bishop in the same room as the sage that killed Canas last time just got a crit. at 8% and did exactly the amount of health Athos had left (30).

While recording Chapter 5 of FE4, I had Levin who had 99 AVO against the Beige Ritter (or whatever it's called) and their Hero bows and 102 Accuracy. Guess what? LEVIN DIED!!! He was at half HP from some bad luck against the Axe Knights and he ended up getting killed by 3 Hero Bow shots of 3% accuracy... IN A ROW!!!

If that's not bad luck, I don't know what is.

A dark mage with a 1% hit rate managed to hit Olwen with Hel. I've also seen sevel 99% hit rates miss in Thracia. Nothing too terrible. =\

It was common in FE5?

In FE6 my Shin got hit from a pirate who had 5% of accuracy, and my L'Arachel got hit by a Tarvos with 11% of accuracy.

FE6s RNG is really bad or how you call it, "screwed".