drawing anime

SmartRutter7

well a few days ago, i decided to attempt to draw some anime for the first time out of boredom. Here's how it came out, sorry my camera sucks. Apparently i didn't suck at art as much as i thought i did.

p1958706.jpg

p1958715.jpg

p1958722.jpg

p1958734.jpg

p1958742.jpg

p1958746.jpg

p1958751.jpg

...next time i'm making sure not to use lined paper.

Edited by SmartRutter7

I can draw, but I can't draw anime.I really need practice. And for your first attempt, that is good. Keep at it, you will get better.

Lucky Star, eh? Pretty good.

Yep, i figured at least someone would recognize the anime. :P

if you use better paper it looks like it will turn out better, but still good

Yeah, i'm using plain computer paper from now on.

I can draw, but I can't draw anime.I really need practice. And for your first attempt, that is good. Keep at it, you will get better.

Thanks, i plan to keep practicing it.

Could you scan it next time instead of using photos?

Also, you can easily fix up the images with Photoshop- edit brightness and contrast to make the images stand out, and then edit hue and saturation to remove the color of the paper.

I have an ancient scanner, won't work on newer computers, the driver install cd is scratched beyond repair, and the computer needs an scsi card to work with it i think. I don't have photoshop, but i do have a few programs to edit stuff like that though. I'll mess around with it til i figure out how to make it look better.

Also the paper is plain white notebook paper, but the lighting in here kinda made it look that way.

here's another image. this time i was trying to draw something original, even though it still looks like a character that would belong in Lucky Star. Also tried to get rid of the horrible orange in the background cause of the lighting in here.

p1967197.jpg

i just drew this today in study hall while i was bored. well, practice makes perfect i guess. :P

Edited by SmartRutter7

It doesn't look much different from your first few, but keep at it. I advise you first start by copying original anime. Then after copying a few, you will be able to get the basics drilled into your head, and would then be able to draw your own off by heart. It's what I did way back when I was about nine, drawing Sonic.

It doesn't look much different from your first few, but keep at it. I advise you first start by copying original anime. Then after copying a few, you will be able to get the basics drilled into your head, and would then be able to draw your own off by heart. It's what I did way back when I was about nine, drawing Sonic.

He's right. I did that a lot while i was learning to draw.

Keep up the good work. You'll be a fine artist :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, it's not terrible... it's just... the pointy chin makes it look... weird... and kinda funny... and cruddy.

Damn it. This thread is giving me slight urges to draw... but what? Something I will find out on my own, I guess. Also, the last two were better than Haruhi, mainly because of the pointy chin. Don't forget to copy original manga art too.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok its been a while and i've decided to upload some more stuff that i've been doing. Sorry, same crappy resolution camera as usual... i really wanna working scanner. :(

I've been trying to draw something original, here's what i came up with:

p2110573.jpg

this one i got really bored and tried to add japanese text on the bottom. its supposted to read: "Hi! How are you?"

Next one was really hard to get all into one picture so i had to take a few shots of it.

p2110585.jpg

p2110589.jpg

p2110594.jpg

p2110603.jpg

p2110609.jpg

...i really really need something better to get these pictures on here. I can't stand the horrible resolution and quality of it. <_<

Edited by SmartRutter7