Your Internet speed.

Jyosua

I sometimes wonder how I put up with AOL 4 years ago. God 56k is so old.

If I need mobile internet, I use my phone that's on a 3G network.

New Hampshire is strikingly lacking in 3G networks, or cell phone service in general. It seems to drive flatlanders wild when they come up here and realize that for miles at a time they may not have reception on their precious phones.

New Hampshire is strikingly lacking in 3G networks, or cell phone service in general. It seems to drive flatlanders wild when they come up here and realize that for miles at a time they may not have reception on their precious phones.

I dunno... I live there, and I haven't had any problems with my cell phone. Then again, I never use it.

I dunno... I live there, and I haven't had any problems with my cell phone. Then again, I never use it.

What, do you live in the Concord area or something? Also, 3G =/= normal cell phone service.

In some ways, you are lucky bastards for this. In others? Not so much.

I'm supposed to have a 4Mb/s service but I'm sure the local telecom company is lying through it's teeth. I've never seen speeds higher than ~1.5 with direct downloads and never seen more than 200KB/s with torrents.

Well part of that might just be the site not giving that much bandwidth. I can get like 1.3MB/sec but i RARELY ever see a site that'll give me that kind of speed. More often i get somewhere in the 500-900kb/sec range. Torrents, well, obviously that'll depend on how people actually bother seeding it. Try a linux torrent if you wanna test, i can easily get my max possible download on those.

I'm supposed to have a 4Mb/s service but I'm sure the local telecom company is lying through it's teeth. I've never seen speeds higher than ~1.5 with direct downloads and never seen more than 200KB/s with torrents.

Well part of that might just be the site not giving that much bandwidth. I can get like 1.3MB/sec but i RARELY ever see a site that'll give me that kind of speed. More often i get somewhere in the 500-900kb/sec range. Torrents, well, obviously that'll depend on how people actually bother seeding it. Try a linux torrent if you wanna test, i can easily get my max possible download on those.

I've seen places where I can download about 5 MB/s, but most of the time, I find my bandwidth is best used in downloading many things, from many places, all at the same time 8D