Xiltas' Sprites (or the most imaginative title ever)

Xiltas Crysten

I had a creative enlightment o.o I re-did "Major Sephiroth" from scratch, using Karel as a base... And really, the outcome surprised me too. I'm really proud of this one, sprites like him give me the feeling that my skills are at least above average.

To compare my Sephiroth sprites:

First version:

sephirothhn9w.png

Second version:

sephiroth_remake1.1gubk.png

New version:

new-sephiroth45yb.png

Oh yeah, those are not Karel's eyes, those are Linus', when I added Saul's hair, I accidentally copied his eyebrows as well... and this is the outcome.

Edit after Adell's post: It wasn't really my goal to recreate Sephiroth from FF7, but to design my own character, loosely based on him.^^

Edited by Xiltas

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this is another sprite for Astra's hack, the newly named "Fire Emblem: Dream of Five". My job was to sprite a young, brown haired girl called Ethnia, Tailto's half sister in the hack. My reference was the upper right girl in this picture.

I have a violet eyed and a brown eyed version (the body was close to full custom, I just used Tana's body as a reference for the body size), hope you guys like it. Astra, if you find something that bothers you, I'd like to ask you to fix it^^"

ethnia43uaw.png

ethnia5r6bx.png

Ignore the two above, I tried to fix some things Astra told me to:

ethnia6kirj.png

Edited by Xiltas

This time, I've re-done several characters, also some you didn't know of yet (I didn't release them here because they weren't sprited by me... until now).

The first one I'll show you is a slightly altered Andrew:

andrew2.41utm.png -----> andrew2.1alternate36x1.png

The next one is the only Cavalier of my hack, Chris. He was done by a fesos-user called Lucifer, but now I used my old Koios-character (so he won't be unused):

chris8567.png -----> chris2962m.png

The next character first made by Lucifer; I used Lloyd (whom I originally made for Dancer A), overworked him a bit (Dancer, you may want to keep the old hairstyle, just update the neck) and here comes Wyatt (anybody noticed the reference I put in?):

wyatt1.2gnlp.png -----> wyatt2xuwh.png

To be honest, I can't remember who made this sprite for me, I just fixed several things, including shading. The kind bandit, Warren:

7xcgll8wp6dd.png -----> warren18niq.png

The last one this time is Shawn, the elite-mercenary from Rahzion. I overworked his whole design, so he looks more elite now (he still is a kind and carefree person, that's why I kept the eyes):

shawn5_narbe15jb.png -----> new-shawn1n6ud.png

Come on, leave some more comments this time, would ya?

No! :angry:

Jk, I like andrew's new looks, but the belt thing looks like it should be moved 2-3 pixels to our left.

I'll be sure to update the neck on lloyd, thanks

The shading on warren's chin looks a bit off... but I can't really say how...

And that's all from me

The next character first made by Lucifer; I used Lloyd (whom I originally made for Dancer A), overworked him a bit (Dancer, you may want to keep the old hairstyle, just update the neck) and here comes Wyatt (anybody noticed the reference I put in?):

wyatt1.2gnlp.png -----> wyatt2xuwh.png

Bold: You be name-stealin me name!

Old one looks better. Chin is messed up, and new armor seems odd.

Well... I actually meant Wyatt and Chris. Has anyone watched Charmed?

Whatever, just tried to re-make Xiltas, the mysterious swordsman. Can't say if this will be the final version(somehow, I'm currently thinking of overworking Siegfried and Kevin...).

xiltas2dn6u.png

First of all, I slightly fixed Xiltas's cheek.

xiltas2rrqw.png

Then I present you the over-worked version of Siegfried, I think he looks really like a prince now:

siegfried-neubp1b.png

I'll think I'll try to overwork Kevin as well, just have to think of something cool...

Edited by Xiltas

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you ask me, the angle suits the face well. I like it like that.

Tried to give him a bit more shading, but now I believe it looks kinda too shady:

johan2.42ctc.png

Also, Astra made a re-vamped Kevin mug for me, and it gave me a very good idea how to overwork him.

This is the previous version:

kevin_remake2.4pe3p.png

This is his look after Astra made a new mug, and I believe he looks really better now, or at least more original:

kevin_remake2.41pc3k.png

Yeah, probably, I'm not that good with shading, but I removed the grotesque part, either I'll take the revamped version, or the previous, we'll see.

I recently had the thought that the current Akeyda/Arkanya akeyda-rom1fei.png didn't look that important. After all, he's the right hand of King Rohan, and a very powerful sage. So I decided to throw away his clothing and give him something new, making him more manly at the same time.

He's a manakete, after all.

His new cloths:

akeyda-more-lordy3udia.png

I didn't want to completely throw his look away or re-do the whole character, so I left him his old face and hair, just changing the shading a bit. Maybe he doesn't look very customized, but I like him this way. The cloak is from older Hector, and the body from Eliwood's father. Just made his right shoulder a bit smaller, so he looks more like a mage.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah... I currently have no good ideas for new sprites, so I was wondering if somebody could give me an idea. Take three mugs of your liking (but they shouldn't be impossible to combine) and I'll try to make a splice. If there are multiple suggestions, I'll take the set I most like.

Aside from this, I can only provide you a slightly re-worked Carolyn. I've changed her eyes and the color of her shoulder pad, I think the look fits her.

lena3.23ar4.png