What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

I'm watching Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki. I feel like the older anime is better than all this fan service/relationship nonsense. Good ones like Trigun, Photon, Cowboy Bebop... Are there any good releases?

I am very, very impressed by the Gundam Unicorn OVA, I think the 3rd episode is only about a month old at this point.

(Have only watched the first one though)

Edited by MaundyThursdayBot

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My recommendations/suggestions!

Hanasaku Iroha

Up to episode 8. Very enjoyable slice of life indeed. The backgrounds are beautiful and I'm really liking the character developments and whatnot. Young Ohana gets stuck working in her grandmother's inn in the countryside where it doesn't seem too bright at first, but she gets to know the staff and hey it's not too bad.

Tiger & Bunny

Up to episode 10. Sci-fi-y and amusing anime about superheroes packed with action! The program HeroTV broadcasts the heroes' activities of arresting criminals and saving civilians and the heroes earn points by doing so. Companies sponsor the heroes and blah blah and I love the characters. The main duo Tiger and Barnaby make a great pair. :D

Finished Baccano! and Ouran High School Host Club while I was gone, as well as season 1 of Jigoku Shoujo. Queen's Blade's only got one episode left, too...

I suppose I'm re-watching the entire Full Metal Panic series next, starting with the first season. Because why the fuck not.

My recommendations/suggestions!

Tiger & Bunny

Up to episode 10. Sci-fi-y and amusing anime about superheroes packed with action! The program HeroTV broadcasts the heroes' activities of arresting criminals and saving civilians and the heroes earn points by doing so. Companies sponsor the heroes and blah blah and I love the characters. The main duo Tiger and Barnaby make a great pair. :D

I say, the tiger has already conquered the bunny's innocent heart ~ hehehehe

Watching a heck lot of shows this season.

Shows from Spring '11:

Hanasaku Iroha

AnoHana

Denpa Onna

Beelzebub

Ao no Exorcist

Deadman Wonderland

Nichijou

Hoshizora

OreTsuba

C

Hidan no Aria

Hen Zemi

GOSICK

A-Channel

Steins;Gate

World Only God Knows II

Other shows I'm watching:

KimiKiss Pure Rouge

Ore no Imouto Animated Commentary Specials

Random Lulz:

Matoko Nanaya's bust is the best game to anime adaption evar.

Real Stuff:

Naruto is UNWATCHABLE now without making a SasuNaru joke. Srsly.

Light's death scene is laugh.gif.

Paul from Pokemon is a Saint of Douchebaggery. He acts like Green/Blue/Gary without the win, His american name is the same of my douche brother and his japanese name is Shinji! THAT COLLOSSAL PUSSY FROM EVANGELION! He also treats Pokemon like Sasgay treats his team. Both Team 7 and Hebi/Hawk. And I recently read a fanfic where Paul is TWICE the douchebag he is in the show and he uses a BLAZIKEN. Which is my favorite Hoenn starter and starter in general. Not cool by me BY THE FUCKING WAY!

Naruto canon fails. Srsly. You might as well be reading a fanfic for crying out loud!

Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken is win like always. colon3.gif

Hanasaku Iroha: very good melodrama, awesome art and animation but I have enough of it already. Dropped after third ep.

AnoHana: nice story, nice girls. What kind of flower Ano is anyway?

Denpa Onna: random comedy stuff with weird moe girls and glowing hairs.

Beelzebub: ugly and boring.

Ao no Exorcist: the same as above.

Deadman Wonderland: nice try, let's see if it's getting anywhere.

Nichijou: random comedy stuff with loli, no hell.

Hoshizora: ...no comment

OreTsuba: dropped it after first ep. Nice boobs anyway.

C: ...huh?

Hidan no Aria: also dropped it after first ep.

Hen Zemi: ...no comment.

GOSICK: I got sick already, no more "I am the child of imperial guard" please!

A-Channel: ...no comment.

Steins;Gate: most awesome anime with ";" in it's name in this season.

World Only God Knows II: sorry, I have my share of visual novel already.

Other shows I'm watching:

Tiger and Bunny: super heroes+drama

Edited by Ga-rei Sulley

Denpa Onna is easily the best thing airing this season. What an amazing show.

Talking about that, the newest episode is hillarious in it's own way. And finally, the white hair girl made her debut, she seem to be a lot more weird than the rest of the cast.

Talking about that, the newest episode is hillarious in it's own way. And finally, the white hair girl made her debut, she seem to be a lot more weird than the rest of the cast.

Give her a chance. She might turn out to be the most interesting.

Steins;Gate is the only show this season I am still behind on. Does that say anything?

It says you either don't have the time to watch it or don't find it very appealing.

Any who. Lotte no Omocha! is definitely my fave this season. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside whenever I watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Steins;Gate is the only show this season I am still behind on. Does that say anything?

I don't even know where to start.

CERN is the best antagonist in an anime series since Isaac Newton.

In addition it's Nitro+, so you know shit's gonna get real.

Oh man, Bal, are you saying this anime adaption is good then? I was looking at playing Steins;Gate after Chaos;HEad, but I don't know if it's translated, etc.

This makes things less headachey.

I've been thinking a lot about Kenshin in the episode where Shishio kills himself (unstoppable force meets immovable object). Contemplating it is painful sometimes, but I realize that the vows have to be kept even if others break them against you. Haven't been watching anything recently though.