What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prison school, gangsta, and gakkou gurashi are really the only good ones this season

watching charlotte and gate too tho they're so bad it's funny lol

one punch man looks mad good btw def gonna watch that

Dude, why you no watching Rokka no Yuusha?

Reading Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. Actually, I've read 20 chapters or so in a hour. It was that good to me. It feels like a more lighthearted Akame ga Kill and Ubel Blatt.

Reading Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. Actually, I've read 20 chapters or so in a hour. It was that good to me. It feels like a more lighthearted Akame ga Kill and Ubel Blatt.

Really? For me, It's like Re:monster, aka manga with mary sue character, unoriginal setting and simple storyline to satisfy hopeless otaku.

Really? For me, It's like Re:monster, aka manga with mary sue character, unoriginal setting and simple storyline to satisfy hopeless otaku.

The term Mary Sue implies everyone likes the character and accepts him, which is the exact opposite of how the characters treat or feel about the main character. He is ostracized by everyone, wherever done on purpose or because of bad rumors and his terrible reputation. I've reached volume 3 and his reputation is still bad, despite his heroic deeds. Granted, there are people who like and accept him, but that's after he helped those people and allowed them to know him better. He starts from the bottom and has to earn things instead of having them being handed to them in a silver plate. I don't think he is a Mary Sue.

I agree that the setting is unoriginal. It's about geeks who are summoned to a fantasy RPG-esque world to fight waves of demons and save the world (this is the basic outline of the story, at least). Yeah, we've seen it done a lot. Does it make it bad? Not necessarily. Most works follow from similar premises yet develop themselves into something good, whereas original works sometimes fall flat. Tate no Yuuta took a very different stance than other similar settings such as Sword Art Online and Log Horizon in that the world isn't fair and people are oftenly too busy with their selfish needs to care about the others. It develops into something very different from the likes of LH and SAO.

The part about safistying hopeless otaku is also questionable, because at least up to volume 3 there is almost no fanservice. Not sure about the other parts because they weren't translated yet.

--

By the way, on a side note, I apologize if the topic doesn't allow us to mention mangas we've read. Topics like this, who omit mangas from the title, usually allow people to discuss about them regardless, since they're not so different anyway.

Edited by Rapier

By the way, on a side note, I apologize if the topic doesn't allow us to mention mangas we've read. Topics like this, who omit mangas from the title, usually allow people to discuss about them regardless, since they're not so different anyway.

On that note, I edited the title accordingly.

By the way, Bikini Warriors is the 2nd best anime ever (right after the first 6 minutes of Symphogear GX) and everyone should watch it.

Seriously, though, School-Live (aka Gakkou Gurashi) is what I look forward to the most each week. Gatchaman Crowds Insight is also working its way up.

reading every chapter of jojolion as soon as they come out and praying to the almighty corpse that we're getting a diamond is unbreakable announcement sometime soon

Edited by Gaia

reading every chapter of jojolion as soon as they come out and praying to the almighty corpse that we're getting a diamond is unbreakable announcement sometime soon

Jojolion looks cool (I've read some of it despite not finishing Vento Aureo). I'm reading Vento Aureo and also praying for Diamond is Unbreakable to be adapted into anime. Why are they taking so long if JoJo was a big hit?

My only problem with Diamond is Unbreakable is that it's boring on the start, at least until the Akira Otoshi business. Then Kira Yoshikage and ATOM HEART FATHER come and it becomes awesome. Up to now, Kira Yoshikage is the second best villain in the series, imo. He's even better than Dio and Joseph in gambits.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight is also working its way up.

It looks cool. I intend to watch it soon. =P

As for anime, I was watching Arslan Senki. It started good enough, then downgraded near the middle. I think it tries very hard to work with deep and complex themes but fails miserably because it doesn't explore them properly.

Edited by Rapier

Yeah I don't think I'll be watching anything called that.

I never thought I'd watch something called Puella Magi Madoka Magica too, and then it became one of the best animes I've ever watched. It's odd.

That said, I've never watched Bikini Warriors too nor do I intend to watch it without better convincing.

Edited by Rapier

I just got done watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the AMAZING Disappearance film, so I started Yuki Nagato-Chan and, meh. Never cared for rom coms and they messed Yuki up, which was the point.

Well, it does have some entertaining RPG parody moments in between all the fanservice...

...Ahem. Anyway.

I'm not following anything at the moment, but I've been thinking of starting on the second season of Mushishi soon. I loved the first, and I've been kind of down recently, so I wonder if it wouldn't help.

Is anyone else familiar with the series? How does the second season compare to the first?

Let's see, currently ...

One Piece, Bleach, whatever may follow after Naruto Gaiden, something about Super Dragon Ball, Nisekoi, Shingeki no Kyojin, Fairy Tail, Toriko, Assassination Classroom, One-punch Man, The Gamer, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, I am a Hero (at times ...), Hajime no Ippo (barely as well) and I GUESS I don't forget anything else.

All of this are purely the MANGA versions. Anime like I don't have time for that. RARELY I could watch some of it, if something specially catchs my attention, but that's it ... for now.

Edited by Erdall

The shows from this season I'm watching are Gakkou Gurashi and Dragon Ball Super. Both make me cry, but for completely different reasons.

I also watched both seasons of Love Live! so that I could maybe stand a chance to understand what my roommate for next year will be talking about. It was either that or Gintama. Love Live! has 26 episodes, Gintama has 200+ and increasing. You do the math.

I'm reading Detective Conan, One Piece, Berserk (re-reading), Beezebud , Maria Holic and Kodomo no Jikan (it's a... peculiar manga I wouldn't advice most people to read it).

Watching Log Horizon, Usagi Drop (cutest anime ever), School Days, Oreimo, Sister Princess and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou.

I also watched both seasons of Love Live! so that I could maybe stand a chance to understand what my roommate for next year will be talking about. It was either that or Gintama. Love Live! has 26 episodes, Gintama has 200+ and increasing. You do the math.

yeah but gintama's actually good l m a o

You're being serious, aren't you?

Well, it does have some entertaining RPG parody moments in between all the fanservice...

^

"2nd best anime ever" is a joke, but I have more respect for it than I ever thought I would have for a show with that title.

You made the right choice, Gintama is shit.