What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears as if a few of you have yet to watch Gurren Lagann.

Fix that

Also be careful, episode titles may or may not contain spoilers. Also don't whine about it being the dub, the Gurren Lagann dub is amazing

I co-sign this post. Kamina is the shit.

ohhh? is it champloo-ish?

Is Samurai Champloo Samuel L. Jackson talking nonstop to a badass samurai version of himself who says like 3 words per episode (30 in the whole series if I had to guess, but it IS a short series, just 5 eps) with said samurai version of himself brutally killing a crapton of people each episode on his path to smite the guy who cut his father's head off in the first episode, with a lot of nudity on the way?

If the answer's no, it's nothing like Champloo.

Oh, and there's guns. And super-crossbows. And Rocket launchers. And cell phones.

...And robots.

Edited by Detective Badd

Is Samurai Champloo Samuel L. Jackson talking nonstop to a badass samurai version of himself who says like 3 words per episode (30 in the whole series if I had to guess, but it IS a short series, just 5 eps) with said samurai version of himself brutally killing a crapton of people each episode on his path to smite the guy who cut his father's head off in the first episode, with a lot of nudity on the way?

If the answer's no, it's nothing like Champloo.

Oh, and there's guns. And super-crossbows. And Rocket launchers. And cell phones.

...And robots.

...hmm. Badass: Check, Samurai: Check, Awesome Fight Scenes: Check, Lots of Talking: Check.

Revenge: No, Nudity: No.

not like champloo...still samurai are awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm.... I'm watching 07-ghost(ep 16/26), Tales of the Abyss (22/26) And D.Gray-Man (lol, i started a long time ago but ep 5/?)

They are pretty good, IMO, interesting story.

And I'm thinking to watch K-On! after I finish 07-Ghost and TOA.

Seriously, all of you watch Durarara! I cannot say that enough times.

Wasn't that like, a sequel to Baccano! or something? I guess what I'm asking is, do I need to watch something first, or can I jump right in?

You can jump right in. It isn't a sequel to Baccano!, it's only based on a light novel series the guy who wrote Baccano! is working on and animated by the same company.

But watch Baccano! too.

Baccano! was so freaking good I guess I'll have to watch Durarara. As for what I'm watching, I've had Legend of the Galactic Heroes on hold for a pretty long time so I'm planning on continuing that from season 2 onwards. Such a well written show.

I also started Legend of the Galactic Heroes about a week ago. And I'm finally finishing Mai-HiME, which I started like a year ago.

How is LotGH? I heard it was pretty good but there was some criticism on how it's a whole bunch of talking and not much else.

How is LotGH? I heard it was pretty good but there was some criticism on how it's a whole bunch of talking and not much else.

I haven't seen much (12 of 110 episodes) so there isn't much I can say, but from what I have seen and also heard from others it's mostly a niche anime. If you enjoy the political space opera-type stuff, you'll love it. If not, probably avoid it.

LoGH is quite excellent space opera. There is a lot of political posturing, strategic plans being discussed, discarded, etc. Probably more so than the actual action, but there is a fair amount of that too, with space battles, and hand-to-hand combat raids. It's also a beautiful example of conflict with no clear "enemy", as the Free Planets Alliance, and the Galactic Empire both have heroes of their own right, working for noble goals of their own, that just happen to put them at odds with each other. Each faction is also rife with internal corruption, etc. and a wonderful and complicated narrative unfolds that is a very believable cross-section of actual human interactions.

In other news, Mai-HiME has gotten surprisingly good. I remember being pretty unimpressed after the first 6 episodes (part of why I put it off for so long) but lately I've been really into it. It's also one of the few shows I prefer to watch in Japanese; the English voice-overs really bothered me (that could be the reason I didn't like it at first, since I only started watching it subbed at episode 9).

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Not watching any anime in particular. Got 5 episodes of Durarara!! since everyone seems to be enjoying it but haven't watched anything yet. The last time I watched anime was like a month ago, the 2nd episode of Gungrave (it was recommended by I friend) but it didn't sparkled my interest.

Now what I'm really looking forward is the newly DVD released of Evangelion 2.22 :3

I just finished my rewatching of 12 Kingdoms today. I really have to say, the Youko arcs were excellent, but the other ones were a bit weak. Ending the series the way the did was also pretty much a let down. If they'd gone with ending it with arc 3 (which they easily could have, and even if they wanted arc 4 present the order didn't matter at all, as it was essentially a side-story flashback), it would have gone out on a much stronger note.

Still, I have a soft spot for that anime anyway.