Aran

My solution to Aran vs. Neph?

Use 'em both. The only time you have to choose between the two is in Part 4.

Neph has higher Spd and Res which is more useful for the final chapter but I like to use Aran because his first name is the same as Samus's last name. :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone in the dawn brigade except Zihark, possibly taureneo and possibly edward are complete crap cuz u can never get enough time to train them and the enemies they fight jump from super easy( part 1) to incredibly hard (laguz in part 3). based on this opinion of mine i find training aran to seem like a daunting prospect where as Nephnee eventually hangs out with the greil mercenaries( the easiest to train group). also nephnee can get transfer data, aran cant, so nephnee can start with amazing stats, aran cant. to me its just that simple and you get more useage out of nephnee i think

Guest Avarice

I think everyone in the dawn brigade except Zihark, possibly taureneo and possibly edward are complete crap cuz u can never get enough time to train them and the enemies they fight jump from super easy( part 1) to incredibly hard (laguz in part 3). based on this opinion of mine i find training aran to seem like a daunting prospect where as Nephnee eventually hangs out with the greil mercenaries( the easiest to train group). also nephnee can get transfer data, aran cant, so nephnee can start with amazing stats, aran cant. to me its just that simple and you get more useage out of nephnee i think

Are you serious? Tauroneo is easily the worst general and probably the games only legitimate beorc Jeigan and Zihark is inferior to Mia and Edward on Normal mode. Nolan and Jill become great units if trained, as does Aran. It's actually pretty easy to train the DB if you know what your doing. Leonardo, Meg, and Fiona are the only real garbage units on the DB if you know how to divide experience and not overuse your Laguz and Premotes which is easy on the lower difficulties and doable on hard.

• 3 weeks later...

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought since I raised Aran to Halberdier, maybe he'd actually be good! Maybe it'd be easier to keep him alive.

Then his stats raise by almost nothing and it is still super hard to keep him alive.

ALL THAT WASTED EFFORT!!! D=<

• 2 weeks later...

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif (Then again it's just an opinion.) Most of the DB members are better because they can level up more then most characters.

Nolan? He does pretty well in P3, Jill is also pretty good.

If you train them...

Are you serious? Tauroneo is easily the worst general and probably the games only legitimate beorc Jeigan and Zihark is inferior to Mia and Edward on Normal mode. Nolan and Jill become great units if trained, as does Aran. It's actually pretty easy to train the DB if you know what your doing. Leonardo, Meg, and Fiona are the only real garbage units on the DB if you know how to divide experience and not overuse your Laguz and Premotes which is easy on the lower difficulties and doable on hard.

Tauroneo probably is the worst General. I personally think the only garbage unit in the DB is Fiona. Leo and Meg are okay. (IMO) Better than Shinon anyways...dry.gifMy Meg turned out REALLY good this time.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought since I raised Aran to Halberdier, maybe he'd actually be good! Maybe it'd be easier to keep him alive.

Then his stats raise by almost nothing and it is still super hard to keep him alive.

ALL THAT WASTED EFFORT!!! D=<

I got mine to 20/20 Halberdier and he maxed out everything but Mag.(6) and Luck (27). gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Wasted effort and Exp. XD

Right now I think Aran is better then Nephenee.

once all three armies split up, thats where the fun begins. Now I have all of my armies based on supports, e.g. Aran/Laura or Gatrie/Shinon or Haar/Jill. It just so happend that Mickys army needed some changing so Laura went there with Aran. I needed another decent character through the plethora of useless ones, so from a level 10 halberdier I raised him to a sentinel. (I use my BEXP for raising right before a level, or if I need a character steroided before a battle.) I quickly found his defense and str coupled with his B laura made him invaluable on the first chapter with Mickeys army. Aran, Laura, Tanith, and Sigrun did almot all of the fighting on one side, and having Aran able to double most of the enemies and hold his own in the swarm was great. I agree, when I first got him he seemed shite, but once I boosted him a bit he became awesomesauce.