my hacking questions thread

FragMaster

okay i already have, now what do i do to edit?

edit: where do i find the map sprites and the mugs and everything?

and when i save it does it automatically change?

Edited by FragMaster

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use google.

Here you go ^_^ step by step

OH I know for step 5 I uploaded a different animation but that was the first I found just pretend its Lloyd's :).

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

step4.png

step5.png

step6.png

Also I don't think its a good idea to recolor sprites. I think its better to edit a palette to the character you want instead.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Also I don't think its a good idea to recolor sprites. I think its better to edit a palette to the character you want a instead.

uhhh i don't get the difference; im sorry sad.gif and the FE editor doesn't work for me! sad.gifsad.gif

blink.gif that was so obvious that i didnt think that that would be the reason. thanks!laugh.gif i guess i'll just have to make a way around it.

and can i import FE7 stuff into FE8? like the sprites? and animations?

well thats just weird delete it and download FEditor again then, that should work.

As for the palettes its personalized to a character ;) thats why you see different colors in animations because each character has their own palette. If they didn't then you'd have Paladdin Seth and Paladdin Franz/Kyle/Forde/*notsureaboutAmelia* all the same colors :/.

For palettes take a look at this tutorial:

The GBAGE method is easy and effective.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

OH I know for step 5 I uploaded a different animation but that was the first I found just pretend its Lloyd's :).

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

step4.png

step5.png

step6.png

Also I don't think its a good idea to recolor sprites. I think its better to edit a palette to the character you want instead.

uhhhh how do i change the person that i'm gonna edit??? it's ephraim everytime i open it and i don't know how to change it

uhhhh how do i change the person that i'm gonna edit??? it's ephraim everytime i open it and i don't know how to change it

oh yes you see the input index??? Look at the arrows..keep clicking up (or down) until you find the animation of the class to replace.

Keep in mind some have like more than 2 indexes so you're going to have to either replace them too or turn them off which is explained by Luffy's ultimate tutorial chapter 5 iirc.

Thats because Gerik has a rank in swords, the only way i know to remove it is by not giving Gerik a sword rank in the first place.

Out of curiosity, what happens normally with Shaman!Ewan? Because he still loses his Anima, right?

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

step4.png

step5.png

step6.png

okay now that i've inserted the animation how do i change it in nightmare?

Yes, he loses Anima. He gets it back when he promotes to Druid, but I can't remember if it's reset or not.

so how do i make my gerick like that? where he loses his sword level than regains it when he gets promoted to a hero?

Yes, he loses Anima. He gets it back when he promotes to Druid, but I can't remember if it's reset or not.

From what I remember, it is, though Druids start with D anima anyway, which is roughly what Ewan has once he promotes for the first time, unless you have him attack walls or something.

can anyone give me a play by play on importing map sprites and battle palettes? for example, i wanna import hectors great lord battle pallete and mqp sprite to FE8. also how to change the palette colors? i already have programs such as : nightmare, fe editor, gba ge, hexeditor,