my hacking questions thread

FragMaster

there's something weird that's happened to my FE8, i changed garcia to a different class, everything goes fine but then if i restart the game, or the emulator, he changes back into a fighter, same thing happens with nemi. weird. the only way that i can save the game is by saving with savestates. is there anyway to fix this?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about the question, but I just need to say one thing; if you're gonna ask for help, would you mind giving more detail in the title than reusing your OTHER topic's title and appending 'weird' to the description?

*obligatory*

You screwed something up.

*end obligatory*

That's all I can tell you only given that much information. Give me a patch and I'll check it out.

sure but wait, i got a edit some stuff for it first. does changing the class number change them? because i changed the class number

*sigh*

I can't help you if you don't give me the information necessary to do so.

Yes, changing class number changes something. I had the same problem when I started hacking.

sure but wait, i got a edit some stuff for it first. does changing the class number change them? because i changed the class number

Changing the class number will not change anything except for the moving map sprites and sound. HOWEVER, if you resume a game, only the class number gets loaded, and the stuff associated with it goes with that class number. So let's say you have two classes have the same class number... it WILL screw up stuff when you resume the game from a suspended play via "Resume Chapter".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Changing the class number will not change anything except for the moving map sprites and sound. HOWEVER, if you resume a game, only the class number gets loaded, and the stuff associated with it goes with that class number. So let's say you have two classes have the same class number... it WILL screw up stuff when you resume the game from a suspended play via "Resume Chapter".

oh i see. so if i return the class numbers to normal, will i not have this problem??? also, what are other ways where i can change the moving map sprites?is it also possible for a weapon to have infinite uses, but it can also be bought?

Edited by FragMaster

Make Seth a Rogue? Hell, I don't know. Some goddamn DETAIL might be nice.

You must've done SOMETHING to make the player's life easier, so just undo that. Statistically speaking, you cannot make it easier without improving the party in SOME way.

Edited by Furetchen

what i did was edit the growth rates of the main characters lower and the enemies have higher growths, i also changed the caps and bases for main characters to be lower, yet the enemies still are pretty weak. it goes from(the prologue) challenging > easy (chapter1) i guess increasing the enemies level would be good?

what i did was edit the growth rates of the main characters lower and the enemies have higher growths, i also changed the caps and bases for main characters to be lower, yet the enemies still are pretty weak. it goes from(the prologue) challenging > easy (chapter1) i guess increasing the enemies level would be good?

I still don't see how that's easier.

As I said, make Seth something without partial WTC and insane movement from the getgo. That...fixes most problems just by itself.

Blazer, play nice.

He was probably (Read: probably not) making fun of you for making a reskin.

that reskin hack was pretty hard. i can't even beat it without tower abusing. mellow.gif

Lava chapter. I really need to start recording again.

Changing luck does nothing but cause raeg as now dodge rates are slightly lowered and everyone has a chance of getting insta-blicked (Read: Critted).

Lava chapter. I really need to start recording again.

Changing luck does nothing but cause raeg as now dodge rates are slightly lowered and everyone has a chance of getting insta-blicked (Read: Critted).

ohh kinda like FE6 right where everyone could die randomly?

No, in FE6 people die randomly because #*&%-ing 30%s keep nailing me. I'm referring to the 1-2% crit that is incurred when lowering luck. The RNG has a tendency to catch that number.

in fe8, when you modify the stats that the item gives, there is no option for it to modify the con and move. is there a way which i can give a unit an item that when they use it they don't have their con and move increase???

I would prefer, FragMaster, if you kept all your numerous, numerous questions in one topic. It's technically not against the rules, but it clutters up the board and might even make it intimidating and/or irritating for people to post in/browse it.

Sorry for being late with this, everyone. I wanted to do it a few days ago, but Sirius kept distracting me.

Anyway, have fun. I've merged all your topics, so now just use this for whatever.

Edited by Nightmare

I would prefer, FragMaster, if you kept all your numerous, numerous questions in one topic. It's technically not against the rules, but it clutters up the board and might even make it intimidating and/or irritating for people to post/browse it.

Sorry for being late with this, everyone. I wanted to do it a few days ago, but Sirius kept distracting me.

Anyway, have fun. I've merged all your topics, so now just use this for whatever.

sure thanks! but uhhh, could you answer the question? or is there no solution for that?

something weird is wrong again, i changed the iron sword's durability to 99 but whenever i reset the game it goes to 35. Same thing happens for other weapons, like the steel sword from 70 goes to 16. what the hell happened? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Narga_Rocks