a super smash bros. idea

whase

I've heard many people say they think certain characters will be deleted for the next smash bros., but I on the other hand, think they will leave everyone in and get even more characters!

instead of just 2 or 3 from each series, they will make more for every series instead. for choosing a unit, you would first open the category and then select the unit.

here's the units I had in mind:

Mario series:

mario, luigi, bowser, peach, yoshi, toad, koopa

donkey kong series: (I've never played these, so I'm just looking between the trophies of brawl)

donkey kong, Diddy kong, candy kong, lanky kong, Kludge

legend of Zelda: (also never played)

Link, zelda/sheik, Ganondorf, toon link, zora, midna

Kirby series: (only played the magic mirror partially)

Kirby, metaknight, king Dedede, fire kirby, ice kirby, wing kirby

star fox: (never even heard of before smash bros.)

Fox, falco, wolf, krystal, slippy toad

pokemon:

Pikachu, pokemon trainer, Lucario, jigglypuff, pokemon trainer 2 (using newer starter pokemon), snorlax (just for the lolz)

Fire Emblem:

Ike, Marth, Roy, Micaiah, black knight, Ranulf

Sonic the hedgehog:

Sonic, shadow, tails, knuckles, amy, dr. eggman

other:

(zero suit)Samus, captain falcon, Ness, Lucas, Ice climbers, Pit, Wario, Olimar, mr. game & watch, R.O.B., snake

maybe if I knew any of the games from the characters in 'other' I could've given them their own category, and add even more characters!

and maybe there are some other series there could be added too!

what do you think about this idea, or do you miss someone? please reply and let me know! :awesome:

Personally, I feel that your roster contains too many characters that are not important enough in order to make the cut for a (possible) new smash bros game, namely:

Mario series:

mario, luigi, bowser, peach, yoshi, toad, koopa

Koopa never had a major role in any game and was only useable in Mario Kart and Mario Party iirc, Toad is debatable, but if the Mario franchise gets an addition he's one of the more likely characters to get the spot. Others that are brought up every now and then are Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

donkey kong series: (I've never played these, so I'm just looking between the trophies of brawl)

donkey kong, Diddy kong, candy kong, lanky kong, Kludge

It's one of the smaller franchises I think, so the spots it gets are limited to maybe 3 at most I'd say. A possible addition you didn't mention is King K. Rool.

Link, zelda/sheik, Ganondorf, toon link, zora, midna

No clue how important/popular/etc. Zora is, but the characters that are currently in the roster represent the series well imo. The three Triforce characters and TL for the toon series. Personally I don't feel LoZ needs more representatives.

Kirby, metaknight, king Dedede, fire kirby, ice kirby, wing kirby

Kirby's fire, ice and wing variations seem unneeded, they are Kirby after all. I think the franchise does well with the 3 current characters.

Fox, falco, wolf, krystal, slippy toad

Never played them, so I don't know much about this one. In general the series seems too unimportant to go beyond 3 slots in the roster, in case of a 4th I suppose Krystal is the most likely addition.

pokemon:

Pikachu, pokemon trainer, Lucario, jigglypuff, pokemon trainer 2 (using newer starter pokemon), snorlax (just for the lolz)

Relaxo seems... unlikely to say the least. As for the others, I hope for a second Trainer, Lucario might be replaced by a Gen 5 pokemon, namely Zoroark.

Fire Emblem:

Ike, Marth, Roy, Micaiah, black knight, Ranulf

As much as I'd like more FE reps, I can't see them getting more than 3 slots. Marth and Ike will probably return, I think the third character would be a new lord (if a non-remake is released till then), otherwise Hector and Ephraim have a shot imo, others see the Black Knight, Ashnard or Sheeda as possible additions. I don't think Roy will return.

Sonic the hedgehog:

Sonic, shadow, tails, knuckles, amy, dr. eggman

Highly unlikely. Considering Sonic is a third party character, it's unlikely that the series will get more than one spot.

I've taken the liberty to split "others" up.

Metroid:

(zero suit)Samus

Never played, so I can't say much about it. Some people say Ridley should get a spot, others don't even want to think about him as addition (possible size change being the main counter argument).

F-Zero:

captain falcon

Not a big franchise iirc. Possible additions in case of a second spot are Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow.

Earthbound:

Ness, Lucas

I know literally nothing about this one.

Wario:

Wario

I'd count it towards Mario but whatever, didn't play them, but I didn't hear much about possible additions either.

Pikmin:

Olimar

Olimar is enough to rep this series I think.

Retro:

Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch

I believe I heard something about Kid Icarus and a new game? In that case they might get another spot, otherwise a new retro character would be possible (though I can't think of one atm).

3rd Party:

Snake, (Sonic)

I already shared my thoughts on Sonic above. Additions that are being discussed here are mainly Megaman and Pacman iirc.

I hope you're satisfied with that for now?

Anyway, if you have a lot of time, here is a thread about a possible SSB 4 with over 2300 pages as of now. Everything you listed was probably discussed there already.

whase, you just strike me as really... uninformed would be a good word, I guess. Ignorant seems too insulting.

meh, I was just in the mood to write this down, I know it's not gonna work for tons of reasons.

but yes, you could say uninformed is my second name :P

you don't even deserve to play super smash brothers. Besides Mario, those are like THE Nintendo franchises.

you don't even deserve to play super smash brothers. Besides Mario, those are like THE Nintendo franchises.

I can explain that...

I've had my WII for less than a year, and never had any other platform before except for PC. so the only games I've ever played before getting addicted to FE via roms were internet games, the sims and some tycoon games. It is FE that introduced me to the big world of gaming behind.

but about the topic, who wouldn't want to have a bigger variety in characters? even though the character might only slightly differ from others, some people will like to play with them more than the original. like how some people like playing with fox but don't like falco, I couldn't tell the difference, but others do.

conclusion; bigger variety is better (except for the programmers, lolz)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The original 12 is going to stay.

Pikachu, Falco, Kirby, Falcon, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Purin, Ness, Luigi, Link, Samus. There's pretty much no way any of them is going.

Mario

Bowser and Peach are extremely likely to stay, and odds are the Mario Franchise will remain the biggest, though with DK also technically part of it, I don't see another addition. Diddy is also likely a permanent member along with Wario.

Zelda

Ganon and Zelda/Shiek is staying. Toon Link is likely going to stay, which means Young Link won't. Melee to brawl pretty much proved that clones are leaving, and YL stopped being relevant since OoT.

I don't see Midna coming in, her game is done. Somebody from Skyward Sword might make it in but i highly, highly doubt it.

Kirby

Kirby's series is fine as is, even if it's Sakurai's pet project. The various kirbys are definitely not making in. See the clone removal.

Star Fox

I actually don't see Krystal as a likely fourth for Star Fox, Nintendo isn't known for blatantly adding sexual characters that have no combat abilities to a combat-oriented position. This series probably will not get another character.

Pokemon

Pokemon Trainer will probably get an update to newer stuff. Lucario will leave for a Gen-5 Equivalent. The guy's not an original or a legendary. His days are limited.

Fire Emblem

It really, really depends on what 13 is. Ike is definitely going unless it's the fabled third in the Tellius series. If it ends up being a FE4 remake even Marth isn't safe since Celice is his exact Expy. Yes, even Marth isn't safe. He has the distinction of having his entire unmarried life already chronicled, which means there definitely won't be another game about him.

Personally, given how badly Brawl ruined Marth I'd rather have him gone than suffer further in Smash 4.

If 13 is another Tellius game about ike, then Marth and Ike are staying. I can sorta see adding a 3rd character, either an antagonist or the deutagonist.

If 13 is a 4 remake, then I can see Marth being replaced by Celice, Ike leaving, and Maybe the fabled Girl FE char at last in the form of either Ayra or Yuria. Leaf's chances are not good since white Marth is technically representing him.

Sonic

Definitely out. They'll probably have already decided if they're adding third parties again and if so who. Given how badly they butchered Sonic and how crappy his games have been, I don't see him winning the bid, much less any of his friends.

Metroid

Samus and ZSS is all I really see, despite being a huge fan. There's a very minute chance Malkovich might make it in, but Other M really sucked too much for that to be realistic (not to mention it's another done game and not an upcoming one).

F-Zero

Black Shadow might make it in and take Ganon's moveset so Ganon can have his own moveset using his sword. This is a pet theory of mine though. I think the Captain will probably still remain alone.

Earthbound

Lucas is definitely out. Mother 3 will not be new or memorable by any stretch of imagination by then. Ness will stay because he's an original.

Others

Pit's definitely staying due to that new game. G&W and ROB are very likely to stay since they don't remove joke characters for some reason. IC's are probably going to stay as well.

Other additons

Probably one more joke character. Maybe something from Virtualboy given the past trend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

KOOPA'S SO CUUUUUUUUUTE

But yeah I bet they wouldn't include him =( He'll just still be like an "item"

Midna would be cool to have but... yeah if they were to put her in it'd have been for brawl when TP was actually recent enough.

I think 2 pkman trainers would sound kinda cool they should try make more variety.

I wanna be Tails!!! =DDD