Strider Zero's Sprites

Strider Zero

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid, I'm gonna be blunt: most of these are REALLY bad. Like, not just the splicing you did, but the colors. MY GOD THE COLORS. Some of them are just... They hurt my eyes, literally.

When coloring something, until you get good with colors, stick with FE colors. And, stick with colors from one FE for a sprite. Mixing colors from FE7 and 8 are pretty bad as well.

For the splicing, just reference FE sprites for how things should look.

And, as for customing, just don't. Seriously.

You should NEVER custom until you have an understand of how sprites work.

If you mean the fact that with the hair and stuff that I'll color over the borders, it's because it makes it look a lot better IMO.

He means that all of your colors are NEON. As in, bad, not well colored, and painful on the eyes.

Tone them down.

Kid, I'm gonna be blunt: most of these are REALLY bad. Like, not just the splicing you did, but the colors. MY GOD THE COLORS. Some of them are just... They hurt my eyes, literally.

When coloring something, until you get good with colors, stick with FE colors. And, stick with colors from one FE for a sprite. Mixing colors from FE7 and 8 are pretty bad as well.

For the splicing, just reference FE sprites for how things should look.

And, as for customing, just don't. Seriously.

You should NEVER custom until you have an understand of how sprites work.

I never said I was good and I made that disclaimer in the beginning. Anyway, that is just random criticism. What is so wrong about the colors, pray tell? I know some of the splicing is terrible like some of the middle ones, but not all of them. You are also the first to say that they hurt anyone's eyes out of many, so I don't know what your problem with the colors are.

I never said I was good and I made that disclaimer in the beginning. Anyway, that is just random criticism. What is so wrong about the colors, pray tell? I know some of the splicing is terrible like some of the middle ones, but not all of them. You are also the first to say that they hurt anyone's eyes out of many, so I don't know what your problem with the colors are.

av-1326.png

Listen, kid, first thing. Never ignore someone's criticism. Cause, I'm right. The colors are bad, and the splicing is bad.

The colors are painful on the eyes because they are over saturated, and thick, and they don't blend well with each other.

I don't know who these other people are who can stand looking at these without their eyes burning out, but, I promise you, NO ONE here will tell you that the colors are good.

Seriously, use FE colors. It'll save you a lot of trolling.

What we mean by burn is, they're really bright, really saturated. Even in FE you don't get that kind of saturation. That kind of saturation should only be used when you're really trying to get attention, like in an error screen; it doesn't really work for images.

It's definitely a good idea to stick to FE palettes; there's plenty of color range in them, and the given colors match well together.

I see. I'll take that into consideration. Also, I'm no kid.

Kid, I call everyone kid, no matter how old they are.

And, don't take it into considerations. Do it. Taking away the border color and using these horrible neon crap colors will make your sprites look terrible. There's no way to excuse doing either.

Kid, I call everyone kid, no matter how old they are.

And, don't take it into considerations. Do it. Taking away the border color and using these horrible neon crap colors will make your sprites look terrible. There's no way to excuse doing either.

Taking away the border makes it look more defined. But I suppose it only looked bad before because I wasn't using FE palettes. Will try using them now and see how we turn out. Also, any tips on splicing?

Taking away the border makes it look more defined. But I suppose it only looked bad before because I wasn't using FE palettes. Will try using them now and see how we turn out. Also, any tips on splicing?

As long as you're doing FE sprites, you'll do them in FE style, which means keeping the border. Removing it doesn't make them more defined, sorry.

Even with FE colors, it still looks bad without the border. When I was new and ignorant to FE spriting, I tried the same thing. It doesn't work.

And, like I posted before Though you probably ignored that reference actual FE sprites to see how parts are supposed to fit together.

As long as you're doing FE sprites, you'll do them in FE style, which means keeping the border. Removing it doesn't make them more defined, sorry.

Even with FE colors, it still looks bad without the border. When I was new and ignorant to FE spriting, I tried the same thing. It doesn't work.

And, like I posted before Though you probably ignored that reference actual FE sprites to see how parts are supposed to fit together.

I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway, I did this on the spot.

w80s61.png

Looks like Sain's hair is on fire or something lol.

I think recolors are a good start in practicing to use the FE colors.

However, I think you also need to work on clean-cutting. . . if you use MSPaint, it can be easily done. Simply erase the parts you don't plan to use or color it white/whatever background color you use. Then. . . if you select that item and put the clear select option (not sure what to call it), you can paste it on top of. . . whatever you want it to go on top of. And then simply fix the shading to match it accordingly. Looking at your Karel and Rath splice, the top of Karel's head shouldn't simply be pasted onto Rath's forehead.

Anyway. . . just a few tips. Just remember to practice a lot. You'll get far better in time. :)

I'll keep that in mind.

Anyway, I did this on the spot.

w80s61.png

Looks like Sain's hair is on fire or something lol.

Thank you for totally copying something I did a month or two ago as a joke :|