FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

In terms of growths, here's the basic idea of each trainee:

- Marcus: Shines in Str, Skl, Def, Bad Res, (Average1 everything else.)

- Isadora: Shines in Skl, Spd, Lck, Bad Res and Def,

- Harken: Shines in HP, Skl, Spd, Bad Lck and Res.

So yeah, Marcus and Isadora start as a mini-soldier/myrm and have growths that will keep them that way. While on average, Harken becomes swordy-esque only through leveling up.

1 "FE7 average". i.e. 30~35%

Edited by Miacis

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Harken: Shines in HP, Skl, Spd, Bad Lck and Res.

Oh?

DIYyLUY.png

t1 harken with 5 speed and marcus with 6 str is fun

t0's with their crazy amount of lvl ups allows for some really skewed stats. Which makes each play through a little different, which is good i guess.

Edited by deranger

That means that Marcus has a >=40% DEF growth? Figures.

If anything that's quite a scary prospect, actually. He's Lowen but with STR/SKL. Holy.

Probably 30% SPD then. But he's guarenteed 8 base at Tier 1 so... Not that it matters early (while Harken can be screwed with 4 SPD no matter his growth.. heh).

But then it wouldn't be FE without Marcus being awesome.

Edited by DLuna

I really don't think Harken excels in SPD. I've gotten him up to a level 4 Merc before and never had him break 8 SPD.

As someone who is technically part of the team I feel like I should probably know this better :/

Edited by Rewjeo

If Harken has a 50% SPD growth then he will average 7.5 at 10/1.

At 10/4 he would average 9 SPD.

So that seems about right. It could be lower than 50% for all I know but it doesn't seem unlikely either way. His low base of 4 just means a high growth won't do much at the start.

• 1 month later...

Played through again. Tried to be reasonably efficient (~30-35 total turns give or take). Trying to imagine what the tactic's rank will require optimally, while avoiding cheese/RNG. Seems about right.

Gives me a good impression of how each character fits to stand at the moment. I already made an impression list (Here) but I think I have a better grasp now.

I actually think Isadora stands to be a better unit than Harken pre-promotion at this stage. She can now solo all the fighters on the prologue fairly quickly on the south route (and if she gains a point of speed when leveling; the nearby merc as well), while the others go north past the village. Harken doesn't really do a whole lot. While Isa can 2RKO the fighters and situationally mercs, Harken can only chip and finish people off. On CH2, neither are that helpful, although Isa can 2RKO the Squires and contribute that way.

So yeah, Harken is the worst unit pre-promo. His promo gains are crazy good though (including Focus, which I assume is great on CH5 -- He gains +5 STR with it (?)). Genuinely the hardest to promote. But I never sank that many kills into him -- After discovering a use for Isadora in the prologue, I naturally sank more into her + Marcus as a result.

Speaking of Marcus -- probably better than Uther, Claymore aside (which does give Uther the edge) he's durable, reliable and his promo bonuses are great and fast gotten (so it's worth rushing it). He can single handedly clear the left side of the map in CH2 while Eagler/Uther rush up to the boss.

Toni/Cybil are hard to rate because with any ounce of efficiency they won't promote in CH5. Heck, I felt generous to Isadora and she barely promoted before I finished. Harken would be much the same way. Cybil doesn't get mauled by Myrms anymore so that's good. Feeding kills to either is fairly straightforward. Hassar is great. Or 'Swift' is great. W/e.

So in a fairly efficient run here's where my team ended up approximately:

Eagler 1

Uther 7

Marcus 10/3

Madelyn 8

Hassar 6

Isadora 10/1

Toni 8

Harken 7

Cybil 7

They are also listed in order of how I would 'Tier' them currently. While it does look like I favoured Isa over Harken -- I just found her snowballing into usefulness more than he did. Her level-ups were average I feel, but the prologue just favored her more than him, so she grew off that. The prologue is very mean to Harken. Too many soldiers and 3RKOs the fighters.

I wouldn't make any changes to any unit. Maybe Eagler's defense could be lowered by a point or two, but that's about it. Even FE6 Marcus only had 9 defense, and he's a god.

So yeah actually, I'd say lower Eagler's DEF by 2 points and up his DEF growth by 10-15%. So he'll gain the defense back in the long-run, but is actually kill-able early. The horseslayers aren't that difficult to work around as it stands (he can take a blow from one but then gets near-tinked by everything else -- so you can just shrug it off and heal).

• 4 weeks later...

5ewLC.png

I guess the monk is a boss, but I wouldn't say it's a monk boss

At least a new release for NCFC, and probably another before the end of the year

oh... thats a shame about the monk boss

still sounds good about the release and all.

Scumbag fe7x team making me find out when ncfc is.

best jagen

just ignore Eiry having the wrong map sprite

Is that a paladin skill or are skills no longer dependent on just class?

So that's not [whoops]mundus[/whoops]magnus or not abellia?

Edited by deranger

Oh, Sacrifice seems a really good idea!

I wonder why he didn't heal all Marcus' lost HP, though?

I'm pretty sure that Micaiah's sacrifice heals all lost HP (if she can). Is this sacrifice based on some stat?

on Micaiah's (If I recall correctly) you can choose how much to give.

For the record, she gives as much as possible every time unless it kills her, in which case it will leave her at 1 HP.