In which a new splicer shows off

Lisandra_brave

Learning how to do this was easy.

Lis.gif this is me (ha ha narcissism putting myself first)

lord.gifSome lord i made. perhaps i will make a hack sometime

mona.gifThis is Mona. i dont go half measures and just make faces.

samson.gifSamson is this guy's name. not having talking frames is not how i roll

sandra.gifSandra. believe it or not, just having the pieces there works for inserting them with FEditor Adv

sniper.gifJohn Chin, Captain of the archery regiment. Yes, Captain Chin

serenatest.gifSerena, a swordswoman

and i just noticed how few males i made. +1 for gender bias!

complaints and criticism are appreciated. and compliments if called for.

My virus stuff is blocking most of them for some reason but what I can see isn't too bad. I can see that all of them have shading problems around the neck and hair. Just reference other mugs for what they should look like and you'll improve.

sniper.gifJohn Chin, Captain of the archery regiment. Yes, Captain Chin

JUSTICE, THY NAME IS CHIN!!!

Solid splices Ms.Brave. At this point all I have to say is create.

... I'm honestly not exactly sure what I mean here. You see I live in the infamous Humboldt county, the alleged weed capital of the world and as you mau have notice today is 4/20 and I can't go no where with inhaling smoke. That and I've eaten nothing but a corndog today.

Wheeeee

John Chin: Mixed skin colors and outline, missing outline on the left side of his head, hair is floating off the side of his neck, head seems too big for body

Sandra: Shading needed where hair touches armor, more mixed outlines, needs's fifth skin tone, and the left side of her collar needs to go over her hair

Samson: Oh mah lawd I don't even Outline needed on hair, collar/Beta!Moulder's neck cut off, mixed outlines, fifth skin tone mixed with outline on left strand of hair, and mixed skin tones

Stopping due to feeling high

Fixing mixed colors is must

First off, not bad for being a newb at this stuff.

Ok. Down to business.

The first mug. The business with her hair on (our) right side is really all jumbly and isnt making a lot of sense.

Second mug: No shading where the bangs/fringe meet her head. Plus the shading on her neck is kinda odd.

Third mug, not bad but the back of her head looks like...she doesnt have one.

Fourth mug/Valter guy: Same business as above. His head seems oddly small. Plus the angle of his head with the armor/body looks sorta off.

Fifth Mug: Not bad. Needs some shading around where her hair sits on the armor.

Chin guy: Dont have much of a beef here. Chin.

Last mug: Shading under the hair.

In regards to ALL the mugs: Dont mix colors from FE8 with FE6/7 palettes. It looks really odd because FE8s colors are way more saturated than the others.

A lot of your hair/face splices have mismatched body angles, which makes them look a bit odd, unfortunately. You'd do well to start off by combining only faces that share same/similar angles, I think.

sameface.png

I threw this together in like five minutes

i am disturbed by how much better they look with switched faces

Yeah this is a pretty good way to practice splicing different stuff but with similar angles. :): And Renaults hair is awesome.

Im with Jubs, that palette is awesome, Celice!

First, you'll want to investigate photobucket/imgur. It'll save you a lot of headache. NOW THEN. . .

First mug - See that bit of hair on the jawline closest to us? It looks feathered out for no reason. You might want to smooth it out.

Second mug - Tana's hair color does not work with the rest of that splice. Choose a shade from FE 6/7, and go with it accordingly.

Third mug - Spaced-out features don't work well on someone who's face is as tiny as Florina's.

Fourth mug - Valter's skin tone doesn't match the rest of the mug. I think using a different head would work better; the entire thing looks awkward.

Fifth mug - Coloration issues aside, this one's your best, IMO. You'll need to shade the bit of shoulder pad where her hair is resting.

Sixth mug - I think you'll need someone with broader shoulders to pull that face off. Also, there's a spot on the chin where there's no outline; please address this.

Seventh mug - The face, hair, and shoulders clash. The color of Anna's hair and Lyn's clothes do not go well together. You'll want to improve the shading where the bangs come down; consult Anna's head for a reference.

Read through this thread; I think it'll help you a lot.

DtTNG.gif I fixed the hair feathering on the right. when i made it it looked kinda empty over there and i over filled it

W9uJM.gif her hair now has shading where it rests on her armor

J8cdc.gif that red was kinda absurdly bright

for the lord i fixed the shading on the hairline

now the only question is

8hgJD.gif The marquis Ostia? 35NgK.gif Or the isadora

I'm trying to image what the first sprite looks like with her hair down, and I'm failing miserably. Can someone give me a hand?

You'll need to shade the armor, as well.

That particular shade of blue isn't very red-friendly. I'd change the color of the clothes to something a bit darker. The red you have as the current hair color is a lot better.

Isadora's hair color looks much better. It doesn't blend into her clothes.