Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

saw this review on gamefaqs and wanted to know what you thought of it. he gave it a pretty bad rep

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-kakusei/reviews/review-150490

"The game also features no actual gameplay outside of the battle system (the map doesn't count)

Game play – 0/10"

What is this I don't even...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol review based on most probably the trailer

because I highly doubt some kid is gonna import a game AND a system for a series he's never played

just

lol

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It was from FE10, heh, figures, and even then, did they even play RD for more than a chapter? Uh...

Othin, you might have missed my question earlier, but how many fame points do you have and have you bought anything with them?

Edited by Silent Mercenary

So I noticed something with the trio of Spirit Talisman chapters.

Marth/Caeda

Alm/Cellica

Sigurd/Dierdre

Serlis/Julia

Leaf/Nanna

Roy/Lillina

Eliwood/Lyn

Ephraim/Eirika

Ike/Elincia

Sothe/Micaiah

These are the characters that show up in those maps. If we look at the 10 unique games, ignore FE3, and count FE4 as two games, that's a male/female pair from each game. The females are the enemies in the first map with three males as allies, the males are enemies in the second map with three female allies, and all 20 are enemies in the final map.

The other DLC maps create their character lineups from SpotPass teams. So what are these three maps creating their lineup from? Well, we may observe that all six DLC characters released thus far are from those 20. And 20 is the maximum number of extra characters your team can have. So it could be fitting that there might be 20 specially designed characters - to an extent - to fill those slots. So I get the idea that these 20 will be our lineup of DLC characters.

A solid theory and the pattern fits. I suppose we'll learn more when the next DLC is released.

Can you tell me the basic idea of the Gryphon Knight? Do they have a 15% Crit increase, a special skill, anything like that?

There's no innate crit increases or anything in the game. Pretty much all skills are gained from leveling up and can be seen here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Carrier

Movement +2 when Double is active

Griffon Knight

Level: 5

Lance Slayer

Hit and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a lance -

Griffon Knight

Level: 15

They seem to have lower caps than their Dragon-brothas, but gives much more team utility in the form of Carrier. Lance Slayer is nice too. While it's true you can grab these skills and change class again, they do have the ability to fly.

I've already reported it for takedown. I've been planning on writing my own review whether or not that works out, to give this game the representation it deserves.

Othin, you might have missed my question earlier, but how many fame points do you have and have you bought anything with them?

I have just over 1700 on my main file; haven't bought anything yet. Saving up to 3000 to buy Mercurius.

There's no innate crit increases or anything in the game. Pretty much all skills are gained from leveling up and can be seen here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Carrier

Movement +2 when Double is active

Griffon Knight

Level: 5

Lance Slayer

Hit and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a lance -

Griffon Knight

Level: 15

They seem to have lower caps than their Dragon-brothas, but gives much more team utility in the form of Carrier. Lance Slayer is nice too. While it's true you can grab these skills and change class again, they do have the ability to fly.

They're also faster, which seems to outweigh most of the losses compared to Dragonmasters in the first place. And the flying utility with their Move boosted to 10 is just amazing.

Ohtin, have you already faced Tiki's spotpass team? I'm kind of curious to see what's her party there. And if there's a model for generic male Manaketes, it'd probably be there as a Bantou reference, but at this point I guess there won't be one.

Edit: Also, this might have been answered before but... Alm can't wield the Falchions, right?

Edited by NeonZ

One thing I'm suprised they didn't change in Lunatic mode is the cost of the Spotpass units. Since recruiting Sigurd is 17,600 gold or fighting against a team of 10 units with capped HP and stats in the 40's up to 50's(though Sigurd's stats are back lower when he's recruited) the gold cost is a bit disproportiate for how strong he is and how tough his team is.

I guess it might be necessary for Lunatic+ or something.

Edited by arvilino

I thought it's because his ridiculous stats is only for his time as an enemy. It goes down to regular proportions after IIRC, but I could be wrong.

...which is still pretty damn high and if you buy him early on he'd probably be a great help regardless?

correct me if I'm wrong though

Ohtin, have you already faced Tiki's spotpass team? I'm kind of curious to see what's her party there. And if there's a model for generic male Manaketes, it'd probably be there as a Bantou reference, but at this point I guess there won't be one.

Edit: Also, this might have been answered before but... Alm can't wield the Falchions, right?

Haven't fought Tiki yet. Alm cannot use either Falchion.

Random note about the Falchions: even at the end of the game, the Hidden Falchion still lists just "Marth" as the user. The Sealed / Divine Falchions list Krom as the user, not mentioning Marth at all. The reason is obvious, but it's interesting.

One thing I'm suprised they didn't change in Lunatic mode is the cost of the Spotpass units. Since recruiting Sigurd is 17,600 gold or fighting against a team of 10 units with capped HP and stats in the 40's up to 50's(though Sigurd's stats are back lower when he's recruited) the gold cost is a bit disproportiate for how strong he is and how tough his team is.

I guess it might be necessary for Lunatic+ or something.

Wow, I never noticed he was that cheap. That is surprising - even being several times more expensive than any item, it's feasible to put together for such a powerful character.

Doesn't seem he's necessary, and I hope he really isn't: I wouldn't want to rely on something like that.

I thought it's because his ridiculous stats is only for his time as an enemy. It goes down to regular proportions after IIRC, but I could be wrong.

...which is still pretty damn high and if you buy him early on he'd probably be a great help regardless?

Yeah, the bonus stats go away. Actually, checking the enemy teams as an NPC team on the world map, they still display their NM stats, even on harder difficulties. They only show their real stats when you enter the map scene with them. But still, you're facing a more difficult battle for an even more important reward.

idk if anyones ever asked this but does double give both units exp? like split in half or something?

The Exp of the main unit in Dual combat is unaffected. If the side unit damages the enemy with a Dual Attack, they get regular Exp from battling as well: even if the side unit lands the finishing blow, the main unit is still the one to gain the increased Exp from the kill. These rules apply whether you enter Dual combat through the units being adjacent or in Double.

In Lunatic his enemy stats are ridiculous. But yeah when you recruit him his stats are lower. But they are still 71 HP, 30's in the physical stats, 24 luck and highish resistance.

I actually recruited him around chapter 12 where he's got about a 10 point lead in most stats against level 20-->1 Paladin Frederick. I haven't bothered using him in the chapters, I mostly bought him just in case I get into a situation where I'd need a unit that strong(Maybe for chapter 22 or something).

Though one thing is for certain you can tell IS didn't want the player to grind in Lunatic because even Sigurd can't really stand up to the skirmish enemies.

Edited by arvilino

Recruited him? So I guess you really did pay for him, and weren't just speaking hypothetically. I know you didn't beat his team at Ch12.

Enemies that even give Sigurd trouble? That's scary. Do you have any details? Like examples of some enemies, and what location they were in? I remember they always seemed to be slightly stronger than the enemies originally in the area where they appear, but if they're that strong even in the early areas, that's quite a shift. Seems like it should still be possible to grind in DLC chapters, though. The enemies there look tough, but not overwhelming.

Also, the fake Gamefaqs review got taken down, so yay. I'm still going to need to write my own review, though.

Edited by Othin

^I was at around 27,000 gold at that point. Since for quite a few chapters there are thieves and some bosses with 10,000 gold bullions.

On The Skirmish enemies. I think they actually get exponentially stronger as you progress through the game as opposed to the area they spawn in on Lunatic. I'm currently up to chapter 14 and on the chapter 4 map currently there's Falcoknights and Dark Pegasus's with 2-4 capped stats and the limit breaking Forges and all of them have an enemy unique skill that boosts their hit and avoid by 10.

They do get slightly stronger at the later chapters maps, a skirmish group on the chapter 12 map has some of the enemies having the +10 hit/avoid skill and/or a +20 hit/avoid version of that skill.

Edited by arvilino

Holy shit.

Well, I haven't seen any random skirmishes on my Lunatic file, but I have enough gold to afford a Scented Box. Obviously not planning on saving with the purchase, but it provided some perspective. I summoned a group of Dark Mages onto the Ch1 map, which did't seem too bad; the Dark Mages don't have any stats higher than 12. The Knight and Barbarian weren't quite so kind, but nothing on that scale. Looking at the weapons was another story: one Dark Mage was kind enough to carry Arcthunder, but the other enemies had either B rank weapons or forges. The boss used a hacked Nosferatu spell - with 15 Mt and 85 Hit, it's better than Inverse's Darkness. Shame he was only kind enough to drop a regular one.

Resetting and trying again on the Ch4 map, I got another group of Dark Mages constituting almost the exact same skirmish. In particular, the boss appears to be the same. So it looks like you're right about game progress determining it.

As for the ones you're talking about, they appeared randomly, right? So it is possible for them to show up without Scented Boxes, even on Lunatic?

---

Edit: Tried it again on the other available maps. Seems you can't summon monsters on locations with the merchants, so I had to sell them something so they'd leave. Each time, I got the same team - five times in a row. The enemy team was a bit smaller on the earlier maps, but the boss had the same weapons and identical stats every time. Wonder if the team was predetermined or just set up in some queue as the next one up.

Edited by Othin

Yeah they were randomly generated ones. Quite early in the skirmish enemies were unpromoted and not as tough compared to my team(as in Frederick could handle a few of them) as they are now but they were still strong/difficult enough(mostly because they all just charge you at once) that I couldn't really win.

Edited by arvilino

Mark and MU are son/daughter and mama/papa.

My question is, since MU merged with Medeus in the future then where did Mark come from? I'm sure Mark wouldn't have come about after the merging happened.

Also, MUdeus acknowledge Mark or any of the children as being related to her?

Edited by Retsudo

Could it be that the random battles for each chapter are determined after clearing the previous chapter? Unlikely, but possible given how the series likes to deal with random numbers I'd say. A good way to test it would be to (if at all possible) leave a battle-save with only a boss left then proceed to clear the chapter and check a skirmish.

Mark and MU are son/daughter and mama/papa.

My question is, since MU merged with Medeus in the future then where did Mark come from? I'm sure Mark wouldn't have come about after the merging happened.

Also, MUdeus acknowledge Mark or any of the children as being related to her?

Pairing MU with Serge, neither Mark nor Jerome had any conversation with the final boss.

Don't know about Mark. I heard he/she comes from a different timeline, but that doesn't sound like it fits with the supports.

Could it be that the random battles for each chapter are determined after clearing the previous chapter? Unlikely, but possible given how the series likes to deal with random numbers I'd say. A good way to test it would be to (if at all possible) leave a battle-save with only a boss left then proceed to clear the chapter and check a skirmish.

That's what it sounds like to me. I don't know of any way to use Battle Saves, though.