mega cringe-worthy gallery

AthenaWyrm

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sita.png

While I'm trying to figure out how to trim this other lady and make her better with some cnc, I'll be working on this sprite. Again, comment and critique appreciated. I am going to be making a small hack involving these two and two other sprites and I'd like them to be top-notch.

http://gyazo.com/2be055a702f6b7ed0f7a00a4875c5e92

iunno what the hell is happening, made the arm bigger and breasts less detached from the arm area?

Are you planning on making this hack insertable(aka 16 colours?) Because that's really unlikely as you have white hair(which is usually 4 shades) and heterochromia (with one of the eyes' colours acting as trim which won't end well)

Well, since you changed it, the edits I made would work for the current pose. Really the only way you're probably going to be able to make the heterochromia and the white hair work is by taking out the black and substituting one of the eye colours, sad to say. 5 shades for skin, 1 background, 4 for hair, 3 for an eye colour, 2 for another eye colour, 1 for outline

Edited by AstraLunaSol

@Astra - The palette is fine, actually. There are 15 colors + BG. It's just that there are some stray pixels in there. 4 shades aren't entirely necessary for the hair, and I think it's all right as it is. You just need to kick that white shade for the eyes and replace it with skin tone. The rest can be contrast-adjusted.

EDIT - 1oRm0.png

There're only 14 colors once the eye whites are removed and the stray pixels are properly recolored. There's plenty of space for another intermediate in there. The red can be softened out with skin tone, and whatever hair/blue problems there are can probably also be solved with the same color, if things're done right.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Iri-5.png

I replaced the pure white with the lightest skin tone, made some edits to the hair/eyebrows and fixed up the trim a bit by adding a third value.

Sita-1.png

This one's head is normal-sized but that means that it's inconsistent with the first, which SUCKS

Also, I took the hair color from Astra's mug. That doesn't happen to violate any rules does it?

No, you can't exactly claim a color in the spriting community, haha. Don't worry about that.

I'll be the judge of that! D:<

Also, I took the hair color from Astra's mug. That doesn't happen to violate any rules does it?

THIEF!! COLOUR THIEF!!!!! BAN BAN BAN!!!!

^ Joking, of course. :) Seph answered the question, hehe~

But yeah! I love her eyes! I think the upper lash line/top outline of the eye is too dark.

Edited by eCut

Iri-5.png

I don't think the stretched shoulder looks all that natural... that's just my opinion because I don't pay attention to proportions, but I don't remember them looking so... rounded x3 Maybe if the arms were raised it would show more curved like that but otherwise the breasts and armpit are usually closer together, and form more of a v than a u. Looking at it now it just kinda looked more like two pieces were stretched apart than a normal sized shoulder =3

That whatever you can call it strappy thing looks much thinner on her left than it does on her right, if you're just doing that to show skin off it kinda just looks... odd instead? XD

Iri-7.png

Made touchups on Iri based on what eCut and Freohr said. I feel like I need to edit the palette too.

Sita-3.png

As for Sita, her face looks kind of weird but I can't really put my finger on it... I think it might be that it looks like she's too old or masculine, but I'd like everyone's opinion on it.