halfrohp's 2nd sprite drop off & correctional facility

Tchyrimi

I'm really sorry about that Mew. I'll try to pay more attention.

Fixed (or will fix, if it didn't work) the stuff you told me.

c0171470987ce250ee904f622291c83f.png?1342034666

Did I just make the line on the helmet center jaggy? Is the part on the right too straight?

Edited by halfrohp

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, I kinda got a little mad and I shouldn't have :v

92baca1e8c42f20b0da8be61d7633749.png?1342035915

You'll notice I editted the left part of the helmet myself--I didn't really know how to put it into words, but basically what I did was alter the shape of the helmet a bit, then I changed the shading on the center line to be more smooth. I hope you can see the difference, the problem was that the entire line used the outline color.

Anyways, I think I confused you a little in my last post, the circle on the right actually refers to what I meant--that 'trim' is at a strange angle, and would look better straightened, the part that you fixed wasn't really a problem in my eyes.

The edge of the helmet that I circled on the left has weird shading overload that doesn't make sense also, might wanna fix that up to be more uniform with the shape of the helmet

edit: ohmygod why does my computer always saturate the colors of images saved from the web

Edited by Mewiyev

Yep, definitely getting there, but the coloring on the right side of the green part of the helm is still weird, the shadows and such don't really make sense with the light source you've applied in other places.

c7eee8b5da376793185946ef4062cee0.png?1342041773

Hnngh sorry whenever I take something into my editing program to look closer, editing it myself is like a reflex...

I posted some small edits that I made, the shading you changed was good but you left a big thick black line on the right side of the sprite, I took that out. I also changed the outline on the rest of the helm a little to be more uniform.

I changed the palette back to the original mug's palette cause I think it got screwed up

In way of done-ness though, I think this is getting there, helmets aren't exactly easy :T I should go...do something else for now

I'd try to find a better color for the scarf-thing and the armour. That white is a bit blinding. DX

The cape/sash/thing seems a nice balance of white, but the armor and hair seem a bit less vibrant in comparison. But the initial white is nice enough, to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Got something new to work on. Gonna fix up his messed up hair before I do the face.

ca4d05eeeeb62bd208f7dec524c67ba7.png?1343186831

EDIT:

Decided I didn't want to work with just a floating head.

7d40367cbdf64bca3b7b727894b46eab.png?1343189537Bad or good move, with clean up?

Edited by halfrohp

That head seems sorta small for Dart's body&large neck, but it might look better if you drag it a couple pixels to the right. At the moment the head is too far out.

You're using Rath's head, an average build guy. You try to put it on Dart and Dieck's heads. They are both large people. Use someone with the same size body as Rath instead of huge men.

• 1 month later...

To make up for coming back from the dead/state of Dathdom, I will make a major update. and probably ghost my way back to TEB

[spoiler=Some Portraits]th_wooo.png me as a nomad dressed as a chef

th_John-1.png some random sniper named John

th_wetew-2.png I cleaned up Amatis some more and tried to be a little bit daring with her.

th_Lyle-2.png a thief named Lyle

th_Angelo-2.png Angelo, a general

th_Anne-2.png and Anne, a femalaxehero

[spoiler=and some TEB style emotes]th_wha.png

th_wth.png

th_angrah-1.png

th_areumads.png

th_dfuq.png

th_cambro.png

th_dowant.png

th_ikr.png

th_XDchibi-1.png