So does this game have a post-game like Sacred Stones?

Well, there were quite a few things that bugged me about the Sacred Stones post-game that in my opinion made it unnecessary tedious, so I wondered if things have changed for this one.

-Do you actually get a decent amount of loot out of an random encounter to make up for your invested resources?

-Any stuff with limited uses that you can't restock somehow? I never liked using limited resources against an unlimited flow of generic enemies.

-Do most random encounters still have fog of war activated?

As far as I know, there's no post game, so keep a save before the final chapter if you want to return to it.

Items like dragonstones and whatnot can be bought, so I don't think there's anything to worry about there. You even have an infinite supply of master and change seals, so yeah. You do gotta wait for the merchants who sell them to reappear after a while though.

Actually, I think I remember reading that this game doesn't have much fog of war, or any for that matter. I'm probably wrong, but I think that's the case.

This question has been answered so many times in so many threads

The post game isn't like FE8.The game does save the fact that you've completed the game (so it can pass fame on to any new game you start) But when you choose to enter the file after completing it , you will keep playing as if you never finished the final chapter

1)You always get 1k gold because at least 1 enemy will always carry the lump of gold item , enemies also usually have some items to drop as well.This pays for the cost of scented boxes on Normal but not always on other difficulties but it doesn't really matter since enough skirmishes show up on their own for you to fight so you gain more money than you lose.

You always have money in this game ,you make alot of money during the campaign if you loot all the chests ,and in postgame your characters should be strong enough to farm gold from skirmishes (or buy the gold dlc and and get like 80k each time you complete it.)

2) everything is always available either via stores,travelling merchants or event tiles the only exceptions are sol katti and boots

divine/spotpass weapons and goddess staff(? not sure about this one) can be obtained in infinite amounts by replaying the divine weapons dlc but without that each can only be obtained once during the game

3) Fog of war doesn't exist in this game.

Edited by Velth

Thank you all for the replies.

I should have really posted in the question thread that Popo opened but in an even by my standards impressive display of obliviousness I managed to overlooked that one. I am sorry for the trouble.

Still, can you buy Hammere staffs?

Edited by BrightBow

Gog dram it, wait for the game to come out and figure it out for yourself Yes (I think), but it's really rare. The only staves you can't buy are the asterik'd ones(obtain through random glowy spots and Everyone's Room) and the Goddess staff (must be found in a Stefan-like way or grinded for in a DLC that dispenses divine weapons).

Edited by Only My Unit

Hammerne's a special staff that you can only buy when a traveling merchant randomly has it in stock, and that's usually around the last few chapters (I think someone had a merchant selling it around chapter 20). They also appear in a few chapters and gaidens. Adding to what Only My Unit said, aside * items/weapons/staves that can be found in merchants, the ones worth 0G can only be obtained through random methods or when they appear in the game if they do, exceptions being Boots (in-story and through Fame points), the Ultimate Emblem (only as costliest Fame prize), and a few others.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

Gog dram it, wait for the game to come out and figure it out for yourself Yes (I think), but it's really rare. The only staves you can't buy are the asterik'd ones(obtain through random glowy spots and Everyone's Room) and the Goddess staff (must be found in a Stefan-like way or grinded for in a DLC that dispenses divine weapons).

I'm sorry. However, it will still take half a year until 2013 arrives and even then it could be anywhere during the first half of it, not to mention that even with the vague date there is still a chance for it to be delayed even further. I just would like to get that stuff out of my system during that time.

Anyway, thank you for the elaborate answer.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't mind it on regular chapters, but in the Sacred Stones postgame it was incredible annoying since just a small slip-up could get one of your more vulnerable units killed. Add in the fact that most of the time you barely got any loot out of it and grinding in the post game turned into an unpleasant chore on top of the usual repetitiveness.

I'm glad to hear that they changed that.

Edited by BrightBow

You can get unlimited quantities of basically anything. Hammerne staffs are most prominently available as drops from bosses in skirmishes; they either drop their weapon, a stat-up item, or something else like that. On my main postgame file, I have 7 of them right now and never really bothered looking.

And yeah, you'll need to grind quite a bit to face the final DLC maps (the LvD trio) and possibly the highest-level SpotPass teams and sidequests. Shouldn't be necessary otherwise, though.

Divine Dragon Tears are limited. You get one for 30000 fame points and one for clearing gaiden 12, and merchants and green unit teams won't sell it.

I've heard some Taiwanese FE players who managed to beat L+ without doing any battles other than the main quest without killing anyone. So yeah, you can win without grinding. You can't grind in L or L+ without DLC anyway, since skirmishes have enemies too strong for an early team to battle, and any battle with green unit teams (StreetPass, SpotPass past heroes, auto-generated green unit teams) would give you only 1 Exp per battle and no WExp. DLCs don't have these limitations and you get experience normally, but L/L+ have a higher cap for internal level, so you'll end up getting little experience per battle in long term.

Edited by nocturnal YL

any battle with green unit teams (StreetPass, SpotPass past heroes, auto-generated green unit teams) would give you only 1 Exp per battle and no WExp.

Huh, did not know this. That's really interesting; I was thinking "why didn't they address this" and then it turns out they did.