Elibean Nights

Arch

Is there something specific I have to do for the talk between Natalie and Ninan because I can't get it to pop up

Edit: nvm i figured it out but i still cant access the next part even though I fulfilled the requirements

- Ninian x Natalie talk

- Eliwood opens the Lobera chest.

- Eliwood fights Warner

Did you fulfill all these three requirements? I think the last one was added for just this version of the patch.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arch, if i'm correct, more tales are supposed to unlock after you beat Eliwood, Hector's, and Lyn's tales right? I have the side tales unlocked but not the one's after that even though i've played through and beat the main 3.

Having fun with the new stuff so far. I have one bug I've found:

Elibian_Nights_Beta_63_bug_zpse3a57051.p

I was able to visit the village the first time I played the map, but I restarted the map and got to the village at a different point. Tried going to the village with both Lyn and Natalie, but I couldn't visit it with either of them. I got into the other village just fine though. Though when I did, the gate for the village didn't appear.

Also, not sure if this is a bug, but I couldn't enter the Armoury or Vendor.

Another Error: In Rath's tale, when you speak to Barte with Florina, it shows Guy speaking to him and Karla, not Florina (a leftover from the previous version?).

Edited by Ryan7556

In Raven's tale pt 2, visiting the house near the start shows a bit of dialogue between Eliwood and....somebody I don't recognize....and playing dialogue between Eliwood and Erik. Then I get a Hamerrene. Visiting it again results in a random villager talking about going against Ostia.

Edit: Seizing the camp in Raven's Tale part two shows Priscilla's recruitment conversation from FE7(complete with her portrait). There's other bits of dialogue and portraits that seem wrong(like when you have Priscilla and Heath talk in Raven's tale part 2).

Edited by shinpichu

I have the error where I cant progress pass the first three tales (and their side tales).

Also, after completing Kent's tale, the cursor in tale select disspears off to the far side of the screen (and does this also in achievements), and you have to select the prince by using what would be the L key.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: When replaying Kent's Tale, Gaufrid's weapons did not reset for me (so they stayed partially used)

Edited by SuperXela69

The newest release won't even patch correctly on a Mac. I'm using Multipatch, by the way.

Can you install Mono Runtime? If you can, then NUPS should work for you with no problem. Or at least I assume it should.

Edited by shinpichu

Lol who needs beta testers, who you have a whole forum full of them

Speaking of which after beating Kent's tale my rom froze. I managed to defeat Hervor early, no reinforcements were able to arrive before I took her down. Is the the cause? Also I noticed that the armory and shop were unaccessable. In Rath's tale, Niime doesnt have a death quote.

New patch. The bad news is, you'll likely have to replay the tales in order to fix the issue with tales unlocking.

A lot of these glitches are actually things I wrote in for testing purposes. My bad, guys. Everything else is just stuff that sorta slipped through the cracks. The new patch should have mostly everything that's been mentioned addressed (except the houses in 5-2, I'm gonna write those later). In terms of the more in-depth commentary (which I highly encourage you to share), I'll be reading and incorporating feedback as I go through the final touchup process.

2. In Eliwood's tale, the screen shifts to the chest and stairs in the top left corner of the map at the end of the player phase. This happens no matter where my units are.

Did this start happening after using the staircase mechanic? In the first few turns, I haven't noticed the same issue. Specifics on the timing would be appreciated.

The newest release won't even patch correctly on a Mac. I'm using Multipatch, by the way.

Considering that I don't really have a means of figuring it out (don't own a mac and don't know anything about their patchers), the best thing I can say is that you should try running NUPS. That's the program that the patch is created with, so it's the best choice.

EDIT: ARCH YOU NINJA. Also something relevant: Legault's tale seemed really easy to me. But maybe it's just cause the Cinquedea is broken.

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

So NUPS doesn't want to patch for me. I patched it onto a clean FE7 rom, mind you I'm going to replace the old Elibian Nights file wise...but the error it said was "File does not match the patch" or something to that effect. I'm using the newest patch btw. Should also mention I've tried patching it onto the previous file I patched. I'm really lost here.

EDIT: Specific error is: "The Patch does not match the file." I have it set to abort if something like that happens so...Any ideas people?

MOAR EDIT: Now NUPS won't even batch the previous beta version of V6. Problem is with NUPS then?

Yet Another Edit: I just tried Tsukuyomi. That didn't work either. Arch? Ideas?

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

Everything works now, for the most part. There's still one bit of mismatched dialogue in Raven's Tale pt. 2, when one of the warrior(can't remember who) talks to Priscilla.

Try this one. If not, you might want to try editing the file name and take out the greek letter. That's the only thing I can think of that might throw these programs off. Patching is usually pretty straightforward, and I'm using a clean FE7 ROM as my base.

The invincible fighter is gone. No idea why the staircase dialogue is showing up. I can't replicate it, so if somebody can make a savestate with the glitch so that I can investigate, it would be much appreciated. I guestimated a fix, hopefully it just goes away.

Edited by The Second Archsage

Try this one. If not, you might want to try editing the file name and take out the greek letter. That's the only thing I can think of that might throw these programs off. Patching is usually pretty straightforward, and I'm using a clean FE7 ROM as my base.

The invincible fighter is gone. No idea why the staircase dialogue is showing up. I can't replicate it, so if somebody can make a savestate with the glitch so that I can investigate, it would be much appreciated. I guestimated a fix, hopefully it just goes away.

EDIT: OKAY NOW IT RANDOMLY WORKS. Whatever. Moving along.

Edited by Ssbmfreak36