I draw FE

j00

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, and sorry for taking forever to do these. Self-imposed restrictions made it somewhat a chore and I realize I'm unsuited to taking requests in general. I need the practice though, I mostly draw whatever I feel like on a whim, so I need use to push myself to draw specific stuff with other tools than the ones I always use and so on.

[spoiler=Jill] fe13kk.png

spent too much time on her face

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

oh hey i started this topic nine months ago

gonna try and finish the requests the next few days

[spoiler=Largo] 35lvtit.png

used pen, basically trying not to actually paint with Painter by now

@vernalbee: sure, i'll probably do tethys after i'm done with the main ones

Edited by j00

Thanks, I figured I had to draw Largo as badass as possible, and the style resulted from imitating the layer of rough lines to make it more dynamic. It had a more interesting result than only using the "clean" lines and this way I didn't have to come up with an exiting new way to color it.

It's funny, I used to only draw girls, kids and girly guys, but lately most of the stuff I've drawn has been somewhat uneven due to experimenting and now I'm not quite sure what I'm good at any more.

Thanks, I figured I had to draw Largo as badass as possible, and the style resulted from imitating the layer of rough lines to make it more dynamic. It had a more interesting result than only using the "clean" lines and this way I didn't have to come up with an exiting new way to color it.

It's funny, I used to only draw girls, kids and girly guys, but lately most of the stuff I've drawn has been somewhat uneven due to experimenting and now I'm not quite sure what I'm good at any more.

Perhaps draw a really short work of everything, and see how you like it?

As in try to sum up styles and experiments? Should probably try to get some kind of overview if I want to keep any consistency, but it's nice to just draw randomly without thinking about any proper progress. I do have a tumblr where I occasionally post, should keep enough track of stuff until I decide to do things systematically.

gonna try to keep up with this

[spoiler=Othin/Orsin] jv5i8l.png

running out of tools i'm able to use

painter actually has sumi-e brushes

Edited by j00

I do have a tumblr where I occasionally post, should keep enough track of stuff until I decide to do things systematically.

not actually that relevant to this thread: woah, you're the person who drew that lucas pic? i saw somebody reblog it and had it in my likes for a while and had no idea. kind of surreal

Sure! The best way to find your own style is to experiment, and see what you like.

Wow, that is a nice tumblr! My favorite picture in there was the Christmas TWEWY. I also see Radiant Historia art, which is extremely cool~!

not actually that relevant to this thread: woah, you're the person who drew that lucas pic? i saw somebody reblog it and had it in my likes for a while and had no idea. kind of surreal

heh, not that easy to connect this account and my tumblr i admit, considering i don't participate much on the internet and i mainly play mafia here and mainly post drawings on tumblr. i don't do much i guess.

mother 3 is one of my favorite games ever and most of my earthbound/mother pics seem to be well liked on tumblr. things like that seems to depend on fandom a lot over there.

also i like your avatar. chose the hued birds of happiness for my desktop wallpaper instead of the flip floppers myself though.

Sure! The best way to find your own style is to experiment, and see what you like.

Wow, that is a nice tumblr! My favorite picture in there was the Christmas TWEWY. I also see Radiant Historia art, which is extremely cool~!

the christmas gifs was pretty fun to do and it's also on my list to finish those after i'm done with these requests. got a bit busy last christmas. drawing is just a hobby and stress relief, so when i have any kind of deadlines i tend to stress and bail. working on catching up during the vacation~

also radiant historia is great and sorely underappreciated. it's a game i'd like to do more drawings for later. started coloring an old sketch some months ago, but it never really went anywhere:

2q2g805.jpg

almost finished now

[spoiler=Titania] soy78y.png

was going to do SUPER BISHOJO SENSHI but it turned out more like manga mucha or something

Oh wow. . . these are really good. I've not seen any artwork quite like this.

I'm wondering, do you accept only playable characters - and for that matter, humanoid characters?

I'm feel cruel, wanting to ask you to draw Duma. I mean really, Gaiden has NO artwork whatsoever. And the guy's a . . . a bloomin' Snail with Chicken Wings covered in slime.

Erm, how about something easier. Like Knoll. . . or even a Phantom, although that may be a tad more difficult with a class icon and some sprites being their only "artwork."

I can't even tell what Duma's supposed to be, uh, slime covered chicken snail is probably what I have to base it off.

It'd be interesting to try, I'm all open for non-human things and diversity and all that, but don't expect anything anytime soon, all subsequent requests are drawn as I feel like it so it will probably take a while.

Edited by j00

At this point I draw them if/when I feel like it, mainly making myself even less commited than before, but feel free to throw out requests! It's more of a list of stuff if I ever blank out in terms of what to draw.

About Tethys, it's a style I've been drawing in recently since it's fairly quick, lets me do lazy coloring and a cheap fix to managing my issues with shades and contrast. Basically it helps covering most of my weaknesses and it's really fun to do, though I'm afraid to become too comfortable with it, heh.

That picture of Eruca is really great. If you're thinking of doing any more Radiant Historia drawings, can I request one of Raynie?

As for FE, a pic of Sain would be cool.

Ooh, random requests? Joshua (TWEWY) and Stocke (Radiant Historia), if you ever feel like it. As for FE. . .uhhh, how 'bout Sedgar? :P:

• 2 weeks later...

Oho! Very very cool styles! I especially like your Titania (Neat hair!) and Tethys (Great gesture!) ones * u *
And that Lucina and Morgan picture's too cute <3

I really like Awakening family pictures haha.

Edited by pinkbubblegum