Prax's Artwork! (Devianart stuff + lol)

Prax

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, if they were anthropomorphic birds would they be called featheries?

You can do so many different styles~

It must have taken years of dedication to do them all so well! And some innate talent. i for one still can't color in the lines and no amount of training would offset my terribleness

wait, if they were anthropomorphic birds would they be called featheries?

You can do so many different styles~

It must have taken years of dedication to do them all so well! And some innate talent. i for one still can't color in the lines and no amount of training would offset my terribleness

Hahaha~! I dunno! I think all animals are under the general umbrella as "furries". XD I have not kept up with what the furry community's terminology is these days, though I do like drawing anthros!

And thank you! Well, I guess spending so much of my life to just drawing for fun (and sometimes for work if I ever have the energy lol) leads to developing in all sorts of wats. Unfortunately, it also means I am so unfocused and inconsistent! Sometimes I wish I could just develop ONE style really really well instead of so many styles that are kind of.. half-assed. >___>

And that's not true! I think if you spent years or even months of practice, you'd be able to develop a colouring style you liked! You can even use "sloppy colouring" as an advantage and develop a style out of that!

Anyway, another new thing: A sketch before I mess it up with some horrendous colour experimentation!

sketch___my_boyfriend_s_got_a_cat_by_meibatsu-d5w5vuf.jpg

Whoaaaaaaa. You are sooooooooo gooooooooooood I definately gotta learn how to use colors like that! Where was it done on photoshop or sai?

Thank you!

I do most things in SAI since it's a faster program with easier-to-use brushes.

I pretty much only use photoshop if I HAVE to for text or vector-shapes or a gradient fill tool.

Psh you didn't mess it up at all, those colors are great! I really like it! I think it could benefit from a bit more contrast, or some color holds, but that's all I'm seeing :V I think it looks awesome.

Psh you didn't mess it up at all, those colors are great! I really like it! I think it could benefit from a bit more contrast, or some color holds, but that's all I'm seeing :V I think it looks awesome.

Haha.. I dunno, they ARE kind of blinding!

I was thinking of colour holds, but then everything else was already so colourful and crazy, I thought I should just leave the lineart black. lol

I agree that I should have used more contrasting colours though. Everything except the pale yellow and mix of purple-green (the brownish) had the same level of crazy saturation, so they all kind of exhibit the same blinding level, which lowers the contrast even if they are colour opposites.

Here's a less distracting version that I think is more pleasant to stare at (plus no messed up background hahah~):

crazy_colours_but_less_so_by_meibatsu-d5wkqtg.png

Didn't even know this thread existed. This is by far my favorite art in the whole thread. So full of character and personality!

Ooh, thanks! Glad you like that one! I remember spending a lot of time trying to figure out how their costumes actually looked! So difficult finding the right references!

Are you a Micaiah x Sothe fan? xD

Edited by Prax

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, I really like your lighting and dynamic poses!

Ahaha.. thank you! I always feel most of my poses are stiff so I try to stick dynamic things into them.. but very conservatively because dynamic stuff is haaaard!

Anyway, my latest things~!

Gift Change sketches for people in my DA group who never got a gift from their secret santa yet.. :(

A couple of OCs being cute:

sgpa_gift_exchange_2012___beastly_gurl01_by_meibatsu-d5wmybl.png

An OC with Nightwing of Young Justice: Invasion.

sgpa_gift_exchange_2012___hieis_wolf_girl_by_meibatsu-d5wnaxn.png

A design of a cat named Echo:

echo_the_silent_assassin_by_meibatsu-d5wnprb.jpg

Aaaandddd a banner/header image for a wedding invitation~! (My wedding, to be precise! Uggh.. I hate wedding planning..!)

In a style inspired by the great Gigi D. G. http://gigidigi.tumblr.com

wedding_invite_banner_by_meibatsu-d5xjp1i.png

Oh, you're getting married, Prax? That's awesome! Seems everyone I know/meet has a special someone... Always made me feel left out and lonely because I'm alone.

But that banner is pretty. ^^

And in that one pic, is that cat jumping on the guy's crotch or stomach? o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Your art is glorious as usual!

It's nice to see that you've found your special someone! Congratulations and good luck with your wedding planning; I hope you get everything just right for your special day.

Doesn't answer my question.

Oh, lemme take a crack at this! Based on the anatomical proportions I'd say that's his stomach.

Judging from the look on his face too it looks more like "I'm annoyed that this cat is on my stomach" than "this cat has its claws embedded in my no no zone"

Am I right, Prax? i failed didn't i

i'll stop now

xP

Oh, lemme take a crack at this! Based on the anatomical proportions I'd say that's his stomach.

Judging from the look on his face too it looks more like "I'm annoyed that this cat is on my stomach" than "this cat has its claws embedded in my no no zone"

i'll stop now

xP

lol "no no zone" XD

But I see now, thanks. :P:

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, you're getting married, Prax? That's awesome! Seems everyone I know/meet has a special someone... Always made me feel left out and lonely because I'm alone.

But that banner is pretty. ^^

also good for you prax for getting married and all that.
Well, these are gorgeous.
Your art is glorious as usual!

It's nice to see that you've found your special someone! Congratulations and good luck with your wedding planning; I hope you get everything just right for your special day.

Oh, and congratulations, too~!

PRAX YOU'RE A VIETNAMESE?!?!

Edit: Nice invitation card btw. avoiding spam lol

Haha.. all these quotes~! THANKS EVERYONE~~!

I pretty much happened to be lucky and found a guy I was compatible with (and didn't bug me lol) on the first try and I didn't have to go through awkward dating phases of breakups to do it. Or maybe the both of us are just way too mellow or jokey with one another so we don't get into any serious fights. It's almost been 10 years, I guess it's time to get married. XD (all according to keikakun lol). Frankly, it's really weird for me to even think I am getting married or even being in a relationship. It doesn't really match the persona I give off, but I guess life finds a way. <_< As for anyone else looking and hoping to find that someone, just put yourself out there and don't be afraid to take chances. If it works out, it works. If it doesn't, move on! It's a big world. You never know what can happen. The bestyou can do is live yoru life fully and achieve your goals and dreams so that when you do find that someone, you already are becoming an awesome person and making for yourself an awesome life to share with them.

(Also, planning things is gruelling and totally not my forte. It's really taking it out of me. XD I just want to be ultra cheap and not do anything or spend any money.. but expectations and culture and etc etc etc! UGHHHH... Well, at least it should be fun. >_> I hope.

And yes.. I AM VIETNAMESE.. Hence the huge family I somehow have to afford going to my wedding and the expectations bearing down on me --though really, I am screwing around a lot with convention too because I am edgy and loleriffic that way. They kind of have a right to be concerned. LOL)

And in that one pic, is that cat jumping on the guy's crotch or stomach? o.O

i'll stop now

xP

Hahaha! The intention was for it to jump on his stomach, but I guess it does look like it's heading for his crotch. It would certainly be more of a.. "dick move", suiting the cat's vengeance nicely. XD But yeah.. it's his stomach. His expression for crotch clawing would be more of shocked deep dread and mortifcation than straight up anger~!

SO FINALLYYYYYYY AFTER SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY BUYING THINGS AND IT'S NOT EVEN OVER YET OMG...

...Some time to draw thingsss~~!

Doodle to break out of drawing hiatus (It was almost 2 weeks!):

jericho_2021_by_meibatsu-d5yr1gx.png

Quick contest entries for formal dress of characters I have in an RP/adventure group on Deviantart:

myriadsaga_event_3___rowan_by_meibatsu-d60801m.png

myriadsaga_event_3___orionhod_by_meibatsu-d609u6u.png

And a paintover of a face model I made using a free version of Facegen Modeller (it's the best part of SIMs~ Making people! Though still not as flexible as I would personally like or I just don't know what I'm doing lol): http://facegen.com/modeller.htm

hh_by_meibatsu-d60m50r.jpgpaintover_altaire_by_meibatsu-d60m4uq.png

I tried to paint it to make it look a bit more like how I envision the character in my head, but maybe that just makes it unrealistic proportion-wise again. I don't know~~ I also decided it was looking too oddly uncanny and had to make him not smile to make it less creepy. >__> I also don't know how to make hair, and yeah, he does look a lot like a girl. lol

Edited by Prax

ooooooooh

Do you use freebie textures for your backgrounds or do you make them?

I actually go and buy handmade/scrapbook paper with patterns (at the dollar store or paper stock that's discounted lol) I think are nice, and then I scan them in at high resolutions so I can use them multiple times as background textures.

I also do this to cardboard backing inserts to get the nice cardboard/paper texture you see on a bunch of my drawings. lol Sometimes I also scan in pieces of wood to get a nice wood grain too.

I am sure if I could actually make cool textures and patterns myself, I could make a lot of money out of it or something! XD

...i've spent dozens of hours looking for decent paper and stone textures but it never occurred to me to just go take some photos.

Wow that portrait is beautiful! Could totally see it as a sprite~

I especially love the shading of his irises. :)

Totally didn't think it was a girl at first. :X