Prax's Artwork! (Devianart stuff + lol)

Prax

Dysta's worse, I mean, Golem wrecks her team.

I mean, uh, shading? I can't tell what's wrong with the shading! The most awkward thing in the recent pictures is how Turtwig hasn't been ignited by Charizard's tail!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three fire types god you're such a bad trainer where's your variety ugh

I MEAN NICE ART YEAH!

and is that a shiny ditto?

neat. never knew they were blue.

Pyromania is always a valid trait for a Pokemon trainer.

Dysta's worse, I mean, Golem wrecks her team.

I mean, uh, shading? I can't tell what's wrong with the shading! The most awkward thing in the recent pictures is how Turtwig hasn't been ignited by Charizard's tail!

Hahaha.. shading! I was actually trying very hard to imitate Ken Sugmori's style of shading. And obviously I didn't take into account the lighting from the fires! I mean, then I'd have to think about cyndaquil too. That's too many light sources to deal with!!!! lol //lazyartist

And besides that, I have a secret excuse! XD

006Charizard.png

See that official art? Yeah. Turns out, charizard and all those other "fire" pokemon don't actually have real glowing fires that cast light (probably also doesn't even "burn"). All an optical illusion! So there you go~! xD (Maybe Ken is lazy too. I am in good company. lolol)

I never claimed they they were GOOD Pokemon trainers! XD

Solar Cat/me just likes adventuring around.. not actual battling. lol It's a miracle she even evolved her Charizard.

And Dysta.. uhh... she just picked the cute pokemon and turned them shiny and hacked the game so Ditto could be the HM mule. >_>

You can check out their pokemon descriptions here (note: I have not played the games since Ruby, and never competitively, so I am not an expert. XD). Feel free to tell me how bad the movesets are, even though it's not like I even play the games properly. lolol What do you mean I can't just fly and dragon claw and surf everything to death? XD

[spoiler="lol OCs for pokemon~!]

SOLAR CAT'S TEAM:

Solar Cat started becoming a pokemon trainer kind of late (at 15--she's supposed to be 19 in the pic, but you can never truly tell with Pokemon art, can you?! lol), but she still managed to evolve her charmander into a charizard at the very least, and kept a bunch of her other starters along the way! She's not much of a battler though, since the whole training and such is not her forte... She just kind of goes around adventuring for the heck of it~!

I actually haven't played Black/White yet (still awaiting Rainbow version!), so oshawott's like.. a recent hatchling. >__>

You will also obviously notice something's off with the turtwig. He knows vine whip (apparently impossible), and he's metallic in appearance (and is not a "shiny" variation). That's Heimdl, a person cursed to become a pokemon upon entering the Pokemon universe~~~~! He refuses to be called Solar Cat's pokemon, but come on! For all technical purposes, he's one of her 6. He's mad in the picture because he's on seatbelt duty. XD

Charizard - female, nicknamed Salamance (nickname ridiculously similar to the pokemon SALAMENCE? Yes, it is. LOL)

- dragon claw

- iron tail

- fire blast

- fly

notes: Solar Cat's very first pokemon! Aaaw! Salamance is pretty awesome and loyal to Solar Cat. She tends to get into arguments with Heimdl though, because she thinks she's the pokemon boss of the team, and Heimdl's so tiny yet uppity. XD

Cyndaquil - female, nicknamed Cinnamin

- leer

- smokescreen

- ember

- quick attack

notes: Cinnamin's kind of lazy and untrained, much like her trainer. She's otherwise a pretty normal cyndaquil. It's a good life!

Torchic - female, nicknamed Alphinas

- peck

- sand attack

- fire spin

- mirror move

notes: Alphinas is a quirky poopit of a bird. And oh-so--lovable! That is why Solar Cat keeps her as a torchic instead of evolving her. She likes pecking things, getting into trouble, getting trapped, and getting KO'd. >_>

Turtwig - male, named Heimdl

- vine whip

- curse

- protect

- frustration

notes: Heimdl is actually an OC that normally has human form. Heimdl knows vine whip because he demands to be able to hold things and smack things in the face with it. >_> This is despite the fact that no turtwigs can actually learn vine whip. He's kind of mad at me/Solar Cat that he was brought to the pokemon world at all and must be a pokemon on top of that, so his happiness meter is eternally low. Good thing he has frustration as a move then! XD BEWARE! He's pretty aggressive, but despite that, he hates actual battling and matches, and is more the type to lash out to keep the rest of the team out of trouble. --Also, I suppose he's actually Grass + Steel type, given his appearance!

Oshawott - male, nicknamed Skuubs

- tackle

-

-

-

notes: Skuubs is newly born and knows nothing! XD Aww.. poor baby! Don't worry, Solar Cat will love you and maybe if she's not too lazy, she will train you. >_>

Linoone - male, nicknamed Zoon

- cut

- surf

- strength

- rock smash

notes: Zoon serves as the team HM mule! Not only that, but Zoon serves the VERY IMPORTANT purpose of getting the team free stuff with its pickup ability! He's a vital member of the team! But is otherwise kind of a scaredy cat.

DYSTA'S TEAM:

Dysta in the pokemon world is still a spirit trying to gain enough power to make her away home. But instead of befriending people, she has to CATCH AND BEFRIEND THEM ALL to get enough power to get home!

I am sure you have not failed to notice.. that not only are all of Dysta's main pokemon unable to evolve (combee's a male! lol), but they are also all SHINIES! That is right! When Dysta captures a pokemon to make a pact with them, they change colour to their shiny version! Do you have a shiny pokemon? It has met Dysta. LOL

She's a pretty awesome pokemon trainer. XD

And by awesome, I mean that she is a hack that makes her Pokemon learn impossible skills (this isn't including how she makes them shiny too. LOL).

Combee - male, nicknamed Drippy

- sweet scent

- gust

- bug bite

- fly

notes: That's right. She hacked the game and taught Drippy FLY. Combees generally cannot learn any other moves besides the 3 first ones by level up.

Emolga - female, nicknamed Swoopy

- spark

- acrobatics

- volt switch

- cut

notes: Swoopy, Swiffy, and Dysta cause a lot of mischief together. XD Swoopy especially likes cutting branches and overhead ledges so it falls down on unsuspecting targets.

Pachirisu - female, nicknamed Swiffy

- electro ball

- super fang

- volt switch

- flash

notes: Swoopy, Swiffy, and Dysta cause a lot of mischief together. XD Swiffy likes getting in a target's face and using FLASH at point blank and running away.

Ditto - nicknamed Dytza

- transform

- surf

- strength

- dive

notes: Ditza really likes transforming into Dysta the mostest! Of course, it's not a perfect transformation, and Dysta-Dytza has that beautiful ditto face instead. XD Dysta also hacked the game to make Dyzta an HM mule.

Shaymin - nicknamed Twirly

Land Forme

- magical leaf

- energy ball

- healing wish

- protect

Sky Forme

- magical leaf

- energy ball

- leaf storm

- hyper beam

notes: Twirly was attracted to Dysta for her gratefulness for all the pokemon friends she was making. Dysta helped it find a gracidea flower and it in return decided to befriend Dysta as well!

Meloetta - nicknamed Jingles

- relic song

- role play

- close combat

- perish song

notes: Jingles and Dysta impressed each other with their singing and dancing. They often perform together to make extrra cash to buy food and shelter for the rest of their team. XD

Whoa dude, rocking thread. Do you have a tumblr? This is very important. For my purposes.

Aaaaah, fuck, now it's self-insert trainers? Gimme some time to doodle these things, will ya. D8

That poor Turty. It's like HOORK GOTTA HOLD ON I'MMA BE SICK

^ In relation to the above post, if you do, have you ever done Tumblrmon?

He's just MAD that he's on seatbelt duty because he doesn't trust me and my stupid crew to stay on Salamance properly. >_>

The site that must not be named has been mentioned, jegus i have to start drawing things right now

now that i'm not on a plane anymore

it might be pokemon time

And I DO have a tumblr, but I barely post any art or original stuff on it! XD Maybe I should??? idk. I just generally use it to reblog things I find interesting. lol

But if you wanna know it anyway, it's: orangesolarcat.tumblr.com

Edited by Prax

Heehee I don't care about giving my team type variety x3 In my Soul Silver I have a Typhlosion, Ninetales and Flareon. I just make my team off of favourites and my favourites mainly consist of fire types~

I think those pics are adorable =3 I'm a little afraid for Zoon though, being that big and caught sitting in the skinny tail XD

Edited by Freohr Datia

Heehee I don't care about giving my team type variety x3 In my Soul Silver I have a Typhlosion, Ninetales and Flareon. I just make my team off of favourites and my favourites mainly consist of fire types~

I think those pics are adorable =3 I'm a little afraid for Zoon though, being that big and caught sitting in the skinny tail XD

Haha.. yeah! Just pic whoever you like is my motto!

Thanks! Yeah.. he's a scaredy-cat too.. but I'm sure Heimdl the Turtwig will rescue him if he happens to fall off.. ..>_> I hope.

More character design stuff~!

He's a shapeshifting ancient ocean spirit that "recruits" people into becoming other ocean spirits.

On the left, his "civilian" clothing makes him look alike a priest/concubine. xD

On the right, his "hero" uniform looks like a mix between a beta fish, a flamenco dancer, and a Lunar New Year dragon~

Yes, he is very fabulous. lol

_s2__black_seiren___floating_flamboyance_by_meibatsu-d5rj9a1.png

[spoiler=And his flats if you wanna take a better look since the shading obscures some linework]

sgpa_s2_blackseiren_r_by_meibatsu-d5rq7pu.jpg

Edited by Prax

I wish I'd noticed this stuff earlier. I love your work. Don't stop doing this stuff. Apply for a job as a game character artist. I want to see your work as part of official artwork in future FE games.

Edit: I just realised the text you used in the Myriad Saga image is from Sonic 3 & Knuckles <3

Edited by Raven

Thanks, guys. He appreciates your appreciation! xD

I wish I'd noticed this stuff earlier. I love your work. Don't stop doing this stuff. Apply for a job as a game character artist. I want to see your work as part of official artwork in future FE games.

Edit: I just realised the text you used in the Myriad Saga image is from Sonic 3 & Knuckles <3

And this is like.. the most flattering thing ever.. Q____Q

I WOULD BUT I HAVE COMMITMENT ISSUES AND FEAR OF RESPONSIBILITY OMG HELP.

It's totally my dream job to be a Fire Emblem character artist though. //tears

Maybe I'll be able to get up to being a DLC portrait artist instead. lol

Haha, really? I think it's a font I installed years ago (dunno if it came with the computer or a really old disk form a Canon printer)! I forget what it's called, but I guess S&K used it too because it's pretty~

I doodled something while watching my stupid hockey team lose last night. I threw on some quick colours so it looks like i put more effort into it, but yeah..

Half-chibi anthro forms of some of my characters. GLS would be cloesest to the definitions of a barafur if I knew how to draw muscles properly. lol Zehn'l got no hair because figuring out how to put hair on a frog is too hard, and GLS was originally designed without hair (during an era where I did not yet draw anthro males with human-like hair styles), so he didn't get any.

anthro_sketches_by_meibatsu-d5sbosc.jpg

And flats for the next character profile, which will be shaded tomorrowish.. and yes, her pink and red clash to add an extra layer of trolling and annoyance:

_s2__miss_candy___wip_by_meibatsu-d5s72ks.jpg

I need to come to this section more often.

These are all so great!

It must be nice to be so talented, eh?

Thank you! XD

Hahaha.. talent.. if only I didn't waste it on so much distraction.. OH WELL! YOU DO WHAT YOU CAN.

Oh no Prax you did a boobs and butt pose why no ; ~ ;

HAHAHA.. YOU KNOW WHY! FOR 151% SEX APPEAL!!!

Cherry Candi / Miss Candy was always a kind of trolley fanservicey character when I first made her. It's like.. a part of her personality DNA too. >_>

So she is a lesbian hedonist pretty sociopathic bounty hunter/merc type that is brilliant and competitive and loves flaunting what she got.

I don't even LIKE lobster mecha boots and individualized boob plates or guns for that matter, but apparently she does! At some point, it's not even about my own tastes anymore. The character just drives their own horrible destiny and I draw it. <_< She is kinda so brazen and unapologetic about it though, that it's kind of endearing? XD

She was originally inspired by Brave New World's Lenina Crowne, who left the distinct impression of a green viscose belt in my mind (hence all of Cherry's green). Lenina is pretty much a piece of sexual meat in the book, and for some reason I remember picturing her with blond hair and purple eyes and a very dull mind but pleasantly docile personality. Uh.. somehow out of that inspiration I made the very aggressively individualistic and ambitious Cherry Candi who likes to shoot things and indulge in life's pleasures.. and comes kinda close to the "STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS" parody... hahah~

[spoiler=Strong Female Characters- By Kate Beaton]

http://harkavagrant....ndex.php?id=311

strongfemalessmall.gif

Cherry's just got a full bodysuit on though cuz goddammit, she has SOME sense!

Edited by Prax

Haha, really? I think it's a font I installed years ago (dunno if it came with the computer or a really old disk form a Canon printer)! I forget what it's called, but I guess S&K used it too because it's pretty~

Yeah I think it's a really cool font (not just because it was used in Sonic 3) - Sonic 3's been around since 1994 so it's a pretty old typeface, to say the least. But still tops many fonts of today.

Looking around, I found this.

It is like.. maybe one of the only novels I've ever read and still remember about.

I am not much of a fiction reader. xD //unculturedpleb

I gots the latest FE game~~! YAAAY~~! Go Toronto! Break them street dates! lol

Also, here's a sneak peak of my FE: Awakening countdown artwork.

It's me (Prax) as the Avatar Unit.

prax_emblem_awakening_by_meibatsu-d5t45zj.jpg

Other characters are in the artwork, which will be shown on the FE: Awakening Countdown Tumblr on the 31st.

Wow, how did I miss this thread until now? Amazing stuff, Prax! I'd seen your art around the interbons before but didn't know you'd been on SF. Your characters really resonate with personality and energy - love it!

Edited by Astelaine

Ahah! FINALLY I CAN POST THIS!

fe_awakening_countdown__4_days_remaining__by_meibatsu-d5tdh36.png

Graphite, Paint Tool SAI.

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING IN NORTH AMERICA!

(Though technically, since I live in Toronto and our EBgames received shipments early and broke street date, I had the game since Tuesday! I'm playing on Hard Classic. SO GOOD. SO MANY DEATHS/RESTARTS ALREADY! lol)

Artwork featuring Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Prax ("Robin"/Avatar Unit), the first four characters introduced in the game!

Even though I am not in love with the character designs used in this game (lot more fanservice than I would like), the artwork style itself is really nice and there are just so many options and breeding and tactical goodness involved that I cannot NOT enjoy it! *__* I hope this game does really well. The franchise really deserves more recognition and renown!

Colouring style inspired by the amazingly talented *Phobs! Of course, I can't really compare to her magnificent style, but I tried hard to give it a multi-coloured pencil-crayoned look! Only the outlines were in pencil. All the colours were digitally done.

• 2 weeks later...

Yayyy~~! New art~!

Something that got turned into a tattoo (pigment liner and Prismacolor markers):

the_priestess_by_meibatsu-d5tgqud.jpg

And a club Secret Santa / Valentine thing! (mechanical pencil and Paint Tool SAI --and some Photoshop):

fe__secret_santa_2012___valentine_2013_for_krad__by_meibatsu-d5uzg4h.png

Edited by Prax

The top one is a totally legit tattoo?! For yourself or for someone else?

Haha.. yes! It got turned into a legit tattoo for someone else. He has 4 others by me too. It was kind of like.. a last piece to tie the rest in together? I will take a pic of his back sometime to show them all, I suppose. XD Really, I have self-doubts about whether it's even a good idea to tattoo any of my stuff because ugh.. I am not that good and it's permanent and yeah.. ;___; But he likes it so I guess I just have to make peace with that.

Also, finally got my butt moving and finished shading this thing. I procrastinated so much because I didn't want to deal with adding shiny gloss and stuff.. but.. er.. I just did whatever to get it over with!

_s2__miss_candy___bold_and_brazen_bounty_hunter_by_meibatsu-d5s72ks.png

Edited by Prax